Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

What's this skill? I'm unaware of it.

Steady Breath

MSIDH金剛の構え1: Grants Def+2 during combat\nwhen this unit is attacked.
MSIDH金剛の構え2: Grants Def+4 during combat\nwhen this unit is attacked.
MSIDH金剛の呼吸: If attacked, unit granted Def+4 during combat;\nalso gains Special cooldown charge +1. (If using\nother similar skill, only highest value applied.)
Edited by Lushen

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Still a debate on whether or not Ike's weapon will work if he attacks in between foe's attacks or if it will reset.

No debate at all. Consecutive means one right after another. It won’t work if Ike gets a hit inbetween foe’s attacks.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

No debate at all. Consecutive means one right after another. It won’t work if Ike gets a hit inbetween foe’s attacks.

This is IS we're talking about.  They also said Ike's skill would be effective against fliers and horse.  Consecutive is also a relative term and it could be consecutive as in 'after the first' or consecutive as in only directly after one another.  

Either way, if Ike gets Steady Breath it will take up his A slot and DC would be hard to justify.

Edited by Lushen

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Get her, you'll need to keep up with everyone else.

I guess I'll be left behind then since I have zero intention of going for Lyn or Roy for that matter. I'll be fine with waiting for whichever bow cavalier gets added to the game next.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Get her, you'll need to keep up with everyone else.

More like get her or risk Infernal Cecilia & Lilina and Valter again and playing the chance game of summoning her, Klein, Leon, or any +Atk archer with ~31 attack like Gordin, Jeorge, Takumi, or Virion. Even a +Atk Setsuna would be okay. With my luck with archers and red mages for that matter, this is totally a don't look a gift horse in the mouth situation. Get Lyn and deal with her being overused, oversummoned, and OP or get someone else who benefits me, but not as much, since I don't have a good archer let alone a 5* one who happens to be a cavalry archer.

I don't play arena seriously, so, I don't care that if I have the best of the best units since only random 4* bonus unit chumps make up my arena team.

I'm lucky I managed to beat Infernal C&L BHB and I'm lucky that someone figured out a strategy where any Brave Bow archer, in this case, a Gordin who is -Def and wouldn't work with Ventus's strategy, worked since 5* Camus and 5* Ursula did most of the job and Gordin was just there for the flyers.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

This is IS we're talking about.  They also said Ike's skill would be effective against fliers and horse.  Consecutive is also a relative term and it could be consecutive as in 'after the first' or consecutive as in only directly after one another. 

When in doubt, ask @Ice Dragon.

When in doubt, ask @Ice Dragon.

Do we need to do the Bloody Mary thing and chant his name 3 times while standing tip toe in front of a mirror? Or does he have his own version of the chant where you just say something about how Heroes works that is incorrect or inconsistent?

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Either way, if Ike gets Steady Breath it will take up his A slot and DC would be hard to justify.

If it wasn't just consecutive attacks, then Ike would be unstoppable honestly. 80% of damage mitigated when Ike has that much def? That's just insane. I think it's more a counter for Brave Weapons, and Dire Thunder. And Desperation ↓

Edited by Logos

1 minute ago, Logos said:

If it wasn't just consecutive attacks, then Ike would be unstoppable honestly. 80% of damage mitigated when Ike has that much def? That's just insane. I think it's more a counter for Brave Weapons, and Dire Thunder.

And Desperation. Dire Thunder is already a brave.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

More like get her or risk Infernal Cecilia & Lilina and Valter again and playing the chance game of summoning her, Klein, Leon, or any +Atk archer with ~31 attack like Gordin, Jeorge, Takumi, or Virion. Even a +Atk Setsuna would be okay. With my luck with archers and red mages for that matter, this is totally a don't look a gift horse in the mouth situation. Get Lyn and deal with her being overused, oversummoned, and OP or get someone else who benefits me, but not as much, since I don't have a good archer let alone a 5* one who happens to be a cavalry archer.

I don't play arena seriously, so, I don't care that if I have the best of the best units since only random 4* bonus unit chumps make up my arena team.

