Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

About a week month ago I saw someone say something like this. I thought they'd implement something like this already :(

I'm still waiting.

In the cold.

Outside.

Patiently.

There's a decent chance it was me actually haha. I've been wanting that to be implemented for a while now.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

I thought you of all people would know the solution to this already. What are you doing here, the amount (and quality?)  of animal sacrifices to get them to add easy ways to get crystal is most likely exponentially higher than pulling units and the like.

The power of animal sacrifice is only to buy favor in the eyes of Anna our great and merciful commander. Nintendo controls everything in this game, besides our pulls which Anna oversees. I will never make sacrifices to some company just to get some Crystals. I have more fear towards what Anna will do to me if I'm not in her favor.

Also, are you questioning the condition of my sacrifices!? I have you know that I make sure I only offer the most pristine cuts of meat. And the live sacrifices are of the best in the herd, thank you very much!

Spoiler

I only just learned that Anna also accepts Steak. I got 2 5 stars after that and unfortunately could not stay in her favor anymore because of a certain wager with a certain someone who I won't say to protect their innocence. Now I am under the power of Princess Sharena, the filthy little trollop most kindest soul in all of Askr.

Spoiler

Anna will always be my home girl

2 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

You doubt Anna's reach? Is she not still associated with random chance, if you think about it that influences all. 

I would never doubt her reach! But all because of a slip of the tongue, my loyalty I shall give no longer . . . . . . . .

13 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My main problem with Ninian is that, even when Min-maxed, she's still basically a worse Azura. : S (At least she's more common, though.)

Aqua also doesn't have nostalgia factor.

Min-maxing a less efficient unit still has satisfaction in it.

Aqua also didn't give me a career, an IRL waifu, and... well a lot of things. I won't rant in here.

Like I said. I didn't say "min-max" in the usual sense. I said "obligation".

Edited by shadowofchaos

25 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My main problem with Ninian is that, even when Min-maxed, she's still basically a worse Azura. : S (At least she's more common, though.)

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Aqua also didn't give me a career, an IRL waifu, and... well a lot of things. I won't rant in here.

This.

48 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Aqua also doesn't have nostalgia factor.

Min-maxing a less efficient unit still has satisfaction in it.

Like I said. I didn't say "min-max" in the usual sense. I said "obligation".

Doesn't have to be a rant though, you actually made me curious how Ninian would lead you to those things.

After being completely indecisive brilliant planning, I had accumulated 40k feathers. Maybe I should of done the smart thing and got a 5* Nino and/or Sharena, which would of went well with Eirika, but I felt that my old faithful 4* arena team standbys deserves them the most for their services for almost 2 months.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-03-21-00-17-29.thumb.jpg.904026d310fbc6b07ae0e1e3b6a96ead.jpgScreenshot_2017-03-21-00-19-38.thumb.jpg.dda95b9f8dbce543f337df03e884d0af.jpgScreenshot_2017-03-21-00-19-59.thumb.jpg.413f05161f265021affefd316a452c71.jpg

Congrats FCorrin, Kagero! We will fight in the arena again soon someday!

16 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Doesn't have to be a rant though, you actually made me curious how Ninian would lead you to those things.

Ninian → Fire Emblem community → ROM hacking → software development → career.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sounds good, but how much of that would you credit to Ninian being in the game as opposed to the Fire Emblem series? Just curious xD. If such a character would be the start of a big path in life for me, I would probably try and get as many copies as I could of him/her aswell xD.

Just now, Birdy said:

Sounds good, but how much of that would you credit to Ninian being in the game as opposed to the Fire Emblem series? Just curious xD. If such a character would be the start of a big path in life for me, I would probably try and get as many copies as I could of him/her aswell xD.

*points to my user name*

Ninian was the reason I started spriting (my first sprite work was an ice dragon battle sprite and attack animation), and spriting was the reason I joined FESS in the first place (I also specifically delayed signing up until I had the sprite done and in my signature).

Ninian is the reason that I can't stop saying "aww" every time I see her. She's so adorable!

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ninian → Fire Emblem community → ROM Hacking

Branch 1:

ROM hacking → software development → career

Branch 2:

ROM hacking → RAM Hacking → Kingdom Hearts RAM Hacking Community → Youtube Channel → FE subscriber base

Branch 3:

ROM hacking → waifu issues → stupidity → dream powers → more stupidity → friends that see past that

Branch 4:

Results:

Friends that see past stupidity + FE subscriber base (from Youtube channel) → meeting Belinda (IRL Waifu)

She was one of my subscribers. She knew of me because of the Rick Roll Pelleas video years before. Met me later with my group of friends.

