Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You get a +1 4-star.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Then you should immediately delete your account.

I disagree. There's a greater good.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Your four-star gets a merge level (if same character), some SP (120?), all learnt skills (if same character), and a 1000 feathers discount for promotion.

But does it basically count the same as merging two *4s?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Huh, interesting that the English title got rid of any mention of Lon'qu's gynophobia in his title, when apparently even the French kept it. Just looked it up, and only French and Italian keep gynophobe as his title. Everything else goes with "Silent Swordsman."

I get the feeling the French localization team actually looked at the Japanese text when translating because they are also the only language that translated Reinhardt's "Right Hand of the Thunder God" instead of "Thunder's Hammer".

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

all learnt skills (if same character)

Explain to me how you can merge different characters together.

Just now, KongDude said:

A joke of course, but what do you plan to do with that anyways? IS there actually any sort of benefit from losing a 5* for a 4*?

Assuming the bonuses are the same as merging with another *4, it could end up benefitting on multiple merges.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

A joke of course, but what do you plan to do with that anyways? IS there actually any sort of benefit from losing a 5* for a 4*?

A +10 4-star has similar stats to a +4 5-star (give or take a merge level) and is 80,000 feathers cheaper. Merging the 5-star into the 4-star transfers over the 5-star weapon and any 5-star-exclusive skills.

14 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Wow... How did they get Restoration Lord and Restoration Lady out of that? I mean, their English titles make sense in how they rebuild Renais, but wow, did the original go for a different angle.

These are their Sacred Stones ending titles. No idea how it was in JP, obviously.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Explain to me how you can merge different characters together.

I derped. Does it work?

13 hours ago, Soul~! said:

But does it basically count the same as merging two *4s?

The only thing that actually changes depending on the donor’s rarity is SP granted to the recipient.

MODEDIT: i saved the day

Edited by Integrity

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A +10 4-star has similar stats to a +4 5-star (give or take a merge level) and is 80,000 feathers cheaper. Merging the 5-star into the 4-star transfers over the 5-star weapon and any 5-star-exclusive skills.

My question is, are the stat bonuses basically the same as if I were to add another *4? Do they stack if I put a *5 on top of multiple 4*s?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Assuming the bonuses are the same as merging with another *4, it could end up benefitting on multiple merges.

I see. As a less competitive F2P though, the appeal of a merged 4*, is much less than any 5* honestly.

Edit: Does that merged 5* stay though? Or does it disappear upon promotion?

Edited by KongDude

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I get the feeling the French localization team actually looked at the Japanese text when translating because they are also the only language that translated Reinhardt's "Right Hand of the Thunder God" instead of "Thunder's Hammer".

Yeah, but it seems like they picked and chose. I just looked up Ephraim, and his title is Restoration Lord in French too, rather than the original. Seems like everyone went with Restoration Lord.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

These are their Sacred Stones ending titles. No idea how it was in JP, obviously.

Oh, I know. But Ice Dragon showed us their original JP titles, which are nothing like their English titles. It's kind of a drastic difference.

Edited by Extrasolar

14 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

My question is, are the stat bonuses basically the same as if I were to add another *4? Do they stack if I put a *5 on top of multiple 4*s?

Merge level stats are independent of what you used to merge with. Think of it as Fury 3 is the same Fury 3 regardless of if you used Eldigan, 5-star Hinata, 4-star Hinata, Jagen, Bartre, or even a second-hand source.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I see. As a less competitive F2P though, the appeal of a merged 4*, is much less than any 5* honestly.

Edit: Does that merged 5* stay though? Or does it disappear upon promotion?

F2P or not, it actually has an enormous amount of potential and effeciency. Of course it's "less appealing", but far, far more realistic. I'd rather have a 4*+10 than theorize (or spend a crapton of money trying) to get a 5*+10. You should really consider this, and I'm really glad somebody here has mentioned it.

IMG_00221.png

Ironically, the best Cecilia I've seen so far. I really gotta give it to this guy.

