• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

It's pretty interesting that Raven Sophia at *4 with the exact same build as *5 Sophia with her default tome actually only does SLIGHTLY worse (she loses a bit more, but only wins BARELY less). The raven tome really is made for her.

So... I feel like I've asked this before. Who are the best Raven users of each color?

Sophia -M!Robin? - Soren/Merric/Boey/M!Robin?

• Soren's defense is bad for bows
  • Merric/Boey's Res is bad for mages
  • so F!Robin?

Also... has anyone EVER seen Raven Nino? Does she even exist?

Including every factor?

Sophia, Reinhardt, idk for Green

The reason its IDK for Green is Cancel Affinity otherwise i would say S Camilla lol

Green is basically a toss between F Robin @SatsumaFSoysoy and PTSD

Edited by JSND

19 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you have a +Def Lukas, maybe you could try taking off Fortress Def for something else? He already has 41 Def. He can be even more offensive than he already is.

I pulled a +Atk Lukas during the Delthea banner

5 stars....

Right after I build my Oboro

So when Valter rolls around, I'm going to have 3 counter killers

Fricking sweet 

18 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I have both Effie and Lukas, who should I use?

Lukas is really good for Enemy Phase, while Effie is really good for... both Phases lol. Brave Lance build is insane, but she's also great for Distant Counter. She is physically less tanky, but she also has better Res. She even fits on an Armor team. Downside is 1 Mov, and her full builds are a lot more expensive, though she is pretty functional out of the box.

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I pulled a +Atk Lukas during the Delthea banner

5 stars....

Right after I build my Oboro

So when Valter rolls around, I'm going to have 3 counter killers

Fricking sweet 

Wow! So you pulled better Oboro and don't need her anymore!

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow! So you pulled better Oboro and don't need her anymore!

.... that's not what I said

I want to like you, I really do, but you keep insisting on acting like scum

Nohrian scum

4 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

.... that's not what I said

I want to like you, I really do, but you keep insisting on acting like scum

Nohrian scum

But Arcanite said only stats matter!!!

I'm sorry, I'll S Support you in Fates right now.

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

Green is basically a toss between F Robin @SatsumaFSoysoy and PTSD

+Spd Merric would be great, but his 19 Res sucks balls lol. F!Robin is the closest thing to Sophia I guess.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They do only matter! 

But they also didn't need anything else for their roster because Nino wins everything so they said screw it and yolo promoted Oboro

Such good taste~

DON'T S SUPPORT ME

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Nobody gives a shit about Res

-Res is probably the best bane for most

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

+Spd Merric would be great, but his 19 Res sucks balls lol. F!Robin is the closest thing to Sophia I guess.

Yeah i honestly think S Camilla is the top end since the 35 ATK advantage is pretty huge though despite that Res. TA should be enough to defend against Reinhardt

Related i'm REALLY surprised how despite having the tankiest mage overall(iirc), Cecilia is surprisingly one of the "bulker" Green Magi. The rates as simmilarly skewed back by Julia, Sonya, Nino existing

@phineas81707 Ryoma have 34/35 to Lucina 34/36 and Hana 35/36. Hana is better by 3 kills over Ryoma. Generally speaking they are an Abel - Peri case where the difference is IIRC so small it doesn't matter much

Fates Ryoma outclass Hana because Hana is a 3DS era unit while Ryoma is a GBA era unit. On top of Ryoma being an early joiner or so i heard(Camilla is effectively a chapter 4 unit, and Xander is a chapter 10 unit)

That said outclass is such a stupid argument sometimes. Sain outclass Kent and Lowen, but fact remains that Kent and Lowen is still better than Bartre

Edited by JSND

49 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you have a +Def Lukas, maybe you could try taking off Fortress Def for something else? He already has 41 Def. He can be even more offensive than he already is.

I need him to wall out some of the units in Chain Challenges and stuff like that. Against swords, 46 defense is overkill, but against archers and sometimes lances and thieves, he's either right where he can take 0 damage or is slightly off. Most of his damage comes from Ignis anyway and he's more of a bait a unit or section off a unit from everyone else.

This is partly a problem of not actually having any units geared to deal with archers and colorless units for that matter other than special map Cecilia, a +Atk M!Robin, and F!Robin with Gronnraven+. None of them have Bowbreaker and none of them even have T-Adept. So, I just bring him along to bait stuff that others can't or just to bait in general so my glass cannon units don't have to take unnecessary damage if they can't reach for some reason.

Also, green mage issues. Even as 4* units, I'm still wary about using Raigh and Sophia for anything unless I know nothing will go wrong like if everyone died, but Merric and I'm on my next team then sure, let's have Sophia deal with him. Otherwise, I'd try to find ways to bait axes or anything that isn't a green mage which is sometimes possible and sometimes not.

