Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, Shogus00 said:

Am I the only one who thing Brave Ike's Axe, Urvan, is meant to counter Laguz units. It'd make sense for the Laguz to be colorless Cavalry and Flying units, as the land ones move quickly, and it covers 2 of the 3 types they'd be in all probability. 

The axe doesn't counter that, the skill does. I can see Beorc blessing considering Laguz in its conception, I suppose, though "colorless" (I've never gotten why people put them in colorless, honestly) has nothing to do with. A nice coincidence even if it wasn't intended.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

19 minutes ago, Shogus00 said:

Am I the only one who thing Brave Ike's Axe, Urvan, is meant to counter Laguz units. It'd make sense for the Laguz to be colorless Cavalry and Flying units, as the land ones move quickly, and it covers 2 of the 3 types they'd be in all probability. 

If we ever get bird and beast Laguz, the birds make sense as flying, but I assume the beasts will be infantry. In FE9/10, beast Laguz have normal infantry movement when not transformed, and in Heroes, they'll probably follow the Manaketes in transforming only in battle while reverting out of battle. Also, beast Laguz being weak to Ridersbanes would just be weird.

I was think of what the other top 10 CYl characters would wear.

• Hector: Appearance in The Binding Blade.
  • Chrom : Great knight reclass wielding an ax 
  • Marth: Knight with the Fire Emblem as his shield.
  • Ephraim: Great Lord promotion.
  • mRobin: Grandmaster with a levin sword 
  • Takumi: Kinshi Knight
  • Tharja: Dark Knight
  • Camilla: Sorcerer
  • fCorrin: Nohrian Noble with the Shadow Yato
  • Eirika: Great Lord promotion.
  • Cordelia: Hero with an ax
  • Azura: Falcon Knight with sing
  • Micaiah: Light Priestess.
  • Nowi: Mage
  • Leo: Malig Knight with tomes.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

I'm in an odd spot today.  I've beat all the Lunatic CCs, and I want to save the rest for training units.  I feel like I'm wasting potential training units when we don't get double SP, and can't decide if I want to promote any of my current level 40 4*s.  So here I am with full stamina and not sure what to do with it.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

• Chrom : Great knight reclass
  • fCorrin: Nohrian Noble
  • Azura: Falcon Knight

Any thoughts?

What about Leo?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm in an odd spot today.  I've beat all the Lunatic CCs, and I want to save the rest for training units.  I feel like I'm wasting potential training units when we don't get double SP, and can't decide if I want to promote any of my current level 40 4*s.  So here I am with full stamina and not sure what to do with it.

What about Leo?

Forgot about him. I guess he could be a Malig Knight with tomes.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I've got 34000 feathers burning a hole in my pocket. And I don't think I've ever had more than ~25000 at a time. My plan is to promote Nino, but I haven't finished raising her as a 4 star. I want the double SP for her remaining levels, and her run as a 5 star. Instead I trained my Selena for the Sacred Seals quest. I had a +Atk/-HP sitting in my backlog. Great nature, but not the sort of great character I'll promote to 5 star any day soon. Oboro I'm going to wait on until the new monthly quests. My best nature for her is +Def/-Spd, and I don't think that's quite the best for her. If you're gonna do Oboro, you have to do it right.

31 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, I've got 34000 feathers burning a hole in my pocket. And I don't think I've ever had more than ~25000 at a time. My plan is to promote Nino, but I haven't finished raising her as a 4 star. I want the double SP for her remaining levels, and her run as a 5 star. Instead I trained my Selena for the Sacred Seals quest. I had a +Atk/-HP sitting in my backlog. Great nature, but not the sort of great character I'll promote to 5 star any day soon. Oboro I'm going to wait on until the new monthly quests. My best nature for her is +Def/-Spd, and I don't think that's quite the best for her. If you're gonna do Oboro, you have to do it right.

I just sort of starting grinding SP on my secondary Horse Emblem Team.  Leo and Cecilia could use some more SP for a few situational skills/better skills.  At least I've still got plenty of Stamina Potions for when I need them.

I really wish the double SP days weren't Friday/Saturday.  Friday is one of my busiest days of the week, and often Saturday is as well.  Sunday would have been perfect.  Usually my whole afternoon is free.

48 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Any thoughts?

I think Chrom should be Great Lord as well with a lance and Fire Emblem shield. Sure there's overlap with Marth/Lucina but he already has an Axe with his Spring version. Or if you want to be different, make him a Paladin (but i like infantry lance better since there's a lot of lance cavaliers right now)

Cordelia could be Dark Flier so we have more mage fliers :D

I'd actually love if Azura had her Nohrian costume but I guess Falchion Knight is better for an alternate class. Maybe a flying staff wielder (instead of healing she Sings but she can still use staves like Pain to attack)

Nowi for Wyvern Lord (Dragon riding dragon yeah!)

Leo's default reclass is Troubador so ummm...Butler Leo? With Flame Shuriken and high Attack so we have another good high-power dagger user? And hey BUtler class could be a thing for fangirls?

