Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

And now I finally get Asugi and Caeldori. I picked up on Rhajat right away but didn't realise those were the same. Now I just feel like an eejit xD 

Caeldori was the one that stood out to me the most, because it looked really forced to be an anagram name.

I do like Asugi though, I like who they made it sound more ninja-like

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

On the topic of translations, does anyone know what Tobin title is outside of English? Just to see how clueless he can truly be.  

In Japanese, 空気が読めない, "Can't Read the Mood".

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Johann Oh wow, I didn't actually notice Draug was "Guard" re-arranged. That's actually pretty neat.

@Johann

Well, fuck. Not only is Draug "guard" spelled backwards, but ドーガ ("Dohga", Draug's name in Japanese) is ガード (phonetic transliteration of "guard") spelled backwards.

Mind = blown.

Edited by Ice Dragon

41 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Johann Oh wow, I didn't actually notice Draug was "Guard" re-arranged. That's actually pretty neat.

R-really? Like it's literally guard backwards. 

Wait till you guys hear about this Alucard fella

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So how would Draug interact with Luke? I guess he would be petty upset that someone not only stole his looks, also is twenty pounds lighter. Sure there are characters in the series that looks similar, but in the same game.

uuxpzzv98t3z.png

I saw this a while back.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

In this one and only scenario, I kinda wish I could claim innocence...

Do you want more? I can share you if you want.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Caeldori was the one that stood out to me the most, because it looked really forced to be an anagram name.

I do like Asugi though, I like who they made it sound more ninja-like

I agree. I noticed Rhajat 'cos it was an awful looking name (imo). 

I didn't like the name Caeldori, either, but I thought it was just a fancy one and didn't think to rearrange. 

Asugi, I just liked the sound of and didn't think to mix up xD 

41 minutes ago, r_n said:

R-really? Like it's literally guard backwards. 

I never bothered with Draug enough to bother thinking about his name. He's... not really the most stand out character imo.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most people don't bother to read words backwards. Ever.

It's a common thing in games, though, and the name is (mileage may vary I suppose)just weird enough compared to even things like Ceada or Ogma that you see "huh that reads really familiar"

idk, Draug's always been that guy I know as having so little going on that his biggest stand out trait is his name is guard backwards

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Archaneans are totally basic. It's nothing new.

I focus on Draug more than *throws a dart*...anyone in the wolf pack, for instance, since he tpyically gets a little more focus. Still bitter over the TMS decision.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

But why they had to make an anagram in the first place? I'm perfectly fine with the names Tiamo or Matoi, for names to Cordelia 2.0. 

The localization team decided to use the same pattern that was used in Japanese where the FE14 copy's name was an anagram of the FE13 character.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

It's a common thing in games,

It's not anywhere near common enough. Start listing.

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

and the name is (mileage may vary I suppose)just weird enough compared to even things like Ceada or Ogma that you see "huh that reads really familiar"

With the bullshit the Fire Emblem localization teams have pulled out their asses in the past, I don't put it past them to just make up name with no rhyme or reason at all.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the bullshit the Fire Emblem localization teams have pulled out their asses in the past, I don't put it past them to just make up name with no rhyme or reason at all.

This isn't gonna turn into another one of those tired "localizations are the spawn of the devil" things is it... Please, mercy... Everywhere I go... I see it...

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

This isn't gonna turn into another one of those tired "localizations are the spawn of the devil" things is it... Please, mercy... Everywhere I go... I see it...

I have no interest in starting a tirade about that today, but I could if you want. :]

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I have no interest in starting a tirade about that today, but I could if you want. :]

I mean don't get me wrong, I love talking about localization and stuff, I find it really interesting when it's a balanced conversation. Just people treating the FE localizations (specifically Fates localization, but it's by no means exclusive to that game) like it's the literal work of Satan out to destroy all that is good and light about this universe and all universes is just a little tiresome. Just a little.

13 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I mean don't get me wrong, I love talking about localization and stuff, I find it really interesting when it's a balanced conversation. Just people treating the FE localizations (specifically Fates localization, but it's by no means exclusive to that game) like it's the literal work of Satan out to destroy all that is good and light about this universe and all universes is just a little tiresome. Just a little.

Pretty much agree with you there -.- 

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Since we're on the subject of localization, Leo, Leon, Lyon anyone?

Lyon I don't lump as much together (i pronounce it more like lion, maybe more distinctliy as LIE-on), but man Leo & Leon are just...

Like that had to be on purpose. They could have easily just given Leon a totally different name, since the original gaiden never made it over here and Leon himself was never in a localized game. If only they called Kamui Reflet

58 minutes ago, r_n said:

Lyon I don't lump as much together (i pronounce it more like lion, maybe more distinctliy as LIE-on), but man Leo & Leon are just...

Like that had to be on purpose. They could have easily just given Leon a totally different name, since the original gaiden never made it over here and Leon himself was never in a localized game. If only they called Kamui Reflet

Lyon isn't caught into it as bad as Leo and Leon. What were they even thinking with those two though.