Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

36 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I think a good 90% of the time "bad unit" in this game mostly just means you have to put in a bit more effort to make them shine.

99% of the time it means, not as good as S+++ tier units. 1% of the time it means Berkut, Clive, Odin, etc.

I just sacrificed Ogma's brave sword to Caeda and looking at the pic above, I'm wondering if I should have given it to Seth instead....

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I know I'm of the opinion that you can make any unit work if you like them enough.

I wish you luck in the never ending SP grind. 

Yeah, I guess. :P

And thanks! This'll be the most SP grinding I do since Ike. lol

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bravely Braving Bravest Braved Braver Brave Bartre the Bravest Brave Braved Braver Braving Bravely. Or BBBBBBBBBBBBB for short.

latest?cb=20170125174044

You know what's confusing? They're calling it the Brave Banner- but nobody is using Brave weapons. 

Hey, I have that sticker on LINE! Those Bravely Default stickers were so worth it :)

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

99% of the time it means, not as good as S+++ tier units. 1% of the time it means Berkut, Clive, Odin, etc.

Eh, tiers are dumb. Even that 1% can be made useable on the players end, if that +4 Odin with LaD3 I ran across in the arena is anything to go by. 

11 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Eh, tiers are dumb. Even that 1% can be made useable on the players end, if that +4 Odin with LaD3 I ran across in the arena is anything to go by. 

That 1% he listed are actually all above average units: Clive and Berkut are on horses, Odin is a tome user with a great speed tier and bulk. (Odin even starts with -blade, no matter how you look at it he's a great unit---he has the 'Seth' [Edit: SS Seth, not the one in FEH] advantage in that his kit will be 20k feathers ahead of another tomer's kit simply from starting with his ideal weapon, and that'll keep him ahead for quite awhile. For 20k feathers Linde gets his tome, but Odin would have L&D 3 by then. He can't compete with Reinhardt or the like, but he's definitely up there.)

Edited by DehNutCase

41 minutes ago, Arn said:

So, I decided to play this, do I need to reroll until I get something decent or I'm daijobu? Keep in mind that I don't spend a penny on mobile trash, but I heard this game is F2P friendly and since I'm sorta addicted to FE I'd like to try this one.

It's a very F2P friendly game compared to others I've played, although you have to like the characters you get if that is the case. 

It might be worth rerolling until you get a 5*, but you can usually work with whatever you get. You will get the option of getting a free 5* in a few days when the new banner comes out. 

And this isn't mobile trash. Definitely mobile treasure, imo ^.^ They've put a lot of work into it :) 

2 minutes ago, Arn said:

Looks like this game is unplayable on emulators? First it was Fate/GO and now this. :(

I'm playing it on an emulator---but you do have to jump through a bit of hoops. (I'm actually using the way the people play Fate/GO on emulators to play this on an emulator.)

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That 1% he listed is actually all above average units: Clive and Berkut are on a horse, Odin is a tome user with a great speed tier and bulk. (Odin even starts with -blade, no matter how you look at it he's a great unit---he has the 'Seth' [Edit: SS Seth, not the one in FEH] advantage in that his kit will be 20k feathers ahead of another tomer's kit simply from starting with his ideal weapon, and that'll keep him ahead for quite awhile. For 20k feather Linde gets his tome, but Odin would have L&D 3 by then. He can't compete with Reinhardt or the like, but he's definitely up there.)

Good points. I just know that a lot of tier lists have all of those units near the bottom in large part because the general line of thinking seems to be "why use x when y could use the same thing better?" which is honestly a shame. 

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Good points. I just know that a lot of tier lists have all of those units near the bottom in large part because the general line of thinking seems to be "why use x when y could use the same thing better?" which is honestly a shame. 

Yeah, the beauty in this game is that most of the characters are usable and can even be pretty great with SI and a little bit of love (and of course the right nature.)

Then you have units like Florina that are just.... ouch.

6 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

They are in the bottom... of their own categories, which happen to be the top two categories in the game, horses and tomers. [Edit: Odin's actually probably top 50% even amongst tomers, but he needs quite a bit more support in team building so he's a bit of niche than other options. Linde can go to town with just her default Tome and no team support, but Odin needs some buffers to have a good offense to abuse his bulk with. That is, while his offenses are comparable and his bulk is significantly higher than other Infantry tomers, his support rank would be quite a bit worse. Linde would be something like: A/C/C/B/A while Odin would be A/A/B/B/C in terms of Offense/Bulk/Counter-kill/Mobility/Support]

People ranking tier lists are comparing them to other horses and tomers and then stuffing them amongst Infantry, Armors, and Melees for some god forsaken reason. Yes, I'll never use Berkut because Camus exists, but that isn't a reason to put Berkut below, say, Roy or Ephraim.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm playing it on an emulator---but you do have to jump through a bit of hoops. (I'm actually using the way the people play Fate/GO on emulators to play this on an emulator.)

With Virtual Machine? Ugh... I'm not gonna setup a VM to play a game. Guess I'll just drop it, then.

