Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Yeah this game and maybe Pokémon Go are where any and all iTunes gift cards I get are going for the foreseeable future. Ah man I would love to get Ninian. I only got Lucius from the original Elibe banner and he has served me well despite being relegated to healer. I got lucky and pulled Azura during the hero fest, but now both she and Olivia are long since maxed out on hero merit and I want more variety damn it!

To be fair Chrom should ideally only be taking the occasional green t-adept mage at worst, and killing them before they can hit him at all at best. 

Thats definently fair, hone's and fortifies are by far the easiest thing to utilize unless a Legion is running around. 

As much as my Olivia has carried me through this game, it would be nice to have another option for a refresher. I do have a spare Olivia that I had to level up to beat Clarisse's infernal map (thanks Mkv, your video helped a lot), but a secondary dancer would still be nice. She's also hit her max hero merit, so I don't get any feathers from her anymore!

Right, that makes sense! That said, it would be nice if characters can survive when I do something extremely stupid. A good example of this would be my Reinhardt, poor guy has to tank so many physical attacks because of my incompetency but he usually manages.

Oh, and panic ploy. I don't think too many people would have it, since Luke stayed a 5-star unit, but still!

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Not that I’m against a +1 Sharena, you know.

Nor I, but the lines for Alfie and Sharena visiting another castle draw attention to the fact that there is only one of them in their home dimension- at the very least, they would sound really suspect with a duplicate.

I'm not against a free Hinoka for Flyer Emblem's viability.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Nor I, but the lines for Alfie and Sharena visiting another castle draw attention to the fact that there is only one of them in their home dimension- at the very least, they would sound really suspect with a duplicate.

I'm not against a free Hinoka for Flyer Emblem's viability.

I wonder whether there will eventually be some kind of +1 token for the story units, at least for the Askran Trio.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

As much as my Olivia has carried me through this game, it would be nice to have another option for a refresher. I do have a spare Olivia that I had to level up to beat Clarisse's infernal map (thanks Mkv, your video helped a lot), but a secondary dancer would still be nice. She's also hit her max hero merit, so I don't get any feathers from her anymore!

Right, that makes sense! That said, it would be nice if characters can survive when I do something extremely stupid. A good example of this would be my Reinhardt, poor guy has to tank so many physical attacks because of my incompetency but he usually manages.

Oh, and panic ploy. I don't think too many people would have it, since Luke stayed a 5-star unit, but still!

I have no idea how people could beat Clarisse's infernal without multiple dancers. I really hope a green dancer gets introduced soon. We are in sore need of one. 

Poor Reinhardt lol. I have had a similar problem with letting Soren tank physical hits which is extremely bad because he now has Life and Death 3 and a whooping 12 defense! 

Ah yes I kind of forget about Panic Ploy! That is another thing to watchout for now a days. Good thing Luke is still rare and that I don't usually try to think about that stuff at three in the morning. :P

Another sword unit through Tobin? Wasn't he implied to be an archer or something in Echoes? It would have made more sense for Gray who actually appeared as a mercenary on his Cipher card to be the sword unit than Tobin and I'd rather have a mage Kliff.

Part of me feels like Gray is going to end up as a mage who makes Odin look competent and Kliff will be a cavalier who ends up with Jagen's stat spread, but better because actual BST instead of having a ranged infantry's BST for some reason. 

I know we just got 2 new archers recently, but that's a whole lot less than the 30-some sword units in Heroes. Man, I'm imagining a bootleg Alm with sword infantry Tobin. No access to Falchion or boons and banes and no other skills like masked Lucina. Basically, Laslow as a villager, but absolutely no starting niche to set him apart from Alfonse, Chrom, and Seliph. Hey, at least he'll have higher BST because he's a villager...

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sharena in my castle and visiting Sharenas interact off-screen and don’t cause paradoxes.

BUSTED

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Another sword unit through Tobin? Wasn't he implied to be an archer or something in Echoes? It would have made more sense for Gray who actually appeared as a mercenary on his Cipher card to be the sword unit than Tobin and I'd rather have a mage Kliff.

Part of me feels like Gray is going to end up as a mage who makes Odin look competent and Kliff will be a cavalier who ends up with Jagen's stat spread, but better because actual BST instead of having a ranged infantry's BST for some reason. 

I know we just got 2 new archers recently, but that's a whole lot less than the 30-some sword units in Heroes. Man, I'm imagining a bootleg Alm with sword infantry Tobin. No access to Falchion or boons and banes and no other skills like masked Lucina. Basically, Laslow as a villager, but absolutely no starting niche to set him apart from Alfonse, Chrom, and Seliph. Hey, at least he'll have higher BST because he's a villager...

