Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

58 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Man, Heroes could do SO much with the various worlds and portals and whatnot.  Imagine if Virion was pushed out because he bucked Veronica, who decided to incite a riot as consequence?  I'm not sure how Valter would fit in there, but it would be quite something!

I really hope that some upcoming features do have more interaction between characters. I play Tales of Link as well, and they have various characters from various games interacting in all sorts of weird and wonderful scenarios. While I wouldn't want it to go as far as that does (characters locked inside a dream world so they can participate in a sports day? Though I guess the Easter festival, etc, wasn't far off), things like this would be interesting.

31 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And now I'm thinking of the Man in the Iron Mask with Valter and Virion.

Virion even has the accent xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So we're less than 24hrs from watching the CYL livestream, thoughts on it? Here I am hoping for Mani Katti Lyn with -1 CD, +10 dmg upon triggering special, horse and armor effectiveness, who cares about balance. Also, Roy with built in Distant Counter, +5 def/res on combat and eff against dragons. Ike with Regal Blade and Lucina with a log!

Dang. I feel like I had a really productive weekend. I've been meaning to fully build my 5 stars for a really long time (partially to free up some barracks space), so I'm going to be cracking down on that for the next few weekends. This weekend I built, Ike, Gray, Laslow, "Marth," Ephraim, Ninian, Minerva, Julia, Summer Elise, Sonya, Innes, Jeorge, and Lachesis. That gives me 39 characters leveled and built. Maybe they're not "optimal" builds, but they'll function in the Arena which will give me way more options in Arena Assault. 

I've still got 29 more characters to build though. ;A; But maybe I'll be finished by the end of next month.

But also new maps!!! Yay!!! 

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So what am I looking at in these new maps?

Super duper easy if you have high leveled characters. Easy difficulty is Lv. 5 and Hard is Lv. 15. If you want to use low level characters, I suppose the biggest difficulty is that all the enemies are armors. But they're spread out far enough that you could easily chip away at them if you really REALLY wanted to.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Super duper easy if you have high leveled characters. Easy difficulty is Lv. 5 and Hard is Lv. 15. If you want to use low level characters, I suppose the biggest difficulty is that all the enemies are armors. But they're spread out far enough that you could easily chip away at them if you really REALLY wanted to.

Yeah, I used the horses (for some reason) I was just wondering what explanation there might be.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Yeah, I used the horses (for some reason) I was just wondering what explanation there might be.

I'm thinking it's "we're throwing you a bone because there are going to be a few great banners coming up soon." Free orbs just because. It's probably also part of the 6 month anniversary. 

I REFUSE TO QUESTION THE EXISTENCE OF FREE ORBS!

Though if I have a ton of mages to train, I should've brought them to that map.  Here's hoping the rest are pretty easy~!

So, I started a new account were I wanted to see how far in the game I can get only using 2 star units (or, the upgraded version, how far I can get with only free units without upgrading them). While this is more of a challenge/experiment, I actually had a few thoughts about the current "use" of 1* and 2* characterts. I opened a Reddit Thread, but as it's of course normal for the FEH Reddit, discussions get like 3 answers. So I just copy my thoughts here (or better open a thread for that?):

So, as some of you may have seen, I opened a thread where I asked if anyone tried to get as far into the game with only 1* / 2* units.

Long story short, I am currently doing this. However, on a more serious note, I would actually like to talk about 1* / 2* units and if they are even needed anymore.

First of all, we all know many maps can be beaten with only 3* or 4* units. There are more than enough videos of that on Youtube. The same can't be said about 1* and 2* units, because they are far more limited (to the startes, the daily Hero battles and Narcian/FRobin (well, and that one time 2* Draug who was a quest reward)) and also have no access to the specialized weapons, like Sapphire/Emeral/Ruby weapons or even something like Dance for Olivia.

Since we don't even get any more 2* I would even argue 1* and 2* Heroes could be completely removed from the game for the player and only be available for the enemy, to not screw with the balancing. However, removing them now and replacing them also seems weird.

Therefore, I would propose various things that could be done:

• Change up the daily hero battle maps, so we actually get other heroes as neutral free heroes. Being neutral means even veterans can use them, if they got screwed over by bad IVs.
  • Instead of Changing up, simply add more daily heroes, preferrably new ones, so we could get access to several of the new abilites without having to pull 4* or 5* versions.
  • Make a free daily/weekly pull available, that works like the current pulls, but with rates for 1/2/3* instead of 3/4/5*.

