Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Seriously a Life and Death banner?...

Summer Banner for Corrin...

Hero Fest banner for Ike, Ninian and Genny...

Tempest banner for EVERYONE...

Now a LnD Banner and it's gone in 2 weeks... seriously why couldn't it be Fortify Defense or something?... they really, REALLY want your orbs.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

The life and death banner popping up now of all times, it is clearly telling me to summon from it so I can get life and death fodder for my Olwen.

Luckily, I don't feel too tempted by the LaD banner.  

I have 54 orbs saved up for Hero Fest so far, which isn't much... I normally would spend some money on that kind of banner, but I promised my SO that I would not spend any money on Heroes in August.  Let's just say I went a littleeeee crazy trying to get Summer Corrin.  :lol:  Her outfit is just too cute!  When I finally did get her (after hundreds of orbs), I got 2 (the second was only a couple pulls after the first).  They were -Atk  and -Spd!  Also, I would like to add that I was "sniping blues" and happened to have my pity rate ruined several times by off-banner blues and 2 summer Xanders, 2 summer Leos, and 1 summer Elise.  I swear, almost every time I had to pick a non-blue orb, it was a 5*!  That's some weird luck.  The game really doesn't want me to have a good Corrin!  

I'll just put whatever I have into Hero Fest for its duration.  I just got a Ninian while trying to get Summer Corrin, and I have a Genny, so I'll be aiming for Ike and Julia.  After that, I'll try again to get a non -Atk Summer Corrin.  Damn, it's gonna be tempting not to spend anything, but I gotta keep my promise.  I swear, I have no self control sometimes!  Haha...

I'm hoping that the next new banner will be Sacred Stones because I won't be very tempted to blow a lot of orbs on that one.  I already have my favourite SS character (Eirika) and the others weren't very memorable to me.  (There are a few I like, but the characters/supports just weren't my thing, I suppose.)  I will probably do a few pulls anyway, though, knowing me.  ;):

42 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Seriously what fantastic unit doesn't want Life and Death?...

• Ogma
  • Kagero
  • Bridelia
  • Nino
  • Bride Caeda
  • Athena

And that's just off the top of my head for my units. smh

The slower brave ones and tankier ones and even then its arguable

Before anyone says it, Reinhardt also want LnD sometimes lol

Edited by JSND

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Your statement is contradicting itself. "Slower brave ones",that already includes reinhardt

I do say even then its arguable. Reinhardt mention there is more of a way of saying "Reins an example of it being arguable"

39 minutes ago, JSND said:

The slower brave ones and tankier ones and even then its arguable

Before anyone says it, Reinhardt also want LnD sometimes lol

Don't know if that's entirely true or not, as the speed is essentially wasted on a unit who is already slow to begin with, and 5 less Defense/Resistance doesn't seem worth it when you could just go Death Blow (which is cheaper technically thanks Klein) and only suffer a weakened Enemy Phase, which Brave units are already weak on enemy phase to begin with.

You might have meant the FAST Brave units, like Peri, Hana, Legion, Raven, or Cordelia/Bride Cordelia, who retain their high speed while still getting a power boost.

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Don't know if that's entirely true or not, as the speed is essentially wasted on a unit who is already slow to begin with, and 5 less Defense/Resistance doesn't seem worth it when you could just go Death Blow (which is cheaper technically thanks Klein) and only suffer a weakened Enemy Phase, which Brave units are already weak on enemy phase to begin with.

You might have meant the FAST Brave units, like Peri, Hana, Legion, Raven, or Cordelia/Bride Cordelia, who retain their high speed while still getting a power boost.

No i mean slow units. And this is a very niche case

A Reinhardt with 25 speed can reach 31 speed with LnD and HC, which become 36 with Phantom speed. This is enough to Sweep through enemies that would normally threaten Reinhardt on counter allowing a possible cheese with Dance and 3 CD cooldown 

Offensively this isnt much less of a disadvantage since the difference of damage is literally 2 for Braves

Of course this only become a thing because Reinhardt is the most versatile unit in the game so lol. You dont fuck with America

Edited by JSND

47 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Your statement is contradicting itself. "Slower brave ones",that already includes reinhardt

Reinhardt running Blárblade needs Life and Death. With full cavalry buffs, Reinhardt kills more with Blárblade than Dire Thunder.

