Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Fun fact, I got my only Chrom and Lukas in the same summon!

At least Chrom had a had a fairly okay nature of -Res/+HP

I seem to have this weird luck of summoning units that have a bane in their strongest stat. -Def Hector, -Res Titania, -Atk Linde... (hence most of my 5 stars are Promotions and are neutral like Askrs/GHB units)

Also, just 5 starred Anna and wow Noatun's ability is beautiful.

Anna's on my list to 5 star. I'm pretty excited for her warping. :3 

I think I've been pretty lucky with my summons. They don't always have natures that are super ideal, but I've only gotten a few with kind of crappy ones. But even then, my -ATK Athena does her job well enough. I summoned a +SPD one at 4 stars, that I'll probably promote and merge! But like +RES -HP Eldigan, +HP -SPD Celica, and +RES -HP Clair have all worked out quite nicely in the long run. 

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Anna's on my list to 5 star. I'm pretty excited for her warping. :3 

I think I've been pretty lucky with my summons. They don't always have natures that are super ideal, but I've only gotten a few with kind of crappy ones. But even then, my -ATK Athena does her job well enough. I summoned a +SPD one at 4 stars, that I'll probably promote and merge! But like +RES -HP Eldigan, +HP -SPD Celica, and +RES -HP Clair have all worked out quite nicely in the long run. 

Oh hey I have a -Atk Athena too! Except she's +HP (or Def I forget) so she's actually kind of bulky. At least Wo Dao fixes up her damage output. +Spd sounds amazing though!

Yeah my main account doesn't have much 5 stars compared to my much luckier 2nd account, and all my blue summons in my main so far are -Atk. Sometimes, they work out in odd situations, like my +HP/-Atk Hinoka clearing the last timed mission in Ike's Chapter because she withstood Ike's attack with like, 2 health.

Gave my Anna Fury and Desperation and I finally have good Reinhardt bait in my team.

Edited by mcsilas

@Rafiel's Aria, at this point I'm pretty much desperate and would want just another Henry so I can sack one of them, preferably the -Atk for G Tomebreaker on Sophia. Knowing this game and my luck, that's not going to happen. And I'm also trying to get summer F!Corrin since a flying mage would be nice. Aversa GHB when? That's two birds with one stone for me. A red flying mage. Annnnnd cue Aversa being a blue mage just because.

@Tybrosion, yeah! +Def, -Res Sonya buddies! :P

@mcsilas, Tobin's close, but his 27 speed puts him under 30 average. Yes, he has Seal Speed, but it needs to be active for him to not get double by anyone with +32 speed. If he had 3 less HP for 3 more speed, then yeah, he'd definitely be a jack of all trades.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

They gotta pass the time in Ram Village somehow.

Maybe for Gray, Kliff, and Tobin, but Alm can sleep with Faye anytime he wants.

Several thoughts here.

Rexcalibur should have been called Tornado. That’s what is does anyway.

I wonder how they will implement Tailtiu and Tine’s Wrath skill. Defiant Pulse, hastening special charging if under X HP? Given that specials are used in place of crits in Heroes.

Then comes Awesome Arthur (not to be confused with Arthur Awesome). If not given Forseti, he should have the renamed Tornado. Then again, he needs some form of Wrath too to match his mother and sister.

You know, playing the VG makes me realize something. How fun would a randomizer mode in this game be, where you got a random team comp of your units on a random map? So long as it used all units within a level range and rarity that makes sense, I think it could be lots of fun, seeing as the element of randomness would mix things up.

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh hey I have a -Atk Athena too! Except she's +HP (or Def I forget) so she's actually kind of bulky. At least Wo Dao fixes up her damage output. +Spd sounds amazing though!

Yeah my main account doesn't have much 5 stars compared to my much luckier 2nd account, and all my blue summons in my main so far are -Atk. Sometimes, they work out in odd situations, like my +HP/-Atk Hinoka clearing the last timed mission in Ike's Chapter because she withstood Ike's attack with like, 2 health.

Gave my Anna Fury and Desperation and I finally have good Reinhardt bait in my team.

I can't remember what my 5 star Athena's boon is. The 4 star I pulled is +SPD -DEF though which isn't perfect but close enough. XD She's so much fun to use!

I used to have two accounts and then decided to just focus my efforts on one. I'd much rather keep everyone all close together. 

That's what I'm planning to do as well. She's a lot of fun to use, and I imagine being able to warp makes it even better. That's such a cool skill for a weapon to have.

25 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

You know, playing the VG makes me realize something. How fun would a randomizer mode in this game be, where you got a random team comp of your units on a random map? So long as it used all units within a level range and rarity that makes sense, I think it could be lots of fun, seeing as the element of randomness would mix things up.

One thing I thought would be cool to have in this game is the ability to borrow a friend's representative for Training Tower or other content with "non-exceptional" rewards, allowing you to fill one slot with a guest unit. I know certain other mobile games let you do this, and it seems like a fun way to help your friends out, play with other people's builds, or just show off your new cool unit.

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Rexcalibur should have been called Tornado. That’s what is does anyway.

I wonder how they will implement Tailtiu and Tine’s Wrath skill. Defiant Pulse, hastening special charging if under X HP? Given that specials are used in place of crits in Heroes.

