Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Ah alright. That sounds like too much effort for me so I don't think I will use Cecilia for much longer.

Keep Sheenas killer ax and give her Bonfire and quick riposte. She'll always proc it in one turn of combat.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I've been playing around with Cecelia for a bit and I have to ask, am I missing something about her? A raven tome to get weapon triangle advantage against grays is nice in theory, but every gray unit still doubles her and most deal a lot of damage thanks to her awful defense. Her being a 4 star might have something to do with it, but other 4 stars I tried could at least hold their own for a bit.

Another unit i've been trying out is Sheena since I managed to get a 5 star version of her. She's pretty tanky, but she doesn't seem to do much damage and she has the 1 movement problem of all knights. Pivot helped a little bit with that though. Any advice on how to use her for people who used the unit before?

Cecilia is one of those units that's meh without skill inheritance but also one of the characters that benefits the most from it. (I know that sounds like everyone, but not quite. Everyone can be made good with inheritance, but she doesn't just become good with inheritance, she becomes one of the best mages in the entire game hands down, which most characters can't accomplish even WITH inheritance). 

Sticking with her default Gronnraven is a mistake since with a Gronnblade tome and a cavalry team supporting her, she can OHKO every blue, green, and colorless in the game, along with at least half the reds. She turns into a complete monster.

But without inheritance, she's definitely pretty meh, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

*Or Klein.

...Honestly, this might be my peg-bias talking, but I never found archers useful. I have Setsuna, Rebecca and Klein (the latter at 5* rarity, too), and haven't used much of them apart from a little level grinding. Then again, I use Lissa in every battle, so...

I actually find Klein to be pretty good as a Player phase "Erase this unit" nuke.

He's pretty much my go to babysitter of my five stars.  Brave Bow with 47 Attack on player phase is no joke.

14 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I've been playing around with Cecelia for a bit and I have to ask, am I missing something about her? A raven tome to get weapon triangle advantage against grays is nice in theory, but every gray unit still double her and most deal a lot of damage thanks to her awful defense. Her being a 4 star might have something to do with it, but other 4 stars I tried could at least hold their own for a bit.

Another unit i've been trying out is Sheena since I managed to get a 5 star version of her. She's pretty tanky, but she doesn't seem to do much damage and she has the 1 movement problem of all knights. Pivot helped a little bit with that though. Any advice on how to use her for people who used the unit before?

Vanilla Cecilia is mediocre at best. Her low Spd and Def mean you really want to be running her with cavalry buffs to boost her damage output and survivability.

Armors work best in a full armor team where you can stack armor buffs.

Sheena is a defensively focused armor and is tied with Gwendolyn for the lowest Atk among armors. I suggest replacing her special skill with Bonfire to pull out a bit more damage output. If you have the resources you're willing to invest in her, also give her Quick Riposte. If you're not using a full armor team, I highly suggest having a dancer.

Yeah vanilla cecilia is bad, and occasionally good against certain select foes, like low atk colorless units and low res/spd blue ones. If you're doing vanilla cecilia for the quest just have olivia, a healer and a tank/chipper. If you want to make her a good unit for preference or something give her gronnblade and a buff cav team. However she still is good with gronnraven, triangle adept and a proc.

Sheena has really low atk and it was kinda a pain to me to 40 her but she's workable. Vanilla sheena is strong against any blue unit as she has high bulk. If you want to invest on her give ignis/bonfire, quick riposte/wary fighter.

Edited by Quintessence

For training up ranged units, whether it be for quests or for grinding SP, I actually find that things goes by way faster/easier if you use two dancers on your team instead of just one to give your ranged unit up to 3 moves per turn, which lets them reach enemies they wouldn't normally or secure kills they wouldn't normally, as well as being able to go in, snipe, snipe again, and get out if two turns aren't enough to kill. It just adds so much speed and flexibility, and it's great. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Sheena has really low atk and it was kinda a pain to me to 40 her but she's workable. Vanilla sheena is strong against any blue unit as she has high bulk. If you want to invest on her give ignis/bonfire, quick riposte/wary fighter.

I disagree with Wary Fighter. Wary Fighter works best on armored units with lower defenses, low Spd, and high Atk because you're only going to be getting in one attack per round of combat. Basically, Effie and Zephiel, the two armors that come with Wary Fighter naturally, are the only two units it's really viable on.

Quick Riposte is the passive B skill to use on the lower-Atk armors.

I love Felicia as much as the next guy, but definitely nowhere near as much as this guy:

Spoiler

IWAc2pL.jpg

(I question some of the skill choices, but the dedication is real)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I love Felicia as much as the next guy, but definitely nowhere near as much as this guy:

Reveal hidden contents

IWAc2pL.jpg

(I question some of the skill choices, but the dedication is real)

Obligatory "Didn't expect that, did ya!"

