Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I finally slapped Iceberg on my Reinhardt (he's +Res), and it feels very wrong. Why is everything dying?

You are a terrible terrible person.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I finally slapped Iceberg on my Reinhardt (he's +Res), and it feels very wrong. Why is everything dying?

Magic is everything, magic can't die!

Raigh really needs a different tome or something. At the same time, it does not help that a 3* neutral Raigh has the same base attack as a 4* -Atk Sophia. I've resigned myself to the fact my only good red mage is Raigh. May he be a Raigh of hope in these dark times. Ghetto mage adult Tiki is cooler, though.

Also, 1.5 exp let Kagero shoot up levels insanely fast -- I just summoned her 3 days ago and now she's level 40. Linde too, but not as fast since she's 5*. Linde is amazing. Probably my favorite blue mage now. Helps that her default kit that she starts out as 5* unlike Ursula who's wicked, but more so when she's a 4*. I like Odin, but what can I do with you? I swear if when Owain eventually shows up as a sword unit and he ends up with 53 HP, 22 Atk, 32 Spd, 25 Def, and 25 Res which is essentially dumping 10 points into Odin's HP. Actually, that could let him be a hilariously stupid Reprisal abuser.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Things like this are why I'm glad defensive tiles are a thing.

9 minutes ago, immatx said:

You are a terrible terrible person.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

Things like this are why I'm glad defensive tiles are a thing.

He's just...handing out ice cream...

A Thunder attack that freezes enemies is pretty funny though.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Magic is everything, magic can't die!

I have Fury on my Rein

The magic is slowly killing him

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I had a similar feelings when I gave Sanaki Glacies. 

Time to hand out burning ice cream.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My Lilina and Sanaki both have Iceberg. Frostfire go!

Edited by Vaximillian

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My Lilina and Sanaki both have Iceberg. Frostfire go!

It's like the combo attack you see all the time in movies and stuff, where they freeze someone then burn the ice down, except in reverse...

21 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I had a similar feelings when I gave Sanaki Glacies. 

Time to hand out burning ice cream.

Lol, I just imagined Cymbeline dropping a scoop of ice cream instead of the meteor.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmmmm now there's an idea for my duplicate neutral Niles...My Reinhardt is +res as well

I'm also on the team of planning to give Sanaki Iceberg. I could probably go Glacies for more damage but Sanaki doesn't exactly double people so 4 turns might be too long...

Edited by mcsilas

Well, I think the latest updated killed my enthusiasm for playing Fire Emblem: Heroes. Specifically, the Arena changes. (Just lost 9 times in a row, full routs. How can I manage a Deathless Run if can't keep anyone alive in the first place?)

Sure, I like theorycrafting and messing around with cool units, but when facing off against optimized after optimized team, my guys stand no chance. I have no proper counter to Flier Emblem, Dancer Emblem, and Optimized Emblem. (I'm running into Lindes, Lilinas, and Julias with -blade weapons. Flying teams with Spring!Camilla, outfitted with tons of repositioning skills making it nigh impossible to get a good lure. Wide open battlefields with Dancers that make positioning difficult as I can not take on the enemy one at a time. // I would be fine with this "Lunatic+ difficulty," but only if my guys were properly trained enough to handle such content!)

Currently, I'm at rank 15 with no merged units. Here is my current roster.

Spoiler

5s9yAUa.png

My usual team is...

Ephraim (Moonbow, Rally Resistance, Defiant DEF, Swordbreaker 2, Threaten DEF)
Erika (Iceberg, Rally Attack, ---, Drag Back, Hone SPD)
Nino (Draconic Aura, Drag Back, Fury, Desperation, Breath of Life)
Arena Bonus

Now granted, once the Arena stabilizes (and if I'm lucky enough to stay above Rank 12) maybe I'll find some joy in playing it again, but right now I have no real desire to continue playing Heroes. Arena is the main source of feathers, and without feathers, I am getting nowhere in terms of progression.

Another thing is that this is a kneejerk reaction to constant losses. However, I probably won't be able to do my usual Advanced Arena runs and get above 4k offensive rating until it stabilizes, but given my current feelings towards the game I may just end up dropping it entirely. My time and money can be put to better use elsewhere, despite my love for the franchise...

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Well, I think the latest updated killed my enthusiasm for playing Fire Emblem: Heroes. Specifically, the Arena changes. (Just lost 9 times in a row, full routs. How can I manage a Deathless Run if can't keep anyone alive in the first place?)

