Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Othin said:

yessssssss

Legendary weapons for everyone! And as with the speculation, you get to pick one to summon for free! I'm going for Lyn and then seeing if I can summon Ike via orbs.

Ditto, though I'll be going after the other three equally. Finally, a mounted archer! :D

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn is a horse archer!

Well, that settles it and apparently we can get a free hero? Sweet, I finally have a decent archer and a 5* archer. Cue CYL Lyn having 22 base attack and getting a -Atk version of her if the free CYL summon isn't neutral-only stats.

Guess I'll have to get lucky with the other ones since CYL Ike with Urvan is cool, but eventual Greil with Urvan would be even better. I wonder if my unholy green luck will be enough to get him... Oh, wait, it got me a summer Elise and summer Xander when I wanted summer F!Corrin, so, of course it will be. Probably not going try to get Lucina or Roy, but I would be glad to have them.

Wow so...CYL huh?

They all look interesting to me, so really don't know who to pick.. 

Do I complete Lucina Emblem?
Or...perhapsI let Lyn join her other two incarnations? (Not to mention, Horse Archer hype!)
Or...maybe I should let Ike join his sword version?
Or...finally get a 5* version of Roy?

Some decision to make this one. :S

Edited by Tactician_Iris

Looks like the power creep continues with some of those ridiculous weapon effects. Which makes plenty of sense, since they've demonstrated that it's a thing they're willing to do, and this is a plenty appropriate place for it. Plus, getting one for free helps.

I like how they made a modified Durandal for Roy. Durandal is a plenty appropriate weapon that I don't remember seeing anyone suggest, and continuing to make variants on legendary weapons is cool. Hopefully that means Sigurd will get a better Tyrfing, and maybe Roy will even get another appearance with a better Binding Blade.

Looks like they're taking the 'ham-fisted' approach to nerfing buffs---flat out canceling their boni through legendary weapons & skills. Drives and Spurs probably won't be affected, so we'll probably see a bit more in-combat buff stacking. Helpful for me since I rely more on my units naturally absurd offensive stat spreads, at least currently, although Leo will probably forever be sad with his legendary 25/25 offenses (-Atk/+Spd), lul.

(Edit: Also, wow Urvan wrecks braves hard, wonder if his stats are min-maxed to be Zephiel level, too. I doubt Ike will be too slow, though, so it'll mostly help against speed demons and braves rather than making Ike an indestructible brick with basically a better Wary Fighter---120% damage from a normal double, compared to Wary's 100% from a single hit, 120% from a brave double, compared to Wary's 200%, even a brave quad is only 160%, still less than 200%, further, it doesn't prevent Ike from doubling and isn't dependent on hp.

Pity the 'consecutive' bit will mostly trigger vs. ranged people and braves, meaning melees still do full damage, but Ike probably destroys melees on EP anyway. Desperation users should be dying before it comes online.)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hopefully that means Sigurd will get a better Tyrfing, and maybe Roy will even get another appearance with a better Binding Blade.

Don’t make me even more hyped for Jugdral than I already am, dammit!

Reinhardt's reign is getting  toppled slowly.

Lyn's bows nullifies a mage unit's buffs, slap fort cav on her and she's an anti rein. Plus she is immune to physical counters.

Ike's beorc blessings nullifies fliers and cavs buffs? -1CD and reduces 2nd consecutive atk by 80%? Poor brave and desperation units.

Also new skills, Roy has Darting/Armored Blow 2. Lyn has a new Threaten atk skill?

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Reinhardt's reign is getting  toppled slowly.

Lyn's bows nullifies a mage unit's buffs, slap fort cav on her and she's an anti rein. Plus she is immune to physical counters.

Ike's beorc blessings nullifies fliers and cavs buffs? -1CD and reduces 2nd consecutive atk by 80%? Poor brave and desperation units.

Also new skills, Roy has Darting/Armored Blow 2. Lyn has a new Threaten atk skill?

Pretty sure Ike reduces Brave damage by 80% by the wording?

All it means is its essentially a -10 damage

I have narrowed who I want for the CYL banner. It's down to Lyn, Lucina, and Ike. I'm leaning towards Ike so I can get another green hero and green is the least amount of 5 stars I have. As for Lyn and Lucina, it's for favoritism reasons.

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ike's beorc blessings nullifies fliers and cavs buffs?

Nullifies all buffs and effective (×1.5 Atk) against fliers and cavs.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Pretty sure Ike reduces Brave damage by 80% by the wording?