The real question is how much stamina this guy burned to max her HM.

EDIT: 17 Stamina potions and 3 Felicias + 1 Olivia. Makes more sense now.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Thanks to sacred seals, I can boost my Minerva's Atk by 8 (Hone Atk 3 from Olivia + Spur Atk 3 from Lucina), giving her an impressive 64 Atk.
How high of an Atk stat would people be able to achieve now? Is there any way to get someone to 70 Atk? (obviously without WTA, etc.)

Edited by Falcom

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Thanks to sacred seals, I can boost my Minerva's Atk by 8 (Hone Atk 3 from Olivia + Spur Atk 3 from Lucina), giving her an impressive 64 Atk.
How high of an Atk stat would people be able to achieve now? Is there any way to get someone to 70 Atk? (obviously without WTA, etc.)

Effie has the highest base Atk at 40. Silver Lance+ is 15. Hone Armor is 6. Two stacks of Goad Armor is 8. Death Blow is 6. That's 75 Atk already. S Atk +1 makes that 76.

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Effie can hit up to 79 attack.

+Atk is 43, Silver Lance+ is 15, Hone Armor is +6, two Goad Armors is +8, Death Blow is +6, and sacred seal is +1.

If I'm missing anything (or just can't do basic math) someone let me know.

EDIT: Ninja wishiwashi

Only difference is I used a +Atk Effie instead of neutral

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Effie has the highest base Atk at 40. Silver Lance+ is 15. Hone Armor is 6. Two stacks of Goad Armor is 8. Death Blow is 6. That's 75 Atk already. S Atk +1 makes that 76.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Effie can hit up to 79 attack.

+Atk is 43, Silver Lance+ is 15, Hone Armor is +6, two Goad Armors is +8, Death Blow is +6, and sacred seal is +1.

If I'm missing anything (or just can't do basic math) someone let me know.

EDIT: Ninja wishiwashi

Only difference is I used a +Atk Effie instead of neutral

Wow that's brutal. I rather not imagine that... How the hell can you guys think of something as monstrous as this?

Just now, Falcom said:

Wow that's brutal. I rather not imagine that... How the hell can you guys think of something as monstrous as this?

Pick the biggest numbers from each list of numbers. Make sure the resulting combination is legal.

15 minutes ago, Falcom said:

It's actually not even that hard XD

Anyone could have just done what Ice dragon said, pick the biggest, legal, number.

It's too bad my Effie is -Attack though, she can only reach 73 :(

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's actually not even that hard XD

Anyone could have just done what Ice dragon said, pick the biggest, legal, number.

It's too bad my Effie is -Attack though, she can only reach 73 :(

Don't blame me for not realizing. XD
Must be having a brain fart today. Probably exhausted from being too excited for tomorrow's banner.

Since we're on the subject of most Atk on a single unit, what about most damage that can be dealt in one hit?

Spoiler

+Atk +10 Julia with Atk +1 Seal starts with 57 Atk. Victim is Lv. 1 4* Corrin (F) with -Res and debuffed with Threaten Res 3 for 0 Res.
Kindled-Fire Balm gives +4 Atk --> 61 Atk
3x Spur Attack gives +12 Atk --> 73 Atk
Naga gives 1.5x Atk versus dragons --> 109 Atk
Triangle Adept gives 1.4x Atk on weapon advantage --> 152 Atk
Astra gives 2.5x to damage --> 380 Atk

+Atk +10 Effie with Atk +1 Seal starts with 60 Atk. Victim is Lv. 1 2* Draug with -Def and debuffed with Threaten Def 3 and Life and Death 3 for 1 Def.
Kindled-Fire Balm gives +4 Atk --> 64 Atk
3x Spur Attack gives +12 Atk --> 76 Atk
Heavy Spear+ gives 1.5x Atk versus armors--> 114 Atk
Triangle Adept gives 1.4x Atk on weapon advantage --> 159 Atk
Astra gives 2.5x to damage --> 395 Atk

+Atk +10 Chrom with Atk +1 Seal starts with 61 Atk. Victim is Lv. 1 4* Fae with -Def and debuffed with Threaten Def 3 for 0 Def.
Kindled-Fire Balm gives +4 Atk --> 65 Atk
3x Spur Attack gives +12 Atk --> 77 Atk
Falchion gives 1.5x Atk versus dragons --> 115 Atk
Triangle Adept gives 1.4x Atk on weapon advantage --> 161 Atk
Astra gives 2.5x to damage --> 402 Atk

Goad Armor and Hone Armor occupy the same slot, so I didn't use that as Effie would get 2 more Atk from Kindled + 3 Spurs than from Hone + 2 Goads.