Cav Kliff is actually pretty decent in Echoes lel.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena in my castle and visiting Sharenas interact off-screen and don’t cause paradoxes.

BUSTED

Because when people visit castles they cast protection magic on themselves first.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Because when people visit castles they cast protection magic on themselves first.

Now you’re stretching it, twisting truth for your selfish ends. What are these, anyway?

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Funny enough Jagen actually have a pretty ok stats spread. Had he become a generic with 33 ATK, he would be pretty cool

Edited by JSND

11 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I have no idea how people could beat Clarisse's infernal without multiple dancers. I really hope a green dancer gets introduced soon. We are in sore need of one. 

Poor Reinhardt lol. I have had a similar problem with letting Soren tank physical hits which is extremely bad because he now has Life and Death 3 and a whooping 12 defense! 

Ah yes I kind of forget about Panic Ploy! That is another thing to watchout for now a days. Good thing Luke is still rare and that I don't usually try to think about that stuff at three in the morning. :P

Any idea on which currently existing refresher unit could be a green dancer? I've heard people mention Nils as a possible green dragon, which I'd really like, but I don't foresee any new Elibe characters being added anytime soon.

I'm a bit impressed because despite being slow and a bit frail, Reinhardt is able to hold onto 2 HP or something. And being +res he can actually deal with some magical attacks. Wow, 12 defense, that's even worse than my -def Sanaki! His resistance is still acceptable though?

Funny thing is that until the tempest trials I never really thought much about buffs on blade tomes or panic. But now that I've seen how much both are capable of, it will definitely be interesting to see how people will use that to their advantage.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Cav Kliff is actually pretty decent in Echoes lel.

Yeah, I know, but it's like the developers are trying to do surprise stuff with the Echoes villagers. Faye can't be an archer because it's gender-locked? Surprise! She's an archer in Heroes. We left hints in the game to class Gray into a mercenary, Kliff into a mage, and Tobin into an archer? Surprise! Gray's an archer, Kliff's a a cavalier, and Tobin's a mercenary in Heroes.

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

Funny enough Jagen actually have a pretty ok stats spread. Had he become a generic with 33 ATK, he would be pretty cool

Well, yeah, but getting screwed out of 2 to 7 stat points kind of made it worse for him. He could have had more of any stat. 2 points into attack would have be pretty good to give him average attack and you could get it up to 32 with just Fury 3, his default A-skill. They could have just dumped 7 points into resistance and we could laugh knowing this old man has 42 base neutral resistance.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s too mean. You should stop dealing with Kagero, she is a bad influence.

Are you saying she's toxic? badumtss

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I know, but it's like the developers are trying to do surprise stuff with the Echoes villagers. Faye can't be an archer because it's gender-locked? Surprise! She's an archer in Heroes. We left hints in the game to class Gray into a mercenary, Kliff into a mage, and Tobin into an archer? Surprise! Gray's an archer, Kliff's a a cavalier, and Tobin's a mercenary in Heroes.

I think Tobin's just in his Villager form, not a Merc.

@DarkLordIvy My Infernal strat (and the only one I bothered coming up with) had no dancers lol.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, yeah, but getting screwed out of 2 to 7 stat points kind of made it worse for him. He could have had more of any stat. 2 points into attack would have be pretty good to give him average attack and you could get it up to 33 with just Fury 3, his default A-skill. They could have just dumped 7 points into resistance and we could laugh knowing this old man has 42 base neutral resistance.

42 Base Neutral res would let him run DC and hard counter Red Magi with less than 60 ATK, followed by a really fucking strong Glacies the next turn which is pretty cool

Granted its not on the level of great that is Gunter and Frederick. Gunter manage to become one of Horse Emblem better units despite his BST simply because the distribution is so good

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

this old man has 42 base neutral resistance

Even though he had flat 0 in his original game. Anything can change!

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Are you saying she's toxic? badumtss

Bad Satsuma, bad!

Literally the only reason Jagen had that much res is because Archanean Paladin in remake are the res counterpart to Dracoknight(Pegasus loses 6 res while Paladin get 6 Res) which is kinda funny since Archanean Res is the biggest joke even in remake

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Any idea on which currently existing refresher unit could be a green dancer? I've heard people mention Nils as a possible green dragon, which I'd really like, but I don't foresee any new Elibe characters being added anytime soon.

