Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Seriously a Life and Death banner?...

Summer Banner for Corrin...

Hero Fest banner for Ike, Ninian and Genny...

Tempest banner for EVERYONE...

Now a LnD Banner and it's gone in 2 weeks... seriously why couldn't it be Fortify Defense or something?... they really, REALLY want your orbs.

Fortify Def units available are only have Cherche, Frederick, and Sakura, which would be redundant because two green and one colorless. Hone Atk banner has Nino, Fcorrin , and Sanaki. Hone Spd too would be redundant because 3 of 4 units that has it are reds (Laslow, Eirika and Ryoma( and Matthew is the only colorless there). Fortify Res has chance because even if people would't want Sophia, they would still want Linde or Soren. Armored Blow has less good units than other-Blow skills, tho. 

also people used Feh on Gamepedia for Valter.... I know it's because his icon haven't released yet, but stilll 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

also people used Feh on Gamepedia for Valter.... I know it's because his icon haven't released yet, but stilll 

That's been a regular thing for most of the heroes released in the past month or so.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

But Olwen is faster.... I've checked it with Kagerochart, Reinhardt with Blarblade, , emblem buff and Goad,  got 147 kills when Olwen got 149 kills 

I know Olwen is better, but Reinhardt with full buffs and Blárblade is better than Reinhardt with full buffs and Dire Thunder.

Finally cleared the 11-3 quest for the Light's Blessings. I actually didn't need the videos after all. I just used more flying units. :P I did have to use an orb to revive Michalis though...

But one orb is nothing to me.

I've cleared all currently available quests except for the training tower August ones. I'll take care of more of those when I upgrade Camus and can tackle both leveling him and those quests at the same time.

Edited by Anacybele

I did the 11-3 quest quite easily with three fliers and Azura with Escape Route. Just let Azura tank two hits from Mae and Palla on turn 1 and the rest is fairly evident. 

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

My main gripe with L&D is that without being paired with desperation, it's really not that good as while you double more often, the unit also has a higher risk of being one shotted on the counterattack, essentially relegating that unit to only attacking units that cannot retaliate. Desperation solves this, of course, but some characters like Celica don't run desperation, so I don't really understand L&D on her.

L&D also pretty much kills the unit's enemy phase potential, making them less flexible, though this only really becomes a problem in TT and Chain Challenges.

I usually pair Life and Death with a Breaker. Being killed on the counter attack is pretty rare, so I find Breakers to be more useful. You would not use Celica to attack blue mages anyway, so being killed by a few more of them is worth the higher kill count that Life and Death can provide. Any fast mage can run Desperation, and Celica is no exception. Celica also has an easier time reaching Desperation range with help from Ragnarok.

Player Phase units should not worry about Enemy Phase. There is no point in increasing their Enemy Phase potential if it is better to Assist them out of Enemy Range and not take a hit at all. Compromising Player Phase units' offensive potential to make them more survivable on Enemy Phase does not make sense, since killing more enemies is a better defensive strategy as dead enemies cannot kill you. Units having flexibility in both Phases are not really flexible if they cannot match the offensive power and kill count of units specialized in either Phase.

In my opinion, Tempest Trials favor all out offense and speed, and their increased bulk makes drawn out Enemy Phase battles not worth the lower points. Out of all the Weapons, increased bulkiness affects Blades the least since their high attack power can overwhelm whatever pitiful stat increases the enemies have. A small boost in stats is nothing compared to Blades' +15 extra damage for Infantry mages and up to +24 extra damage for cavalry mages.

36 minutes ago, Jave said:

I did the 11-3 quest quite easily with three fliers and Azura with Escape Route. Just let Azura tank two hits from Mae and Palla on turn 1 and the rest is fairly evident. 

Yeah, I used three fliers and Azura too, though my Azura doesn't have Escape Route. So it was a bit harder for me than that, but I did it!

I feel bad for the rest of the tomes (except Dire Thunder); they are sou seless compared with Blade Tomes 

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Do you prefer Okaaaaaay

Okay.

