Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

57 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Has anyone ever used GHB heroes for inheritance? Want to sacrifice Ursula to give Nino Threaten Res 3, but not sure if it's worth it (I don't like Ursula at all lol)

I 4-starred Narcian to make his GHB quest easier, then immediately fed him to Reinhardt afterward for Lancebreaker 3. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Threaten skills have never seemed very useful for me, at least not at high-level play. I might use extra copies of Narcian and f!Robin for their Breaker skills at some point, though.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Threaten skills have never seemed very useful for me, at least not at high-level play. I might use extra copies of Narcian and f!Robin for their Breaker skills at some point, though.

They have their niche uses. If you're good enough with positioning (which has been made easier now that everyone can inherit positioning assists), you can often Threaten a melee enemy unit without being in range of attack by ending the turn two squares away from they'll end their turn (which you can usually ascertain if you know how to manipulate the AI). 

But overall I much prefer the team utility offered by Hone/Fortify/Spur skills instead. 

Seal skills are completely useless at high level play though.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

44 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Seal skills are completely useless at high level play though. for squares.

Come on Amph, you know you could have worded that way better ;)

59 minutes ago, Othin said:

Seal skills are for squares, threaten skills are nyeh. I find they're only good for doing events and such, like maybe using a certain unit just for their threaten because another unit needs it to get the kill or something

In the arena, they're not exactly the greatest XD

Not saying this is some hot, unexplored meta, but I like threaten atk on slow infantry melee, and threaten atk or res on bulky manaketes. Neither of which are firing up the top level play from what I'm hearing. Threaten skills are worthless against enemy two range units however since you can't debuff them without tanking a hit. For slow melee units, you can take 10 less damage from better melee units, which is pretty good for giving up a team-oriented C skill as opposed to a game breaking A or B. As for manaketes, they tend to be bulky enough to tank hits (or encourage tanking with Lightning Breath Counter) that the Res or Atk debuff is appreciated as enemies line up single file based on terrain. Combine Threaten Res and the AOE Attack and Speed debuffs of Dark Breath and you've got 15 relevant stat points stripped away. Your 5 star manakete is suddenly up against 3 stars.

Edited by Gustavos

I've got threaten attack on my -atk Ike in a effort to make heavy blade more generally useful on the enemy phase in particular, and while I'm not great at calculations and the like I don't think it's hurt. 

I also put threaten speed on my Seliph +spd ages ago. Who also has fury2 and that +1 speed seal giving him 30 speed. The threaten speed debuff lets him avoid a lot more doubles and even get in a few of his own which is nice. 

Probably not the best overall way to go but it's worked for me so far. 

11 hours ago, JSND said:

Is this mainly about Distant Counter being not all that good that its worth the CD punishment AND Mt hit? 

I kinda wondered since i thought up of building some Dragons and mainly comes up with LB+ on most of them lol

IS thinks CD is worth 4 MT each, and Lightning Breath takes a 4MT hit on top of that.

Almost everything turns to shit if you staple -8 MT to it. (Brave weapons being excepted because they're just that good.)

That said, part of it is also because dragons don't have a lot of variance in spreads---Fae, Nowi, and Y!Tiki have basically the same spread, so there's really only 4 choices to choose from. A!Tiki doesn't want +Cd because her low speed means she wants QR Bonfire to kill things. The lolicon trio do decent with Lightning Breath, but get locked into using things like T-Adept and QR to make up for the lowered damage (and their own low speed)---this means their viable builds aren't that many. F!Corrin likes lightning breath: She has nice speed, excellent bulk, but the -4MT makes her cry, and the +1cd means she can't even use specials to patch it up. Ninian doesn't really care what weapon she uses, since her Atk is really low regardless. (TA & Lightning does let her bait mages, but even red mages should be hard to kill due to their high Res.)

11 hours ago, JSND said:

Is this mainly about Distant Counter being not all that good that its worth the CD punishment AND Mt hit? 

I kinda wondered since i thought up of building some Dragons and mainly comes up with LB+ on most of them lol

IS thinks CD is worth 4 MT each, and Lightning Breath takes a 4MT hit on top of that.

Almost everything turns to shit if you staple -8 MT to it. (Brave weapons being excepted because they're just that good.)

That said, part of it is also because dragons don't have a lot of variance in spreads---Fae, Nowi, and Y!Tiki have basically the same spread, so there's really only 4 choices to choose from. A!Tiki doesn't want +Cd because her low speed means she wants QR Bonfire to kill things. The lolicon trio do decent with Lightning Breath, but get locked into using things like T-Adept and QR to make up for the lowered damage (and their own low speed)---this means their viable builds aren't that many. F!Corrin likes lightning breath: She has nice speed, excellent bulk, but the -4MT makes her cry, and the +1cd means she can't even use specials to patch it up. Ninian doesn't really care what weapon she uses, since her Atk is really low regardless. (TA & Lightning does let her bait mages, but even red mages should be hard to kill due to their high Res.)

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My Celica was just asserting herself as the alpha Celica. I didn't do anything meng.

Excuse you, but I'm fairly certain my +Spd Celica is superior to your Celica.

Speak up. I want to here you over these explosions running off 50 Atk before any bonuses.

I'm just gonna leave this here for you.

Spoiler

96pio5H.png

13 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ninian doesn't really care what weapon she uses, since her Atk is really low regardless. (TA & Lightning does let her bait mages, but even red mages should be hard to kill due to their high Res.)

If you forgo a mobility passive B skill and use Quick Riposte, neutral-Atk Ninian kills Fury Tharja and Fury Celica as well as the non-Fury versions of all other red mages not named Leo or Sanaki.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm just gonna leave this here for you.

Reveal hidden contents

96pio5H.png

I don't have L&D on my Celica IDOUT

I still have Distant Def because I'm holding out for the day Swift Sparrow becomes more accessible. Swift Sparrow still lets me tank your hit btw, even if your Celica was +2.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @MaskedAmpharos and here my Sharena is crying all alone :(

It's okay, maybe she'll come visit me someday.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't have L&D on my Celica IDOUT

I still have Distant Def because I'm holding out for the day Swift Sparrow becomes more accessible. Swift Sparrow still lets me tank your hit btw, even if your Celica was +2.

Out of curiosity, what set are you planning to eventually run on your Celica?

Once again, envious that people have other red mages than starter Raigh and Sophia. :p

Please at least give me not -Atk Henry, Lilina, or Tharja when I summon the bride banner tomorrow. Maybe Celica, Leo, or Sanaki if you're generous. *cue the part where no red orbs show up again*

Your Celica visits my castle sometimes, but she doesn’t stay for long :(

And Amphy’s Celica visits even more seldom; it almost never happens.

Guess I should just boot all the non-Celica peeps from my friend list.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Once again, envious that people have other red mages than starter Raigh and Sophia. :p

Sophia is a total boss at tanking greens, though. (Admittedly, you do have to feed her 2 Henrys.) If Sophia were a bonus character every season, she would probably never leave my team.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Out of curiosity, what set are you planning to eventually run on your Celica?

Just Swift Sparrow Renewal. L&D is probably optimal or something, but screw that.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Your Celica visits my castle sometimes, but she doesn’t stay for long :(

And Amphy’s Celica visits even more seldom; it almost never happens.

Guess I should just boot all the non-Celica peeps from my friend list.

Well, she stays long enough for your Sharena to gawk or something. And maybe a quick chat...