Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Why Henry? He's not a bonus unit this season.

Red mage to handle Camilla and michalis. I'm pretty sure Henry is Ana's only red tome user.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Red mage to handle Camilla and michalis. I'm pretty sure Henry is Ana's only red tome user.

Henry's Atk and Spd are too low to even counter those two as he gets doubled by both at neutral speed, and probably does pitiful damage even with WTA

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Henry's Atk and Spd are too low to even counter those two as he gets doubled by both at neutral speed, and probably does pitiful damage even with WTA

I mean, I know that. But I am not using Henry anyway. Ana is the one using him. I'm using Tharja as I mentioned before, who one rounds all Michalis at 4 stars with even with -spd (with darting blow of course).

I'm actually giving away my henry's Ignis to someone.

What Arcanite said, Henry is my only red tome person and Bunny Camilla has low res, right? Also, Henry gets a tome that trumps both reds and colorless.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I bet the April changes are coming at the end of this season AKA tomorrow or 2 days from now.

I wouldn't bet on it. Seems more likely to me for them to join the other April changes as part of the next big update coming along with the next Voting Gauntlet or when the main banner rotates out again in a couple of weeks.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wouldn't bet on it. Seems more likely to me for them to join the other April changes as part of the next big update coming along with the next Voting Gauntlet or when the main banner rotates out again in a couple of weeks.

Spoiler

I mean, do you want to bet on it?

Eh maybe, all I want to see is how dramatic the arena will change after the update. I'm so excited for it, I might burst.

I find it amusing that there is no Red Sword capable of one-shotting vanilla Sully even with 108 atk (assuming neutral 5*),

It might sounds like an obvious thing, but it's just something I noticed when building the ultimate Eliwood.

Fun point: I found a build that lets Eliwood ORK 113/118 neutral natured 5* units assuming he is buffed with Goad and Hone Cavalry.

It's quite cheap to build too hehe (though he needs +Atk nature).

Edited by pianime94

Hmm, there aren't really any units in the upcoming focus that I really want to blow 20k feathers on 5*ing, but I'm also not going to be able to rank well while dragging a 4* behind the rest of my team :/

Michalis is at 4* level 40, so he's probably the best candidate, but I've also been meaning to eventually 5* the Askr trio. Maybe this would be a good time to finally promote Alfonse? 

Anyways I'm mostly rambling to myself, sorry

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hmm, there aren't really any units in the upcoming focus that I really want to blow 20k feathers on 5*ing, but I'm also not going to be able to rank well while dragging a 4* behind the rest of my team :/

Michalis is at 4* level 40, so he's probably the best candidate, but I've also been meaning to eventually 5* the Askr trio. Maybe this would be a good time to finally promote Alfonse? 

No offense to alfonse supporters/fans, but to me, I'd jump off a cliff before I 5 star him. Yes he's a decent unit but there are better sword users out there.

Spoiler

Askr trio at 5 stars sounds pretty Shexy, not gonna lie.

Dammit! I ruined my streak on the 7th match because I attacked Hector in the wrong order. Whyyyyyyyyy. Ugh.

Welp, time to try again. I'm really starting to hate Hector now.......and Fir

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you have a 4* with a high bst and can win with your main 3 you could probably get away with it without promoting anyone to 5*.

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No offense to alfonse supporters/fans, but to me, I'd jump off a cliff before I 5 star him. Yes he's a decent unit but there are better sword users out there.

Hide contents

Askr trio at 5 stars sounds pretty Shexy, not gonna lie.

I just 5* Sharena.  If we're guaranteed at least one of the Askr (there needs to be another vowel in there, somewhere) unit per Arena season, I might 5* all three of them, just to be sure to have at least one Bonus unit per season.

16 minutes ago, immatx said:

Dammit! I ruined my streak on the 7th match because I attacked Hector in the wrong order. Whyyyyyyyyy. Ugh.

Welp, time to try again. I'm really starting to hate Hector now.......and Fir

If you have a 4* with a high bst and can win with your main 3 you could probably get away with it without promoting anyone to 5*.

It depends on your Arena goal though. I generally try to get into top 5k every week (top 1k if I can, depending on the BST of the bonus characters I have), and I'm not sure how possible that is with a 4*. I suppose I could always just suck it up and accept a lower ranking for two weeks, but that kind of bothers me...

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just 5* Sharena.  If we're guaranteed at least one of the Askr (there needs to be another vowel in there, somewhere) unit per Arena season, I might 5* all three of them, just to be sure to have at least one Bonus unit per season.

I think it's best not to jump to conclusions until we see if it rotates back to Anna after Sharena. They might start going into different free units instead, like Hero Battle units.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It depends on your Arena goal though. I generally try to get into top 5k every week (top 1k if I can, depending on the BST of the bonus characters I have), and I'm not sure how possible that is with a 4*. I suppose I could always just suck it up and accept a lower ranking for two weeks, but that kind of bothers me...

I generally just try to get a Deathless streak, depending on my team make-up that will sometimes get me in the top 5-10K, but if my Bonus unit has a low BST, I sometimes get a bit lower.  I'm using Jaffar right now, and he drops my BST quite a bit, sadly.