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Odin would be A/A/B/B/C in terms of Offense/Bulk/Counter-kill/Mobility/Support]

That ranking is stupidly high lmao

Wasn't Reinhardt A/A/A/A/C in your rank? Odin's only 2 rank lower which is kinda crazy

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

That ranking is stupidly high lmao

Wasn't Reinhardt A/A/A/A/C in your rank? Odin's only 2 rank lower which is kinda crazy

That's because A is a very 'soft' rank for me---a downside of using only like 4 different ranks (and E is basically reserved for melee armor mobility). But, actually, with full support, Odin's matchup spread is very close to Linde and Reinahrdt's level on the offenses---for Linde, it's because his bulk means he can get kills she'd get OHKOd on the counter for trying, for Reinhardt, it's because he has an actual speed stat. His bulk is basically as good as it gets thanks to huge hp, passable def/res, and monstrous defensive speed tier. Mobility is B because he has a tome but no horse, support is C because god damn does he need a good buffer around to function.

Edit: Mind, raw rank numbers doesn't denote viability. You can value Offenses over everything, in which case Linde's bulk and counter-kill rank doesn't even matter, you can value mobility very highly (like I do), and automatically make horses and tomers A-tier simply because they aren't footlocked melee units. Yeah, Odin has a crazy high score, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a viable pickup, depending on how much you value each of his traits. If you just want people who function without support, for example, Odin's not for you due to his bad Support rank.

Edited by DehNutCase

I've been saving most of my lunatic Chain Challenges for when I need some emergency orbs. I think this CYL banner is the proper emergency for breaking the glass. There's 78 orbs left here, but it will take me days to collect. God I hope the banner isn't just a week long. Seasonal banners never are but...

12 minutes ago, Arn said:

Hmmm, ty. I'm gonna check this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6lj17d/how_to_play_in_memu_150_solution/

That's the link to the version of MEmu you need to install, I believe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6lavi6/possible_psa_for_ios_jailbroken_users_v150/djvba9y/

That's a link to a pair of links on how to delete deviceAccount:.xml (you'll need to do this when the 803 error pops up or when you're rerolling).

1 hour ago, Arn said:

So, I decided to play this, do I need to reroll until I get something decent or I'm daijobu? Keep in mind that I don't spend a penny on mobile trash, but I heard this game is F2P friendly and since I'm sorta addicted to FE I'd like to try this one.

Well, when the CYL banner is released on the 31, you can pick one of them for free and I think the Hero Fest banner is still available for new players. Anyway, all of the CYL units are good and I don't want to influence you on who to pick, so, decide on what you want: a powerful sword cavalier, a powerful axe infantry, a powerful lance infantry, or a powerful cavalry archer. No idea what units you have and how long you've been playing, but if none of them are your favorite characters, you could pick on who you think would benefit you the most. For example, I don't have a 5* archer and I've struggled to get an archer that I like and has a good boon and bane, so I would pick Lyn. Someone else might be having issues getting axe units, so they might pick Ike. Bonus points if they also struggled to get normal Ike and now they can have both: Ike and a good axe unit.

And as always, just ask here or the Q&A thread: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68792-ask-fire-emblem-heroes-questions-and-get-them-answered-here-thread/, if you want help. Might take a bit if someone doesn't notice your post.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Nice, I must have missed that. How did people discover her stats?

Some of us also tried to guess Lucina and Ike's stats too. Shameless plug go: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/73807-summoning-focus-brave-heroes/&do=findComment&comment=4964043! :p

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, the beauty in this game is that most of the characters are usable and can even be pretty great with SI and a little bit of love (and of course the right nature.)

Then you have units like Florina that are just.... ouch.

-Atk nature units are still salvagable.

You just have to think outside the box of what is considered "meta" setups.

As someone who runs a 5☆ Odin with Fury, Desperation and Luna I must say he's quite good. Really far from the stereotypical glass cannon like how Nino, Linde and Delthea are, but his bulk is something I appreciate.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

As someone who runs a 5☆ Odin with Fury, Desperation and Luna I must say he's quite good. Really far from the stereotypical glass cannon like how Nino, Linde and Delthea are, but his bulk is something I appreciate.

Yeah, I can't really see any mage be unviable with a -blade tome. And Odin comes with his. His biggest flaw is a middling Atk stat, but that's the one thing blade tomes are meant to address. Just don't expect him to break down Green walls as easily Nino breaks down red ones. The only thing remaining that holds him back is he isn't a cavalry who can earn +24 damage to his blade attacks.

12 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, I can't really see any mage be unviable with a -blade tome. And Odin comes with his. His biggest flaw is a middling Atk stat, but that's the one thing blade tomes are meant to address. Just don't expect him to break down Green walls as easily Nino breaks down red ones. The only thing remaining that holds him back is he isn't a cavalry who can earn +24 damage to his blade attacks.

While the setup isn't as easy since he's infantry versus cavalry... His base kit Defiant Atk gives is surprisingly synergistic with his usual tanking shenanigans. A support unit like Eirika or Ephraim could easily boost him to respectable thresholds.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Am I the only one who thing Brave Ike's Axe, Urvan, is meant to counter Laguz units. It'd make sense for the Laguz to be colorless Cavalry and Flying units, as the land ones move quickly, and it covers 2 of the 3 types they'd be in all probability. 

16 minutes ago, Shogus00 said:

Am I the only one who thing Brave Ike's Axe, Urvan, is meant to counter Laguz units. It'd make sense for the Laguz to be colorless Cavalry and Flying units, as the land ones move quickly, and it covers 2 of the 3 types they'd be in all probability. 

Urvan's effect is Killer and consecutive attack mitigation. You're confusing it with his passive B skill Beorc's Blessing.

And it doesn't make sense for Laguz to be colorless because that would stifle unit diversity.