Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

If you mean in Heroes... eh, I'm still gonna use him. He's a freebie 5*, after all. They can't all be as easy to use as Camus, I guess, and Clive has a reputation for being... not so good in his game. 

If you mean in Echoes, then he's still usable. I think the only units I struggled to use were Valbar because of movement, and Est because I couldn't be bothered to level her up.

I meant Echoes, and I did kinda sorta make the mistake of promoting him well before I probably should have (I think I promoted him as soon as he could from Cav to Paladin?), which to be fair I had the same problem you had with Est, but with Clive.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Do you mean...Kjelle?

also benny would be really nice to have.

@Cute Chao oh right, it somehow slipped my mind Hector was an armour. Still sleepy haha.

and hey sometimes being covered up enhances the appeal :P

*Stares at just THE bulkiest suit of armor you've ever laid eyes on, bigger than most mountains, with the promise that there might be a girl in there somewhere.*

...I'd bang it.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Do you mean...Kjelle?

also benny would be really nice to have.

@Cute Chao oh right, it somehow slipped my mind Hector was an armour. Still sleepy haha.

and hey sometimes being covered up enhances the appeal :P

They mean Kellam. You know, that guy... that... 

He wears... 

What was I on about? 

(Aware you may have known this, but thought I'd say jic xD ) 

To be honest, I don't mind fanservice in the slightest, if it feels right (and if there's some equality). Summer units... heck, go for it. Ofc units won't be covered up if they're on holiday at the beach. Dancers and mages don't need to be covered up so much, due to not being on front lines so there is reasoning behind them wearing less. 

Freaking armoured units should not wear freaking underwear armour. It is distracting, annoying, and far too off-putting. Do people really find the fact that Effie has the top of her thighs showing as sexy? It just looks awful to me -.-

So I really, really hope they stop doing this in future installments. Covered up would be a heck of a lot better. I don't even want equality with this, with males showing their thighs instead of wearing armour or trousers... just give the women some trousers, please -.- 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

He wears... 

What was I on about? 

To be honest, I don't mind fanservice in the slightest, if it feels right (and if there's some equality). Summer units... heck, go for it. Ofc units won't be covered up if they're on holiday at the beach. Dancers and mages don't need to be covered up so much, due to not being on front lines so there is reasoning behind them wearing less. 

Freaking armoured units should not wear freaking underwear armour. It is distracting, annoying, and far too off-putting. Do people really find the fact that Effie has the top of her thighs showing as sexy? It just looks awful to me -.-

So I really, really hope they stop doing this in future installments. Covered up would be a heck of a lot better. I don't even want equality with this, with males showing their thighs instead of wearing armour or trousers... just give the women some trousers, please -.- 

That was the joke, since Kjelle as a name looks similar to Kellam haha

also if anything at least 4 star Clive would be great Hit and Run fodder. I don't have a Clair yet and it's actually a nice touch they share the same skill

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

He wears... 

What was I on about? 

also if anything at least 4 star Clive would be great Hit and Run fodder. I don't have a Clair yet and it's actually a nice touch they share the same skill

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I did then realise and go back to edit it to say that I'm aware you may know... but too late xD 

I like that touch. It still bugs me Clive doesn't get to support with his own sister in Echoes :(

I love sibling supports. The lack of a Geoffrey and Lucia one in PoR (especially knowing there was originally going to be one) really stings, too. 

Edited by Cute Chao

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

actually who is the most popular armour knight?

Hector placed 6th. The Black Knight placed 54th and 58th. Arden placed 93rd. That's everyone in the top 100 unless I missed someone from Fates (do armored foot classes even exist in Fates?).

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

You mean Camilla wearing armour that actually covers her up :O I think the game makers would suicide before doing such a thing. They did, however, put her in a bunny outfit that somehow managed to be less revealing... 

Girls in full plate can still look absolutely gorgeous: https://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1501651.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hector placed 6th. The Black Knight placed 54th and 58th. Arden placed 93rd. That's everyone in the top 100 unless I missed someone from Fates (do armored foot classes even exist in Fates?).

If all you mean by that is "the usual bulky armored unit with usually high attack and defense, but almost no speed and usually has lower movement than other infantry units, also has a weakness to Armorslayers", then yes they do, Fates is where Effie comes from of course, and Benny and his kid Ignatius are both Knights.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Girls in full plate can still look absolutely gorgeous: https://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1501651.

I fully agree and always have done. Sadly, I don't think the game makers realise.

But I can get over the boob window (even if I don't like it). It's the visible thighs on several armoured females (particularly a wyvern rider like Camilla) that really gets me... and the missing back armour on Cherche. 

Urgh. Hopefully the game makers realise full armour can still look great, even on women (gasp!), and keep the fanservice to the mages and the dancers... 

Just now, Cute Chao said:

I fully agree and always have done. Sadly, I don't think the game makers realise.

But I can get over the boob window (even if I don't like it). It's the visible thighs on several armoured females (particularly a wyvern rider like Camilla) that really gets me... and the missing back armour on Cherche. 

Urgh. Hopefully the game makers realise full armour can still look great, even on women (gasp!), and keep the fanservice to the mages and the dancers... 

