Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

38 minutes ago, Falcom said:

It was a joke but I do have 5* Reinhardt. He just needs to be trained. Obstruct is going to get replaced at some point when I can get Quick Riposte 3. But it's serving its purpose rather nicely at the moment.

That's so wrong. If I ever come up against u in arena I will probably forfeit right away :/

19 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Of all the cancer in this game, it's Reinhardt that I both despise and desire the most!

I edited your post for u, ur welcome

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, immatx said:

I edited your post for u, ur welcome

Nooo but I do really want Reinhardt though, just like I cried for a Takumi during the reign of the Takugod (got one finally for Hero fest, with a nice -Atk present :/, so I'm 1000% late to the party), and the way I'm still crying for an Ike, a Hector and a Soren (the latter just because I like him a lot, not that he's godly or anything).

Edited by Extrasolar

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Nooo but I do really want Reinhardt though, just like I cried for a Takumi during the reign of the Takugod (got one finally for Hero fest, with a nice -Atk present :/, so I'm 1000% late to the party), and the way I'm still crying for an Ike, a Hector and a Soren (the latter just because I like him a lot, not that he's godly or anything).

Soren's quite good, incidentally. Yeah, Nino is 1 IV tier better, but Soren's still one of the best mages in the game. Tharja, the best red mage, is 32/34, Soren's 33/33, aka: damn good.

Edit: His starting skillset is basically a 'how to ruin a good unit' guide, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, immatx said:

That's so wrong. If I ever come up against u in arena I will probably forfeit right away :/

Well I mean if you got any mages, then there's no need. My entire team has really poor Res. (Just wait until I get Linde or promote Nino)

Speaking of defense arena battles, there have been some people that loss to me with really weird names. For starters:

Spoiler

There was some person named "Wet 4 Lucina" with the team lead being Bunny Lucina.

And then another person named "F**k You" with the team lead being Vantage Takumi.

Anyone encountered people with weird names?

Edited by Falcom

58 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Soren's quite good, incidentally. Yeah, Nino is 1 IV tier better, but Soren's still one of the best mages in the game. Tharja, the best red mage, is 32/34, Soren's 33/33, aka: damn good.

Edit: His starting skillset is basically a 'how to ruin a good unit' guide, though.

I'm not looking forward to the end of this arena. Soren's been a very useful bonus unit -.- 

I didn't realise he was particularly good, though. I thought he was mediocre (I guess people just compare him to Nino on here?), but when I use him in the arena, he's pretty good at deleting things that my other three main party members aren't ^.^''

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, his vanilla skillset is an excercise in self-nerfing but he's hardly the only unit with a subpar vanilla skillset. If I do get him I'll likely copy my nuking mage build, Darting Blow, Seal Res, Glacies. I could sacrifice a Nino fodder for Gronnblade too. Easy money for the most part.

Two mage builds, nuking mage and bulky mage, which I'm weighing my options on putting the latter on my 4* Merric because it works well for my 4* M!Robin and after I realized that his defense is actually pretty good.

TA, Ignis, Gronnraven with B skill I need to figure out and keeping Spur Res because why not. Not sure if completely worth, but another off-tank mage could be useful and it would be nice to be able to use Merric.

Edited by Extrasolar

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Then use something else :P

Like what? Wolf books? Ardent Sacrifice+Renewal? Heavy Blade+Killing Edge?

Edited by L9999

40 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, his vanilla skillset is an excercise in self-nerfing but he's hardly the only unit with a subpar vanilla skillset. If I do get him I'll likely copy my nuking mage build, Darting Blow, Seal Res, Glacies. I could sacrifice a Nino fodder for Gronnblade too. Easy money for the most part.

Two mage builds, nuking mage and bulky mage, which I'm weighing my options on putting the latter on my 4* Merric because it works well for my 4* M!Robin and after I realized that his defense is actually pretty good.

TA, Ignis, Gronnraven with B skill I need to figure out and keeping Spur Res because why not. Not sure if completely worth, but another off-tank mage could be useful and it would be nice to be able to use Merric.

If you have SP to spare, why not try Threaten Res? It should make up for lack of might from Excalibur if he was 5 star, and supports your other mage team members.

i've been using a vanilla 5 star Merric and he works out fine. Satisfying to quickly delete Spring Camillas with Excalibur.

34 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I hope we start getting new skill combos or something. Fury Desperation and TA Raven are getting old.

You can always do swift sparrow as well as Darting Blow desperation.

Every time I run a swift sparrow match up I always wish I pulled blues for Wascally wabbit Lucina......

Spoiler

Then I remember Bunny Xander was a thing XD

Edited by Arcanite

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If you have SP to spare, why not try Threaten Res? It should make up for lack of might from Excalibur if he was 5 star, and supports your other mage team members.

i've been using a vanilla 5 star Merric and he works out fine. Satisfying to quickly delete Spring Camillas with Excalibur.