The horror of Palla doing 0 damage to a Boey in the higher stratums and Boey with 33 speed saying no to getting doubled by Lucina on a lunatic TT... Or Sophia taking more damage from green mages... Why. Why can't I have a red mage who's fast or has stupidly high resistance?

46 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

My heart is melting. I need him in my life! I've really been hurting for a good infantry non-mage blue. I've got lots of mages, but we're pretty limited on infantry lances. Donnel's not bad. Sharena isn't either, but she doesn't fill the role I need her to. I need the great wall of Lukas.

It doesn't help that with lance infantry, 3 of them are 5*, 2 of them are seasonal, and fulfill niches the remaining don't. Bride Charlotte is your offensive powerhouse, Ephraim is another slow, bulky lance infantry, but he's also a really good support bot, and summer F!Robin is the only lance infantry with good resistance and in general, she's a pretty good all-around tank despite her low HP.

That leaves Donnel, Lukas, Oboro, and Sharena. Of those 4, 2 of them are free and arguably pretty similar. Donnel and Sharena are jacks of all trades where Donnel's selling point is he comes with a Brave Lance by default and as a villager, has higher BST. Sharena has a legendary, two buff skills by default, and is about faster, but has less defense and attack. Lukas is rarer, but is the physical wall and Oboro is in a very unfortunate situation of being fairly balanced except for speed and having lower attack and defense than Lukas for resistance that doesn't really matter when she usually gets doubled.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It matters a bit more if you're a mage.

You may as well say that for any ranged character, while you're at it.

13 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

-Res is probably the best bane for most

yeh

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That leaves Donnel, Lukas, Oboro, and Sharena. Of those 4, 2 of them are free and arguably pretty similar. Donnel and Sharena are jacks of all trades where Donnel's selling point is he comes with a Brave Lance by default and as a villager, has higher BST. Sharena has a legendary, two buff skills by default, and is about faster, but has less defense and attack. Lukas is rarer, but is the physical wall and Oboro is in a very unfortunate situation of being fairly balanced except for speed and having lower attack and defense than Lukas for resistance that doesn't really matter when she usually gets doubled.

Donnel isn't really a JOAT. 35 ATK lopsides him so much

I'd argue characteristic a unit need to be JOAT is arguably to have around 31-33 Speed

The closest unit to become JOAT in the game so far is like.... Camus. His only downs is lack of Res, but the guy can legitimately run all but the most specialized set on Blue Lance and Rank as #2-3 on all of them

Although that might be closer to Master of All. Like Reinhardt

Edited by JSND

Just now, Soul~! said:

You may as well say that for any ranged character, while you're at it.

As shown by Virion and a WHOOOOOOOOLE bunch of other archers/Daggers, that's not true lol

Bows don't care about their Res. They care about their attack and speed. Why do you think everyone wants brave bow set? lol

11 minutes ago, JSND said:

@phineas81707 Ryoma have 34/35 to Lucina 34/36 and Hana 35/36. Hana is better by 3 kills over Ryoma. Generally speaking they are an Abel - Peri case where the difference is IIRC so small it doesn't matter much

Fates Ryoma outclass Hana because Hana is a 3DS era unit while Ryoma is a GBA era unit. On top of Ryoma being an early joiner or so i heard(Camilla is effectively a chapter 4 unit, and Xander is a chapter 10 unit)

That said outclass is such a stupid argument sometimes. Sain outclass Kent and Lowen, but fact remains that Kent and Lowen is still better than Bartre

DS versus GBA?

I've got both and the idea to compare suddenly occurred to me- and honestly, since Hana only has lower defence and HP, I half-wonder if she does the mage-countering job 'better'. I'm definitely sticking with the Brave nuke once I procure a Brave Sword (Hana is nuking everything with 4* and a plain Silver Sword) because innate gear.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

As shown by Virion and a WHOOOOOOOOLE bunch of other archers/Daggers, that's not true lol

Bows don't care about their Res. They care about their attack and speed. Why do you think everyone wants brave bow set? lol

Which is why I mentioned it.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

DS versus GBA?

I've got both and the idea to compare suddenly occurred to me- and honestly, since Hana only has lower defence and HP, I half-wonder if she does the mage-countering job 'better'. I'm definitely sticking with the Brave nuke once I procure a Brave Sword (Hana is nuking everything with 4* and a plain Silver Sword) because innate gear.

Ryoma is a standard Dive into everything and counter with 1-2 range weapon which basically defines a standard good unit from GBA era like Marcus, Seth, and Paladin Sain

I mean i guess the 1-2 nerf didn't happen in DS era(they nerfed the MT in FE12 and thats the closest it gets), but DS era is Glass Cannon Emblem for all but the most absurd unit

Edited by JSND