Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Why would Lute use a dark/light tome that was dark in her game (meaning she couldn't use it)?

Like I said, I don't know why. XD
It was just a passing "what if" thought.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think I recall Julia straight up dying to a Nino once... JULIA, the impenetrable mage wall, got grounded to bits by Gronnblade. Talk about scary.

I once tried to make Seliph tank Nino thinking "Ha! Just try attacking my 50 HP Seliph! Be ready to get offed in the next turn!".

-Nino doubled for 26x2-

What....

Nino tried so hard.

Just now, pianime94 said:

I once tried to make Seliph tank Nino thinking "Ha! Just try attacking my 50 HP Seliph! Be ready to get offed in the next turn!".

-Nino doubled for 26x2-

What....

Nino tried so hard.

She only did her best, like any illiterate cinnamon roll would.

8 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

-Nino doubled for 26x2-

What....

Nino tried so hard.

Seliph got a fake Tyrfing. A real deal would have some Res on it.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Seliph got a fake Tyrfing. A real deal would have some Res on it.

I know right? They really kind of screwed him up stat and skill wise *mutter unhappily*

Oh well, at least Julia is great.

21 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

-Nino doubled for 26x2-

What....

Nino tried so hard.

I mean, she's a black fang. What did you expect? She was gonna stand there and look cute? NOPE

Deep down she is a ruthless killer. You think you see innocence in her eyes.

No.

That's not innocence, it is the look of a stone cold murderer. She'll take away your spouse and your children with one flip of a tome. Your Mother, Father, Aunty, Uncles, Cousins, and even your removed cousins!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mean, she's a black fang. What did you expect? She was gonna stand there and look cute? NOPE

Deep down she is a ruthless killer. You think you see innocence in her eyes.

No.

That's not innocence, it is the look of a stone cold murderer. She'll take away your spouse and your children with one flip of a tome. Your Mother, Father, Aunty, Uncles, Cousins, and even your removed cousins!

Jaffar's edginess must be rubbing off on her. O-o

You know what? I'm thinking I just suck at this game now. How else could I lose to an arena team with two reds and one colorless when I have three blues on mine, one of which is male Robin who beats both? This wasn't even an advanced battle either (though the lava map didn't really help...). I'm just no good and no matter what I do, I won't get better... I've tried looking more at stats and skills, it doesn't really make a difference, I still lose. I haven't used calculations yet, but now I'm thinking that won't make much of a difference either.

This game just isn't for me and I'm done trying to be good at something I'm not and just can't understand well. I should save myself the frustration and stop... I'm sorry, but...I just don't want to continue.

That said, my Frederick could tank even Ryoma, omg.

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Jaffar's edginess must be rubbing off on her. O-o

Every time I look at her smile on her character page I can't help but imagine that behind that adorable, cheerful visage is a broken mind and spirit, ravaged and abused into submission, always seeking validation but never attaining it.

Why is her story so tragic...

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know what? I'm thinking I just suck at this game now. How else could I lose to an arena team with two reds and one colorless when I have three blues on mine, one of which is male Robin who beats both? This wasn't even an advanced battle either (though the lava map didn't really help...). I'm just no good and no matter what I do, I won't get better... I've tried looking more at stats and skills, it doesn't really make a difference, I still lose. I haven't used calculations yet, but now I'm thinking that won't make much of a difference either.

I refuse to believe that you stink!

Just start using the calculations and I'm sure you'll be fine. You can't quit after you've come so far! Male Robin beats both but, he's not 5 star so you won't see his full potential! Don't let me down. :(

Spoiler

I like how the pink theme makes the links pink too

I kinda like it

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I refuse to believe that you stink!

Just start using the calculations and I'm sure you'll be fine. You can't quit after you've come so far! Male Robin beats both but, he's not 5 star so you won't see his full potential! Don't let me down. :(

Reveal hidden contents

I like how the pink theme makes the links pink too

I kinda like it

I never liked pink so I hate this layout... xP Why couldn't it have been a light blue instead? :( (and then a character that has a lot of blue rather than Sakura)

Anyway, I could try it, but I still don't think it'll make a big difference. If anything, I feel like it'll make me surrender more battles because I'll find that it won't be possible for my units to defeat all of the opponent's.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I never liked pink so I hate this layout... xP Why couldn't it have been a light blue instead? :( (and then a character that has a lot of blue rather than Sakura)

Anyway, I could try it, but I still don't think it'll make a big difference.

As long as you give it your best and most earnest effort, it will make a difference.

Spoiler

I sure hope they keep this as an optional theme cause it's actually pretty zexy to me

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

As long as you give it your best and most earnest effort, it will make a difference.

Reveal hidden contents

I sure hope they keep this as an optional theme cause it's actually pretty zexy to me

Yeah, A difference, I'm saying it won't be a big one. xP

That said, I'd like to pull somebody with Death Blow (because I'm not going to ditch my Hawkeye) and give that to Bunny Xander. His attack is a bit on the low side at 38 when I have Frederick whose attack is 47. And Freddy will get Def+3 because he'll have to tank the hits he takes from being doubled more often. I can't put both on one character, as they're both A skills, and so Xander will get Death Blow while Freddy gets Def+3.

