• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

If my eyes and Japanese skills do not deceive me... this looks like we're finally getting a preparations screen.

EDIT: Quick skim of the posts following it I believe says 1-4-star characters are getting an exp. boost and stamina maximum is being raised to 99.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If my eyes and Japanese skills do not deceive me... this looks like we're finally getting a preparations screen.

EDIT: Quick skim of the posts following it I believe says 1-4-star characters are getting an exp. boost and stamina maximum is being raised to 99.

99 MAXIMUM STAMINA!? DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Also that Exp Boost is wonderful. With the new Inheritance mechanic, I've been making it a point to raise 3*s to 40 before ever promoting their rarity. And let me say, it is a huge hassle. Between their lackluster weapon making it hard to secure skills, and their lower stats making it hard to tank hits at the higher stratums, it also feels like they straight up gain less EXP or something. The last one might just be me hallucinating though, I have absolutely no proof of that. It just feels so much slower levelling them.

EDIT: Oh and thank god for the preparations screen. I've had enough deaths due to terrible initial starting positions.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

On closer reading (I hope I'm getting it right), it looks like non-5-star characters will now receive more exp. for killing enemies at a lower level than they are, and the lower the rarity, the greater the exp. boost.

I guess this means we don't have to constantly be making them fight higher level enemies that they have trouble killing in order to level them, which is really nice.

The third tweet says that the maximum stamina is being raised to 99, and stamina restores will now restore all 99 stamina.

Hopefully, I'm getting it right. Normally, I'd double check against a dictionary, but sleepy and excited.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I am really glad about the Stamina thing. This means I don't have to wake up every 4 hours to make maximum use of my stamina. (I've actually been trying, just to SP train my Y!Tiki to hell and back) Also, the lower rarity = more exp thing is wonderful. I wish they implemented that mechanic (And Skill Inheritance) sooner. If they did, I probably would have raised Anna/Sharena to Lvl 40 each time before promoting them. I guess I could still do it for Alfonse, who I kinda want to raise despite have a lot of higher-tier reds.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Okay, I think I have this right this time. The level difference between your unit and the opponent unit that is eligible for "normal" exp. gain is greater for lower rarity units. (Replacing only the crossed-out piece of my last post.)

EDIT: The preparations screen tweet says that there will be a new button on the footer menu that allows you to switch your unit placement around. The button can be pressed as many times as you want as long as none of your units have moved.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, I think I have this right this time. The level difference between your unit and the opponent unit that is eligible for "normal" exp. gain is greater for lower rarity units.

Is this the April update, still? Or just a sneak peak of May's. (Seems like it would make SP grinding way easy for characters who start below 5*, since you can run 1st stratum forever.)

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Is this the April update, still? Or just a sneak peak of May's. (Seems like it would make SP grinding way easy for characters who start below 5*, since you can run 1st stratum forever.)

Apparently it's April, yes. 

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Looks to be for the April update.

It looks like there will still be a minimum level enemy where anything less will give you 1 exp., but that minimum level has been lowered and the exp. gained has been increased for everything above that minimum level.

You know, this news is big enough that it might warrant its own thread. I'm sure many people would like to discuss about it specifically. But I'm not too familiar with the rules here; would news like this be allowed its own thread or would it have to stay here? Mostly asking because the mods seem quite vigilant here.

4 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

You know, this news is big enough that it might warrant its own thread. I'm sure many people would like to discuss about it specifically. But I'm not too familiar with the rules here; would news like this be allowed its own thread or would it have to stay here? Mostly asking because the mods seem quite vigilant here.

Once there's a cleaner translation of the tweet, then someone can make a new thread.  This is big news!

(so when's that update?)

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Once there's a cleaner translation of the tweet, then someone can make a new thread.  This is big news!

(so when's that update?)

It doesn't actually clearly say when the update will be. Feh just said he's received reports on more stuff being added.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

(so when's that update?)

Ah, thank you very much! I'll start preparing a thread ahead of time then, just so I'll be ready when one does pop up (It's fine if someone else beats me to it, though). Out of curiosity, is there somewhere I should expect this cleaner translation to appear? Or do I kind of have to keep looking around randomly until someone coughs it up somewhere?

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Actually, I'm dumb. I re-read the Tweets, and they say they were able to "cram in more features", so it's possible that this is an April update.

Also I just posted the thread.

Ah, thank you for that! I'll just comment in your thread in that case.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

"It's way past your bedtime, dear..."

"But mom it's only 11"

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170327-001659_zpsrgkgutpn.p

Those two really need some Paralogue where they interact. I feel like Ninian really got shafted dialogue-wise and role-wise in the Blazing Shadows map. Preferably, Eliwood joins in the conversation too.

7 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Those two really need some Paralogue where they interact. I feel like Ninian really got shafted dialogue-wise and role-wise in the Blazing Shadows map. Preferably, Eliwood joins in the conversation too.

Yeah, not sure why they're so light with the dialogue. Priscilla just says nothing in Lucius', Clarine didn't show up in Klein's, etc.

Though, I guess they're not gonna set out and offend the Eliwood x Lyn people? Who knows. I'm sure no one actually thinks Eliwood x Lyn is canon anymore.

