Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lewyn might be an interesting choice, since he even is associated with wind magic. I haven't played FE4, so correct me if I'm wrong, but was Lewyn an actual refresher unit in FE4? Or is it just because his unit name is bard?

Yes, Jugdrali bards are just mages with preference of wind (Lewyn) and light (Homer). They play music off-screen and in their backstory, but in-game there are dancers.

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Vax plz Eliwood does one shot Ninian. He actually win against Ninian 1v1

OR != OH, you know.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, Jugdrali bards are just mages with preference of wind (Lewyn) and light (Homer). They play music off-screen and in their backstory, but in-game there are dancers.

Without full buff?

Without any buff, Eliwood beats her 1v1. Eliwood 4HKO Ninian on counter, 3HKO on initiation. Ninian 4HKO Eliwood regardless. This means Eliwood have a perfect match up against Ninian

With just Hone Cavalry, a +SPD Eliwood ORKO neutral Ninian

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Aha, I see. So they don't actually function as in-game refreshers, but have justification in-lore to maybe be considered as refresher units in Heroes?

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Without any buff, Eliwood beats her 1v1

With just Hone Cavalry, a +SPD Eliwood ORKO neutral Ninian

Buffs, schmuffs. No buffs, neutral nature, final destination! (am I doing it right?)

• Eliwood gains 4 attack by initiating combat [Durandal].
  • Eliwood attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 18 damage dealt. 
    Ninian HP: 42 → 24
  • Ninian counter-attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. 12 damage dealt. 
    Eliwood HP: 39 → 27

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Buffs, schmuffs. No buffs, neutral nature, final destination! (am I doing it right?)

• Eliwood attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 18 damage dealt. 
    Ninian HP: 42 → 24
  • Ninian counter-attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. 12 damage dealt. 

Yeah thats the calcs

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Aha, I see. So they don't actually function as in-game refreshers, but have justification in-lore to maybe be considered as refresher units in Heroes?

No idea, really. Are there any other characters that play music? If so, even they can be made into refreshers if IS so wills it.

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Yeah thats the calcs

A +Def Ninian survives a Hone Cav +Spd Eliwood, actually:

• Eliwood attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 20 damage dealt. 
    Ninian HP: 42 → 22
  • Eliwood makes a follow-up attack. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 20 damage dealt. 
    Ninian HP: 22 → 2
Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No idea, really. Are there any other character that play music in their leisure time? If so, even they can be made into refreshers if IS so wills it.

A +Def Ninian survives a Hone Cav +Spd Eliwood, actually:

• Eliwood attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 20 damage dealt. 
    Ninian HP: 42 → 22
  • Eliwood makes a follow-up attack. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 20 damage dealt. 
    Ninian HP: 22 → 2

uhhh lets pretend Durandal in Elibe have Dragon slaying or something.

I really hope Homeros becomes a refresher unit. I really want more male refreshers, and I imagine he'd not be too bad as a unit. I just don't know how Elphin is going to fight, since he is meant to still be pretty weak from that assassination attempt, if I recall... Maybe he could use magic, too?

And add Nils, too. I hope, if they do, they add his little bard dance. It was just adorable :D

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No idea, really. Are there any other characters that play music? If so, even they can be made into refreshers if IS so wills it.

Nils and Elphin (or whatever his name is) from FE6. Although ... while Nils can easily be made into a dragon like Ninian, Elphin (and the other GBA refreshers) don't have any weapons associated with them, so ...

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

uhhh lets pretend Durandal in Elibe have Dragon slaying or something.

A neutral Eliwood doesn’t even OHKO a hypothetical green Ninian, lol. Pathetic.
Elibe Durandal must have dragon-slaying or something.