I wonder what the commissioning order must look like to these guys?

"Yeah here's some concept art of Effie, oh but if you can make sure to show off as much thigh as possible, especially in her Damaged artwork."

"Here's Camilla's concept art, just make sure there's so much boob cleavage that it's impossible to stare anywhere else, and make sure the damaged artwork has almost nothing left to cover the boobs. Also try to cram as much boob as you can into the little window that will appear when selecting a unit. Remember, boobs!"

I swear I'm not a pervert ._.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If all you mean by that is "the usual bulky armored unit with usually high attack and defense, but almost no speed and usually has lower movement than other infantry units, also has a weakness to Armorslayers", then yes they do, Fates is where Effie comes from of course, and Benny and his kid Ignatius are both Knights.

Oh. Right. Nohr.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Granted, riding a dragon or pegasus means the rider is generally hard to target in the first place so you can get away with having less armor, and getting hit in the leg is less crippling if you're on a mount.

I'm more concerned about how little armor the dragons are wearing since they're clearly not the thick-skinned fire dragons of Akaneia or the plated wyverns of Monster Hunter.

Oh. Right. Nohr.

Granted, riding a dragon or pegasus means the rider is generally hard to target in the first place so you can get away with having less armor, and getting hit in the leg is less crippling if you're on a mount.

I'm more concerned about how little armor the dragons are wearing since they're clearly not the thick-skinned fire dragons of Akaneia or the plated wyverns of Monster Hunter.

"Yeah here's some concept art of Effie, oh but if you can make sure to show off as much thigh as possible, especially in her Damaged artwork."

"Here's Camilla's concept art, just make sure there's so much boob cleavage that it's impossible to stare anywhere else, and make sure the damaged artwork has almost nothing left to cover the boobs. Also try to cram as much boob as you can into the little window that will appear when selecting a unit. Remember, boobs!"

There's a reason she's called Boobzilla. It's all you can think about when looking at her. They're used to hypnotise good, innocent people into giving up all their hard earned cash. 

Me, though... I'm made of stronger stuff than most --- 

*A Swimsuit Xander appears. It is super Effective.*

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, that isn't why. I own reptiles and mine are far, far, far smaller than hers. My largest is an 8' snake. If I rub her scales the wrong way, I can get abrasions on my skin. And that's with minimal contact on a very slender scaled beast. 

I scale it up, and I just think she must have nothing left on her thighs now. Wyvern scales would wear her down to the bone. Of course, there would be a saddle or protection, but it takes just one slip and she's back down to the bone again... 

It would be amazing to see a full armoured wyvern, though :D 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

He wears... 

What was I on about? 

There's a reason she's called Boobzilla. It's all you can think about when looking at her. They're used to hypnotise good, innocent people into giving up all their hard earned cash. 

Me, though... I'm made of stronger stuff than most --- 

*A Swimsuit Xander appears. It is super Effective.*

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, that isn't why. I own reptiles and mine are far, far, far smaller than hers. My largest is an 8' snake. If I rub her scales the wrong way, I can get abrasions on my skin. And that's with minimal contact on a very slender scaled beast. 

I scale it up, and I just think she must have nothing left on her thighs now. Wyvern scales would wear her down to the bone. Of course, there would be a saddle or protection, but it takes just one slip and she's back down to the bone again... 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

He wears... 

What was I on about? 

Oh young people... so easily tempted!

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Camilla's dragon as it appears in the title screen art appears to have skin instead of scales. (It would make sense to not transition from scales to skin going from wing to wing membrane, after all.)

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Too bad it probably wouldn't be able to get off the ground.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Camilla's dragon as it appears in the title screen art appears to have skin instead of scales. (It would make sense to not transition from scales to skin going from wing to wing membrane, after all.)

Too bad it probably wouldn't be able to get off the ground.

Hm, never noticed that. I can try and rest easy a bit more and not think of her thighs... Still hard, though... Ouch -.- 

It's why I don't mind the pegasus riders wearing skirts, etc. I'd still prefer to see them covered up, but that doesn't seem as bad 'cos of fur. It's just thinking of scales. I have to try and think that it is skin. Like a scaleless corn :D 

Eh, magic exists. It can be handwaved, since wyverns/pegasi wouldn't be able to fly anyway. A bit more armour wouldn't break my immersion all round... Having less on the human characters definitely does. 

59 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

U r allowed to swear i think

I don't want to swear in front of my kids.

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

There aren't popular Armors, they don't make money; so, they don't need love.

Oswin's pretty popular.  He may not be people's top favorite, but I don't think Luke or Roderick were either.  Not to mention: WHERE IS VALBAR?

There's a new update on the App Store and the Google Play Store.

It includes QoL improvements like having ten team slots instead of eight now. There's a new feature that rerolls training stratum for free, and Chain Challenge/Squad Assault have been updated, too.

Edited by Loocarioh
added some info

3 minutes ago, Loocarioh said:

Cool, I wonder if they'll datamine the next Banner.

6 minutes ago, Loocarioh said:

Whoa. The advantage and disadvantage markers in the Voting Gauntlet are now blue and red, respectively, instead of white.