To share, the corresponding ones:

Interesting, surprising how often they directly translate to English too. There are a number of words that are either identical (or close enough) in French to English, or for whatever reason, they just went with the English word.

• Eirika is Figure du renouveau, or "Figure of the Renewal", with figure meaning like a public figure.
  • Ephraim is Roi du renouveau, or "King of the Renewal". Interesting that both the French and Japanese give him the title of king, while in English, he is given the title of lord.
  • Chilling Wind is Blizzard. Just one of many terms that can be said using a variety of words (tempête de neige would be snowstorm), while also spelling the same as the English version
  • Iceberg is Iceberg, which apparently they use in French (had to check, I only knew glaçon)
  • Glacies is Glacier
  • Glowing Ember is Braise, or simply "Ember"
  • Bonfire is Feu de joie, which can mean either "Bonfire" or, apparently, "Fireworks"
  • Ignis is Ignition, like the English word
  • Draconic Gaze is Œil du dragon, or "Eye of the Dragon"
  • Draconic Aura is Aura draconique, literal translation
  • Draconic Fang is Crocs du dragon, or "Fangs of the Dragon"
  • New Moon is Nouvelle lune, literal translation
  • Luna is Lunaire, or "Lunar"
  • Moonbow is Arc lunaire, literally "Lunar Bow", but contextually the same as Moonbow
  • Daylight is Diurne, meaning "Diurnal"
  • Noontime is Zénith, I guess I covered that already huh
  • Sol is Solaire, or "Solar"
  • Aether is Éther, literal translation
  • Galeforce I can't check right now cuz I don't have it, sorry
  • Night Sky is Nocturne, which I suppose could imply "Nocturnal", but I prefer "Nocturne"
  • Astra is Stellaire, meaning "Stellar", as in relating to stars
  • Glimmer is Lueur, or "Glow"
  • Harsh Command I mistranslated and removed in an edit in my previous post; it's Ordre impérieux, literally "Imperious Order", not Imperial Order (that would be Ordre impérieaux). I suppose rather than the English Harsh Command, which sounds like someone being mean (hence Saizo and Gunter), but Imperious Order is more like from a supposed place of authority. Saizo and Gunter have high rank, Sanaki certainly holds tremendous authority, and then Clair is just bossing people around cuz that's what she knows.

Merge level stats are independent of what you used to merge with. Think of it as Fury 3 is the same Fury 3 regardless of if you used Eldigan, 5-star Hinata, 4-star Hinata, Jagen, Bartre, or even a second-hand source.

wait, so did I waste feathers in promoting my units to *4 before merging them to their *4 counterparts? :L

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

wait, so did I waste feathers in promoting my units to *4 before merging them to their *4 counterparts? :L

Merging a 3-star into a 4-star doesn't give merge levels.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:
  • Galeforce I can't check right now cuz I don't have it, sorry

The Gamepedia wiki has the localized character names and titles on the "Misc" tab on the character page and the localized skill and weapon names on their pages. I used those to copy-paste the Japanese names to avoid having to type them out (cross-referenced with the game to make sure the wiki didn't have errors, though).

16 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, but it seems like they picked and chose. I just looked up Ephraim, and his title is Restoration Lord in French too, rather than the original. Seems like everyone went with Restoration Lord.

He's Roi (King) in the French version, must be a slip up on whatever site you found that

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

F2P or not, it actually has an enormous amount of potential and effeciency. Of course it's "less appealing", but far, far more realistic. I'd rather have a 4*+10 than theorize (or spend a crapton of money trying) to get a 5*+10. You should really consider this, and I'm really glad somebody here has mentioned it.

I did this as well, or at least my Cecilia is up to +7 so far. For Cecilia in particular, this is an excellent idea she does an outstanding job with Gronnblade, so you don't lose out on Gronnraven+. Cavalry buffs are significant enough that, in many situations, you wouldn't even need Gronnblade+.