40 minutes ago, immatx said:

Heh that happened to me once. Don't worry though! Now you know not to screw up the next time!

In regards to all this BST talk, I was gonna save my next 20k feathers for Xander, but would it be better to dump it on Olivia and make her a 5* instead, since she's so often used in my team I might as well get her BST up?

It's tempting, anyway. I gave her ruby sword so she tanks axes but now she only has like, 146BST. 

On the other hand Xander has siegfried though and i like the idea of Nino behind the counterwall niichans

Edited by Thor Odinson

Grinding SP for Selena is so relaxing. She's so bulky that she takes 0 from blues half the time---pity the rest of the team isn't, or I'd be able to grind on auto-battle.

@Thor Odinson 5*ing Olivia is a pretty great idea if you don't have a Ninian or Azura already---a dancer that's actually capable of killing units is great. (That said, why'd you go the Ruby Sword route rather than the Silver+ & T-Adept route?) I'd still wait on it for a bit, though, see how the April update change arena scores. If 5*ing is still a big boost then, go for it, otherwise 4* is good enough. Weapons apparently won't count in score, then, so using Ruby Sword won't hurt you.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Grinding SP for Selena is so relaxing. She's so bulky that she takes 0 from blues half the time---pity the rest of the team isn't, or I'd be able to grind on auto-battle.

@Thor Odinson 5*ing Olivia is a pretty great idea if you don't have a Ninian or Azura already---a dancer that's actually capable of killing units is great. (That said, why'd you go the Ruby Sword route rather than the Silver+ & T-Adept route?) I'd still wait on it for a bit, though, see how the April update change arena scores. If 5*ing is still a big boost then, go for it, otherwise 4* is good enough. Weapons apparently won't count in score, then, so using Ruby Sword won't hurt you.

Because I ran out of TAdepts. Being a non-whale my options are limited to what I have. Ruby Sword is also immediately available on 3* units while TA3 is 4*, so that's 2k feathers I don't need to use.

Sucks that Selena is also a provider of Reposition, which I use very heavily.

Edited by Thor Odinson

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think it's best not to jump to conclusions until we see if it rotates back to Anna after Sharena. They might start going into different free units instead, like Hero Battle units.

Yeah, I've got all of them at least to 4*, or at least, I will soon.  I've got 3* Anna to level 38 currently.  I just got Sharena to 5*, but she is currently blocked by Abel as my main Blue.

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

In regards to all this BST talk, I was gonna save my next 20k feathers for Xander, but would it be better to dump it on Olivia and make her a 5* instead, since she's so often used in my team I might as well get her BST up?

It's tempting, anyway. I gave her ruby sword so she tanks axes but now she only has like, 146BST. 

On the other hand Xander has siegfried though and i like the idea of Nino behind the counterwall niichans

If you always use her, I'd bite the bullet and promote her to 5*.  Strangely, I've got a level 40+5 4* Olivia, since I seem to pull her so much, and she's not exactly a target for Skill fodder.

12 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

we're going to get Navarre then Zephiel then Xander. So as long as you're not a total moron and get a good score and save up your feathers, you'll get 20,000 in not time

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

we're going to get Navarre then Zephiel then Xander. So as long as you're not a total moron and get a good score and save up your feathers, you'll get 20,000 in not time

Xander just might be the first Grand Hero I 5*, he'll complete my Nohr Royal Family set.  Although I might get lucky and Pull Fabulous Xander before this Banner is over.  One thing I love about the GHB at least, is that I'm guaranteed to not get a bad Nature.  Both my regular and bunny Camillas have -Atk.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Xander just might be the first Grand Hero I 5*

Heh me too. He might be my first 5 star period, if I don't find a unit worth the trouble.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm just always worried he'll also compete with Ayra--which granted, even if she's the next focus, and the scenario of not pulling her as a focus 5*, and she ends up having a 4* version (hopefully), will also be a bit away. She's also one of my top priority as my favorite character in all of FE. I only have 10k right now, though, and assuming I don't promote anyone to 4* for inheritance for the next few weeks--which I can hold off on unless I roll Hinata3 in which case I want Fury3 for Ryoma--it's still at least 3 weeks until I get to 20k proper, given I can get a guaranteed 4k a week but the 500 from defense is iffy.

I suppose best case scenario is that she doesn't show up for a while and that'll let me save up the orbs. Hopefully the next few focuses just don't have anyone I like.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I've got all of them at least to 4*, or at least, I will soon.  I've got 3* Anna to level 38 currently.  I just got Sharena to 5*, but she is currently blocked by Abel as my main Blue.

If you always use her, I'd bite the bullet and promote her to 5*.  Strangely, I've got a level 40+5 4* Olivia, since I seem to pull her so much, and she's not exactly a target for Skill fodder.

Yeah it's def tempting, and I don't pull enough to make 4* 40+n Olivias---I did pull some 3*s, but I actually want to pass Hone Atk to people. Michalis is subbing in for Olivia next season since he's a flying reposition which works almost as well as her (and sometimes better, on bridge map and lava map) so I had him take Hone Atk 2 to really fill her role. Nino wants that buff.

Edited by Thor Odinson