Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Other units that are cavalry mage counters are Raigh (red), who everyone got a free version of at the beginning of the game, and Ursula (blue), for whom there was a GHB a while back (I can't recall if you beat it or not though). 

If you don't want to use F!Robin because she's green then those two units are good options. 

That said, I'm seeing more blue units than red on defense teams these days, so double green may not be as bad as it once was. Also, you mostly want her there for other cavalry mages, and the most threatening cavalry mages are either blue or green, so green might actually be the ideal color for an anti-cavalry mage. She also comes with B Tomebreaker naturally, so she's a good counter to non-cavalry blue mages too. 

Yeah, I ditched Raigh. I don't like him anyways. He comes off as a bratty jerk to me.

And really? I see mostly red units, especially Falchion wielders. A couple times in a row I ended up against teams that were ENTIRELY swords.

9 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Azura is a really rare pull. If nothing else, how about this? Azura and Olivia function 90% the same. Practice some more with Olivia in the arena. Get used to doing some quick calculations or checking ranges and skills. That way, when you get your Azura, you'll know how to use her to the fullest (because using her as a combat unit, even against red swords, is still not ideal.)

I would go with this idea, but I'm still not confident in my math/calculation skills...

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Is there any confirmation of a Celica plus three others banner coming soon? I'm personally hoping for Valbo, Saber, and May. 

I'm not sure if there's been any confirmation, but I think it's a foregone conclusion, since Celica wasn't in this Banner.  The only question is whether it will be right after this Banner or delayed a couple weeks to coincide with the world wide release.

I just thought, with the Skills that they've added to give extra XP, Crystals, and Badges, do you think we'll get a Skill to increase SP?  Now that would be one useful Skill.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just thought, with the Skills that they've added to give extra XP, Crystals, and Badges, do you think we'll get a Skill to increase SP?  Now that would be one useful Skill.

I'm sure we'll get it soon.

It'll be on a seasonal banner like the Spring Festival one, to go with a colorless unit with a horrible stat spread, just so people can burn money for orbs on it.

Spoiler

Summer Festival Felicia anyone?

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm sure we'll get it soon.

It'll be on a seasonal banner like the Spring Festival one, to go with a colorless unit with a horrible stat spread, just so people can burn money for orbs on it.

Hide contents

Summer Festival Felicia anyone?

Summer Festival Virion, good sir. Only, instead 31\31 offenses, he'll be 34\34, and instantly the best archer in the game despite 50 res, 2 def, and 20 hp.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Summer Festival Virion, good sir. Only, instead 31\31 offenses, he'll be 34\34, and instantly the best archer in the game despite 50 res, 2 def, and 20 hp.

I personally would like to see Barth as a focus unit with his trademark 2 Res at 5* Lv. 40.

Wary Fighter anyone?

I'm going to draw a Summer Ike sometime. :P His weapon will be the Drumstick Axe, an axe that looks like a chicken leg, and he'll be dressed in a tank-top with a KFC-spoof logo, swim shorts, sandals, a towel hanging from his shorts, and some goggles around his head in place of his headband. Hee hee. And for good measure, I'll have him eating an actual chicken leg. lol Summer is about swimming and grilling, so this works! XD

The Drumstick Axe heals 5 HP every three turns and has a might of 13.

Summer Ike's design will use RD Ike, but for this variation, he trades his high defense for high res. His attack is still great though, he just has low def and better speed.

Edited by Anacybele

Meanwhile, I hate the beach and it'll be the middle of winter during the Summer banner anyway, so unless they choose someone I actually know enough to like, I'm not interested.

Spoiler

At least we know Tharja will be on the Winter Banner to be dressed like something you'd wear in summer...

I've mentioned this before, I think, but I'd honestly much rather see festival yukatas for the summer banner than the clichéd swimsuits we're bound to get.

Not that I'd say no to a few choice waifus in swimsuits though.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've mentioned this before, I think, but I'd honestly much rather see festival yukatas for the summer banner than the clichéd swimsuits we're bound to get.

I have no idea what a yukata is, but if it looks nice, I'm fine with that. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Hoping for Ninian in a yukata holding a cup of shaved ice casting Fimbulvetr.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I have no idea what a yukata is, but if it looks nice, I'm fine with that. :P

Google image search "yukata".

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's a yukata? o.O

It's similar to a kimono. It's a Japanese outfit often worn at festivals and other such occasions, including the annual summer festival :D

In fact, a few of the newer Fire Emblem DLCs have had characters wearing yukatas.