Sure, I like theorycrafting and messing around with cool units, but when facing off against optimized after optimized team, my guys stand no chance. I have no proper counter to Flier Emblem, Dancer Emblem, and Optimized Emblem. (I'm running into Lindes, Lilinas, and Julias with -blade weapons. Flying teams with Spring!Camilla, outfitted with tons of repositioning skills making it nigh impossible to get a good lure. Wide open battlefields with Dancers that make positioning difficult as I can not take on the enemy one at a time. // I would be fine with this "Lunatic+ difficulty," but only if my guys were properly trained enough to handle such content!)

Currently, I'm at rank 15 with no merged units. Here is my current roster.

Reveal hidden contents

5s9yAUa.png

My usual team is...

Ephraim (Moonbow, Rally Resistance, Defiant DEF, Swordbreaker 2, Threaten DEF)
Erika (Iceberg, Rally Attack, ---, Drag Back, Hone SPD)
Nino (Draconic Aura, Drag Back, Fury, Desperation, Breath of Life)
Arena Bonus

Now granted, once the Arena stabilizes (and if I'm lucky enough to stay above Rank 12) maybe I'll find some joy in playing it again, but right now I have no real desire to continue playing Heroes. Arena is the main source of feathers, and without feathers, I am getting nowhere in terms of progression.

Another thing is that this is a kneejerk reaction to constant losses. However, I probably won't be able to do my usual Advanced Arena runs and get above 4k offensive rating until it stabilizes, but given my current feelings towards the game I may just end up dropping it entirely. My time and money can be put to better use elsewhere, despite my love for the franchise...

Huh, I found the non-merged tier (660~680) to be rather tame compared to anything above. 690 is when the horrors truly show up (also my only method of reaching that tier involves a poor team comp).

I will say, there is one map currently in rotation (the one that basically funnels you into a straight line) to be very -blade Mage friendly, and it's extremely hard to deal with them if the enemy has more than one.

If you can't beat em, join em. Eirika + Nino is already a pretty solid combination, and you can optimize an Olivia to help out too. I don't think you're completely done.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This is only my defense team though, not the team I'm actually using to do battle (why do people keep assuming this?). What I was thinking of when making this my defense team was something that I ended up losing to very easily myself. It's called a trap team. My lead unit is Ike, someone common now who'd go down easily to magic. Someone with Reinhardt or Linde or another blue mage is likely to challenge, for instance.

That's where female Robin and Frederick come in. Freddy can die to those two mages too, but not if he gets to them first. And female Robin is an uncommon character in the arena who eats horses and blue tomes. Male Robin is there for extra magic.

I was baited by a team with Lucina as the lead while the other three units were magic wielders. I made a physical unit my lead as well with two other units as magic wielders. People will go against my team thinking it's more physical, but nope! And they get a surprise out of female Robin and Freddy since they're uncommon. Nobody expects any greens except Nino maybe. :P

This team has gotten me more arena defense wins than any other I've tried on this side of things. Including against teams with swordies as their leaders (two of the teams that lost had Ryoma as the lead, for instance). And several had horses at the lead.

People seem to forget about female Robin, by the way. Yeah, she doesn't have a high damage output, but she's the hardest counter to Reinhardt there is and everybody seems to hate him. She'd also be handy for the Ursula battle which just returned. :P And like I said, she eats horses in general and is probably great on an anti-cavalry team.

I wasn't talking about your offense team and I wasn't assuming that. I was only talking about your defense team, and I don't think Frederick or F!Robin are the best units to field on that. Having actually fought against your team, I noticed that the AI let Frederick run ahead far from the rest of his team, and Frederick can be easily baited, so killing him is a non issue.

I'm not sure if many people actually 'surrender' battles based on team lead (besides people who do their best to avoid Reinhardts/Kageros/etc.) or if they expect physical/magical units since the best arena offense teams can deal with units of every type. Frederick and F!Robin are pretty easy to kill thanks to their respective issues and being green in a red run arena, unlike Ike. Beating teams with swords as their leads is fine (I mean, both Ike and Robin have swordbreaker, so it's to be expected). I assume most arena wins don't come from decimating a team's 4 units, but rather by killing one unit (since people will tend to surrender after one death).

