Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Anacybele said:

They're 5 star pulls and blue units, and since I'm pulling more red lately for Ryoma, that won't be happening anytime soon. But of course I'll try one of them if I do. But I doubt I'll like them as much as any of the actual cavalry knights I really like.

Reinhardt is a 4* pull, though you need to 5* him to get Dire Thunder. But he is fully worth it :)

So even if you get him at 4*, get him up there. He'll make cavalry teams so much easier for you, plus he could even help Frederick delete a few miscreants.

And yeah, that's fair. I like him, but I'm fully biased. I hope you do pull him one day, though, and I hope he wins you round ^.^

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Reinhardt is a 4* pull, though you need to 5* him to get Dire Thunder. But he is fully worth it :)

So even if you get him at 4*, get him up there. He'll make cavalry teams so much easier for you, plus he could even help Frederick delete a few miscreants.

And yeah, that's fair. I like him, but I'm fully biased. I hope you do pull him one day, though, and I hope he wins you round ^.^

I know, but like you said, Reinhardt needs to be 5 star to get that Dire Thunder.

I just don't care for mages and don't even really want to use them. It's a shame that I'm forced to at times. It sucks that most physical attacking units have low res.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Meh, doesn't really matter to me. That does sound broken as hell though, wish IS would add some nerfs to units like these every now and then.

The balance is that he can only do that if he gets to you first. 

He's one of the slowest units in the game (even neutral Hector can double him without any speed buffs for Naga's sake), so he's ORKO'd by almost everyone if they get to him first. 

Of course, he's still easily one of the best units in the game, but he's not outright broken. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

The balance is that he can only do that if he gets to you first. 

He's one of the slowest units in the game (even neutral Hector can double him without any speed buffs for Naga's sake), so he's ORKO'd by almost everyone if they get to him first. 

Of course, he's still easily one of the best units in the game, but he's not outright broken. 

You just said he was broken though. I'm confused now...

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm just grasping at straws because I don't want my free win machine to be nerfed tbh

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I'm eventually making a Horse Emblem team too since cav knights are my other favorite class line in the series. Frederick, Kieran, Sain, and I guess Stahl would be who I'd pick. They'd probably get wrecked by mages though. It's too bad there aren't any cool cav mages or cav archers (imo).

What don't you like about the 8ish horse-mages that exist so far? I honestly thought you'd enjoy Cecilia, being a calm and demure instructor-type 

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also, they aren't in the game yet, but I quite like Rath, Sue, and Astrid, who are all cav archers.

no love for Jamka? No love for Ranger!Gerik? NO LOVE FOR WOLF AND SEDGAR?

58 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Takumi is no longer dominant. Everyone else got better with skill inheritance, and there are more counters and people that can OHKO Takumi than he can deal with.

Even Spring Camilla doesn't fear Takumi. 

If she runs a Gronnraven + T-Adept set, she takes less damage from Takumi than your average non-flier despite being a flier

If she runs a Gronnblade set with a flier team, she outright one-shots Takumi. 

Spring Camilla doesn't fear Takumi; Takumi should fear her. 

Takumi isn't dominant, but he's still incredibly relevant. The common everyday team that isn't loaded with SI can still get hurt by Takumi hard enough that it forces an arena forfeit.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, but like you said, Reinhardt needs to be 5 star to get that Dire Thunder.

I just don't care for mages and don't even really want to use them. It's a shame that I'm forced to at times. It sucks that most physical attacking units have low res.

The game encourages balancing your team with variety. Just like it's not wise to run 4 Freds or 4 Ikes, it's not wise to run strictly melee fighters.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Green mages like Julia and Nino outright obliterate Reinhardt with or without support. Titania even without her Emerald Axe can tank hits from him like a champ. F!Robin takes quite a bit of hurt but with support herself would survive. He's got very few weaknesses, which is very different from having 0 weaknesses

Edited by Elieson

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He's broken as an attacking unit. He can delete pretty much anything (apart from maybe green mage types), especially if given a little help with his skillsets.

That being said, he isn't good in the hands of AI, and he can be killed easily if you do misplace him, so he's not as op as Takumi, for instance, was at the beginning of the game. So he's possibly one of the best units for attacking, even vanilla, but he can be easily countered to make up for it.

Edited by Cute Chao

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Takumi isn't dominant, but he's still incredibly relevant. The common everyday team that isn't loaded with SI can still get hurt by Takumi hard enough that it forces an arena forfeit.

Oh I didn't mean to say that he's bad now or anything. 

All I wanted to say is that he's no longer dominant or common enough to make flier teams unviable. 

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It's illegal to nerf characters in gacha, though. Powercreep is the only way to advance the meta.

@Anacybele

Who said it was illegal? All I've heard was that it may be bad for business if not done right.

