Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

38 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Someone convince me not to spend money on orbs. The gacha salt is too real, my dudes

You'll probably just get a bunch of 3*s and wish you hadn't bothered.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Step one: get small-sized hand bag/fanny pack

Step two: get pen from somewhere inside of dwelling

Step three: get small-sized notebook from somewhere inside of dwelling

Step four: put inside small hand bag/fanny pack

Now where ever you are, you can always do the calculations necessary to crush face in the arena among other things! 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I recommended a fanny pack. It's not as bad as it looks (not that I ever tried one or anything heh).

What the heck is a fanny pack? I'm not buying a notebook or anything just to do calculations for a game... That's silly.

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

...firstly, that's actually called a hip bag, or at least that's what my family and people I know always called them. I've never once seen them called "fanny packs" until now. Second, was the Google lesson really necessary? You could've just linked a picture instead of seemingly insulting my intelligence and acting like I'm lazy.

I've been considering getting a hip bag anyway since they'd be handy for things like trips to zoos and amusement parks and I plan to visit those when the weather gets warmer. I had one as a kid and I always used it for those trips.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...firstly, that's actually called a hip bag, or at least that's what my family and people I know always called them. I've never once seen them called "fanny packs" until now.

I'm not touching the rest of this conversation, but I have literally never heard the word "hip bag" before and I've always seen them called "fanny packs". Different regions around the U.S. have very different terms for the same things, like how I always use "soda" to refer to a carbonated drink but other places call it "pop" exclusively. They're both correct, just because you haven't seen the term used before doesn't make it wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not touching the rest of this conversation, but I have literally never heard the word "hip bag" before and I've always seen them called "fanny packs". Different regions around the U.S. have very different terms for the same things, like how I always use "soda" to refer to a carbonated drink but other places call it "pop" exclusively. They're both correct, just because you haven't seen the term used before doesn't make it wrong.

Well, it doesn't mean I can't think it MIGHT be wrong. Like I said, I've never heard the term "fanny pack" before and I'm nearly 26. So it's not a crime for me to have thought it was wrong. I also didn't know different terms for things existed in this country. My mistake, okay?

Hip bag makes more sense to me anyway because you don't actually wear it on your butt (which is what the term "fanny" is for), you wear it at your hip.

But let's get back on topic instead of derailing things here. I still hate that I had to use all my Light's Blessings again and I still only managed to get my Marth to lv. 37...

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Lol, that's great. Everyone I know calls them fanny packs too, but I didn't know people actually used those. Just put them in your back pocket or something.

Edit: @Anacybele That sucks, luckily the current quests are manageable without them.

Edited by immatx

7 minutes ago, immatx said:

Edit: @Anacybele That sucks, luckily the current quests are manageable without them.

Yeah, true that. Though I was never going to attempt crap like "complete so-and-so on lunatic with four x type unit" anyway.

34 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Step one: get small-sized hand bag/fanny pack

Step two: get pen from somewhere inside of dwelling

Step three: get small-sized notebook from somewhere inside of dwelling

Step four: put inside small hand bag/fanny pack

Now where ever you are, you can always do the calculations necessary to crush face in the arena among other things! 

Hide contents

Yes, I recommended a fanny pack. It's not as bad as it looks (not that I ever tried one or anything heh).

You don't need a fanny pack.  I keep a pencil tucked in the side of my sock, you can also tuck those small pocket-sized notebooks in the side of your sock as well.  Always wear ankle high or higher socks for this reason.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it doesn't mean I can't think it MIGHT be wrong. Like I said, I've never heard the term "fanny pack" before and I'm nearly 26. So it's not a crime for me to have thought it was wrong. I also didn't know different terms for things existed in this country. My mistake, okay?

Hip bag makes more sense to me anyway because you don't actually wear it on your butt (which is what the term "fanny" is for), you wear it at your hip.

But let's get back on topic instead of derailing things here. I still hate that I had to use all my Light's Blessings again and I still only managed to get my Marth to lv. 37...

26 is still relatively young and this isn't even a point. There are people twice your age who haven't heard of different things people call things either. My point isn't that it's bad for you to think it's wrong. My point is it too much to ask for if you could not jump to the conclusion that someone else is wrong about something you haven't heard of instead of considering that maybe it's a different way to refer to the same thing that you just haven't heard before? (I don't care if it makes more sense or not either.)

Also, how are you using your Marth to train him? Sending him off to do stuff on his own, or are you using a team to support him so he takes as few hits as possible? I am training my 5-star Eirika right now, and whenever I go to a higher stratum I bring a healer and two units who can boost her attack and take hits for her if necessary. And sometimes, I need to have my Alfonse and Robin kill stuff Eirika can't handle. You need to build a strong team around Marth and have a healer if you want to train him in the higher stratums.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, how are you using your Marth to train him? Sending him off to do stuff on his own, or are you using a team to support him so he takes as few hits as possible? I am training my 5-star Eirika right now, and whenever I go to a higher stratum I bring a healer and two units who can boost her attack and take hits for her if necessary. And sometimes, I need to have my Alfonse and Robin kill stuff Eirika can't handle. You need to build a strong team around Marth and have a healer if you want to train him in the higher stratums.

Yep, I bring a healer, dancer, and a "babysitter" to help Marth out. The "babysitter" is a lv. 40 unit that helps take out things he can't. He still gets killed.

