Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

47 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly, just in general, I think Nintendo/IS should have one of the Askr trio be a bonus hero every season so that F2P players will always be able to have a guaranteed bonus unit. 

It doesn't affect me greatly since I pull on every major banner anyways, but it would still be nice. 

To be fair, each bonus lineup has a recent GHB character, so as long as you get all the GHB characters, you have at least one. But more options is nice, especially since not everyone has them. We'll have to see what happens next season, whether they cycle back to Anna as the 10th slot or do another free character or something else.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

English in Japanese games is a common thing.

Ah, I suppose it's not too out of place, then.

52 minutes ago, Othin said:

To be fair, each bonus lineup has a recent GHB character, so as long as you get all the GHB characters, you have at least one. But more options is nice, especially since not everyone has them. We'll have to see what happens next season, whether they cycle back to Anna as the 10th slot or do another free character or something else.

Not every GHB character is good, though. And even then, you might not want to spend 20k feathers/2weeks to 5* a GHB every time, whereas the starting 3 stay 5*.

If they cycle back to Anna next season I'll probably just optimize my starting 3 before doing other stuff.

I mean, I'm fine because I can always make a team of 3 that can carry a single dead-weight, but some people might not have a core that strong.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Not every GHB character is good, though. And even then, you might not want to spend 20k feathers/2weeks to 5* a GHB every time, whereas the starting 3 stay 5*.

Yeah... I was so disappointed to hear that Navarre isn't that good. He's so good looking compared to his original appearance!

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If they cycle back to Anna next season I'll probably just optimize my starting 3 before doing other stuff.

I mean, I'm fine because I can always make a team of 3 that can carry a single dead-weight, but some people might not have a core that strong.

Yeah this was my main reasoning since I usually will have a GHB hero. 

I play Arena decently competitively (sometimes I'm in top 1k, sometimes I drop out into top 5k), so I need a team of 5*s since dragging along a 4* GHB unit costs me too many points. But I don't want to have to spend 20k feathers every two weeks on a GHB unit if I want to rank well. 

Yeah the problem isnt the wuality of GHB units

Its the point loss from not having full 5* set up

GHB Askrs allows you to work a core based on their 5* form and if you add 5* Olivia to that you only need to have 2 additional 5*

Although on the flipside it makes you question why the fuck wont you run 2 unit core with Sharena Olivia for every fucking season ever. If that rule is made into reality id probably run Rally Resistance Gunter and Ursula all the time

Edited by JSND

So I'm really liking my Alm's performance, and he's easily turning into one of my best units (even if he is -Atk...grumbles forever...).

So does anyone here know how good/viable the vanilla Alm skillset is, or is it still too early to decide all of that? I'm wanting to train mine up for the Arena, and I'm not sure what I should SI onto him if anything, what team setup I should run with him to make him super amazing and awesome and whatnot.

13 hours ago, Birdy said:

no Alm/10 :lol:

I got my first duplicate 5* last night and conveniently it was Seliph! Who I have already gotten a lot of use out of!

I know he isn't great in the current meta but dang it he is just too lovable and handily destroys all of the Hector's greens

IMG_0878.PNG.07c5817d252223a4d068b0f195704df7.PNG

Downside though is now I am officially running into all of the merged units in the arena and it is terrifying. :/

@Arcanite is going to freak out upon seeing so many people say Grand Hero Battles as 'GHB'.

I never really understood what makes it so weird to say 'GHB'.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

English in Japanese games is a common thing.

I mean that is true but I never understood why they just don't use Japanese language instead. Does it look more appealing/eye-catching? Easier to read/understand? Anything?

"タッチ"
"TOUCH"
(Yes. I'm a scrub for using Google Translator) To be honest, they both look just as eye-catching. So I don't see a reason why not to use "タッチ" over "TOUCH".

EDIT: I didn't read it until now. Apparently it's a quirk?

Edited by Falcom

9 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

So I'm really liking my Alm's performance, and he's easily turning into one of my best units (even if he is -Atk...grumbles forever...).

So does anyone here know how good/viable the vanilla Alm skillset is, or is it still too early to decide all of that? I'm wanting to train mine up for the Arena, and I'm not sure what I should SI onto him if anything, what team setup I should run with him to make him super amazing and awesome and whatnot.

Compared to Chrom, Alm has somewhat less defense and attack, and slightly more speed and resistance, which makes him more of a slow Marth more than anything, though this in itself isn't bad at all. His strength rating is pretty good combined with Falchion access though. Windsweep doesn't seem like a great skill outside of stopping Close Counter procs, but Alm still needs more speed than his target for it to go off, so it seems redundant either way. Too slow, and you can't use it; too fast, and you should just unequip it and let him double normally. Might do a write-up on this at some point since I'm curious myself. The easiest fix would be either Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker as the B Passive, seeing as Draconic Aura and even Atk+ are good defaults if you want something more budget.

13 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

no Alm/10 :lol:

Alm has a great sword, and passable stat spread---SPD isn't high enough to glass-cannon his way through things, but his bulk is decent, especially since his speed is high enough to prevent most doubles.

Windsweep is a derpy skill, situationally useful, and always prevents doubles. Useful if you have a great need for repeated chipping, but costs Alm the ability to double anything.

If I had him, I'd probably use him as crappy Minerva. Minerva has similar bulk, better coverage, and flies, but Alm has more sustained presence thanks to Falchion and Windsweep, meaning he'd be around to chip for longer. Minerva fits better on my teams since everyone is a glass cannon (save Minerva herself, since I don't L&D 3 her), so fights don't go long enough for sustained bulk to matter, but I can see Alm putting in work in a slower paced team.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

@Arcanite is going to freak out upon seeing so many people say Grand Hero Battles as 'GHB'.

