Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I like me some free characters with counter. Gimme.

I wonder if there's any info on returning GHB's as well? I know it's at least a week or two early to be asking but I expect Michalis is next and he's the only one left I didn't complete the hard/lunatic mode for, I think.

Edited by Gustavos

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Camus is here earlier than expected. I was ready to use this week's arena feathers to upgrade Alfonse, but it looks like he's sitting out another round. Seems he won't be a bonus unit again until July, so that's plenty of time to save up feathers, even in the event that I don't have someone better to use for that rotation. Although I do want to get him upgraded sometime soonish so I won't have to worry about that anymore. But further work on the cavalry team comes first.

On an unrelated note, it turns out that "Camus" is one typo away from "Samus".

I wonder if they held off on Camus's GHB to be after the international Echoes release?

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Dataminers found something interesting:

skIQgBb.png

Potentially new orbs types or something...?

I don't know what those things are but dang they are pretty!

Maybe they have something to do with the whole "golden orb" thing.

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

skIQgBb.png

It kind of looks like someone took a picture of a hurricane in action and put it inside a summoning orb.

chipchocolat just said the orbs are duds. Give him some time to confirm it though.

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That feeling when you realize you don't have a level 40 Olivia because you've had Azura for the entire duration of the account.

firstworldproblems.jpg

Lol, I raised both of the free Olivias provided to level 40, plus a third. One day they'll release a 4 star dancer. One day.

Also, guys, those clearly aren't orbs. They're marbles. Now hurry up and get some of your own so we can play Marbles.

38 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That feeling when you realize you don't have a level 40 Olivia because you've had Azura for the entire duration of the account.

firstworldproblems.jpg

Haha same. Guess I should start training mine up. 

45 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

firstworldproblems.jpg

That feel when you realize Olivia can't learn Fortify Dragons...

34 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Is Vortex the permadeath event or are these two things completely unrelated? Either way, I'm totally psyched for the new game mode. 

They're the same thing.

Come to think of it, is "Battle Vortex" an official translation or a fan translation? I mean, "Battle Vortex" is one way to translate it, but doing so is weeby the equivalent of translating 火山 as "fire mountain" instead of "volcano".

44 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

skIQgBb.png

They could just be updated summoning orb images, so let's not get too excited. I'm interested to find out what they are for sure though!

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Come to think of it, is "Battle Vortex" an official translation or a fan translation? I mean, "Battle Vortex" is one way to translate it, but doing so is weeby the equivalent of translating 火山 as "fire mountain" instead of "volcano".

I mean, if it's a place called 火山 then 'fire mountain' would be way more accurate than 'volcano'. A volcano is a mountain that's on fire, but not all (fantasy) mountains that are on fire are volcanoes.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fan translation I think, pretty sure no official English source has mentioned the mode by name. Not even sure what else you'd call it based on the JP name, I was using Classic Mode beforehand on account of permadeath.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, if it's a place called 火山 then 'fire mountain' would be way more accurate than 'volcano'. A volcano is a mountain that's on fire, but not all (fantasy) mountains that are on fire are volcanoes.

Naming a place "火山" in Japanese is exactly the equivalent of naming a place "Volcano" in English. If you wanted "fire mountain" instead of "volcano", you'd do something like 火の山, literally "mountain of fire".

It's like translating "ice cream" into Spanish as "hielo crema" or "crema de hielo" instead of "helado". Like, just because we aren't using the Latin character set suddenly translating word-by-word is valid?

1 minute ago, a bear said:

Fan translation I think, pretty sure no official English source has mentioned the mode by name. Not even sure what else you'd call it based on the JP name, I was using Classic Mode beforehand on account of permadeath.

It appears to be an actual progression-based "tower" of sorts rather than just a "classic mode", so I don't think "classic mode" really fits.

As for the name, it's called 戦渦の連戦 which doesn't really translate succinctly into English. "Sequential/consecutive battles of the chaos/turmoil of war" is about as close as I can get with my piss-poor SAT/GRE vocabulary.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It appears to be an actual progression-based "tower" of sorts rather than just a "classic mode", so I don't think "classic mode" really fits.

We'll see about that once the Fighting Polygon Team shows up

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Naming a place "火山" in Japanese is exactly the equivalent of naming a place "Volcano" in English. If you wanted "fire mountain" instead of "volcano", you'd do something like 火の山, literally "mountain of fire".

It's like translating "ice cream" into Spanish as "hielo crema" or "crema de hielo" instead of "helado". Like, just because we aren't using the Latin character set suddenly translating word-by-word is valid?

*Shrugg* My Japanese knowledge is strictly limited to loan words from Chinese. Where we don't really use words like 'of' all that much. (We have a word for it, but we just don't bother. So 火山 can be 'volcano,' a mountain related to fire, or just a really neat name for a place that's slightly hot and slightly high up. 山火 would then be fire on a mountain. (Not sure if you'd call it 山の火 or something. ))

Edit:

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for the name, it's called 戦渦の連戦 which doesn't really translate succinctly into English. "Sequential/consecutive battles of the chaos/turmoil of war" is about as close as I can get with my piss-poor SAT/GRE vocabulary.

That's how I would translate it if I ignore the 'of' and the characters were Chinese: "Consecutive bouts in the chaos of battle!" (Which would be a pretty bitching name for an episode of an anime. Something like: 'Morgan Awakens: Consecutive bouts, chaotic fight!"

Edited by DehNutCase

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

I wouldnt count out Dragon units yet, They only got one Fortify Dragon C Passive and as soon as the other 3 Fortify/Ward Passives drop for Dragon units they will unleash hell. This is prolly one of the reason why they are holding back on introducing them because... Well you have a full Emblem Team WITH a capable Dancer. But at some point they will give in on those C-Slot Passives and then the Emblem Wars start.

Goad Dragons: Ena/Gareth.

Hone Dragons: Nasir

Ward Dragons: Kurthnaga.

Spoiler

The Tide skills from Radiant Dawn are more Goad/Ward than Hone/Fortify, but this makes sense... I think...