Who is the babysitting unit? Because sometimes, just babysitting isn't enough. I use Alfonse for his spur attack, which lets Eirika 1HKO or 1RKO things she couldn't without him, and sit her next to Olivia for a hone attack boost at the beginning of the turn whenever possible. I use Robin for either spur defense or to stand in the way of an enemy without counterattacking, or Takumi if I actually need to eliminate something. Do you try to separate the enemies as much as possible, killing anything that Marth can't handle? Do you wait until your stratum of choice has lots of green units or enemies that Marth can handle? If you're picking stratums when they're primarily blue, then Marth is naturally going to get killed.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Who is the babysitting unit? Because sometimes, just babysitting isn't enough. I use Alfonse for his spur attack, which lets Eirika 1HKO or 1RKO things she couldn't without him, and sit her next to Olivia for a hone attack boost at the beginning of the turn whenever possible. I use Robin for either spur defense or to stand in the way of an enemy without counterattacking, or Takumi if I actually need to eliminate something. Do you try to separate the enemies as much as possible, killing anything that Marth can't handle? Do you wait until your stratum of choice has lots of green units or enemies that Marth can handle? If you're picking stratums when they're primarily blue, then Marth is naturally going to get killed.

One of my other lv.40 units, usually one that has the advantage over units that my trainee unit has a disadvantage against.

Does your babysitting unit (or your dancer or healer) have any hone or spur abilities? If you can get a high leveled unit like that who could also boost Marth's defense or attack or speed, then that would help him kill things more effectively and live.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Does your babysitting unit (or your dancer or healer) have any hone or spur abilities? If you can get a high leveled unit like that who could also boost Marth's defense or attack or speed, then that would help him kill things more effectively and live.

Freddy's got Fortify Def and Olivia has Hone Attack. Freddy takes out blue units for Marth too since Marth's a red.

I think I'm getting better at this though. I just got through the 8th and 9th stratums with no deaths. Though admittedly, Marth had ALL the advantage on that 9th one. It was two axes and a healer. One axe was Hector though, and I remembered to let him attack first so that one skill of his didn't kick in.

Edited by Anacybele

If it's too hard I recommend running through stratum 0 or do an arena match to reset the configuration. Usually when I train anyone I do not let them near unfavorable matchups. 4 blues? hell yeah time to train michalis! 2 blue 2 red? not so much.

That's good. You don't want to engage in combat until you find a stratum in which the character you're training has maximum advantage.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy's got Fortify Def and Olivia has Hone Attack. Freddy takes out blue units for Marth too since Marth's a red.

My best advice right now is to make sure you have your priorities straight: keeping your trainee alive is your top priority, even if it means sacking everyone else on your team or stealing some kills.

If you can, try to pick missions with only green and blue units. Frederick kills all of the blues and Marth handles the greens. One thing to note is that most units don't have particularly good match-ups against their own color, especially in the Tower. You don't actually want Marth fighting against red units.

Also try avoiding missions that are all green. Even though that might seem advantageous to Marth, the rest of your team is going to struggle unless you change your babysitter to a red unit to help if Marth starts having trouble.

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

If it's too hard I recommend running through stratum 0 or do an arena match to reset the configuration. Usually when I train anyone I do not let them near unfavorable matchups. 4 blues? hell yeah time to train michalis! 2 blue 2 red? not so much.

Depending on the level, I'll enter even with an unfavorable match-up or two, and just let my level 40 Dancer or Healer kill the tough unit, and I'll still have 1-3 units for my lowbie to kill.  It's not until the low to mid 30s were I avoid most poor match-ups.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

My best advice right now is to make sure you have your priorities straight: keeping your trainee alive is your top priority, even if it means sacking everyone else on your team or stealing some kills.

If you can, try to pick missions with only green and blue units. Frederick kills all of the blues and Marth handles the greens. One thing to note is that most units don't have particularly good match-ups against their own color, especially in the Tower. You don't actually want Marth fighting against red units.

Also try avoiding missions that are all green. Even though that might seem advantageous to Marth, the rest of your team is going to struggle unless you change your babysitter to a red unit to help if Marth starts having trouble.

I handled one that was all green just fine since both Olivia and Marth are red. I also sometimes have Olivia dance for Sakura instead so Sakura can heal Marth twice and/or activate the Heavenly Light I gave her too.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I handled one that was all green just fine since both Olivia and Marth are red. I also sometimes have Olivia dance for Sakura instead so Sakura can heal Marth twice and/or activate the Heavenly Light I gave her too.

Actually, you should probably dance for your healer more often. I find that when I'm training a unit, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time I end up dancing for Elise instead of the trainee simply to keep the trainee's health topped off and to get Kindled-Fire Balm to activate more often.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Depending on the level, I'll enter even with an unfavorable match-up or two, and just let my level 40 Dancer or Healer kill the tough unit, and I'll still have 1-3 units for my lowbie to kill.  It's not until the low to mid 30s were I avoid most poor match-ups.

Well yes this is for 8-10th stratum specifically. I should have specified.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, you should probably dance for your healer more often. I find that when I'm training a unit, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time I end up dancing for Elise instead of the trainee simply to keep the trainee's health topped off and to get Kindled-Fire Balm to activate more often.

Yeah, I have been doing that more often, actually. This let Marth take out a Setsuna that would've killed him otherwise. Freddy's a big help against the blues. Being 5 star and lv. 40, he often one-rounds them. Marth is lv. 39 now, almost there!

Edited by Anacybele

Was wondering why training felt so slow today, when I realized we're no longer getting the 1.5x EXP gain that we've enjoyed the past few weeks.  These April updates can't come soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Was wondering why training felt so slow today, when I realized we're no longer getting the 1.5x EXP gain that we've enjoyed the past few weeks.  These April updates can't come soon enough. 

Yeah, it's a blessing and a curse.  You get more SP per level, but it makes it take forever.

We also lost the 2 free Orbs per day, which makes me sad.