(Example pic in spoiler)

Spoiler

kPkQnrQ.png

EDIT: @Ice Dragon YES PLEASE 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

It's similar to a kimono. It's a Japanese outfit often worn at festivals and other such occasions, including the annual summer festival :D

In fact, a few of the newer Fire Emblem DLCs have had characters wearing yukatas.

(Example pic in spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

kPkQnrQ.png

Oh, that. But that's worn in the summer? That thing looks far too hot for summer weather to me... Not that it doesn't look nice, of course. I actually always kinda liked kimonos and similar clothing. They just look like you'd be hot in them during warm weather.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, that. But that's worn in the summer? That thing looks far too hot for summer weather to me... Not that it doesn't look nice, of course. I actually always kinda liked kimonos and similar clothing. They just look like you'd be hot in them during warm weather.

Well, most festivals happened at night when it's considerably cooler.

Anyways, yeah, that's a yukata. I personally think they're really pretty and would love to see more FE characters in those.

I actually prefer that kind of fanservice to the more standard swimsuits and showing off skin :D

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So, we're just going to get Bath Towels?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yukatas are something like 1 or 2 layers of fabric, usually cotton or some other light fabric, if memory serves. They're also used at hot spring inns and are good for cooling off.

I'd imagine them to be about as breezy as the hakama I have for kendo, which is pretty breezy.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well, most festivals happened at night when it's considerably cooler.

Anyways, yeah, that's a yukata. I personally think they're really pretty and would love to see more FE characters in those.

I actually prefer that kind of fanservice to the more standard swimsuits and showing off skin :D

I don't like a lot of skin to be showing just for the sake of it either, especially as a battle unit, but that's why I'm choosing to draw my Summer Ike in a tank top and swim shorts rather than just the swim shorts or *shudder* in a bikini/thong. The tank top would be a little more practical too. I can't picture guys in kimonos or yukatas anyway since they look feminine to me. In fact, I've only ever seen women in them.

And if I were to draw a female in summer style, like Elincia, she'd be getting a summer dress or some such rather than a swimsuit.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like a lot of skin to be showing just for the sake of it either, especially as a battle unit, but that's why I'm choosing to draw my Summer Ike in a tank top and swim shorts rather than just the swim shorts or *shudder* in a bikini/thong. The tank top would be a little more practical too. I can't picture guys in kimonos or yukatas anyway since they look feminine to me. In fact, I've only ever seen women in them.

And if I were to draw a female in summer style, like Elincia, she'd be getting a summer dress or some such rather than a swimsuit.

I think a yukata would fit a lady like Elincia quite well, actually (personal tastes though, of course). 

Also, maybe it's just a cultural difference, but I don't think men look any less fit for a yukata than women. The ones in the FE DLC certainly look fine. 

Spoiler

Owain looks like a badass anyways

2vkWADJ.png

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Vaximillian might post his convenient picture of those demon eyes!

nmquJur.png

You've no one to blame but yourself for reminding me.

Also what the hell, seven pages since I've been here like eight hours ago?

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think a yukata would fit a lady like Elincia quite well, actually (personal tastes though, of course). 

Also, maybe it's just a cultural difference, but I don't think men look any less fit for a yukata than women. The ones in the FE DLC certainly look fine. 

Reveal hidden contents

Owain looks like a badass anyways

2vkWADJ.png

Eh, he still looks like he's in girl's clothes to me. And how does that Owain have blue hair?! He can't possibly get it unless a blue-haired male Robin is his father. o_O

Elincia would pull off a kimono or yukata nicely though, yeah. But I'm used to our summer dresses and stuff here in the west, and I'd like to see something different for a change, so...

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

When males wear a yukata, the sash goes around the waist instead of immediately below the breasts, leaving the two sides of the top half loose. Male yukata fanservice usually has the two halves very loose and parted (about as much as Saizo's top in Heroes or more) to show some skin.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

nmquJur.png

You've no one to blame but yourself for reminding me.

Also what the hell, seven pages since I've been here like eight hours ago?

I know this thread blows up so I was hopeful you wouldn't look back too far :(

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Who's Owain's father in that example, @MaskedAmpharos? Because I really don't need more reasons to think Chrom/Lissa is a potential pairing.

On the subject of the holiday banners, what do we have for Autumn? Does that one technically count as the Halloween banner?

Autumn can't not be Halloween.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Who's Owain's father in that example, @MaskedAmpharos? Because I really don't need more reasons to think Chrom/Lissa is a potential pairing.

On the subject of the holiday banners, what do we have for Autumn? Does that one technically count as the Halloween banner?

They gave them all blue hair dye, if memory serves.  Mostly just because they had no canon hair color and didn't want to draw the art three dozen times.