• Eliwood attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. 36 damage dealt. 
    Fae HP: 42 → 6
  • Fae counter-attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 5 damage dealt. 
    Eliwood HP: 39 → 34

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I really hope Homeros becomes a refresher unit. I really want more male refreshers, and I imagine he'd not be too bad as a unit. I just don't know how Elphin is going to fight, since he is meant to still be pretty weak from that assassination attempt, if I recall... Maybe he could use magic, too?

And add Nils, too. I hope, if they do, they add his little bard dance. It was just adorable :D

Homeros is literally just a really good Est back in FE5

@SatsumaFSoysoy, fine, villager with a sword.

32 minutes ago, JSND said:

Granted its not on the level of great that is Gunter and Frederick. Gunter manage to become one of Horse Emblem better units despite his BST simply because the distribution is so good

Well, it also helps that a lot of cavalry units want Hone Cavalry more than Fortify and that Gunter's stat spread is very close to Frederick's, but lower because he's old. If lower BST like that is a way to say he's old, than Jagen's like old and dying with the closest character I can think of being Eliwood as being his younger self, except Eliwood has 7 more stat points and 4 from resistance dumped into HP, attack, and speed.

Giving 2 to 4 more stats to emulate Gunter's 150 BST or 3 less to Frederick could have made Jagen the slower, but tankier Eliwood. 39 HP, 24 Spd, 25 Def, and 35 Res with +2 points or something like 37 HP, 24 Spd, 29 Def, and 35 Res if all 4 were dumped into defense to Eliwood's 39 HP, 28 Spd, 23 Def, and 32 Res. You could probably go for a +Def, -Res Jagen for 32 defense and resistance. You'd have to solve his speed issue somehow, but he'd be a hell of a tank. Give him a Sapphire Lance and he'd wall out reds like no tomorrow while it and Fury 3 fixes his lower attack -- he's already in Sully and Titania's attack range -- and further improves his bulk against them. Or give him DC to laugh at red mages or L&D3 for similar reasons as why you would give Selena and maybe summer F!Robin L&D. Fortify Cavalry for this hypothetical neutral Jagen would have 35 defense and 41 resistance or effective 45 defense and 53 resistance on a defense tile both before Fury 3.

Well, whatever. It's not going to happen and it sucks since his art like the other Yamada Akihiro art is amazing. Speaking of whom, kind of wished a summer banner character was drawn by him. Imagine summer Frederick in his art style. Glorious. Simply glorious.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Nils and Elphin (or whatever his name is) from FE6. Although ... while Nils can easily be made into a dragon like Ninian, Elphin (and the other GBA refreshers) don't have any weapons associated with them, so ...

Well, Nils and Elffin already function as refreshers in their games. I mean those who don’t.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy, fine, villager with a sword.

Well, it also helps that a lot of cavalry units want Hone Cavalry more than Fortify and that Gunter's stat spread is very close to Frederick's, but lower because he's old. If lower BST like that is a way to say he's old, than Jagen's like old and dying with the closest character I can think of being Eliwood as being his younger self, except Eliwood has 7 more stat points and 4 from resistance dumped into HP, attack, and speed.

Giving 2 to 4 more stats to emulate Gunter's 150 BST or 3 less to Frederick could have made Jagen the slower, but tankier Eliwood. 39 HP, 24 Spd, 25 Def, and 35 Res with +2 points or something like 37 HP, 24 Spd, 29 Def, and 35 Res if all 4 were dumped into defense to Eliwood's 39 HP, 28 Spd, 23 Def, and 32 Res. You could probably go for a +Def, -Res Jagen for 32 defense and resistance. You'd have to solve his speed issue somehow, but he'd be a hell of a tank. Give him a Sapphire Lance and he'd wall out reds like no tomorrow while it and Fury 3 fixes his lower attack -- he's already in Sully and Titania's attack range -- and further improves his bulk against them. Or give him DC to laugh at red mages or L&D3 for similar reasons as why you would give Selena and maybe summer F!Robin L&D. Fortify Cavalry for this hypothetical neutral Jagen would give him 35 defense and 41 resistance or effective 45 defense and 53 resistance on a defense tile both before Fury 3.