Youtube channel + FE Subscriber base → Was a fallback income to let me move to Belinda while I looked for a job here.

IRL Waifu + Friends that see past stupidity + Youtube channel + career  → A lot of things I have to be grateful for

career + IRL Waifu → Possibly an IRL S support soon

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Be sure to both equip your best skills last for future offspring

On a more serious note, I'm happy for both you and @Ice Dragon that you've gotten so many happy/good things from this series. Chapeau! =) 

Apologies for those who can't be bothered with this info and just want to know more about the game, I'll leave it with this =P.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fucking hell, I think I've gone into the Training Tower fives times in a row with Ninian dying now. She's so frail and does rather poor damage, which is making her really hard to train.

Tell me about it. What I did was give her Triangle Adept and refresh for red-heavy maps, and she actually does reasonably well in combat now :D

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tell me about it. What I did was give her Triangle Adept and refresh for red-heavy maps, and she actually does reasonably well in combat now :D

Yeah, I saw your Ninian, and was wondering why she had Triangle Adept. Now I know.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, I saw your Ninian, and was wondering why she had Triangle Adept. Now I know.

Also prevents her from getting one-shot by any Falchion users in Arena if I happened to leave her out of position, so that's a bonus. 

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fucking hell, I think I've gone into the Training Tower fives times in a row with Ninian dying now. She's so frail and does rather poor damage, which is making her really hard to train.

If you were expecting her to be good at combat, I think you're confusing her with a young girl named Azura.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ninian → Fire Emblem community → ROM Hacking

Branch 1:

Branch 2:

ROM hacking → RAM Hacking → Kingdom Hearts RAM Hacking Community → Youtube Channel → FE subscriber base

Branch 3:

ROM hacking → waifu issues → stupidity → dream powers → more stupidity → friends that see past that

Branch 4:

Results:

Friends that see past stupidity + FE subscriber base (from Youtube channel) → meeting Belinda (IRL Waifu)

She was one of my subscribers. She knew of me because of the Rick Roll Pelleas video years before. Met me later with my group of friends.

Youtube channel + FE Subscriber base → Was a fallback income to let me move to Belinda while I looked for a job here.

IRL Waifu + Friends that see past stupidity + Youtube channel + career  → A lot of things I have to be grateful for

Are you and Ice Dragon related by any chance...? You two seem so awfully similar to each other, it's almost scary. It's also surprising how many dedicated Ninian fans are here... Back in the day, she seemed so unpopular and I was afraid of coming out as a fan of hers. (Technically though I see her as less of a waifu and more of a preferred pairing for Eliwood) On a side note, I was randomly browsing YouTube for Smash Bros reactions earlier, and I just happened to find your Lucina reaction video, and your channel in extension, by complete chance. It was kind of funny in its on way, because I instantly recognized your username there and the coincidence was kinda lulzy.

Also Ninian does have one solid niche over Azura. She can inherit Nowi or A!Tiki's weapon, allowing her to counter at any range. Her Atk isn't anything amazing, but a Dancer that can counter is kinda neat since she won't ever be completely helpless. Plus, for me at least, she rarely ever enters direct combat since Dance-ing Nowi will inevitably be the superior option, so her heightened bulk from Azura is actually quite preferable. I just need her to survive to keep buffing my dragons, so all in all I won't necessarily call her a worse Azura. It really depends on the team in question, although I will admit Azura will probably tend to be more useful outside dragon teams.

10 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Are you and Ice Dragon related by any chance...?

Nope. I just knew of his existence at FESS as some phantom from that FE community that disappeared off the face of the earth.

And then he appeared here when heroes released. I didn't even directly post to them until last week.

10 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Also Ninian does have one solid niche over Azura. She can inherit Nowi or A!Tiki's weapon, allowing her to counter at any range. Her Atk isn't anything amazing, but a Dancer that can counter is kinda neat since she won't ever be completely helpless. Plus, for me at least, she rarely ever enters direct combat since Dance-ing Nowi will inevitably be the superior option, so her heightened bulk from Azura is actually quite preferable. I just need her to survive to keep buffing my dragons, so all in all I won't necessarily call her a worse Azura. It really depends on the team in question, although I will admit Azura will probably tend to be more useful outside dragon teams.

They're pretty much the same with the right setup. As Ninian has dragon effectiveness on her as a detriment.

Aqua has the Sapphire Lance which has the built in Triangle Adept +/-20% which is in the A slot. Which means Aqua can inherit a distant counter from Hector.

Ninian can get the +/-20% from a 4 star Roy in her A slot while getting the distant counter from the dragon weapon.

