Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Don't worry, I'm sure Ryoma will be on the special Battling Xander banner when it's Xander's turn to be a Grand Hero Battle. Or at least he better be

Draug's actually pretty good, from what I've heard, though from what I've heard he needs quite a bit of skill inheritance to get there.
Zephiel, at base, has (from the data mine, so from here on everything about Zeph's gonna be in the spoiler, so if you don't wanna get spoiled, don't click it):

Hide contents

55 HP | 48 ATK | 16 SPD | 41 DEF | 24 RES
Weapon: Eckesachs (Built-in Threaten DEF 2)
Special Skill: Retribution > Reprisal
A Slot: Life And Death (With LoD3, has 53 ATK | 21 SPD | 36 DEF | 19 RES)
B Slot: Wary Fighter

Overall, I would say that Zephiel should end up better than base Draug, since he has Wary Fighter without having to inherit it from someone. I like Life and Death on this guy, it makes him much stronger (53 ATK! 53! And that's before you buff him up!) and his DEF is large enough to take the hit (his RES is more questionable, but hey, can't have it all). Reprisal should probably be replaced with Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang (should deal 26 or 42 extra damage when it procs... I would say Draconic Aura is the better choice out of these two, since Zephiel should be able to stay alive long enough to proc it at least once, but on the other hand I really like big damage so I'm partial to Dragon Fang... I don't think anything is surviving a Zephiel Dragon Fang without Triangle Adept 3 on a really-high-DEF Blue or something, and even if it's probably overkill most of the time) to deal more damage, unless you expect Zephiel to end up at low HP before he gets a proc off (in which case I would argue for replacing Reprisal with Retribution, so you get more damage). Wary Fighter is just amazing on slow units, and Zephiel... yeah.
For Inherit Skills, I would argue for giving Zephiel Pivot so he can get around easier, and Savage Blow so he can do AoE damage on top of his usual big damage.

Overall, Zephiel looks to be a bit better, since Wary Fighter should last until around 27-28 HP or so, during which time Zephiel will hit once and BRING DOWN IMMENSE PAIN (and then he pops Dragon Fang, leaving no survivors) while his opponents will have to chip away with one hit, probably preventing most things that aren't blue magic users from one-rounding him. Draug will probably be more defensively sound and faster, but that only gets you so far when Zephiel can murder anything he gets close enough to.
Of course, I could be completely wrong, and Draug's extra speed and defenses could give him a big enough edge to be better than Zeph... but I feel like Zeph's power advantage (Because it bears repeating, 53 ATK! 53! Pre-buffs! You can make that 59 with Hone Armor! 59! THAT'S 29 EXTRA DAMAGE ON EVERY DRACONIC AURA! DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY WHY THAT'S GOOD? OR 47 ON DRAGON FANG! CAN ANYTHING EVEN HOPE TO SURVIVE THAT?) and high HP (55! I don't think anyone can have higher HP than that without HP +5!) will pull through for him here.

Regarding Camus... No wonder we aren't getting him for a while. He looks genuinely amazing... And he'll look even better when I replace Grani's Shield with a different skill. Bunny Xander has some competition for lance user on my cavalry team... Not for a while, but still.

Also, I wonder how Grand Hero Battle Xander stack up to Spring Festival Bunny Xander.

I might even say that Bonfire or Ignis would be better than the Dragon skills.  He can take advantage of that monstrous Def stat.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

Makes me wonder if they'll drop Micaiah as a blue mage and have her be a great counter to Zephial. He'll certainly help keep Linde at the top.

Yes, please. Make Micaiah blue, great, and Thani-wielding!

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, please. Make Micaiah blue, great, and Thani-wielding!

They'll make her a Staff user, just to make me mad.

4 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

And then they'll make Elincia a staff-user. 

I honestly wouldn't mind Elincia as a Staff user.  A flying Staff user is something we don't have yet, and might not ever have, and even though she has her own personal Sword, she's not as iconic a sword user as say, Lucius was a Light Tome user.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I honestly wouldn't mind Elincia as a Staff user.  A flying Staff user is something we don't have yet, and might not ever have, and even though she has her own personal Sword, she's not as iconic a sword user as say, Lucius was a Light Tome user.

