Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

4 new character slots in the catalog.  Expect datamined stats soon. 

I hope we find out if the inflated BST is real, or just false info, like we've had a few times before.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I haven't paid a ton of attention to past datamines.  Do they typically get the stats beforehand or is that a gameday thing we find out?

Apparently, I never encountered a bride Caeda or bunny Chrom after the Catalog of Heroes was released. I was like, "Who are these two other heroes who aren't the CYL units!?", and before, "Who isn't Valter and the Sacred World units before completing their paralogue?"

I remembered CYL Lyn’s voice actress is uncredited. What happened to Wendee Lee, did the unions get her?

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Apparently, I never encountered a bride Caeda or bunny Chrom after the Catalog of Heroes was released. I was like, "Who are these two other heroes who aren't the CYL units!?", and before, "Who isn't Valter and the Sacred World units before completing their paralogue?"

Thank goodness for paralogues. Looking at you, Sheena and female Robin.

@GuiltyLoveenjoy your bare thigh.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Thank goodness for paralogues. Looking at you, Sheena and female Robin.

Why Sheena? Doesn't she appear in one of- OMG, she has only appeared on map 3 of the turn limit maps according to gamepedia. Also, which F!Robin? Regular F!Robin appears in chapters 4. Otherwise, yeah, summer F!Robin is paralogue-only if you can't find her in the wild.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I haven't paid a ton of attention to past datamines.  Do they typically get the stats beforehand or is that a gameday thing we find out?

They have the stats.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Why Sheena? Doesn't she appear in one of- OMG, she has only appeared on map 3 of the turn limit maps according to gamepedia. Also, which F!Robin? Regular F!Robin appears in chapters 4. Otherwise, yeah, summer F!Robin is paralogue-only if you can't find her in the wild.

Sheena's not in any of the Story maps?  That seems really odd, considering they have 2 or 3 generic units on pretty much every map, it wouldn't be hard to slip her in somewhere.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Sheena's not in any of the Story maps?  That seems really odd, considering they have 2 or 3 generic units on pretty much every map, it wouldn't be hard to slip her in somewhere.

Apparently not. For those who played the Archanea games, would she have made sense in any of the current maps? She has to or it would just be really weird how she's left out completely.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A few units are left out of the story maps, like Corrin/Azura/Jakob/Felicia since the two Fates chapters focus on the (main) royal families.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Heh, I have 9 ?s on my catalogue, I think those should be the brides and some summer units. They should be Bride Caeda, Bride Lyn, Bride Charlotte, Summer Tiki and Summer Frederick, plus the 4 CYLs.

@Othin Holy shit prepare for LnD Horse Lyns ARGH

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

They have the stats.

So Lyn and Ike just get a +5 to BST for no apparent reason?  I'm not a fan of the power creep.  They're powerful enough without breaking BST precedent.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

They have the stats.

Oh, great, so both Ike and Lyn get more BST than normal untis.

Spoiler

CYL Ike has 162 BST which puts him up with Donnel, Gray, and Tobin. 43 HP, 36 Atk, 28 Spd, 35 Def, and 20 Res. I was pretty close with my if CYL Ike was a slower version of regular Ike, but hits much harder and has high defense. Only difference is the 3 extra speed and 2 more resistance and that Ike would have 37 attack.

CYL Lucina is literally lance Lucina, but if she had less HP for more defense. 41 HP, 34 Atk, 36 Spd, 27 Def, and 19 Res for 157 BST. Close Def, Fury 3, and either of the Fortress skills would make her pretty bulky.

CYL Lyn really does have 35 HP, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 18 Def, and 28 Res for 149 BST.

And CYL Roy was known confirmed already with 38 HP, 32 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res. 154 BST.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

They have the stats.

After taking away weapon bonuses:

Lucina: 41 / 34 / 36 / 27 / 19 (157)

Lyn: 35 / 33 / 35 / 18 / 28 (149)

Roy: 38 / 32 / 34 / 26 / 24 (154)

Ike: 43 / 36 / 28 / 35 / 20 (162)

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Maybe because they were No.1?

They can make them good without breaking the established BST.  Taking 1 from each stat would still make them good, or focus and take -1HP and -2 from the defensive stats for Lyn and she's still one of the best units in the game.  This is just over centralizing.  If you just Santa Claus DM the game escalates the power curve too quickly.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They can make them good without breaking the established BST.  Taking 1 from each stat would still make them good, or focus and take -1HP and -2 from the defensive stats for Lyn and she's still one of the best units in the game.  This is just over centralizing.  If you just Santa Claus DM the game escalates the power curve too quickly.

Yeah, I agree with this. Extra BST is nice, but outside of the trainee and villager units, it just seems more than enough. If you took 4 points of resistance from Lyn, then she'd be fine, but nope, she has pretty good resistance. With Ike, I figured he'd have something like 43 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 35 Def, and 18 Res. That's pretty much the same as his revealed stats, except CYL Ike is even bulkier with 28 speed and 20 resistance. Oh well.

Part of this is making me feel even more bad, guilty? about summoning CYL Lyn. 149 BST isn't going to break her and they didn't give her something like 37 attack and 35 speed and just dumped 4 points into whatever defensive stat, but it's just I want a 5* archer and when I can get one, she's really, really good.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, mcsilas said:

So..would raven users need to equip bowbreaker now or something?

TA-Raven should still smash any Lyn not running CA, although I'm sure there will be CA Lyns around.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Extra BST is nice, but outside of the trainee and villager units, it just seems more than enough. If you took 4 points of resistance from Lyn, then she'd be fine, but nope, she has pretty good resistance. With Ike, I figured he'd have something like 43 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 35 Def, and 18 Res. That's pretty much the same as his revealed stats, except CYL Ike is even bulkier with 28 speed and 20 resistance. Oh well.

Part of this is making me feel even more bad, guilty? about summoning CYL Lyn. 149 BST isn't going to break her and they didn't give her something like 37 attack and 35 speed and just dumped 4 points into whatever defensive stat, but it's just I want a 5* archer and when I can get one, she's really, really good.

Get her, you'll need to keep up with everyone else.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

So..would raven users need to equip bowbreaker now or something?

Time to dust off the old Robin.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Extra BST is nice, but outside of the trainee and villager units, it just seems more than enough. If you took 4 points of resistance from Lyn, then she'd be fine, but nope, she has pretty good resistance. With Ike, I figured he'd have something like 43 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 35 Def, and 18 Res. That's pretty much the same as his revealed stats, except CYL Ike is even bulkier with 28 speed and 20 defense. Oh well.

I feel you lol. This is probably the hardest decision I'll ever have to make in a game ever. Ike has Beorc's Blessing which makes him really friggin OP, especially with something like Distant Counter, but then I would need a Hector for that to make him OP. Lyn seems to have broken abilities, but Ike's stats, abilities, and artwork combined makes it really hard for me to decide. Lucina and Roy are also great options because of again skills, stats, and weapons, and for Lucina especially, artwork.

Still a debate on whether or not Ike's weapon will work if he attacks in between foe's attacks or if it will reset.  

There are also two new skills.  

One that gives -7atk to all units in two range after unit attacks

One that gives special cooldown count +1 everytime unit is attacked and gives unit +4def.

Most likely, Lyn gets the first skill but we don't know who gets the second.  Most likely Ike due to him also being ranked 1st with Lyn.

Edited by Lushen