58 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_00221.png

Ironically, the best Cecilia I've seen so far. I really gotta give it to this guy.

It's a me thing. As good as it may be, I always have the feeling that I'm going to miss out on something better (even if it turns out not to be). I really don't like want to invest myself into a 4* merge while thinking, "It could be pretty good as a 5* too." I'm a little more casual than others when it comes to this game so I'll be fine without one.

Just now, Johann said:

I did this as well, or at least my Cecilia is up to +7 so far. For Cecilia in particular, this is an excellent idea she does an outstanding job with Gronnblade, so you don't lose out on Gronnraven+. Cavalry buffs are significant enough that, in many situations, you wouldn't even need Gronnblade+.

I'd actually just straight-up consider the *5 promotion of a unit wants final version of their weapon. In her case, you might be right that the Cavalry buffs carry her.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

He's Roi (King) in the French version, must be a slip up on whatever site you found that

Oh, I should have clarified. I meant that in general it's in the vein of Restoration Lord rather than his Japanese title - the exact wording may be "king" instead of "lord." Sorry for any confusion!

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Gamepedia wiki has the localized character names and titles on the "Misc" tab on the character page and the localized skill and weapon names on their pages. I used those to copy-paste the Japanese names to avoid having to type them out (cross-referenced with the game to make sure the wiki didn't have errors, though).

Oh cool! Well then, Galeforce is Élan Victorieux, meaning "Victorious Momentum", though élan can mean a few other similar words. Incidentally, that leads me to:

• Hone Cavalry is Élan (Cavalrie), or "Momentum (Cavalry)"
  • Fortify Cavalry is Prudence (Cav.)
  • Other Hone skills are Impulsion ---, or "--- Impulse". I like that they used different words, unlike in the English version, so there's no confusion between the various buffing/spur effects. 
  • Other Fortify skills are also Impulsion ---.
  • Goad Cavalry is Sursaut (Cav.), or "Start Cavalry", as in a sudden start
  • Ward Cavalry is Vigilance (Cav.)
  • Other Spurs are Encens ---, literally "Incense ---", as in the stuff you burn for nice smells. I feel like this was either a translation blunder or there must be something in the Japanese text they went from.
  • Lastly, Drive buffs are Stimulant ---, literally "Stimulating ---"

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh cool! Well then, Galeforce is Élan Victorieux, meaning "Victorious Momentum", though élan can mean a few other similar words. Incidentally, that leads me to:

We have in Japanese ("〇" is the standard wild-card character):

• Hone [Stat] and Fortify [Stat] is 〇〇の鼓舞, "[Stat] Inspiration".
  • Spur [Stat] is 〇〇の紋章, "[Stat] Emblem".
  • Drive [Stat] is 〇〇の大紋章, "[Stat] Great Emblem".
  • Hone [Movement Type] is 〇刃の鼓舞 "[Movement Type] Blade Inspiration", with the single-character movement type abbreviations of 騎, "knight", 飛, "flying", 重, "heavy", and 竜, "dragon", e.g. 騎刃の鼓舞, "Knight Blade Inspiration", for Hone Cavalry.
  • Fortify [Movement Type] is 〇盾の鼓舞 "[Movement Type] Shield Inspiration".
  • Goad [Movement Type] and Ward [Movement Type] use the same pattern with the movement type half from Hone [Movement Type] and Fortify [Movement Type] and the "Emblem" half from Spur [Stat], e.g. 騎刃の紋章, "Knight Blade Emblem", for Goad Cavalry.
  • [Stat] Ploy is 〇〇の謀策, "[Stat] Scheme".
  • Panic Ploy is 恐慌の奇策, "Panic Scheme", though 奇策 specifically means "clever scheme" instead of any old ordinary scheme.

What do y'all do with your extra heroes? I've been sitting on the max for a couple months now just holding onto them. I don't want to merge them and then regret it but sending them home seems like a waste.....