Ness main by the way

Just now, Troykv said:

I feel bad for the rest of the tomes (except Dire Thunder); they are sou seless compared with Blade Tomes 

Raven is pretty great though.

9 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I've said I finally decided to train Peri, but I die a little inside when hearing her voice... Especially the "Iiit's time" line. 

She's significantly more adorable and precious in Japanese.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Injects myself with a vial of Bragi blood and uses Valkyrie on Xenomata while the effects last*

You're welcome.

I... I'm alive...

I LIIIIIIIIVE.

...thanks, got any Neir blood on you, I need it for... hellish swathing reasons.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Wat why

Because she cute despite currently being coated in enemy blood while stabbing one in the eye... repeatedly. Or wait is that Henry?

Anyways, I do like Peri, both in and out of Heroes. She was a contender for marriage in Fates til I realized I'd be missing out on a child unit, and she is scary with a Brave Lance+ and LnD3. I also like her character quite a bit, again once you get past the whole "murder everything" bit.

...am I the only person who likes Peri in this game?

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Because she cute despite currently being coated in enemy blood while stabbing one in the eye... repeatedly. Or wait is that Henry?

Anyways, I do like Peri, both in and out of Heroes. She was a contender for marriage in Fates til I realized I'd be missing out on a child unit, and she is scary with a Brave Lance+ and LnD3. I also like her character quite a bit, again once you get past the whole "murder everything" bit.

Oh, I'm not saying I hate Peri. I actually enjoy her quite more than I dislike. I just think Cindy Robinson completely overdid her character that it doesn't fit well for me.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...thanks, got any Neir blood on you, I need it for... hellish swathing reasons.

I work for the Holy Blood Bank from time to time. It's high guarded and the supply is quite limited, but it has all 13 types of Jugdral, plus Dawn, Dusk, and Silent; Exalted, Manakete, Manfroyian, Archanean Princess, Taguelian, Kitsune, Wolfskin, Elibean dragon, plus some of the Laguz stuff too (for minor Branded abilities).

*Hands a case over containing several vials of Nier blood* Keep cold until you transfuse to maximize the longevity of the holiness.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ahem:

Oh come on, you posted that when I was asleep, and 2 pages ago may as well be years in forum posting time.

10 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Oh, I'm not saying I hate Peri. I actually enjoy her quite more than I dislike. I just think Cindy Robinson completely overdid her character that it doesn't fit well for me.

Ah.

I actually like how she sounds, though that might be because she managed to kind of match it with EG Daily while still being unique to Peri as a character (which in this game where most of the time everyone sounds the same, I've learned to appreciate).

...it's funny, when I went to the FE Wiki page on Peri to check her VA and who they voiced, I accidentally learned that Peri in Fates apparently uses models with... generous proportions.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I work for the Holy Blood Bank from time to time. It's high guarded and the supply is quite limited, but it has all 13 types of Jugdral, plus Dawn, Dusk, and Silent; Exalted, Manfroyian, Elibean dragon, plus some of the Laguz stuff too (for minor Branded abilities).

*Hands a case over containing several vials of Nier blood* Keep cold until you transfuse to maximize the longevity of the holiness.

Thanks, now if you will excuse me I need to go find the legendary axe of Neir.

Edited by Xenomata

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm also among those who don't hate her. I just horribly miss Elizabeth Daily after hearing what Cindy Robinson's Peri sounds like. I might even try molding my 4* +Atk/-Res Peri into something like Ice Dragon's down the line minus her being maxed merged since I'll never be able to whale that hard or want to for that matter.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I usually pair Life and Death with a Breaker. Being killed on the counter attack is pretty rare, so I find Breakers to be more useful.

wait, how would that make sense with your usual logic, then? Breakers don't allow you to attack without getting counterattacked (assuming you do kill), even if the calculator does give you better matchups.

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...it's funny, when I went to the FE Wiki page on Peri to check her VA and who they voiced, I accidentally learned that Peri in Fates apparently uses models with... generous proportions.

The japanese version of the game mentions this trait in some of the supports Now you know why the Japanese almost always draw her with big tiddies

Edited by Troykv