I hope we eventually get a flying staff user, but I wouldn't want to not get a sword Elincia with Amiti. So maybe two versions?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I hope we eventually get a flying staff user, but I wouldn't want to not get a sword Elincia with Amiti. So maybe two versions?

Maybe they can make a special exception and give a sword user a heal assist skill? It would let her have both. But now we're just dreaming.

Edited by BestFriendJ0
typo

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I honestly can't think of another Flyer that's primarily a healer, though.

10 minutes ago, immatx said:

Hahaha and Rhys as a blue mage all in one banner, called Ike's besties to make Ana mad

I'd think that would make Soren and Ranulf fans more mad than it would make me (I would just be mildly annoyed, tbh). They're actually Ike's best friends, after all... And let's not forget the people who ship them with Ike romantically, particularly Soren...

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

That's the purpose of having two versions of Elincia.

Just now, Othin said:

That's the purpose of having two versions of Elincia.

Yeah, but I don't think she's popular enough to get two versions, and I'd rather they release everybody before they start doubling up on characters.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lachesis was wasted first.

yeah but at least lachesis can use staves at her base class and they can be useful to level her up

it's dumb but not too bad a choice by comparison

lucius on the other hand is the first charater of his class and doesn't get staves until promotion

i have no idea what they were thinking there

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, but I don't think she's popular enough to get two versions, and I'd rather they release everybody before they start doubling up on characters.

I mean, they already seem to have decided to double up before releasing everyone, and we don't know the popularity threshold needed. If they released sword Elincia and then later released a special edition staff Elincia, I'm sure there would be plenty of excitement.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Although they're not healers, would the Heron Laguz technically count as flyers who are primarily support?

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Pretty sure having a sword makes her iconic by default.  Her whole shtick in PoR and RD when she was joining was "I'm going to fight you with you guys" not "I'm going to hang back and support you guys from the sidelines" as well.

4 minutes ago, unique said:

yeah but at least lachesis can use staves at her base class and they can be useful to level her up

it's dumb but not too bad a choice by comparison

lucius on the other hand is the first charater of his class and doesn't get staves until promotion

i have no idea what they were thinking there

Earth sword is as iconic to her as her staves, if not more. She is depicted with a sword in all art of hers, and never with a staff.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Although they're not healers, would the Heron Laguz technically count as flyers who are primarily support?

I expect them to be flying Dancer types once released in Heroes.  What sort of offense, if any, will be the interesting part.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Pretty sure having a sword makes her iconic by default.  Her whole shtick in PoR and RD when she was joining was "I'm going to fight you with you guys" not "I'm going to hang back and support you guys from the sidelines" as well.

I'd lean towards her being a Sword user, but as Lachesis and Lucius show, they are fond of making those with other weapons being primarily associated with them into Staff bots in Heroes.  If anything Lucius and Lachesis have a weaker reason to be a Staff unit than Elincia does.

I'd honestly be happy to get Elincia in any form, though.  There's a couple dozen Tellius characters that I want to see soon.

I really doubt Elincia is going to be a staff flier. Think about it, wasting Amiti would be lame. But I can't say that she'll wield both a sword and a staff (as awesome as that might be). I think she'll be a sword flier with either ardent sacrifice (unlikely though) or breath of life (based off of Felicia, who is a maid class that can attack physically and heal).

Edited by Falcom

Oh, I agree that they have made some...questionable weapon choices so far.  Okay, it makes sense to give people weapons other than swords considering the ridiculous amount of sword users but it was really idiotic that they made Lucius a staff user considering there are way more of those than [insert color here] tome users.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I really doubt Elincia is going to be a staff flier. Think about it, wasting Amiti would be lame. But I can't say that she'll wield both a sword and a staff (as awesome as that might be). I think she'll be a sword flier with either ardent sacrifice or breath of life.

Wasting the earth sword was lame too. Tyrfing was basically wasted. The Binding Blade isn't that great either. It wouldn't be the first time.