Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Shem said:

Thanks! I pulled a 5star Karel +Atk/-Spd and Young Tiki -ATK/+Def. 

I don't plan on spending orbs so should I not bother with these 2? 

I don't know, I don't have any experience with those two. But I do think it's safe to say that you don't want -atk on anyone, so that Tiki might not be all that great.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you don't have many 5* to choose from, since you won't be buying orbs, I would raise them anyway. They're pretty good units in general even if their stat variances are less than desirable.

EDIT: Are you rerolling your account? If you want to keep trying for good units to start with I would do another roll.

No, I have a 5 star CorrinM with +Atk/-Res and a 5 star Olwen -Def/+Res.  

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know, I don't have any experience with those two. But I do think it's safe to say that you don't want -atk on anyone, so that Tiki might not be all that great.

Yeah I figured. I'm desperate to do another pull(24 orbs) but I'm not sure if I should wait until a new update. I don't have enough good units to make a team that will beat tower/Hard. 

Very tempted to pull one last time since my focus rate is 5.50%. But I also want to save cause I feel like the next focus is gonna be good. Any ideas?

Also finally managed to beat all the Lunatic quests. Except 9-5. Never 9-5.

@Shem Keep both and use them, doesn't matter if they have negative natures like -Atk on Tiki. She's a tank with that +Def and innate Armored Blow so you can use her as a 'healing' tank. Focus on giving support or defensive skills to her, like Renewal or take the risk and give her a breaker skill.

It's a shame you have -spd on Karel but you can always keep a hone or spur spd unit to buff him up.

Train those 3 and 4☆ you know can fill a niche/role in your party as you never know when you'll find use on them. Like, I have Lyn, Alfonse and Ogma at 5☆ but I still keep Roy, Chrom, Lon'qu and Hinata for something (or maybe favoritism).

22 minutes ago, Shem said:

Yeah I figured. I'm desperate to do another pull(24 orbs) but I'm not sure if I should wait until a new update. I don't have enough good units to make a team that will beat tower/Hard. 

1. Don't double post.  Use the little plus sign next to the Quote button instead.
2. If you're F2P, you use everything.  And I mean EVERYTHING.  Both of those natures can be worked around, so the question you should be asking yourself is "how do I make this work".

22 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Very tempted to pull one last time since my focus rate is 5.50%. But I also want to save cause I feel like the next focus is gonna be good. Any ideas?

How many orbs do you have?

29 minutes ago, Shem said:

Hold your horses!

Karel at -spd has 32 but his attack at +atk gets him 46. When he's put into defiance he gets up to 53 which is just filthy. I think you should still give him a little taste

Tiki with -Atk isn't too bad especially if she's +def. Tiki is already as tough as nails but giving her that +def makes her thicker than Sequoia Tree

Edited by Arcanite

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How many orbs do you have?

8. Should be able to have 20 before the banner ends (Thursday I believe?).

Sunday (Total=12)
Monday (Total=15)
Tuesday (Total=18)
Wednesday (Total=21)

I doubt I'm gonna go for a full summon session. I don't plan on summoning any green units.

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

8. Should be able to have 20 before the banner ends (Thursday I believe?).

Sunday (Total=12)
Monday (Total=15)
Tuesday (Total=18)
Wednesday (Total=21)

I doubt I'm gonna go for a full summon session. I don't plan on summoning any green units.

I'd have enough for a full summon anyway.  You might end up with my luck, and have 2 red, 1 blue, and 2 colorless.

So, I have a problem.

I burned my last Light's Blessing doing Lunatic 9-5... and then lost anyway because I couldn't get Narcian to safety afterward. So now I have no Light's Blessings, and I still need to do 9-5 with an axe user.

So, I'm thinking about training Narcian the rest of the way up so he isn't as much of a liability (the non-Xander swordy seems to have Escape Route or Wings of Mercy or something, since he teleported to kill Narcian the second time on my last attempt), and switching out Julia or Ninian for M!Robin (Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker should help him deal with Xander, and he can help with the other swordy too, just need to keep him far, far away from Veronica and probably the Blue Mage since he's -RES) and Roy for Lyn (+SPD/-RES Lyn should be able to double and one-round Veronica, right?). Would this work?

18 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, I have a problem.

I burned my last Light's Blessing doing Lunatic 9-5... and then lost anyway because I couldn't get Narcian to safety afterward. So now I have no Light's Blessings, and I still need to do 9-5 with an axe user.

So, I'm thinking about training Narcian the rest of the way up so he isn't as much of a liability (the non-Xander swordy seems to have Escape Route or Wings of Mercy or something, since he teleported to kill Narcian the second time on my last attempt), and switching out Julia or Ninian for M!Robin (Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker should help him deal with Xander, and he can help with the other swordy too, just need to keep him far, far away from Veronica and probably the Blue Mage since he's -RES) and Roy for Lyn (+SPD/-RES Lyn should be able to double and one-round Veronica, right?). Would this work?