Of course it isn't. Lyn ends up in a mini-harem with Kent and Rath xD

Man, I'm excited for the preparation screen, especially if they do more armour quests. I'm stuck at 10/15 with no more Light's Blessings and this would make that one unit dying just the tiniest bit less painful, since half my time at the moment is putting them in the right order to die -.-

Also, woot for more stamina. It's so sad to wake up and see 'stamina filled at 5am' (my phone notifications helpfully tell me the exact time) when it's now 9am (for example)... that's four hours of stamina lost :O

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Also, woot for more stamina. It's so sad to wake up and see 'stamina filled at 5am' (my phone notifications helpfully tell me the exact time) when it's now 9am (for example)... that's four hours of stamina lost :O

I knew I wasn't the only one

it takes about 4 hours for stamina to charge, so that means when we get 99 it will just be at full if we get 8 hours sleep!

Oh cool, these updates sound awesome! 99 stamina, a prep screen, more exp for 4 star and below characters? I'll take that!

Also, there are fans of every pairing we've seen in the series as well as fans of many pairings that got supports/interactions but not endings. There are definitely Eliwood x Lyn and Eliwood x Fiora fans. They may number few, but they're there. I've seen fanart for both. And a fanart was why I originally leaned towards Eliwood x Lyn myself before jumping to Hector x Lyn instead.

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whether or not it's something with stacking buffs, that doesn't address my first point, which is by far the more important one.

Straight decreasing Atk results in healers being completely ineffectual against opponents with high Res while making them too effective against opponents with low Res. Furthermore, balancing their damage output against Assault would result in the debuff staves being nothing more than debuffs whereas balancing their damage output against the debuff staves would cause Assault to deal more damage than is reasonable for a dedicated support unit.

To illustrate, I'm going to use the strongest staff-user offensively, Elise (32 Atk), with the weakest staff-user offensively, Azama (21 Atk), both equipped with Assault.

Under the current system,

• Elise deals 14 damage to Ogma (13 Res), Azama deals 9 damage. Ogma has the lowest Res in the game as a level-40 5-star character.
  • Elise deals 10 damage to Robin (22 Res), Azama deals 4 damage. Ignore weapon triangle on Blarraven for demonstration purposes. 22 Res is fairly typical for physical units, if maybe slightly high considering most physical units run -Res.
  • Elise deals 7 damage to Azura (28 Res), Azama deals 1 damage. 28 Res is considered tanky.
  • Elise deals 4 damage to Caeda (34 Res), Azama deals 0 damage. Felicia and Jagen are the only physical units with higher Res at 35 Res.

If we cut Atk by 5 and made staves deal full damage, you get

• Elise deals 24 damage to Ogma, Azama deals 13 damage.
  • Elise deals 15 damage to Robin, Azama deals 4 damage.
  • Elise deals 9 damage to Azura, Azama deals 0 damage.
  • Elise deals 3 damage to Caeda, Azama deals 0 damage.

Now clearly Elise is dealing far too much damage if the equal damage point is sitting above 30 Res and she's hitting over 20 damage per hit against the game's lower-Res units, so let's lower the damage further. Atk is now decreased by 10 from current, resulting in

• Elise deals 19 damage to Ogma, Azama deals 8 damage.
  • Elise deals 10 damage to Robin, Azama deals 0 damage.
  • Elise deals 4 damage to Azura, Azama deals 0 damage.
  • Elise deals 0 damage to Caeda, Azama deals 0 damage.

Now the numbers look rather fair for Elise where the equal damage point is 22 Res and this and the existing system differ by no more than 5 damage, but Azama is obviously struggling as his equal damage point is now below 13 Res and he deals zero damage to anything with more than 20 Res, which is more than half of the physical units in the game, not to mention almost all of the magic units, despite using the strongest weapon available to him, excluding secondary effects like Pain (because that is mutually exclusive with using a debuffing staff for actual support).

9 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Now I get @Ice Dragon's point (or I think so). The current dmg formula for healers [(atk+mt)-res]/2 helps them, overall, to have a more controlled combat (or have a more controlled dmg) than having the plain old dmg formula that might result in a volatile mass, where high atk healers would be super good while low atk healers would be terrible, or outright unviable offensively.

I don't see a problem with Healers dealing high damage to low Res units but getting walled by high Res units.  That's no different than Dancers basically, and they still have better utility than Healers without having any of their offense being reduced.

Right now, Healers fail in both their roles.  Having a below average combatant with mediocre healing unit type would not hurt by getting a buff.

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't have let go of that 5 star Eirika I pulled either then. I mean, I didn't actually send her home, I gave her Hone Spd skills to Palla, so it's not like she just got thrown away or anything, but...yeah. That was my only 5 star pull ever so far.

But I'm glad to learn the error of my ways here before I made more mistakes like this! Thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson, guys!

Good good. You're one step closer on becoming a great tactician.

I'm actually glad for you.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I don't see a problem with Healers dealing high damage to low Res units but getting walled by high Res units.  That's no different than Dancers basically, and they still have better utility than Healers without having any of their offense being reduced.

Right now, Healers fail in both their roles.  Having a below average combatant with mediocre healing unit type would not hurt by getting a buff.

The one issue, the onnnnnnnne issue I have with healers is that with their ## Balm ability, that they need a unit to be harmed in order to use it. They serve as debuffers in some cases (with Fear/Panic/Gravity), with super low defensive capabilities in most cases, but arguably, any buffs that they have are outclassed because of the need for a damaged party to use Balms on. I'd rather see Balm work on full HP party members and scrap the "all party members" element, just so that healers can serve more secondary roles, as in a Double-Rally type of unit. That'd make healers much more viable in the meta, especially with ##Blade skills that could capitalize on the synergy of a healer that can buff two stats through a Rally Balm combo + Hone/Fortify passive.