Aqua has a +1 advantage in might if comparing Lightning Breath+ and Sapphire Lance+, in base stats, and lack of dragon effectiveness.

Strictly gameplay, Aqua has her beat.

Either can inherit skills.

And from my choice with Glacies (since both are water related, and has ties to Nimue/Ninianne, the lady of the lake), Aqua has 31 Res, Ninian 30 Res on +Res nature. So that is pretty much equal damage boost there.

Strictly asthetic-wise, Ninian beats her by:

Ninian has never been touched by self-insert avatar doujins.

Hime-cut hair.

Ruby red eyes.

Actually giving me a life.

Edited by shadowofchaos

48 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Nope. I just knew of his existence at FESS as some phantom from that FE community that disappeared off the face of the earth.

And then he appeared here when heroes released. I didn't even directly post to them until last week.

They're pretty much the same with the right setup. As Ninian has dragon effectiveness on her as a detriment.

Aqua has the Sapphire Lance which has the built in Triangle Adept +/-20% which is in the A slot. Which means Aqua can inherit a distant counter from Hector.

Ninian can get the +/-20% from a 4 star Roy in her A slot while getting the distant counter from the dragon weapon.

Aqua has a +1 advantage in might if comparing Lightning Breath+ and Sapphire Lance+, in base stats, and lack of dragon effectiveness.

Strictly gameplay, Aqua has her beat.

Either can inherit skills.

And from my choice with Glacies (since both are water related, and has ties to Nimue/Ninianne, the lady of the lake), Aqua has 31 Res, Ninian 30 Res on +Res nature. So that is pretty much equal damage boost there.

Strictly asthetic-wise, Ninian beats her by:

Ninian has never been touched by self-insert avatar doujins.

Hime-cut hair.

Ruby red eyes.

Actually giving me a life.

Eh, Distant Counter takes up an A-Passive slot. I think it's much more worthwhile to have a weapon with an in-built counter rather than using up what is arguably the most precious skill slot in the game. You can gain like 3-7 points in a particular stat, depending on what you throw into that skill slot, so I do think that advantage does give Ninian a lot of leverage over her later counterpart. In this case though, it mostly depends on how much you believe Triangle Adept is important for Ninian's build. I personally wouldn't use it on her, mostly because Nowi is a completely superior Blue Dragon unit, so if I ever want to attack or defend against the opponent with a Blue for whatever reason, I'd be much better off simply using Dance on Nowi. Plus, Ninian's primary purpose (for me) is to stay in position to keep buffing and dancing up Y!Tiki and Nowi, so she will rarely ever see combat unless it really cannot be helped for some reason. As such I feel like the freedom in being able to choose some A-Skill other than Triangle Adept while still being able to all-range counter is indeed a niche over Azura. 

In addition, they actually have really similar stats besides HP and ATK. Ninian has 1 less RES but 2 more DEF, and they both have the exact same SPD. The only real difference is Azura's +7 ATK over Ninian, and Ninian's +6 HP over Azura. Indeed, if you're using Azura for attacking, she is Ninian's utter superior in gameplay. But for teams that are focusing on Ninian's Dragon-Buffing and Dancing, that are unlikely to use her for combat, I do feel the increased bulk actually makes her way more useful than Azura, even assuming Azura could learn Fortify Dragons.

Finally, it's true being a dragon is a huge detriment. Buuut, it also does make her a qualified candidate for her own buff. If you manage to have the heart to scrap a spare copy of her so that Y!Tiki or Nowi can inherit Fortify Dragons, you can have Ninian take full advantage of the +6 DEF/RES, which would put her stat total way above Azura's during combat. This bulk, and maybe something like Defiant Atk 3, combined with an +ATK nature (It grants 4 ATK instead of 3) could make her do respectable damage while maintaining the all-range counter effect and holding great defenses. 

I will admit that there is some bias coming from me here, that's probably causing me to look way harder into the situation than most would. And I will admit Azura is her superior in many compositions, but I do firmly believe that Ninian can be completely better than her in certain team compositions and playstyles. I believe it's mostly just a matter of finding the right team for her that can use her strengths to their absolute maximum. There's no doubt Azura is going to be more useful in a larger number of teams, but I do feel there are some teams that would be way better off with Ninian rather than Azura.

And I'm glad we're on total agreement in the aesthetics department.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

As I said, I'm not a "for efficency" player.

Ninian isn't meant for combat... but at the same time, I'd want her to be able to survive a type of positioning that would put her in front of a red whenever she can teleport to allies with less than 50% hp.

Not to mention she's a blue unit already. Unless I'm running a dragon team, I don't really care to use my 4 star Nowi/Nono on the same team.

Edited by shadowofchaos