I'm a bit impressed because despite being slow and a bit frail, Reinhardt is able to hold onto 2 HP or something. And being +res he can actually deal with some magical attacks. Wow, 12 defense, that's even worse than my -def Sanaki! His resistance is still acceptable though?

Funny thing is that until the tempest trials I never really thought much about buffs on blade tomes or panic. But now that I've seen how much both are capable of, it will definitely be interesting to see how people will use that to their advantage.

Other than Nils the only other characters I can think of to fill the niesh would maaaaabye be the Herons, but they seem more likely to be colorless one way or the other. Maybe Lewyn maybe? He's a bard right? He could be a green mage refresh unit. That could be pretty cool!

Wow good job Reinhardt! Hanging in at the edge of death. Yeah that 12 def has hurt me more than once and it haven't been that low for a full day! Unfortunately, my Soren is -res so LaD3 leaves him with the same amount of reisistance as Chrom, so I now have to be super careful about where I leave him at the end of player phase. :D

I like how the Tempest Trials force you to think outside your normal strategy like that. The first one got me to use my Linde who had been hanging around collecting dust for months and she has turned out to be fantastic!

@JSND ah that's right I completely forgot about that strategy! Woops!

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@DarkLordIvy My Infernal strat (and the only one I bothered coming up with) had no dancers lol.

You have more willpower than I!

it is also almost 4am and I should get some sleep before I start misspelling everything. Goodnight everybody!

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, yeah, but getting screwed out of 2 to 7 stat points kind of made it worse for him. He could have had more of any stat. 2 points into attack would have be pretty good to give him average attack and you could get it up to 32 with just Fury 3, his default A-skill. They could have just dumped 7 points into resistance and we could laugh knowing this old man has 42 base neutral resistance.

Where were the hints for the other villagers? I only know about Tobin's archery practice in Ram Village. 

Even then, back then I mixed up Tobin and Kliff and thought Kliff was Tobin so Kliff became an archer. Granted he's still very good as my go-to archer, although Tobin became a somewhat meh cavalier. 

30 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I managed with Xander + Camus's Goad Cavalry buffs and Nino+Olivia. Took a few tries but it is doable if you could bait Clarisse away from other units so the chokepoint isn't as bad.

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Any idea on which currently existing refresher unit could be a green dancer?

Ninian should have been green. I exceed my ability to even trying to comprehend why she was made blue.
How can Eliwood one-shot her with his Durandal now? He can’t, that’s how.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Where were the hints for the other villagers? I only know about Tobin's archery practice in Ram Village. 

A scorch mark on Mycen's house and a broken fence.

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Other than Nils the only other characters I can think of to fill the niesh would maaaaabye be the Herons, but they seem more likely to be colorless one way or the other. Maybe Lewyn maybe? He's a bard right? He could be a green mage refresh unit. That could be pretty cool!

Wow good job Reinhardt! Hanging in at the edge of death. Yeah that 12 def has hurt me more than once and it haven't been that low for a full day! Unfortunately, my Soren is -res so LaD3 leaves him with the same amount of reisistance as Chrom, so I now have to be super careful about where I leave him at the end of player phase. :D

I like how the Tempest Trials force you to think outside your normal strategy like that. The first one got me to use my Linde who had been hanging around collecting dust for months and she has turned out to be fantastic!

Lewyn might be an interesting choice, since he even is associated with wind magic. I haven't played FE4, so correct me if I'm wrong, but was Lewyn an actual refresher unit in FE4? Or is it just because his unit name is bard?

Oh wow, poor -res Soren who has the same amount of resistance as +res Chrom XD I'm not sure if that's a new low for Soren, or a new high for Chrom.

Same here, yeah, I ended up using my Linde so much that I've pretty much finished everything I wanted to do with her by this point. Maybe except giving her a new assist skill. I also ended up maxing out hero merit on Sharena and Fae, and quite a few characters got a lot of HM as well from the tempest. Looking forward to getting more hero feathers.

Night!

EDIT: @Vaximillian Lol, harsh.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ninian should have been green. I exceed my ability to even trying to comprehend why she was made blue.
How can Eliwood one-shot her with his Durandal now? He can’t, that’s how.

Vax plz Eliwood does at least one round Ninian. He actually win against Ninian 1v1

Eliwood gains 4 attack by initiating combat [Durandal].

Eliwood attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 23 damage dealt.
Ninian HP: 42 → 19

Ninian counter-attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. 12 damage dealt.
Eliwood HP: 39 → 27

Eliwood makes a follow-up attack. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 23 damage dealt.
Ninian HP: 19 → 0

Edited by JSND