Screw Ninian and bring Olivia, she has lower resistance than Lyn but can take a hit. Really it doesn't matter since Ninian or Olivia might not get hit anyway since they're dancers and they probably won't get hit anyway, but just in case Veronica wants a bite of your dancers, bring Olivia to be safe. Also, F corrin works a little better than M Robin because she has the ultimate debufferoo breath + Seal resistance and hone attack. The issue is killing Veronica before Veronica has a chance to kill Corrin, which +SPD Lyn has no problem slicing her up sashimi style.

Edited by Arcanite

26 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, I have a problem.

The sword fighter has Wings of Mercy 3 and Ardent Sacrifice. He will teleport anywhere to heal any injured ally. Just block him with a strong blue unit, and I think the best blues to take the reds are Manaketes or mages as Xander has above 40 def + quick riposte and the other red has balanced stats. Veronica needs to be rekt asap, she has decent bulk and her tome has panic area effect, so watch out if you get hit by her, since Corrin's hone atk will end up lowering yours if she hits your units.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Screw Ninian and bring Olivia, she has lower resistance than Lyn but can take a hit. Really it doesn't matter since Ninian or Olivia might not get hit anyway since they're dancers and they probably won't get hit anyway, but just in case Veronica wants a Also, F corrin works a little better than M Robin because she has the ultimate debufferoo breath + Seal resistance and hone attack. The issue is killing Veronica before Veronica has a chance to kill Corrin, which +SPD Lyn has no problem slicing her up sashimi style.

+SPD/-RES Lyn can't one-round Veronica (survives with 13 HP) unless Astra triggers, which it won't because Lyn can't see combat before then because everything else would murder her. Roy can, with a Speed buff or a Dancer, but then he dies to the blue mage and red swordy (Lyn just dies to the blue mage, though she could maybe survive the swordy).

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

The sword fighter has Wings of Mercy 3 and Ardent Sacrifice. He will teleport anywhere to heal any injured ally. Just block him with a strong blue unit, and I think the best blues to take the reds are Manaketes or mages as Xander has above 40 def + quick riposte and the other red has balanced stats. Veronica needs to be rekt asap, she has decent bulk and her tome has panic area effect, so watch out if you get hit by her, since Corrin's hone atk will end up lowering yours if she hits your units.

Swordy never teleports to heal. He teleports to kill whoever didn't quite kill a mage (one time it was Roy failing to kill Veronica, the other it was Narcian failing to kill the blue mage). I don't think I've ever seen him heal anyone, that's mainly the troubadour's job (well, that and killing Ninian).
And like I said above, I don't really have any way to deal with Veronica (unless maybe 4-Star Tharja would work? Veronica's RES is slightly lower than her DEF, and Tharja could be buffed up by units that I have, so maybe she could work?). Her Panic effect is probably the least annoying thing about this map, really.

So, I need either F!Corrin or Nowi (I've trained Nowi up more, and she has Lightning Breath and Threaten RES so she could maybe fight the troubadour after Xander, but I'm not sure she'd survive that; F!Corrin is in the same boat, but has debuff-breath instead of Distant Counter breath, and Seal RES, which could be useful if I wanted her to kill things that aren't Xander: and of course, neither of them can ), and probably Ninian (because I'm pretty sure I need a dancer, and Ninian's the one I trained up), and a high-RES swordy who can one-round Veronica and then not die when the blue mage and swordy go after them on the next turn. And I need an axe user for the requirement, of which I have 0 usable ones (even at level 40 Narcian will most likely die to the swordy, and probably can't do enough damage to one-round the blue mage, leading to death by teleporting sword asshole, and everyone else is even lower level and also most likely will die to the swordy).

Sigh. Maybe I should just focus on the 10th Stratum flyer quest for now. I have Narcian trained up, and a 5-Star Catria who I maxed out a while back. After that, I could bring Michalis for archers, and train up my 3-Star Palla (and promote her, of course) for a Ruby Sword and Goad Flyers, so maybe I could make it work?

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

BlueStacks has been lagging constantly lately and it's making the game impossible to enjoy. I tried downloading Nox to see if it'd be any better, but it won't even let me download Heroes. Does anyone know the best way to get around that issue, and if it'd even help the lag issue at all?

I'm giving it another try on my actual phone as well, but based on the track record, that'll almost certainly be even worse.

Edit: Yep, phone still won't even get to the main menu.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Swordy never teleports to heal. He teleports to kill whoever didn't quite kill a mage (one time it was Roy failing to kill Veronica, the other it was Narcian failing to kill the blue mage). I don't think I've ever seen him heal anyone, that's mainly the troubadour's job (well, that and killing Ninian).
And like I said above, I don't really have any way to deal with Veronica (unless maybe 4-Star Tharja would work? Veronica's RES is slightly lower than her DEF, and Tharja could be buffed up by units that I have, so maybe she could work?). Her Panic effect is probably the least annoying thing about this map, really.

He teleported to me because Nowi countered Xander, I think the troubadour also healed him. Nowi dealt with them while Klein went for Veronica. The difference was that xander, the troubadour and the sword fighter went left, veronica middle and blue mage right.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

BlueStacks has been lagging constantly lately and it's making the game impossible to enjoy. I tried downloading Nox to see if it'd be any better, but it won't even let me download Heroes. Does anyone know the best way to get around that issue, and if it'd even help the lag issue at all?