Rexcalibur definitely has no right to be called Rexcalibur. I have no idea who screwed that one up, but they screwed up big time. The other Silver tomes are the top-tier non-S-rank tomes from Jugdral and Tellius, and there's no reason green should not have been Tornado.

As for Wrath, a Defiant Heavy Blade effect could be pretty cool where entering combat when under 50% HP charges your special skill by 2 instead of 1 for each attack (from either combatant). Also probably broken as all fuck, though, so might just be -1 cooldown at the start of the turn if less than or equal to x% HP, which is still kind of broken.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rexcalibur definitely has no right to be called Rexcalibur. I have no idea who screwed that one up, but they screwed up big time. The other Silver tomes are the top-tier non-S-rank tomes from Jugdral and Tellius, and there's no reason green should not have been Tornado.

@Vaximillian Uh, aren't they going with the B-rank tomes from Awakening? Bolganone, Thoron and Rexcalibur?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

idk meng. They just borrowed the names I guess. Not the first time they've done that.

I mean, Tellius and Jugdral had perfectly aligned tome names with (Giga- in Tellius only)

• Fire, Elfire, Gigafire, Bolganone, Rexflame/Falaflame
  • Thunder, Elthunder, Gigathunder, Thoron, Rexbolt/Thorhammer
  • Wind, Elwind, Gigawind, Tornado, Rexcalibur/Holsety

So why did Awakening have to ruin it?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, Tellius and Jugdral had perfectly aligned tome names with (Giga- in Tellius only)

No clue lol. At least they kept the Fire and Thunder lines intact.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because potatoes? Though really, I don't know why they used Rexcalibur in Awakening either. Though maybe the reason Tornado didn't stick is because, unlike Bolganone and Thoron, it wasn't in FE1. 

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If memory serves, those were translated as Arc- in English RD.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There was like a million tomes in Awakening, differing only in prefices: standard, el-, arc-, rex-…

Which makes it seem like it's decent with the exception of whatever Rexcalibur's doing.

Would patching Rexcalibur's prove too confusing?

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There was like a million tomes in Awakening, differing only in prefices: standard, el-, arc-, rex-…

There weren't really THAT many tomes, though Spotpass did add quite a few. They just had Fire, Thunder and Wind lines, going from base, El-, Arc, and then into Bolganone, Thoron and Rexcalibur. Dark Magic had its own E -> B system.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Excluding the Infinite Regalia weapons, Awakening had

• Fire
  • Elfire
  • Arcfire
  • Bolganone
  • Thunder
  • Elthunder
  • Arcthunder
  • Thoron
  • Wind
  • Elwind
  • Arcwind
  • Rexcalibur

Which match up perfectly with the weapons from Jugdral and Tellius except for Rexcalibur, which was the name of the SS-rank wind tome in FE10 whereas Bolganone and Thoron were the S-rank fire and thunder tomes in FE10. Tornado was the corresponding S-rank wind tome and Rexflame and Rexbolt were the corresponding SS-rank fire and thunder tomes.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If memory serves, those were translated as Arc- in English RD.

I was using Japanese names throughout because those come to mind first.

I was using Japanese names throughout because those come to mind first.

Just making sure it was clear that there was some consistency in regards to Arc. Not sure if they're still called Giga in JP, but at any rate...

(Besides, despite playing the English versions, I have no idea what Hana's personal is called in English. Probably because I haven't played that game period.)

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Just making sure it was clear that there was some consistency in regards to Arc. Not sure if they're still called Giga in JP, but at any rate...

Yep, Awakening still uses Giga- in Japanese. (Checked on Pegasusknight.com.)

(Besides, despite playing the English versions, I have no idea what Hana's personal is called in English. Probably because I haven't played that game period.)

It bugs me somewhat that every character and their dog seem to have personal weapons in the more recent games. No wonder the old timers want the DS generation players off their lawn.

It bugs me somewhat that every character and their dog seem to have personal weapons in the more recent games. No wonder the old timers want the DS generation players off their lawn.

I was referring to Hana's personal skill, Tomboy- which everyone and their dog also has one of.

"Back in my day, you were lucky if you were chosen to carry around Luna. Now you get five hundred amazing skills for showing up and something to prove your a special snowflake even if you're made redundant."

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I was referring to Hana's personal skill, Tomboy- which everyone and their dog also has one of.

"Back in my day, you were lucky if you were chosen to carry around Luna. Now you get five hundred amazing skills for showing up and something to prove your a special snowflake even if you're made redundant."

It's called Fearsome Blow in the English version.

That, too.

Back in my day, you were lucky to have a skill at all, much less a good one. Because Matthew, Legault, and Jaffar were the only characters that had a skill at all.

Or, going back even farther, you were lucky enough to even promote, much less change your class to any arbitrary class under the roof or in the lawn.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Funnily enough, in Fates, a lot of characters have Spotpass weapons named after them (e.g. Kagerou's Dazzling Needle, forgot its English name). Laslow's Dancing Blade is actually the Balmung as it appeared in Awakening. He stole a legendary sword from Chrom's convoy before jumping worlds.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Laslow's Dancing Blade is actually the Balmung as it appeared in Awakening. He stole a legendary sword from Chrom's convoy before jumping worlds.

This sounds like a very Laslow thing to do. Now we just need Odin to give it a proper name.