As it stands now, there are so few 1/2 heroes and we probably won't get any new ones, that unless something changes they are just pretty much useless, unless trained to 3* and above. And if we have to train them to actually use them in the first place, why make them available like this? It's not like the feathers we need to upgrade them to 3* are hard to come by nowadays, unlike back when the game was released.

Anyway, thoughts? Am I wrong? I am eagerly awaiting your insults answers.

Edited by Marston

More orbs is always welcome. Not spending a single one. Here's hoping Amelia is demoted to *4 and not Innes.

Saving all further orbs for CYL.

Edited by Zeo

4 hours ago, Marston said:

• Change up the daily hero battle maps, so we actually get other heroes as neutral free heroes. Being neutral means even veterans can use them, if they got screwed over by bad IVs.
  • Instead of Changing up, simply add more daily heroes, preferrably new ones, so we could get access to several of the new abilites without having to pull 4* or 5* versions.
  • Make a free daily/weekly pull available, that works like the current pulls, but with rates for 1/2/3* instead of 3/4/5*.

As it stands now, there are so few 1/2 heroes and we probably won't get any new ones, that unless something changes they are just pretty much useless, unless trained to 3* and above. And if we have to train them to actually use them in the first place, why make them available like this? It's not like the feathers we need to upgrade them to 3* are hard to come by nowadays, unlike back when the game was released.

I would like to see the seasonal characters all released as 1* versions to at least allow people to complete their catalog of heroes.

I don't see that being a problem at all because it would take a lot of time and feather investment to make the 5* and with neutral natures they won't be the absolute most viable options. Plus, it would just be one copy so you wouldn't see a whole bunch of +10 versions of them running around.

Adding a 3% summon rate for 1* versions of some of the 5* exclusives would be an interesting idea. It would still be a very low chance to get them, and they would require a lot of investment to make them 5*. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to get a 1* Hector or Hinoka.

34 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I would like to see the seasonal characters all released as 1* versions to at least allow people to complete their catalog of heroes.

I don't see that being a problem at all because it would take a lot of time and feather investment to make the 5* and with neutral natures they won't be the absolute most viable options. Plus, it would just be one copy so you wouldn't see a whole bunch of +10 versions of them running around.

Adding a 3% summon rate for 1* versions of some of the 5* exclusives would be an interesting idea. It would still be a very low chance to get them, and they would require a lot of investment to make them 5*. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to get a 1* Hector or Hinoka.

A 1* is only a few minutes and 2220 feathers away from a 4*.

It'd completely undermine their business model.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Slightly unrelated, but I've started playing SNES Mystery... and my goddess, the song for Mystery maps is so spot on...

It has a lot of beautiful pieces, specially this one.

Spoiler

It is by far my fave of the game. It's a shame Heroes only used it for Navarre's map :(

8 hours ago, Marston said:

So, I started a new account were I wanted to see how far in the game I can get only using 2 star units (or, the upgraded version, how far I can get with only free units without upgrading them). While this is more of a challenge/experiment, I actually had a few thoughts about the current "use" of 1* and 2* characterts. I opened a Reddit Thread, but as it's of course normal for the FEH Reddit, discussions get like 3 answers. So I just copy my thoughts here (or better open a thread for that?):

So, as some of you may have seen, I opened a thread where I asked if anyone tried to get as far into the game with only 1* / 2* units.

Long story short, I am currently doing this. However, on a more serious note, I would actually like to talk about 1* / 2* units and if they are even needed anymore.

First of all, we all know many maps can be beaten with only 3* or 4* units. There are more than enough videos of that on Youtube. The same can't be said about 1* and 2* units, because they are far more limited (to the startes, the daily Hero battles and Narcian/FRobin (well, and that one time 2* Draug who was a quest reward)) and also have no access to the specialized weapons, like Sapphire/Emeral/Ruby weapons or even something like Dance for Olivia.

Since we don't even get any more 2* I would even argue 1* and 2* Heroes could be completely removed from the game for the player and only be available for the enemy, to not screw with the balancing. However, removing them now and replacing them also seems weird.

I think they'll change out the daily hero maps eventually. Even if they just stick with the current crop of 3 stars to pull from, there's plenty that they could put in. The novelty of some of the older 4*s (ie: the ones that have been in since launch) being made into daily units  could be nice too.

