Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

The new tempest sacred seal negates skills that affect attacking order when unit's Hp is full.

Holy shit RIP vantage 

I was already having a hard time getting Defense wins, now they take Vantage Away :(

what am i going to do with my 6 three star Lon'qus now? XD

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

getting guest artists like that could always happen, I think. If pokemon can comission Junji Ito for some seasonal pieces, I'm sure they could reach out to ARaki or Nomura if they were willing.

Since when  Nintendo commissioned the guy that created uzumaki? (Not to be confused about the orange ninja eating noodles.) Did he drew in the pokemon style?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

Do you have the exact JP wording?  The English wording says it disables skills that change attack priority, and there's are some skills that's it's sort of ambiguous if it affects, namely Brash Assault, Wary Fighter, Breakers, Sweeps, Dazzling Staff, and Quick Riposte.  These skills change the sequence of events during combat, but do so by adding or removing attacks, rather than just changing the order of attacks like Vantage/Desperation.  I was wondering if the JP wording is any clearer.

I only know what they have in the datamine thread on Reddit.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

getting guest artists like that could always happen, I think. If pokemon can comission Junji Ito for some seasonal pieces, I'm sure they could reach out to ARaki or Nomura if they were willing.

Today I learned that Junji Ito was commissioned to draw Pokémon art. This is both hilarious and horrifying knowing who he is and that he's done that daily life with his cat manga.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Since when  Nintendo commissioned the guy that created uzumaki? Did he drew in the pokemon style?

A year or two ago, Nintendo had a fun website looking at all the horror things in teh series and its pokemon. They comissioned Ito to draw a piece for Gengar & Banette

http://www.pokemon.jp/special/kowapoke/collaboration/

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

The new tempest sacred seal negates skills that affect attacking order when unit's Hp is full.

Holy shit RIP vantage 

I was already having a hard time getting Defense wins, now they take Vantage Away :(

what am i going to do with my 6 three star Lon'qus now? XD

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Also, PSA for hero catalog, tap once for attacking grunts, double tap for damaged grunts, tap and hold for special quotes

Already got that one covered:

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, list of all actions I've found:

Non-transforming:

• Single tap to attack. Tap again to continue attacking.
  • Double tap (or tap quickly) to take damage.
  • Tap and hold to activate an offensive special skill.

Transforming dancer:

• Single tap to dance.
  • Tap and hold to transform.

Transforming non-dancer:

• Single tap to transform.

Transformed:

• Single tap to activate an offensive special skill. Tap again to attack normally.
  • Double tap (or tap quickly) to take damage.
  • Tap and hold to untransform.

Yes, you can hear staff special quotes now.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Catria sounds so sad when she's KO'd :( 

"Aww........"

Palla sounds like she's in some real hurt. Est sounds kinda lewd..

The upcoming tempest trial new skill not only providing a counter to Hector's most common build, it weakened glass cannon blade units that relied on Life and death with desperation, and quad bow builds, a  Pretty impressive Intelligent Systems.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The upcoming tempest trial new skill not only providing a counter to Hector's most common build, it weakened glass cannon blade units that relied on Life and death with desperation, and quad bow builds, a  Pretty impressive Intelligent Systems.

Spoiler

I'm having trouble actually figuring out which units actually care for this skill, though. It disables your own Vantage and Desperation permanently while giving you the ability to ignore your opponent's Vantage and Desperation as long as you're at full health.

Those are some fairly strict limitations.

Wow, Priscilla's special staff quote is pretty awesome. 

She says the same thing as her healing special quote but in a different tone. 

I'll ease your pain. - Softly

I'll ease your pain. - Challengingly. 

Nice use of the words and conveying it with the tone, I reckon :) 

One of Lucius' quotes is a bit disturbing: 

Hands stained with blood...

Edited by Cute Chao

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

I'm having trouble actually figuring out which units actually care for this skill, though. It disables your own Vantage and Desperation permanently while giving you the ability to ignore your opponent's Vantage and Desperation as long as you're at full health.

Any unit who doesn't rely on Vantage or Desperation while being able to remain at full health.

For instance, Breaker units. Cancel Affinity. Quick Riposte.

Woo hoo! Just beat the new Squad Assault on the first try!  @Oboro!@MrSmokestack@MaskedAmpharos

Is there a way to check your reserve team roster without actually starting a new Squad Assault?  I was saving my teams as I went and was going to post them, but I don't see a way to check them here.  I actually used my Armor team on the first map, since I was going into it blind, and just wanted to see how it was.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

I supposed for distant counter units could make the best use for this skill. Because the LnD  blade tome have to take a hit from the enemy. The best use I see is on arena defense, where a person thinks they can wipe everyone with a blade tome / desperation. Then is taken off guard  that the desperation doesn't work. Unless a person is running savage blow. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Did they change Lloyd's Regal Blade? It looks more purple, especially its hilt, compared to the image of its sprite on gamepedia and on this mage: https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/lloyd-ghb.png.

Actually, looking closer, the hilt looks damaged, but in a way that it's like they erased one half of the hilt making it look janky.

Edit: Not sure if this is a catalog-only issue and that Lloyd's Regal Blade looks normal in regular gameplay.

Edited by Kaden

56 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hope we get a moe Hector

Easy to imagine tbh since Hector design is idk pretty boyish

If he didnt have Armor he would rank at the exact level as Eliwood which is to say pretty high

5 hours ago, Oboro! said:

Clive is a tempest torture 

It's on the info board in game! They show all the upcoming events!

5 hours ago, r_n said:

He isn't a GHB, he's the free unit for Temepest Trials

Ah thanks. I already read that somewhere but eventually forgot it. I was reading some old Twitter entries and there they mentioned him to be probably GHB. 

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Any unit who doesn't rely on Vantage or Desperation while being able to remain at full health.

For instance, Breaker units. Cancel Affinity. Quick Riposte.

Weaponbreaker units take damage on the counterattack. Quick Riposte units take damage when receiving attacks. Cancel Affinity does basically nothing about how much damage you take.

It looks like it'll be better on a defense team because stopping a defense team's Vantage requires you to have basically not engaged in combat with your unit yet, and defense teams tend not to run Desperation unless the player is too lazy to remove it.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Is there a way to hear defeat quotes in the catalogue? I always miss them, since I tap quickly to avoid seeing my units die. I always forget to stop and listen >.<

Haven't found one yet.