Well, whatever. It's not going to happen and it sucks since his art like the other Yamada Akihiro art is amazing. Speaking of whom, kind of wished a summer banner character was drawn by him. Imagine summer Frederick in his art style. Glorious. Simply glorious.

I mean Eliwood does get weaker in his young age lol

The teenager Eliwood in FE7 is slightly stronger than Hector(he won 17 duel out of 30 which they had so that should be the implication)

Prime Age Eliwood in FE6 was regarded as the strongest human in Elibe, who's sickness caused a power vacuum in Lycia

Also yeah Yamada Akihiro's art is sick

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, Nils and Elffin already function as refreshers in their games. I mean those who don’t.

Oh, lol. In that case, I'm not really sure!

1 minute ago, JSND said:

I mean Eliwood does get weaker in his young age lol

The teenager Eliwood in FE7 is slightly stronger than Hector(he won 17 duel out of 30 which they had so that should be the implication)

Prime Age Eliwood in FE6 was regarded as the strongest human in Elibe, who's sickness caused a power vacuum in Lycia

Meanwhile, Wrys with the same BST as all the other healers while being thrice to quadruple their ages. Who's the strongest healer now? The young whippersnappers or the old man keeping up without breaking a sweat? :P

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Brady in Awakening is a violinist (and got his scar from a snapped violin string as a kid). Would be better than being just another healer. Also Dancer!Inigo when

Elise also plays the violin and Sakura the koto in their supports with each other. Maybe a special event Elise (or for being a gauntlet winner if they one day do special gauntlet versions)

Shigure sings and rides a pegasus. Flying refresher would be amazing (and probably broken).

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Brady in Awakening is a violinist (and got his scar from a snapped violin string as a kid). Would be better than being just another healer. Also Dancer!Inigo when

Elise also plays the violin and Sakura the koto in their supports with each other. Maybe a special event Elise (or for being a gauntlet winner if they one day do special gauntlet versions)

Shigure sings and rides a pegasus. Flying refresher would be amazing (and probably broken).

Inigo dances but is too shy to do it in public.ahh you’ve already mentioned him

Herons might pretty well be flying refreshers.

Just had Summer Frederick complaining that he's one of the most underdressed heroes in my castle...

Sorry, Freddy. Not only is there the beach Gaius running around, but Hawkeye is around and Nowi... and you can't get less dressed than her without being naked xD

He's fourth least dressed, at best xD

Also, yes for singing Shigure and dancing Inigo. If IS ever want to make my day, they will add those two!

And yes for herons. All the herons. I want them all! Rafiel, Reyson, Leanne and even dear Lehran :D Though I'm guessing the latter won't be a refresherer... unless they do him from the days before it all happened ^.^

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Though I'm guessing the latter won't be a refresherer... unless they do him from the days before it all happened ^.^

Creiddylad though.

I wish them make a light-based tome line (Lightning → Shine → Divine → Divine+). Micaiah, Lehran, Oliver, and Artur (and alternative Lucius) (and maybe Homer) can get those for their starting steps on the tree.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Creiddylad though.

I wish them make a light-based tome line (Lightning → Shine → Divine → Divine+). Micaiah, Lehran, Oliver, and Artur (and alternative Lucius) (and maybe Homer) can get those for their starting steps on the tree.

Yes. I need a light based tome line. I adore far too many light mages for them to all be healers v.v

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Creiddylad though.

They didn't do it for our boy Lucius...

I guess Micaiah's gonna get Ardent Sacrifice. Or SOME form of healing....

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Homer could make sense as picking up a dancer effect on top of his mage abilities, like how Ninian picked up dragon abilities on top of her dancer effect. I don't think they'd do that for Lewyn, though, because he's known for kicking ass with his ultimate Forseti tome, and he couldn't really meet expectations for his combat abilities while also functioning as a dancer.