I just need to pull another 4 star Stahl and another Hawkeye or something. xP

Best unit you can pull Death Blow from is Klein, since he comes as a 4* and his 4* has DB3 unlocked. So go for the clears.

And yeah, +Def Fred can live unboosted neutral Ryoma by 1hp and -atk Ryoma by 9hp. He can't tank Ryo the second the man gets any sort of atk boost (or is +atk), however. With an additional 3 defense he can survive unboosted +atk Ryoma by 1 hp thanks to rounding down, and generally the arena isn't great at using buffs unless it's a dedicated buff team or something so you probably don't have to worry about hone atk. 

don't mind me i just like doing math

When you're not using calculations, you can't know how battles will go; you just have to guess. I've played a lot and gotten quite good at guessing, and I still do way better when I slow down to calculate exactly how battles will go. It's not just some minor tech; it's an enormous difference in the player's ability to determine the best moves to make.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, I could try it, but I still don't think it'll make a big difference. If anything, I feel like it'll make me surrender more battles because I'll find that it won't be possible for my units to defeat all of the opponent's.

A character that has a lot of blue is certainly easy to find. But me? I'm waiting for an all purple "Jagen Forest".

26 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Best unit you can pull Death Blow from is Klein, since he comes as a 4* and his 4* has DB3 unlocked. So go for the clears.

And yeah, +Def Fred can live unboosted neutral Ryoma by 1hp and -atk Ryoma by 9hp. He can't tank Ryo the second the man gets any sort of atk boost (or is +atk), however. With an additional 3 defense he can survive unboosted +atk Ryoma by 1 hp thanks to rounding down, and generally the arena isn't great at using buffs unless it's a dedicated buff team or something so you probably don't have to worry about hone atk. 

don't mind me i just like doing math

Er, My Freddy lived with more HP than that. And since Ryoma is 5 star only, he was a 5 star. My Freddy is 5 star too, though. Maybe it was a -atk Ryoma, but I'm pretty sure Freddy lived with 11 or 12 HP. And I don't think he got a def boost from an ally either. ...Well, actually, he might've. If he was next to male Robin before I had him attack, then he did because Spur Def. But I'm not sure if he was, so...

Ugh, I have horrible luck with colorless... I can't seem to pull anyone except healers, Matthew, Virion, or Niles from them.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, I have horrible luck with colorless... I can't seem to pull anyone except healers, Matthew, Virion, or Niles from them.

Pulling colorless in general is just bad. The odds of getting a decent archer or debuffer out of focus are minuscule, and the pool is cluttered with healers who all do pretty much the same thing. You've got a 5-star green and blue already, right? Then you should wait until this banner goes out of rotation, since the focuses are all green/blue and the odds of pulling a good red are the lowest they've ever been, shockingly enough.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Pulling colorless in general is just bad. The odds of getting a decent archer or debuffer out of focus are minuscule, and the pool is cluttered with healers who all do pretty much the same thing. You've got a 5-star green and blue already, right? Then you should wait until this banner goes out of rotation, since the focuses are all green/blue and the odds of pulling a good red are the lowest they've ever been, shockingly enough.

Yeah, but in addition to the healers, I've pulled three Nileses, two Virions, and FOUR Matthews. That's more than just generally bad, that's stupid. xP But yeah, 5 star Freddy for green, and Bunny Xander for blue.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be pulling from this banner again, even though I wouldn't mind having Bunny Chrom. But not all the upcoming focuses will lack red. The Pegasus one will have a red: Palla. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Er, My Freddy lived with more HP than that. And since Ryoma is 5 star only, he was a 5 star. My Freddy is 5 star too, though. Maybe it was a -atk Ryoma, but I'm pretty sure Freddy lived with 11 or 12 HP. And I don't think he got a def boost from an ally either. ...Well, actually, he might've. If he was next to male Robin before I had him attack, then he did because Spur Def. But I'm not sure if he was, so...

I'm running the calculations from 5* data, so he probably was fighting a -atk Ryoma while boosted with Spur Def. Unless someone on your team has threaten Atk or some other kind of Atk debuff, it's not possible to survive Ryoma with 10 or more HP unbuffed even with +def on Fred. It's probably spur def.

I ran it with 43hp/39def vs 47(56)/50(60)/53(63) atk numbers. 43 - (56-39)*2 = 9. 43 - (60-39)*2 = 1. 43 - (63-39)*2 = -5.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't think I'll be pulling from this banner again, even though I wouldn't mind having Bunny Chrom. But not all the upcoming focuses will lack red. The Pegasus one will have a red: Palla. :P

There will also be Caeda and Sophia in the Navarre banner, as well as the man himself in his own grand hero battle.

There will also be Caeda and Sophia in the Navarre banner, as well as the man himself in his own grand hero battle.

You'll be able to win a 5 star Navarre? Seriously? I'd love that!

Just now, Anacybele said:

You'll be able to win a 5 star Navarre? Seriously? I'd love that!

I'm afraid no. He'll most probably be 4⋆, just like Ursula and Michalis before him.

I'm afraid no. He'll most probably be 4⋆, just like Ursula and Michalis before him.

Oh, bummer... I meant just 5 star reds though.