5 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What don't you like about the 8ish horse-mages that exist so far? I honestly thought you'd enjoy Cecilia, being a calm and demure instructor-type

I'm just not a fan of mages in general, like I said. And Cecilia is really bad unless you dump a lot of inheritance on her which isn't worth it to me. I also don't care about Elibe, which is where she comes from. She's also a potential pedo because she can freaking marry Roy. She'll forever have a bit of creepiness to her for that, imo.

The game encourages balancing your team with variety. Just like it's not wise to run 4 Freds or 4 Ikes, it's not wise to run strictly melee fighters.

Well yeah, of course it's not wise to run four of the same character. But as long as you have a good character of each color, you should be able to handle enough opponents well, regardless of their weapons, if you ask me.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm just not a fan of mages in general, like I said. And Cecilia is really bad unless you dump a lot of inheritance on her which isn't worth it to me. I also don't care about Elibe, which is where she comes from. She's also a potential pedo because she can freaking marry Roy. She'll forever have a bit of creepiness to her for that, imo.

Well yeah, of course it's not wise to run four of the same character. But as long as you have a good character of each color, you should be able to handle enough opponents well, regardless of their weapons, if you ask me.

Roy's 15 during the game but Cece's implied/confirmed to only be in her 20s. The marriage ending says that they "eventually" got married, and I don't think there's anything wrong with a 22 y.o. marrying say a 28 y.o. For comparison, I married a woman 6 years older than me at age 22, so I'm speaking out of personal sense here (we're since divorced but that's neither here nor there).

I can agree on her being High Maintenance aka Expensive as Heck though,

Having Magic Users allows the game to diversify its cast more, though. Unless the game were to add a second melee triangle, removing Res all together would severely limit what can be included. 

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Roy's 15 during the game but Cece's implied/confirmed to only be in her 20s. The marriage ending says that they "eventually" got married, and I don't think there's anything wrong with a 22 y.o. marrying say a 28 y.o. For comparison, I married a woman 6 years older than me at age 22, so I'm speaking out of personal sense here (we're since divorced but that's neither here nor there).

I can agree on her being High Maintenance aka Expensive as Heck though,

Having Magic Users allows the game to diversify its cast more, though. Unless the game were to add a second melee triangle, removing Res all together would severely limit what can be included. 

I suppose an implication of them waiting a little while makes it a little less creepy. And that's fine if you married a woman that much older than you if you were both in your twenties or something like that. The older you get, the less age matters, so...

I know why magic users exist. I'm just saying there haven't really been any that I've liked much, sadly.

Roy's 15 during the game but Cece's implied/confirmed to only be in her 20s. The marriage ending says that they "eventually" got married, and I don't think there's anything wrong with a 22 y.o. marrying say a 28 y.o.

Though, they are teacher/student, which is one of the taboo relationships in Japanese culture...

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Though, they are teacher/student, which is one of the taboo relationships in Japanese culture...

Their A support has her all like "I can't teach you anything anymore, you're the best" and nothing really romantic is implied to have happened before she declares herself as no longer his teacher. Would that be taboo?

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

But a sword fighter that targets Res is pretty much just a red mage/manekate. A sword that is ranged might be intresting though. It would basicly be an archer with color advantages/disadvantages.

Sword manakete Leif when?

Theres A LOT of Roy x Cecilia i simply didn't like and its mainly because i really don't like Teacher x Student Relationship that had noticable age difference

As for the unit Cecilia need TA or Blade to become good, but when she does she's really useful into WTF IS THIS SHIT kind of good. Honestly the #1 reason why Mage is "needed" is mostly because you need them to duel another Mage. A properly set up Fredericks, YOLOWOODS, and Abels should be capable of handling tankiest of their coverage color

Edited by JSND

29 minutes ago, Elieson said:

no love for Jamka?

Jamke isn't mounted though.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sophia

Flux, Ruin, Fenrir, Fenrir+. Are they different in other versions of the game?

Fenrir is Nosferatu in the Japanese version.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

@JSND Did you make that sig? 

I did.

Edited by Vaximillian

31 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

He's broken as an attacking unit. He can delete pretty much anything (apart from maybe green mage types), especially if given a little help with his skillsets.

That being said, he isn't good in the hands of AI, and he can be killed easily if you do misplace him, so he's not as op as Takumi, for instance, was at the beginning of the game. So he's possibly one of the best units for attacking, even vanilla, but he can be easily countered to make up for it.

I just danced around the range one in the advanced arena just now. It was hell trying to outsmart the AI. They had a Wings Ninian.

Along with a Frederick to kill Linde if I got in the wrong range.

Rein can obliterate Linda on his phase, but she can obliterate him on my phase if she has desperation.

Eliwood, despite being a red, ORKOs him.

Rein is a glass cannon. And a dangerous one at that.

Felicia (one of the bonus units) was the only thing that could tank him.

I just find it funny he's DPS here while my friends make overwatch jokes with him saying "Don't worry my friends. I am your shield!"

Edited by shadowofchaos