A daily/weekly/other (maybe sacred coins instead of orbs? hm!) 1/2/3 banner would also be interesting, though I'm not sure how they'd divvy up the characters. I don't see them just dunking every current character by 2 for it, you know?

Does feel like even the dev team thought they weren't worth really keeping around beyond introduction characters &easy stages though. No special stages have offered 2* characters since Narcian I believe.

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

I think they'll change out the daily hero maps eventually. Even if they just stick with the current crop of 3 stars to pull from, there's plenty that they could put in. The novelty of some of the older 4*s (ie: the ones that have been in since launch) being made into daily units  could be nice too.

A daily/weekly/other (maybe sacred coins instead of orbs? hm!) 1/2/3 banner would also be interesting, though I'm not sure how they'd divvy up the characters. I don't see them just dunking every current character by 2 for it, you know?

Does feel like even the dev team thought they weren't worth really keeping around beyond introduction characters &easy stages though. No special stages have offered 2* characters since Narcian I believe.

Narcian and FRobin were the only two GHBs were we got 2* and 3* versions. All other were 3* and 4*.

Also, a single quest gave out a 2* Draug, which is also the only 2* armor the game gave us so far.

7 minutes ago, Marston said:

Narcian and FRobin were the only two GHBs were we got 2* and 3* versions. All other were 3* and 4*.

Also, a single quest gave out a 2* Draug, which is also the only 2* armor the game gave us so far.

Draug or Wendy absolutely should have been a daily unit. It was really silly not giving an armor away!

I have a question regarding merging. So far I have a 4☆ +4 Lon'qu, I'm wondering whether I should make him 4+10 or 5☆ right away, or make him 4+10 and promote him? I heard merged units +10 give +2 to all stats upon promoting, is it true?

= EDIT =

Nope nvm, I just checked the gamepedia and it says at lv. +5 all stats are increased by +2 and at lv. +10 it increases all stats +4, but it doesn't mention bonuses upon promoting. I guess I'll just make him 4☆+10 and pray for a better sword+

Edited by Quintessence
Questions answered

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I have a question regarding merging. So far I have a 4☆ +4 Lon'qu, I'm wondering whether I should make him 4+10 or 5☆ right away, or make him 4+10 and promote him? I heard merged units +10 give +2 to all stats upon promoting, is it true?

Merges are lost upon upgrading to a higher star rating.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Merges are lost upon upgrading to a higher star rating.

Meh that sucks, specially when I have a +4 Chrom. I think I'll have on my promoting list both Chrom and Robin (for Falchion, Aether and Blárraven+, respectively) and keep Lon'qu and Cherche as 4☆s and make them +10. In the same way, if I keep getting Clarines I'll make her +10 as well.

= EDIT =

After clearing CC of Paralogues 9-10 and sending home a random Florina I got, I decided to 5☆ a random Cecilia to pass Gronrraven+ to Camilla. Now with Iote's Shield and G Tomebreaker 3 she'll be unstoppable! Come at me arrows!

Edited by Quintessence

Random thought: there's no 3* units from Tellius or Magvel.  A prospective list, should they ever choose to add them.  Somewhat popular units, but not too popular that you would think would only be 5* or at least 4-5*

Sword: Franz

Lance: Oscar

Axe: Boyd

Bow: Rolf (Or even Astrid or Geoffrey if they ever decide to give us Horse Archers)

Staff: Rhys

Dagger: Colm

Red Tome: Ewan

Blue Tome: Ilyana

Green Tome: L'Arachel (Wishful thinking on my part, she'd probably be 5* exclusive)

It's nice to see the daily maps, but I wish they had a Hard or Lunatic difficulty to give a bit of a challenge, but I won't complain about easy Orbs.  I hope they renew a new batch of Daily Orbs though and this isn't their replacement.

I hope fortune favors me, assuming they don't have a non-conventional way of getting the CYL units, I've got some Orbs saved up, but I really want to get all of them.

There's also no 3* units for FE2, 4 or 5. Ok, ok, technically FE2/Echoes has Palla & est but you know what I mean.

Feel like Leif could be a 3* unit. Robin-M, Corrin-F and Eliwood are all 3 stars, so they're not against putting main "lords" in the 3* pool