Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's not really hurting a real person, and most people are being hyperbolic when they say they hate stuff.

Yep, it's definitely hyperbole on my part

Just now, Kaden said:

What if they're truly deserve it? Could you not hate someone who was written to be irredeemable and unsympathetic as possible?

LIKE UMBRIDGE FROM HARRY POTTER 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What if they truly deserve it? Could you not hate someone who was written to be irredeemable and unsympathetic as possible?

This just means they were well-written.

Y'know, the only time I've double-posted here was when I clicked submit reply twice because it looked like it was taking way too long to load, so to reconfirm it again. I have no idea how people are double-posting so much. Ya'll must be impatient or something. :p

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

LIKE UMBRIDGE FROM HARRY POTTER 

Is it bad that I disliked Umbridge more than Voldemort?

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Y'know, the only time I've double-posted here was when I clicked submit reply twice because it looked like it was taking way too long to load, so to reconfirm it again. I have no idea how people are double-posting so much. Ya'll must be impatient or something. :p

Serenes keeps not showing my posts as loaded after I hit submit, but when I reload the page they appear.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

1 minute ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

well considering umbridge was actually an asshole to all the characters whereas voldemort was just a murderer, probably not

Just now, pumpkinspice48 said:

No

I think it's actually understandable. We didn't really learn much about Umbridge's past and how she turned out to be so wicked. Even after she was captured by the centaurs and punished, she didn't change her ways at all and still tortured Muggle-borns. At least Voldemort... kinda... had some tragic background when growing up with his father abandoning his mother and stuff... of course that doesn't excuse anything.

Also, Umbridge is a lot more relatable because it's entirely possible to run into someone like that in real life. That smugness, arrogance, and blatant abuse of authority is bound to get under anyone's skin

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I have never once in my life clicked "submit reply" more than once for any individual post. All it takes is one click for it to double post, so I don't think that's it. It's happened to me plenty of times already :/

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

10 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I think that's generally the consensus.  I've never met a single person who liked Umbridge.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It's happened to me several times, and I never double click.  It's more likely the bigger the thread.

...Did we ever have an FE Umbridge? Most of our villians fit into the Voldemort archetype more, but I feel like we should've had one, like in Tellius's Begnion Senate.

On the other hand, I don't think Harry Potter ever delved into a Camus-type villain. Malfoy, maybe.

Thanks to the feathers from the first Voting Gauntlet round, I now have my own 5* Reinhardt! He took a couple of fights to hit 400 SP for Dire Thunder, but now that he has it, he's as deadly as promised.

I think I'll go with Death Blow 2 for his A slot. Not having a fully upgraded skill hurts, but at least he'll be the only one like that on my arena team by around the time he joins it, and I can teach him another A skill like Defiant Atk that I can get fully upgraded for if I need the points. Although he also needs to learn an assist, and a good special, and maybe a better B skill sometime... this could take a while.

Edited by Othin

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's not really hurting a real person, and most people are being hyperbolic when they say they hate stuff.

I know, I know. It's just I consider hatred an exceptionally strong feeling that can't just be thrown around like that, hyperbole or not.

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

On the other hand, I don't think Harry Potter ever delved into a Camus-type villain. Malfoy, maybe.

Well Voldemort is so obviously evil it's hard to think of why a decent person would follow him.  But I guess you could say the same thing about some Fire Emblem villains.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Percy Weasley might qualify, if we're qualifying the Camus as a loyalist who's siding with his nation out of his own sense of ethics.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Percy Weasley might qualify, if we're qualifying the Camus as a loyalist who's siding with his nation out of his own sense of ethics.

That's a good one. He joins his family in the end, but I'm fairly sure most people like to pretend the Camuses follow. I think the actual Camus does this canonically, too (which probably explains why characters like Selena and Levail are less loved).

9 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Well Voldemort is so obviously evil it's hard to think of why a decent person would follow him.  But I guess you could say the same thing about some Fire Emblem villains.

Voldemort was actually very charismatic about his ideas. Many wizards agreed with him, but they got cold feet when they realised he was a terrorist.

Fire Emblem villains, by contrast, tend to use magic to get into the power they have. Ashnard is fairly charismatic- even in PoR, Sothe states that he supports Ashnard's ideas.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Why the hate for Reinhardt?  I've never played FE5, so I have no real idea what he's like.