27 minutes ago, JSND said:

No i mean slow units. And this is a very niche case

A Reinhardt with 25 speed can reach 31 speed with LnD and HC, which become 36 with Phantom speed. This is enough to Sweep through enemies that would normally threaten Reinhardt on counter allowing a possible cheese with Dance and 3 CD cooldown 

Offensively this isnt much less of a disadvantage since the difference of damage is literally 2 for Braves

Perhaps, though it does mean that you have to forego the -Spd nature to trigger Sweep skills on as many enemy units as possible, hell maybe even go for a +Spd nature to have as high speed as possible. On Rein, who has 23 speed at base...

23- 5 from Dire Thunder = 18

18 + 5 from LnD3 = 23

23 + 6 from Hone Cavalry = 29

29 + 5 from Phantom Speed bonus = 34

Add 3 to any of the above final values if you go for +Spd, subtract 3 from any of the above values if -Spd.

TBH, it seems only useful on Flier Emblem or Horse Emblem, where you get the highest boost to speed possible, but then again the best Brave users in the game are already Cavs or Fliers.

Man... there really aren't that many applicable uses of Windsweep or Watersweep are there... Firesweep weapons probably only get a pass because you can still use any B skill while using a weapon with the power of a Silver+ weapon and doesn't require having more Speed than the enemy...

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Reinhardt running Blárblade needs Life and Death. With full cavalry buffs, Reinhardt kills more with Blárblade than Dire Thunder.

Of course he does, because Reinhardt can make using anything look good.

I'd make a joke how he can't use a Hammer, but I made that one already...

Edited by Xenomata

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Marthcina

*LuciMarth

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Seriously what fantastic unit doesn't want Life and Death?...

It always wins the most matchups!

But the bulk factor is why I'm kinda "eh" about it

Just now, NekoKnight said:

At least you can get LaD2 (or promote her) from Hana. But I really want a Minerva for my flier team.

It's ironic, I pulled a 4* Hana a long time ago and thought "great, LnD3 fodder whenever I need it!", but then I learned that she can pull off a powerful speedy Brave Sword+ build, and then it turns out that the nature I needed to pull it off best, +Spd -Res, was exactly what that 4* Hana had.

Basically, so much for LnD3 fodder...

I'd really like to have Minerva, but otherwise I'm not very tempted. I can't afford to roll for her and skill fodder 5* units over dat Corrin.. I've eaten the 20k feathers for LaD3 so many times now I'm pretty used to it.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Esp on Anna. Had LnD2 on her and ive questioning between it and Fury 3

She gets 31 Res 

She basically turns into an off-Res tank that never gets doubled!

My main gripe with L&D is that without being paired with desperation, it's really not that good as while you double more often, the unit also has a higher risk of being one shotted on the counterattack, essentially relegating that unit to only attacking units that cannot retaliate. Desperation solves this, of course, but some characters like Celica don't run desperation, so I don't really understand L&D on her.

L&D also pretty much kills the unit's enemy phase potential, making them less flexible, though this only really becomes a problem in TT and Chain Challenges.

22 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

My main gripe with L&D is that without being paired with desperation, it's really not that good as while you double more often, the unit also has a higher risk of being one shotted on the counterattack, essentially relegating that unit to only attacking units that cannot retaliate. Desperation solves this, of course, but some characters like Celica don't run desperation, so I don't really understand L&D on her.

L&D also pretty much kills the unit's enemy phase potential, making them less flexible, though this only really becomes a problem in TT and Chain Challenges.

The bar of retaliation is much higher than you might think though.

That, and stuff like Ranged Unit have a built in nulificaion of LnD

Also Cellica is one of the common Desperation unit. Although its closer to "shes so versatile Desper is one of her options"

2 hours ago, XRay said:

But Olwen is faster.... I've checked it with Kagerochart, Reinhardt with Blarblade, , emblem buff and Goad,  got 147 kills when Olwen got 149 kills 

Edited by DraceEmpressa