Desperation should count too, I think.

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, that settles it and apparently we can get a free hero? Sweet, I finally have a decent archer and a 5* archer. Cue CYL Lyn having 22 base attack and getting a -Atk version of her if the free CYL summon isn't neutral-only stats.

Guess I'll have to get lucky with the other ones since CYL Ike with Urvan is cool, but eventual Greil with Urvan would be even better. I wonder if my unholy green luck will be enough to get him... Oh, wait, it got me a summer Elise and summer Xander when I wanted summer F!Corrin, so, of course it will be. Probably not going try to get Lucina or Roy, but I would be glad to have them.

Hmm, good question. The free unit being neutral seems decently likely, now that you mention it. But with my only current 5* archer being -Atk s!Gaius, I wouldn't complain.

---

They didn't make any mention of the units being limited-time only, did they? If they add them to the regular summoning list with the usual two dropping to 4*, I'm assuming it'll be Roy and Lucina, as the second-place finishers and with them not having unique passives like the other two.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Nullifies all buffs and effective (×1.5 Atk) against fliers and cavs.

That's fucking crazy. So much for the most popular heroes. The fact that Kita Senri is the artist makes me think if I should get him before Lyn or what but ahhhhh

Dream Team Horse Emblem

Rein Cecilia Lyn Xander. RIP

I seriously need Ike because Anna is my only foot axe unit besides Xander.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

That's fucking crazy. So much for the most popular heroes. The fact that Kita Senri is the artist makes me think if I should get him before Lyn or what but ahhhhh

Dream Team Horse Emblem

Rein Cecilia Lyn Xander. RIP

I seriously need Ike because Anna is my only foot axe unit besides Xander.

Ike would really only become an issue if he went with Distant Counter set since Horse Emblem always had slight issue with Greens(see: Fae)

Distant Counter anything is usually weak though so lol. You could just run TA Xander and its GG

@Othin Lyn's passive is good in a sense that it dumpsters all over Distant Counter. In a sense Brave Lyn is basically Firesweep Cordelia with 3 Mov

Edited by JSND

Man, the weapons are all ridiculous but Ike's passive is so nuts while Lyn's doesn't even look that good.

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be a Hector nerf. But imagine it on other units.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm, good question. The free unit being neutral seems decently likely, now that you mention it. But with my only current 5* archer being -Atk s!Gaius, I wouldn't complain.

Granted, some characters can take hits to certain stats including -Atk or -Spd. Either they don't need it like most armors and really tanky units don't care about speed or the competition is so bad that even with -Atk, they're still good like -Atk Cherche, Chrom, bride Cordelia, and Effie are still pretty strong compared to the other units with their attack. -Atk and -Spd bride Cordelia is only as bad as Takumi from what I remember.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Thankfully its locked lol

Seriously speaking Lyn is about the only unit who can really make use of it other than characters that are already a worse Lyn

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Ike would really only become an issue if he went with Distant Counter set since Horse Emblem always had slight issue with Greens(see: Fae)

Distant Counter anything is usually weak though so lol. You could just run TA Xander and its GG

@Othin Lyn's passive is good in a sense that it dumpsters all over Distant Counter. In a sense Brave Lyn is basically Firesweep Cordelia with 3 Mov

I think there are better B slot skills than "turn off Distant Counter". Being impossible for Distant Counter units to counter isn't nearly as exciting as being impossible for anything to counter.

Speaking of a lack of counters, it's pretty funny comparing this to Lyn's earlier alternate form, with Candlestick and Dazzling Staff.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

It's not inheritable.

Is Hector even still a big concern? Everyone's had time to upgrade Xander if they want by now, and there are plenty of other counters to him as well.

Edited by Othin

So my main account will go straight for Lyn because I don't have a 5 star archer and I'm also low on orbs on that one. Then I'll hunt for Ike.

Second account is a bit lacking in non-flying greens though so kind of tempted to pick Ike but picking Lyn saves me the frustration of colourless hell. That said this account has more orbs and I just got a Hinoka recently so I was planning to look for Summer Corrin but I feel like I should stop hunting for Summer Corrin now?

I think there are better B slot skills than "turn off Distant Counter". Being impossible for Distant Counter units to counter isn't nearly as exciting as being impossible for anything to counter.

Beating DC is already 1/2 of the ussual issue/answer to B slot on Archer though

Currently the only skill we had is one that turn off Raven, so the other being turn off DC still makes it a solid choice