Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, unique said:

while I have no strong feelings about this despite not being a fan of either game I think it's kind of a fact

like, in the initial trailer for heroes, it showed the fates siblings, chrom and lucina, and marth

and in the initial lineup for heroes, there were 29 fates characters, more than any other game (fe1 had 21, fe3 had 1, fe6 had 12, fe7 had 9, and fe13 had 18)

like i'm not saying they're necessarily doing anything wrong but there's clearly a bigger focus on those games as well as FE1 than pretty much any of the others

But that's basically because the most recent entries are the ones people will recognize faster than showcasing a unit few people or just long time fans know of. Fe1 is the basis of FE and will always need to be shown: Marth, the heroes with their respective regalia, the shadow dragon, the dark pontifex will always be the mark of FE. Awakening and Fates are the new face of FE and had also to be in, plus Elibe was the first FE in America, so the initial roster is, apart from logical, the best, imo.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

PoR Ike and RD Ike are not exactly the same.  Ike is a naive kid learning the ways of the world in PoR and a battle-hardened wandering warrior in RD.  Additionally, the poll treated PoR Ike and RD Ike as two separate characters, so there's no reason to believe we won't get both plus the special outfit.  I'm totally fine with three versions of Ike, as long as they are spread out among a reasonable timeframe.  I really prefer RD Ike, but I'll be using my 300+ orbs on whichever Ike they finally release first.

28 minutes ago, unique said:

like, in the initial trailer for heroes, it showed the fates siblings, chrom and lucina, and marth

I assume they were just simply reusing assets from the awakening and fates animations. Why would they take the time and effort to make someone like Ephraim when they are probably not going to use it again?

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

But that's basically because the most recent entries are the ones people will recognize faster than showcasing a unit few people or just long time fans know of. Fe1 is the basis of FE and will always need to be shown: Marth, the heroes with their respective regalia, the shadow dragon, the dark pontifex will always be the mark of FE. Awakening and Fates are the new face of FE and had also to be in, plus Elibe was the first FE in America, so the initial roster is, apart from logical, the best, imo.

i mean like I said I don't have a problem with it, and I agree that it's probably the best move in this situation

i'm just saying it's not entirely unreasonable for people to not be satisfied with how much emphasis there is on those games as opposed to most of the other ones

15 minutes ago, Eselred said:

PoR Ike and RD Ike are not exactly the same.  Ike is a naive kid learning the ways of the world in PoR and a battle-hardened wandering warrior in RD.  Additionally, the poll treated PoR Ike and RD Ike as two separate characters, so there's no reason to believe we won't get both plus the special outfit.  I'm totally fine with three versions of Ike, as long as they are spread out among a reasonable timeframe.  I really prefer RD Ike, but I'll be using my 300+ orbs on whichever Ike they finally release first.

Yeah, I would agree with that. RD Ike is still a bit gullible/naive (because Aimee almost tricked him lol and would have if Soren hadn't intervened. XD) and still doesn't quite know when to keep his mouth shut on occasion (when he tells Rafiel he should be more like Reyson and this annoys Nailah lol), but he's definitely much more mature and hardened and more of a leader than he was in PoR. His development not only happened in PoR, but here was definitely some more off-screen as well.

Those little flaws of Ike's are still things that make me love him though. <3 He's just adorable when he messes up for some reason!

I like RD Ike more too. Muscles, Vanguard armor, and badassery. <3 (not that PoR Ike isn't badass, he's just more badass in RD. :P)

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, unique said:

so I got Reinhardt today during my unsuccessful attempts to get Ninian and I noticed that in french, his title is something along the lines of "Ishtar's right hand" which is pretty different from his English one, "Thunder's Fist"

In Japanese, his title is "Right Hand of the Thunder God", where "Thunder God" obviously refers to Ishtar's Thorhammer tome, localized "Mjollnir" in English, and essentially can be interpreted as "Right Hand of Thor", "Right Hand of Tordo", or "Right Hand of Ishtar", whichever one you think sounds most badass.

WhileI think it's safe to say there is an emphasis, there is context to consider that affects looking at it by pure numbers. For example fates has the royal siblings that they showcased (and by extension they have retainers) and can be considered two games. Fates also introduced new classes/roles that I think they like to represent even if there isn't classes in game. (Outlaws having high res, ect) 

It makes perfect sense for them to emphasize the original and most recent games. And really, with the remakes of the Archanea games, the original games are also in a sense some of the more recent ones.

11 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

Just wait, CYL Ike is going to be the first melee staff unit, Bashing in peoples faces like in RD. Crap default healing, but has a 1 cooldown special that negates usual Healer damage penalty.