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've got a +Atk-Def Frederick that I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and promoting, but I'm thinking I'll get a better nature as soon as I do that.  I'm pretty choosy and typically only promote ideal natures to 5* or GHB units of course.

I did end up having my Cecilia finally learn Gronnraven+.  We'll see if that is a decent counter to CYLyn, but that would mean I'd have to bump Titania off my team, which I really don't want to do.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

• Chrom : Great knight reclass
  • fCorrin: Nohrian Noble
  • Azura: Falcon Knight

Any thoughts?

Seems to lean alot more in the vein of Lucina (weapon/class change) than the others. Now the alternative presented or similar possibilities isn't suitable for everybody of course. Some thoughts of mine are apostle/empress/Sankai Micaiah, Takumi and Leo taking the roles of their older brothers, I think Leo becomes King of Nohr in the opposite game (and Camilla turned it down for a what if) so there's that as well, Robin's heritage is tricky but has several possibilities, I think the concept of dragon riding a dragon has a bit more potential than mage for Nowi and I think a different dragon type for her would be interesting, they could make the mark of naga more jugdral inspired for Naga tome Chrom or something, Parent or loved one inspired is of course an option for a few and you could also go future inspired (Their children for some, distant decedents for others, well Marth) 

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Any thoughts?

For some reason my first thought was "Alt/promo classes as future banner themes? rather than "CYL". XD
IS plz make the former a thing for months that have no logical seasonal theme attached to it - I mean, we could even have non-staff Lachesis and Lucius that way eventually.

Damnit, now I want a Nohr Noble F!Corrin and a Hoshido Noble M!Corrin with their respective Yatos - "too many swords meta" be damned.
Not to mention, it would be too cruel to make M!Corrin a staff user.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

What about Leo?

Hm..we have infantry Leo so...Dark Flier maybe? It's a class with no default user after all. And I really like the Fates version of it's design

9 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Hm..we have infantry Leo so...Dark Flier maybe? It's a class with no default user after all. And I really like the Fates version of it's design

I wouldn't mind Leo being the first Red Mage Flier.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

*ahem*

Awakening DLC Dark Flier Catria~~~~~~~~

Catria is inextricably linked to Blueness forever in my mind.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

*ahem*

Catria is inextricably linked to Blueness forever in my mind.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't mind Leo being the first Red Mage Flier.

...I would not be opposed to that truth be told.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

*ahem*

But...Fates version of Dark Flier...I...I find it more fancier than Awakening's D:
What do I do? Insert "Why not both?".gif

Edited by Tactician_Iris
What that copy/paste went weird

List v2 of the cyl top 10

• Hector: Marquess with Basilikos
  • Chrom : Exalt with the Exalted Falchion.
  • Takumi:  Swordmaster( Sumeragi's.armor ) wielding Hagakure Blade. 
  • Tharja: Dark Flier wielding Waste.
  • Camilla: Nohrian Queen (armored) with Bölverk.
  • fCorrin: Nohrian Noble with the Shadow Yato.
  • Cordelia: Bow Knight wielding Astra.
  • Azura: Troubadour  (Arete outfit) with sing wielding Entrap
  • Micaiah: Queen of Daein (armored mage) wielding  Rexaura.
  • Nowi: Wyvern Lord wielding Vengeance.
  • Leo: Malig Knight wielding the Bolt Axe
I tried less to rely on promotions and re-classing. I figured that since the banner is special, the characters should be at their best.

So I'm here crossing fingers for C13 to be a visit to Eirika's world, in the same manner we visited Alm's world. A banner that would include units like Vanessa, Ross, Joshua and Natasha. P11 can be a visit to Ephraim's world with a banner including Duessel, Cormag, Forde and L'Arachel. And C14 can be a mix of the last chapters with a banner of Saleh, Myrhh, Ewan and Syrene.

Now this has me thinking, I wonder how popular Alm and Celica are now and how that affects the CYL results...

If they ever get alternate versions- Archer Alm and Sword (Golden Dagger) Celica?

Or Ladyblade Celica actually.

Or Blue Tome (Thunder) Witch Celica with Wings of Mercy.

Edited by mcsilas

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Now this has me thinking, I wonder how popular Alm and Celica are now and how that affects the CYL results...

If they ever get alternate versions- Archer Alm and Sword (Golden Dagger) Celica?

Alm could have Emperor Rudolf's armor as a Gold Knight. Celica can have her Rigain armor(dlc overclass) wielding Beloved Zofia 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

CYL was before Echoes came out, so most of the Gaiden characters would probably get a bump, if they ever do another one.  I saw that Leon/Leo was below the 700 mark, and he certainly seems more popular now.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

CYL was before Echoes came out, so most of the Gaiden characters would probably get a bump, if they ever do another one.  I saw that Leon/Leo was below the 700 mark, and he certainly seems more popular now.

Yeah would be pretty interesting to see an updated CYL list.

I imagine Gray, Matihlda, Mae and Saber would get a pretty big boost in popularity as well. Curious where Conrad, Berkut and Fernand will go.

In other news, I love how bulky Sakura can be on a defense tile. Saved my bacon doing the Fear Mountain August quest again. (Not sure how I will deal with this map on CC though)