Edited by MrSmokestack

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Since we're on the subject of most Atk on a single unit, what about most damage that can be dealt in one hit?

I can't really run the math right now, but what about Gronnblade+ +Attack Spring Camilla supported by Hone Fliers, Fortify Fliers, and Goad Fliers, with Triangle Adept 3? I'm not sure if anyone else could beat that if we're talking about a single hit.

EDIT: Oh, right, Astra too.

EDIT 2: ...And I saw you were including dragon-slaying weapons. Maybe those are still better, I'm not sure.

Edited by Phoenix_Kensai

Well I run around with 70 atk Nino if I have her full buff team (LoD2, standard +4 Hone/Fortify buffs) around haha

But let's eschew practicality for a second, and focus specifically on maximizing atk.

The highest Atk on a mage is Lilina and Sanaki (tied at 40 with +atk), so we'll switch in the red -blade tome, put Defiant Atk on her, and apply the standard +4 buffs for everything else--let's do it with Rally, because then we can free up their C slots for Spur Atk, and she's below half from 2 uses of Ardent Sacrifice.  Also, the +atk seal. 

so we have 
40+13+7+7+4+4+4+4+4+4+1 = 92 Atk, effectively. It's hardly the most practical setup for her and honestly grossly overkill, and requires her team to all run rallies (which means no dancer or positioning skills), and also her team to be taped to her at all times.

In comparison the highest Atk mage on a flier/cav team is bunMilla, at 38 with +Atk. Giving her Gronnblade+, Death Blow, Hone/Fortify Fliers and a single Goad
gives 38+13+6+6+6+6+6+6+4+1 = 92 Atk, except it's a lot more practical because you can reposition on your other fliers

Edit: wow im hella ninja'd, math 2 slow

as for Astra+TAdept

going for TAdept BunMilla with full flier buffs, she'd have 88 atk as a starting point (see spoiler, just subtract 6). TAdept buffs that to 123 atk. Lowest Res on a blue is -res Ephraim, with 17. she does 106. Astra buffs that to 265 damage done to poor Ephraim. 

If someone puts seal Res 3 (-7 res) on the dude, then Camilla does 113/282(Astra) damage to him. Ouch.

Edited by Thor Odinson

16 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

I can't really run the math right now, but what about Gronnblade+ +Attack Spring Camilla supported by Hone Fliers, Fortify Fliers, and Goad Fliers, with Triangle Adept 3? I'm not sure if anyone else could beat that if we're talking about a single hit.

EDIT: Oh, right, Astra too.

EDIT 2: ...And I saw you were including dragon-slaying weapons. Maybe those are still better, I'm not sure.

@Thor Odinson It's funny because Gronnwolf+ with +16 Atk from buffs (4 + 4 + 4 + 4) outdamages Gronnblade+ with max buffs (12 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 4 = 34 Atk) by 45 points (360 vs 315) on Camilla-Spring, with an Astra proc. Victims in both scenarios were a Lv. 1 4* Abel with -Res and debuffed with Threaten Res for 0 Res.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Thor Odinson It's funny because Gronnwolf+ with +16 Atk from buffs (4 + 4 + 4 + 4) outdamages Gronnblade+ with max buffs (12 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 4 = 34 Atk) by 45 points (360 vs 315) on Camilla-Spring, with an Astra proc. Victims in both scenarios were a Lv. 1 4* Abel with -Res and debuffed with Threaten Res for 0 Res.

Oh right, should've used a Lv 1 unit instead. I derped and went for a lv 40 5* haha

That makes a lot of sense, though. The 1.5*1.4 stacking tend to do that.

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How is Gronnwolf+ getting 16 attack from a 4 atk buff? +Spd/Def/Res don't do anything for wolf.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I disagree with Wary Fighter. Wary Fighter works best on armored units with lower defenses, low Spd, and high Atk because you're only going to be getting in one attack per round of combat. Basically, Effie and Zephiel, the two armors that come with Wary Fighter naturally, are the only two units it's really viable on.

Quick Riposte is the passive B skill to use on the lower-Atk armors.

Right, I agree. But wary fighter is also a good option to add health to them in case you're running out of quick riposte units, as they (sheena/wendy) can survive a round that otherwise they would have not.

However there was a hellish wendy that I fought at the arena with quick riposte and ignis. I don't recall correctly if she had 41 or 44 def but it was monstruous.