Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Based on the livestream they had a few days back, it's most likely going to 

1) Add the new maps they showed

2) Change the tiering system

The current system just has you go up an Arena tier (like Tier 13 Eight Generals) every week for participating in Arena. It means nothing at all right now besides showing how long someone's been playing Arena.

After the update, you go up or even drop down tiers depending on performance, and you get orb rewards based on how high you tier every week. 

So Arena is going to become a lot more competitive. 

...Wow. Horrible idea. Not the maps, I mean, the tiering system.

The way I "perform" in the arena, I'll be back to tier ONE or TWO faster than you can say I fight for my friends. Thanks a lot, IS, for making it harder still to get orbs or feathers out of it.

At the very least, I think there should be more rankings. I never end a season in the arena with a rank, not even when I started out in the top 20,000. I had a score of over 3,500. I wouldn't be surprised if others have this problem too.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The way I "perform" in the arena, I'll be back to tier ONE or TWO faster than you can say I fight for my friends. Thanks a lot, IS, for making it harder still to get orbs or feathers out of it.

At the very least, I think there should be more rankings. I never end a season in the arena with a rank, not even when I started out in the top 20,000. I had a score of over 3,500. I wouldn't be surprised if others have this problem too.

I believe they put a cap on the system so that you can't fall any lower than Tier 7 (I don't remember the exact number), so you'll always be able to get at least one orb per week. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The way I "perform" in the arena, I'll be back to tier ONE or TWO faster than you can say I fight for my friends.

I find this incredibly hilarious XD

I don't think you should be worried though because 

1. You have Ike as a bonus unit

2. You also now have an Azura to use instead of Olivia

When the updates comes out, Im sure you'll be smooth sailing :)

I believe they put a cap on the system so that you can't fall any lower than Tier 7 (I don't remember the exact number), so you'll always be able to get at least one orb per week. 

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think the score limits for tiers would be very lenient. 4k would probably have you rise pretty much every rank (given that's the max offense rewards), so just work at it.

Even your current 3kish should probably get you above tier 10 easily. (I doubt big-N would make it that hard for casuals.)

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think the score limits for tiers would be very lenient. 4k would probably have you rise pretty much every rank (given that's the max offense rewards), so just work at it.

Even your current 3kish should probably get you above tier 10 easily. (I doubt big-N would make it that hard for casuals.)

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I find this incredibly hilarious XD

I don't think you should be worried though because 

1. You have Ike as a bonus unit

2. You also now have an Azura to use instead of Olivia

When the updates comes out, Im sure you'll be smooth sailing :)

Yeah, but one, Ike won't always be a bonus unit, and two, even using Azura hasn't really helped me. I like her more than Olivia, but I still have trouble winning even on intermediate. And no, I didn't think suddenly switching to Azura would automatically make my scores way better every season, but I did feel like I'd see some form of improvement, if only a little.

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Fair, but one orb a WEEK is far too low. I think the lowest amount we should get is maybe four orbs. That way we get a full pull every five weeks at the least.

18 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I don't score 4,000 though, remember? I also don't even get over 3,000 every season. This time I could only get a bit more than 2,800.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think, or at least, I hope that they'll keep the current reward system of the arena, just add extra rewards based on ranks.

And they still might give out 2 orbs a day even after the event hit or add some new way orbs. I don't think they'll make the arena rank rewards the only orbs we get from now on.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I think, or at least, I hope that they'll keep the current reward system of the arena, just add extra rewards based on ranks.

And they still might give out 2 orbs a day even after the event hit or add some new way orbs. I don't think they'll make the arena rank rewards the only orbs we get from now on.

The 2 orbs a day is only until a certain time. And yeah, but we don't know what the next source of free orbs will be other than a new paralogue or story chapter once in awhile.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fair, but one orb a WEEK is far too low. I think the lowest amount we should get is maybe four orbs. That way we get a full pull every five weeks at the least.

I suggest trying to think of this more optimistically. 

One orb per week doesn't sound like a lot, true, but it's one more orb per week from Arena than we're currently getting. 

It's not like you're losing anything. No matter how well you do in Arena, you only benefit from this update because you're getting more rewards than before. 

I know that, in total, 22 orbs in this set of may quests is pretty good but also, oh my god, the 10th stratum quests are back and they only give out one orb. That is so much time and effort for a single orb! Least I already have horse emblem & flier emblem from last time. Shame I'm saving feathers for reinhardt (I hate how he gets goad cavalry only at rank 5, come on), i'd promote and train up Palla so I could have Goad Fliers

dang armor team still isnt at level 40 either. at least i have hone armor wendy and ward armor draug.

Just now, Anacybele said:

The 2 orbs a day is only until a certain time. And yeah, but we don't know what the next source of free orbs will be other than a new paralogue or story chapter once in awhile.

Sure, but we got the Hero Fest promo orbs right after the promo for Echoes JP release ended. We could very well get an 'arena revamp promo' or the return of daily arena quest.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Sure, but we got the Hero Fest promo orbs right after the promo for Echoes JP release ended. We could very well get an 'arena revamp promo' or the return of daily arena quest.

Or some other totally random excuse for daily orbs. It's a recurring pattern at this point. At worst we go like what a week between daily orb promotions?

The OP-team is done! Team in spoilers. I really, really like Linde with Breath of Life btw. 12HP AOE healing per turn, 24 if danced by Azura? YES PLEASE. I still might get her Blarblade+ though when I have enough feathers to promote Odin.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Birdy said:

The OP-team is done! Team in spoilers. I really, really like Linde with Breath of Life btw. 12HP AOE healing per turn, 24 if danced by Azura? YES PLEASE. I still might get her Blarblade+ though when I have enough feathers to promote Odin.

Reveal hidden contents

Switch Ike for Ryoma and Fae for Hector and that's pretty much the team I came up with for the next season. Probably could switch Fae for Hector if I need to as well and I have Ryoma, but he's not a bonus unit next season.

59 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Hide contents

this is like...the exact team my roommate was whining to me about last night, down to all the skills and units. so i think you're on the right track pff. he made me complete his arena after that because he couldn't get a 7-streak.

but dang, his elo (i don't know what else to call it, man)...he has no merges, 3 5 star and a 4 star Olivia. two of the 5 stars are mages. it's basically my team, exactly. yet he runs into everything having tons of SI and ran into a +4 merged Julia. i don't get it. my team is decked out in SI as well, possibly even more SI than him, and i never run into anything like that. in fact, i often face a lot of vanilla units.

12 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be different lines your characters say, when you click on them in your castle? Is there a collection of the new lines? (or maybe I'm just imagining things)

I think you're right!

14 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be different lines your characters say, when you click on them in your castle? Is there a collection of the new lines? (or maybe I'm just imagining things)

Seriously?

I never noticed

Im going to check it for myself!