Oh yeah, that could be a pretty good option for his C, especially alongside WTA with TA and/or Gronnraven. Anything to help that struggling atk, haha. I do have a spare Oboro fodder I could use to give it to him (seriously...why the hell does Oboro have Threaten Res? What is even the point..). That could definitely work, though I'm not sure if I wanna keep the Oboro fodder to pass on Seal Def, because that's insanely useful too. Argh, decisions. x-x

I'm also thinking of possibly giving him Quick Riposte so that his middling speed is irrelevant, but two of my Subakis are already being donated to give that to my 4* Nowi and my 5* Takumi, and I'm not sure if I wanna sacrifice the final Subaki to give it to him. Would definitely help out ...and looking through my units, not sure who else I'd slap it on who doesn't already have their B slot being used by something else.

As a side note, I think I've finally found the secret to making my Seliph viable. I'm gonna give him a Brave Sword inherited from my Draug fodder. Then maybe he'll be able to one-round things and be as terrifyingly tanky as ever with Armored Blow 3! So long as I keep well out of the range of mages, I think I'll profit. Meanwhile I can put another Brave Sword on my 4* Chrom from my Cain fodder,..at least, I think I'm doing this right. That way I can just give Death Blow from my Effie fodder to M!Corrin, and my obnoxious amount of Swordlords will be terrifying to fight!

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

As a side note, I think I've finally found the secret to making my Seliph viable. I'm gonna give him a Brave Sword inherited from my Draug fodder. Then maybe he'll be able to one-round things and be as terrifyingly tanky as ever with Armored Blow 3! So long as I keep well out of the range of mages, I think I'll profit. Meanwhile I can put another Brave Sword on my 4* Chrom from my Cain fodder,..at least, I think I'm doing this right. That way I can just give Death Blow from my Effie fodder to M!Corrin, and my obnoxious amount of Swordlords will be terrifying to fight!

That's genius! I'm gonna do that with my Seliph. Can't believe I never thought of that, it seems so obvious now.

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You can always do swift sparrow as well as Darting Blow desperation.

Every time I run a swift sparrow match up I always wish I pulled blues for Wascally wabbit Lucina......

Hide contents

Then I remember Bunny Xander was a thing XD

That's what I run on my Lucina. Now that she's +1, with the Spd +1 Seal her Darting Blow catch range goes up to 39 Spd now, where a lot of Fury Swords and meta mages sit at. Of course, if they're merged too, then it's moot...

I have one Bunny Lucina. Lucina just comes to me.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

[snip]

Took me about a minute to come to a conclusion, because I had to wait for Photoshop to open.

thereingod.thumb.jpg.17db7381c6759189075830c4135c7ed6.jpg

#ripswordlords

Reinhardt dunks them so fast it gives them whiplash.

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

That's genius! I'm gonna do that with my Seliph. Can't believe I never thought of that, it seems so obvious now.

Right! I was thinking like, Wow, Seliph does a lot of damage in the one hit he manages to get off and usually leaves them under half... What if...he got two free hits??? We have the technology!

Now, to SP grind...

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

can't wait to kill Reinhardt

Somebody really needs to make an upbeat, catchy song with that title, in the vein of "I Can't Defeat Airman." I would love to see that, lmao.

Edited by Extrasolar

17 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh yeah, that could be a pretty good option for his C, especially alongside WTA with TA and/or Gronnraven. Anything to help that struggling atk, haha. I do have a spare Oboro fodder I could use to give it to him (seriously...why the hell does Oboro have Threaten Res? What is even the point..). That could definitely work, though I'm not sure if I wanna keep the Oboro fodder to pass on Seal Def, because that's insanely useful too. Argh, decisions. x-x

I'm also thinking of possibly giving him Quick Riposte so that his middling speed is irrelevant, but two of my Subakis are already being donated to give that to my 4* Nowi and my 5* Takumi, and I'm not sure if I wanna sacrifice the final Subaki to give it to him. Would definitely help out ...and looking through my units, not sure who else I'd slap it on who doesn't already have their B slot being used by something else.

i find Seal Defense is a pretty situational skill, and there are a lot of better options for B slot like breakers, Renewal or Quick Riposte. Too much competition.

Threaten is better than Seal skills because the unit just has to be there, not necessarily enter combat and support the team in one go. Good for ranged units.

i think Vanilla Oboro was meant to be a physical wall that supports your team. I mean she worked fine when I was training Nino with her Threaten plus Rally Defense to buff Gronnblade. Seal Def for physical units and have better damage output- i think she's a good training unit.

Wow I wish i had more Sword lords. Need more reds, at least Xander, Zephiel and upcoming Lloyd helps out as free red units.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have one Bunny Lucina. Lucina just comes to me.

I want one

You should give her skills away to someone else.......

Celica maybe?

What if Ragnarok doubled any buffs or increase in stats (Swift sparrow would be +8, death blow would be +12 and so forth)?

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

(This post needs words otherwise its spam!)

Edit this post with words so it doesn't count as spam^

22 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

As a side note, I think I've finally found the secret to making my Seliph viable. I'm gonna give him a Brave Sword inherited from my Draug fodder.

Not to burst your bubble, but Brave sword Seliph has always been a thing

Yeah he really needs it in order to put in work. You gonna give him brave sword plus or just regular plain old?

Reinhardt is was the number one retainer to the undisputed queen of OP thunder mages. He's not just some rando with a book.

Plus, in Thracia proper, the game outright told you "Don't fight him, skip him with a Warp staff instead!"