I never really understood what makes it so weird to say 'GHB'.

G̶H̶B̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶p̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶u̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶S̶V̶U̶ ̶e̶h̶?̶

11 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I got my first duplicate 5* last night and conveniently it was Seliph! Who I have already gotten a lot of use out of!

I know he isn't great in the current meta but dang it he is just too lovable and handily destroys all of the Hector's greens

IMG_0878.PNG.07c5817d252223a4d068b0f195704df7.PNG

Downside though is now I am officially running into all of the merged units in the arena and it is terrifying. :/

Heh I remember when I saw a +2 Fir with 38 speed, life and death, and a brave sword.

Good times.... good times......

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

To be honest, they both look just as eye-catching. So I don't see a reason why not to use "タッチ" over "TOUCH".

Japanese text in the middle of a lot of Japanese text is less eye-catching than English text in the middle of a lot of Japanese text.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japanese text in the middle of a lot of Japanese text is less eye-catching than English text in the middle of a lot of Japanese text.

Well sure I guess. But I'm focusing more on the Japanese text all by itself (and not in the middle of Japanese dialogue) and whether or not is is more eye-catching than English text (maybe if the English text is all in caps then yeah Englsh is more eye-catching. But for some reason "TOUCH" doesn't seem to be the case for me. I'm not sure why).

41 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

G̶H̶B̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶p̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶u̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶S̶V̶U̶ ̶e̶h̶?̶

Probably. Then again, it's been so long since I've been taught about drugs in health class, and I feel like this is something I should've learned.
Welcome to Serenes Forest, where all we talk about are drugs!

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh I remember when I saw a +2 Fir with 38 speed, life and death, and a brave sword.

Good times.... good times......

Hahaaaa! That sounds like the absolute worst nightmare for my team of the speed-impaired. Bye bye mRobin indeed!

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Hahaaaa! That sounds like the absolute worst nightmare for my team of the speed-impaired. Bye bye mRobin indeed!

Lol no, Brave Sword Fir is kinda useless. Even with Life and Death 3 she only gets 38 Atk, then even if he had the full merge bonus on Atk for some reason it's just 42 Atk. So basically no damage.

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Male Robin would probably take 5x4 damage from a +Atk Fir with +1 from merging and L&D3, so he's not really troubled. If Fir isn't +Atk, Robin takes 2x4. And if Robin has Triangle Adept, Fir won't ever scratch him even with a +Atk nature. (Add Swordbreaker to the mix to make Fir even more of a non-issue)

So what Arcanite meant is that Robin says bye bye to Fir before destroying her not that he's getting destroyed.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Male Robin would probably take 5x4 damage from a +Atk Fir with +1 from merging and L&D3, so he's not really troubled. If Fir isn't +Atk, Robin takes 2x4. And if Robin has Triangle Adept, Fir won't ever scratch him even with a +Atk nature. (Add Swordbreaker to the mix to make Fir even more of a non-issue)

So what Arcanite meant is that Robin says bye bye to Fir before destroying her not that he's getting destroyed.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol no, Brave Sword Fir is kinda useless. Even with Life and Death 3 she only gets 38 Atk, then even if he had the full merge bonus on Atk for some reason it's just 42 Atk. So basically no damage.

Woop! I feel silly :p
That's what I get for multitasking on like three things at once and not looking at just who was being mentioned.

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Arcanite

Ughh I wish her skills were better. Why does she have Threaten Res when she doesn't use magic >_>

IMG_1219.PNG.jpg

314 hero merit!?!?!?!? (♡O♡) That SP ain't bad either!!!!!

Wow GuiltyLove!

I think Nintendo was trying to make her some sort of debuff unit. She is supposed to like, stand in front and lower res and/or defense for your other units to clean up the mess after. Unfortunately, seal skills stink and threaten skills are also nyeh.  

Spoiler

They knew her potential and tried to limit her

But our sweet, xexy, princess shall not be held back!

@DarkLordIvy My T-adept, swordbreaker Robin tanked both (technically all 4 of) her hits, and 2 shot her right after LOL

You'll find it funny that when I fought this Fir, it was a full red team. Male Robin just solo'd them all XF

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

314 hero merit!?!?!?!? (♡O♡) That SP ain't bad either!!!!!

Wow GuiltyLove!

I think Nintendo was trying to make her some sort of debuff unit. She is supposed to like, stand in front and lower res and/or defense for your other units to clean up the mess after. Unfortunately, seal skills stink and threaten skills are also nyeh.  

Hide contents

They knew her potential and tried to limit her

But our sweet, xexy, princess shall not be held back!

@DarkLordIvy My T-adept, swordbreaker Robin tanked both (technically all 4 of) her hits, and 2 shot her right after LOL

You'll find it funny that when I fought this Fir, it was a full red team. Male Robin just solo'd them all XF

I would like seal skills more if the game, specifically the arena, didn't favor OHKO/ORKOs that much. I like to debuff :) I used Oboro a lot in Birthright and Revelation. I thought you said you didn't play Fates yet though. How did you end up liking Oboro?

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I would like seal skills more if the game, specifically the arena, didn't favor OHKO/ORKOs that much. I like to debuff :) I used Oboro a lot in Birthright and Revelation. I thought you said you didn't play Fates yet though. How did you end up liking Oboro?

Seal skills are the greatest. You and @Arcanite are missing out. I don't care if I'm a square for liking them. I have seal def on two units and seal spd on one. If you position your units correctly, it basically guarentees a KO on your turn after you tank a hit.