I'm just pointing out the weaker members of your defense team. Your team probably nets defense wins from Ike, but I don't think people struggle too hard with defense with regards to offense, so if it's netting you at least one win, that's fine.

@Sire, have you tried to use Olwen + Olivia ? Reinhardt solved all my arena problems since I got him, and several competent people on SF have depicted Olwen as a superior version of Reinhardt.

Edited by chirp

9 minutes ago, chirp said:

@Sire, have you tried to use Olwen + Olivia ? Reinhardt solved all my arena problems since I got him, and several competent people on SF have depicted Olwen as a superior version of Reinhardt.

Olwen is superior to Reinhardt on a cavalry team. Her damage output has the potential to exceed his because with a Hone Cavalry buff (and Life and Death) she has the speed to pull off a quad build. On any other team, Reinhardt is better. 

As for my team recommendations for @Sire: I think Ryoma, Nino, and Ephraim make a strong core. 

Nino does Nino things and nukes everything while Ephraim and Ryoma provide coverage (notably Ephraim vs reds that trouble Nino and Ryoma vs units with G Tomebreaker, as several Hectors and Julias/S!Camillas do nowadays). Ryoma would also provide a Hone Spd buff while Ephraim provides an attack buff from Siegmund and a resistance buff from Rally Res (and potentially even a def buff as well if you give him Fortify Def). 

You have several options for your fourth option. One option, obviously, is to leave that for the bonus hero of the week, and is what I would recommend. However, if you train your free Olivia up, having a dancer on this team would be incredibly beneficial as well. Another option is to have a blue mage (such as your Spring Lucina) that can take hits from red mages since Ephraim doesn't particularly enjoy doing that despite WTA because of his low res, and many common red mages (such as Lilina and Sanaki) carry Swordbreaker, which would leave Ryoma unable to counter them. 

Hrm... Ragnarok has an interesting effect. So it really does have that Fury thing that one guy suggested. Definitely slapping Renewal on her.

DISTANT DEF THO? I like that. Fuck you -Blade Emblem.

Also, 0/10 Celica is holding a tome. WHERE IS MY CUSTOM SPRITE?

Lol fuck you Boey. Your tome looks good though. I wonder how Owl stacks up against the traditional Raven builds? Worth pulling for fodder at least.

Genny... So you aren't an innocent staffbot after all...

OH S H I T WRATHFUL STAFF

I miss the time when Eliwood have the second best Legendary weapon in the entire game

Now Ragnarok is the second best lol

Its practically a 19 MT weapon with built in Darting Blow. All she needs is a good stats and shes the best Infantry Red Tome. Maybe you need to heal her with Reciprocal Aid or something

Owl tomes are interesting since with its potentially a 18 MT weapon(22 with Hone ATK. This is on par with Eirika boosted Blades at 12 + 6 + 4 = 22) albeit more restrictive. It also increases other stats by 8 with conditions applied. Im sure this is IS way of promoting Spur skills 

Wrathful Staff means that Hone Cavalry Horse can be a monster now with colorless offense

Distant Defense on built in DC seems interesting although Fury is probably better 

Honestly im somewhat bothered IS went all in buffs for Magical units and Horse Emblem in this one

Edited by JSND

All mages... a bit disappointed that there's no Saber or Valbar.

Celica sounds and looks real good.

Can't say I want any of the characters on this banner though. I'd rather go for Linde or Tharja on the current mage gauntlet banner.

So we're getting another new story chapter?  Nice!  Shame that Saber isn't here, but I'll still try and summon for Celica.

It's unfortunate that Wrathful Staff is a B skill, since this means you won't be able to run something like Renewal or Wings of Mercy alongside it, but I guess it's worth it if it makes healers more viable now.

22 minutes ago, JSND said:

I miss the time when Eliwood have the second best Legendary weapon in the entire game

Now Ragnarok is the second best lol

Its practically a 19 MT weapon with built in Darting Blow. All she needs is a good stats and shes the best Infantry Red Tome. Maybe you need to heal her with Reciprocal Aid or something

Eliwood can go and bury his strand of spaghetti back in that volcano, the queen is here

I was thinking of Renewal, but some form of healing is definitely necessary. I wonder if she can kill Hector without dying though.

Much prefer the Japanese voices.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

All-mage banner of all colours, as I predicted! And Celica is a mage, as she should be.

Dat staff passive. Tenth stratum Elises will never be the same.

Litrowls! Litrbudgies when?