We will finally have a colorless melee unit!

lol, very funny. :P

So, I think I'm using my Marth more over Roy. Marth is one level higher at the moment, but he seems to have better almost everything, even with -spd. His attack is much higher, his def is much higher, his HP is higher, and their speed is the same. Roy only has higher res, and not by much. I'm definitely thinking Marth will be better overall at lv. 40. I also would like to upgrade him to 5 star someday to take advantage of that self-healing from Falchion.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, goodperson707 said:

Well if you think about it cleric could actually be argued as a hypothetical reclass option for Ike, family connections and all that. 

Except Cleric has always been female-only... Ike would get Priest if his reclass options included those from his family.

Reclassing dosen't even exist in his game, (and mist is the only Cleric in the game besides) and the priest class is not the same thing as cleric so I ignored that minor thing  (anyway would you want Ike to pass up on sword usage?) Plus why would I pass up on spreading the Ike as Cleric/Valkyrie mental image, Priest is not nearly as fun even with Laura being a thing. ( Oliver's charecter model has potential though)

Edited by goodperson707

Never played Blazing blade but Karel makes me want to try it. He's just way too zexy. I wish they made a smash bros game that only had fire emblem characters in it just so that I could use him. I got my baby gurls, but Karel has to be my first baby boi <3

Jafar is kind of meh, in terms of personality. To me he's just a little too unhappy. I like his turn action speech. His weapon/skills are absolutely filthy.

But Karel.

He's just too zexy. Not smexy, not shexy, not even xexy, he's zexy.

Thing is, Karel is a late game character in FE7. You'll have to play through a lot of the game before he shows up. It's not really worth it, imo. The story's not that great and neither are most of the characters.

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Never played Blazing blade but Karel makes me want to try it. He's just way too zexy. I wish they made a smash bros game that only had fire emblem characters in it just so that I could use him. I got my baby gurls, but Karel has to be my first baby boi <3

Jafar is kind of meh, in terms of personality. To me he's just a little too unhappy. I like his turn action speech. His weapon/skills are absolutely filthy.

But Karel.

He's just too zexy. Not smexy, not shexy, not even xexy, he's zexy.

The story is so-so, but the characters are awesome. Karel's pretty minor though, and you only get him on one branch of a split path with complicated prereq (I forget if it's the one where you have to use more magical units than physical units or the ones where you have to kill a specific set of enemies at some point in a specific order). Blah, branched path.

Karel's actually also in FE6. I think his personality in Heroes is based more onto his FE6 self. wait no, probably not. FE6 is the one that happens after.

Edited by salinea

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

Karel's actually also in FE6. I think his personality in Heroes is based more onto his FE6 self. wait no, probably not. FE6 is the one that happens after.

Yeah he's definitely based on his FE7 appearance, what with not being old and wrinkly and being super bloodthirsty.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Karel is absent until even LATER in FE6, actually. And he can only level up once. I think he's a final chapter character, in fact.

Just before the final chapter, technically. He can only level up once but he's got the most ridiculous growths you've ever seen.

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Yeah he's definitely based on his FE7 appearance, what with not being old and wrinkly and being super bloodthirsty.

Just before the final chapter, technically. He can only level up once but he's got the most ridiculous growths you've ever seen.

Oh yeah, I do remember that too. The ridiculous growths thing. But that's likely BECAUSE he can only level up once. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Karel can appear on either branch: depending on how you progress in his map, either he or Harken appears. It's Wallace/Geitz that depend on the map, with the earlier split.

Karel is the sort of character you need to play both games to get a full picture of.  His FE7 self was designed specifically to contrast his older and wiser self from FE6, so yeah.

Fun fact: Karel was one of very few characters conceived for Maiden of Darkness who made it into FE6.

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Karel is the sort of character you need to play both games to get a full picture of.  His FE7 self was designed specifically to contrast his older and wiser self from FE6, so yeah.

Fun fact: Karel was one of very few characters conceived for Maiden of Darkness who made it into FE6.

I never knew that about Karel. I just saw his FE7 self as a kid and thought he was awesome (it didn't hurt that he was the first swordmaster I got to use, and the crit animation left a great impression on me back then), and then saw his FE6 self (and supports) as an adult and wasn't sure how he got from point A to point B until I found his FE7 supports online and read them (of course I'd never seen any of Karel's supports before then, so I wouldn't have been able to figure it out).

Also, what's Maiden of Darkness?

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't care which branch goes where

I don't care how old he is

I don't care if I'm only gonna use him once

I'm doing it, just to say I did it. 

Do it. He won't let you down, though he may get outperformed by Guy... though you could just use both of 'em (which I would recommend, from what I recall GBA Swordmasters were usually pretty good... also, use Canas, because Luna is amazing and he's the only person who can use it for most of the game so you should raise him up for that alone). Even if he does somehow let you down, you can just take his Wo Dao (pretty sure he comes with one in 7) and give it to Guy or Lyn (I think Lyn can use the Wo Dao, dunno for sure).

Edited by ILikeKirbys