He's one of those Jugdral Camus that is supposed to be a Camus, except the game went out of their way to make you reconsider

I know some people do views Reinhardt as a generic Camus, but thats really how i see him.... and Ishtar

Story wise, the fight against Reinhardt is held on a bridge with a somewhat annoying spacing issue and Reinhardt is basically the penultimate boss of the chapter where he will greet you with Vantage Brave Tome while the entire enemy squad(including him) have at least 39% increase on their evasion and hitrate so its about as ridiculous as you can imagine

The fact that the game literally told you "This fucking Reinhardt is fucking impossible to beat, just cheese him" is hilarious though although in reality Reinhardt is only 25% of everything that went wrong in the chapter

Edited by JSND

ran into a fortress defense (44 defense!!!!) corrin-f in the training tower and the only reason i could scratch her is because my arthurs had emerald axe. and i still couldn't win because she still had draconic aura and would win every single damage race. The 4th was cain, who has been as useless as he's been since mid-february sadly

1 hour ago, JSND said:

The fact that the game literally told you "This fucking Reinhardt is fucking impossible to beat, just cheese him" is hilarious though although in reality Reinhardt is only 25% of everything that went wrong in the chapter

If they do somehow give us Saias, I wonder how they'll translate his Leadership Stars. What if they gave him a Goad for Infantry

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if they gave him a Goad for Infantry

That would be cool, actually. He will be reasonably rare due to being red, so it might balance itself.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That would be cool, actually. He will be reasonably rare due to being red, so it might balance itself.

Then the whales do the stacking thing, and it all goes to hell for Ice Dragon.

ok quick question I am running currently the following horse-emblem team:

Xander:
Weapon: Siegfried
Assist Skill: Reposition
Special: Aether
Slot A: Heavy Blade 3
Slot B: Quick Riposte 3
Slot C: Fortify Cavalry
Seal: Atk +1
Role: Bait out Melees/Bow Users on Defensiv Tiles and heal himself with Aether after one round of being attacked with Quick Riposte/Heavy Blade (works like a charm). Avoid mages at all costs to bait ¬.¬, also Julia Counter/bait, can deal perfectly with Hector, Takumi, etc. looses terribily to Azura Saphir Lance + and wings of mercy AVOID and Brave Lance users(or kill her fast). Exells extremly well on Defensiv Tiles becomeing a irremovable wall that heals himself constantly every 2. Round while killing on the passiv side

Cecilia:
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Assist Skill: Draw Back
Special: Moonbow
Slot A: Close Counter
Slot B: Vantage
Slot C: Hone Cavalry
Seal: SPD+1
Role: Nuke Power, just blast everything to the moon that is a Blue or Green or Colorless unit (depending on their skillsets), Reinhardt counter

Reinhardt:
Weapon: Barblade +
Assist Skill: Reposition
Special: MoonBow
Slot B: Vantage
Slot C: Fortify Cavalry
Seal: HP+3
Role: Nuke Power, just blast everything that is Red or Blue or Colorless

Leo:
Weapon:Raorblade +
Assist Skill: Pivot
Special: MoonBow
Slot B: Quick Riposte
Slot C: Hone Cavalry
Seal: None
Role: Bait for some melees and green mages,

Now i got Ursula (missed it the last time) and i am thinking of giving Reinhardt up for an Ursuala Barblade + built due to her stat spread, yes her attack isnt that great and her defense is kinda well a** but her spead and res are very good and Barblade+ would make up for her weakpoint being attack (altough its nice that reinhard can tank physical dmg units to some degree)

Also thinking about swaping Leo out for Priscilla if i get the B Healer passiv on the next banner. Leo kinda lacks punching power due to his low atk and low speed (but nice defensiv stats).

Thoughts recommendations?

6 hours ago, JSND said:

That's funny

How did the game say that, specifically? Was it through someone else's dialogue, or did a dialogue box pop up lol

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

That's funny

How did the game say that, specifically? Was it through someone else's dialogue, or did a dialogue box pop up lol

Through a village's dialogue. Said village gives you a Warp staff, and this particular map is a Seize map where Reinhardt is not the throne boss.

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

That's funny

Through a village's dialogue. Said village gives you a Warp staff, and this particular map is a Seize map where Reinhardt is not the throne boss.