I'm giving it another try on my actual phone as well, but based on the track record, that'll almost certainly be even worse.

Can you download some other random game, and see if BlueStacks lags?

18 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

He teleported to me because Nowi countered Xander, I think the troubadour also healed him. Nowi dealt with them while Klein went for Veronica. The difference was that xander, the troubadour and the sword fighter went left, veronica middle and blue mage right.

How did you get the swordy to go left? He always followed the blue mage on my runs.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

How did you get the swordy to go left? He always followed the blue mage on my runs.

Exactly because he wings of mercy to xander and used ardent sacrifice. He was behind veronica on the middle and then warped left, after xander almost suicides on hone atk'd nowi.

22 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Exactly because he wings of mercy to xander and used ardent sacrifice. He was behind veronica on the middle and then warped left, after xander almost suicides on hone atk'd nowi.

Wait, so swordy didn't move left with Xander and the troubadour at the start of the map? Because I always had Ninian (I don't have many good blues) one-round Xander (she doubles him), and swordy always went to the right with the blue mage.

For now, I'm just gonna try to train up Nowi (+SPD/-ATK, and wow, this game really likes giving me -ATK) so she can help me with this chapter. Are there any good skills I should have her inherit? And can she deal with the Gravity troubadour in addition to Xander and the swordy, or will I need someone else to deal with that? Also, how do I make -ATK/+RES Roy able to one-round Veronica? Lyn can't, she won't be able to survive the blue mage afterward, unlike Roy.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

6 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Wait, so swordy didn't move left with Xander and the troubadour at the start of the map? Because I always had Ninian (I don't have many good blues) one-round Xander (she doubles him), and swordy always went to the right with the blue mage.

For now, I'm just gonna try to train up Nowi (+SPD/-ATK, and wow, this game really likes giving me -ATK) so she can help me with this chapter. Are there any good skills I should have her inherit? And can she deal with the Gravity troubadour in addition to Xander and the swordy, or will I need someone else to deal with that? Also, how do I make -ATK/+RES Roy able to one-round Veronica? Lyn can't, she won't be able to survive the blue mage afterward, unlike Roy.

No, I brought Sheena, Klein, Nowi and Priscilla. Sheena stood in a corner, Klein went middle, Nowi bordering xander's range (not in his range) and Priscy wandering there. I think I engaged Xander and then rehabilitated nowi. My nowi is +atk and has ignis and defiant atk but I'm certain they weren't clutch for the clear. I do recall perfectly that swordy flew and used ardent sacrifice, leaving veronica alone and blue mage in the right most corridor. I don't recall the strat exactly because I did it almost blindly but the postitioning was that.

Maybe have a hone spd or rally spd unit make roy double vero and make him retreat afterwards.

43 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

No, I brought Sheena, Klein, Nowi and Priscilla. Sheena stood in a corner, Klein went middle, Nowi bordering xander's range (not in his range) and Priscy wandering there. I think I engaged Xander and then rehabilitated nowi. My nowi is +atk and has ignis and defiant atk but I'm certain they weren't clutch for the clear. I do recall perfectly that swordy flew and used ardent sacrifice, leaving veronica alone and blue mage in the right most corridor. I don't recall the strat exactly because I did it almost blindly but the postitioning was that.

Maybe have a hone spd or rally spd unit make roy double vero and make him retreat afterwards.

I tried that with Rally Speed on Julia, but then I had no way to get Roy to retreat afterward. Maybe I should go with my +DEF/-RES M!Robin, since he has Triangle Adept 2 and Swordbreaker and can therefore probably beat Xander, the swordy and the troubadour, as well as Nowi, Roy and Narcian, who will be carrying Hone SPD 2 so Roy can double and one-round Veronica... unless you think I need a dancer, in which case I can probably switch M!Robin out for Ninian. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow or Monday, when I actually attempt this again.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

6 hours ago, Falcom said:

If you want one of the colorless 5*s then go for it, otherwise it's a toss up. I also feel like the next focus will be good, but that's a really high rate to walk away from :/

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Have you tried using the apk to install it? It works fine on nox for me. If you use accprimes method in the 803... error topic, top of page 4, then you won't even have to worry about the game kicking you out.

I could post the downloads but I'm not sure if that's allowed on this forum.

I'm not sure if this was talked about here before, 200 pages is a lot to read lol, but do you guys thing they will add Laguz when they add more PoR/RD characters? If so how do you think they will work and what about colors?

I think it should go like this:

Cats - Red

Tigers/Lions - Blue

Wolfs - Green

Hawks - Red

Crows - Green

Herons - This one is hard, like I want to say colorless dancers? But that's not a thing...sooo. I have no idea.

Dragons - I know we already have dragons, so I guess they could keep going like they are with them. Red dragons are Red, White dragons are blue and so on.

I think this would be pretty cool. Though I'm not sure how likely, but they are a big part of the actual game, so I'm not sure if they can be left out for long.