I'm lucky I managed to beat Infernal C&L BHB and I'm lucky that someone figured out a strategy where any Brave Bow archer, in this case, a Gordin who is -Def and wouldn't work with Ventus's strategy, worked since 5* Camus and 5* Ursula did most of the job and Gordin was just there for the flyers.

If it helps, Lyn, even with her boosted BST and good Prf weapon & skill, should still be a bit below the sheer absurdity that's Reinhardt. The standard Reinhardt is maybe 50% of the stuff his BST and archetype can actually pull off. Tomes are still miles ahead of bows---bows' one advantage, brave effect, is already covered with his prf---the two of them share the best movement type, and Reinhardt has the better stat distribution. (Mind, Lyn's definitely top tier, but she'll be around Ursula's level rather than Reinhardts. That is, she'll be a average unit of the one of the best archetypes---bow horse---rather than the best unit of the best archetype---Reinhardt, Tome Cavalry.)

15 minutes ago, Logos said:

If it wasn't just consecutive attacks, then Ike would be unstoppable honestly. 80% of damage mitigated when Ike has that much def? That's just insane. I think it's more a counter for Brave Weapons, and Dire Thunder. And Desperation ↓

Because Lyn is totally not unstoppable xD

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

LOL. Well in all fairness Lyn can be pretty vulnerable during player phase just need to lure her in, or put up someone who doesn't take that much damage from her 47 ± 3/4/5/6 Atk, even if they get doubled, and then just kill her on player phase. Whereas if Ike's Urvan would mitigate a lot of damage from anyone trying to double him, he would be pretty OP in player phase and enemy phase, especially with DC, and Beorc's Blessing.

Edited by Logos

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Lyn's made of paper, even if she has cannon like offenses. (Standard Reinhardt 2HKOs without buffs or Moonbow pulse, overkills by 3. Res is her better defense stat by a wide margin.)

Reinhardt is made of steel, while also having cannon like offenses. (DB 3 Lyn with brave bow has an exact KO on Rein, which is problematic since a slight nudge would bring Reinhardt out of range. Without brave bow the 2HKO has quite a bit of overkill, which is nice, but tanks a counter for a good fraction of her hp, which isn't nearly as nice---takes her to below half if it's a Moonbow Pulse variant, above thanks to DB 3 not working on EP otherwise. On top of this, Rein only has 2 less res than def, meaning his bulk is very well-rounded.)

They both kill each other, and have some of the best offenses in the game, but Reinhardt is simply far more versatile as a character thanks to his bulk and tome access. If you can handle Rein, you should handle Lyn without much issue, since her counters will be much more numerous.

CYL Lyn is basically a -Atk bride Cordelia or Innes with 1 more speed. Decided to check what this would result to with a custom character with her stats and compared with bride Cordelia and Innes. All three are running Brave Bow+, Luna, and L&D3.

Spoiler

If all are neutral, CYL Lyn gets 123 wins, 6 losses, and 35 draws; bride Cordelia gets 132 wins, 4 losses, and 28 draws; and Innes gets 120 wins, 8 losses, and 36 draws.

If +Atk, CYL Lyn gets 135 wins, 5 losses, and 24 draws; bride Cordelia gets 145 wins, 2 losses, and 17 draws; and Innes gets 133 wins, 7 losses, and 24 draws.

Against units with Fury 3, +Atk CYL Lyn gets 118 wins, 6 losses, and 40 draws; +Atk bride Cordelia gets 127 wins, 5 losses, and 32 draws; and +Atk Innes gets 113 wins, 7 losses, and 44 draws.

With +4 Atk/Spd and against units with Fury 3, +Atk CYL Lyn gets 145 wins, 4 losses, and 15 draws; +Atk bride Cordelia gets 154 wins, 3 losses, and 7 draws; and +Atk Innes with a Speed +1 seal gets 144 wins, 5 losses, and 15 draws.

With Hone Cavalry and against units with Fury 3, neutral CYL Lyn gets 149 wins, 5 losses, and 10 draws while +Atk CYL Lyn gets 157 wins, 3 losses, and 4 draws.

Also, just because, with Hone Cavalry and against units with Fury 3, +Atk, -Spd Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and Lancebreaker 3 gets 142 wins, 5 losses, and 17 draws.

@DehNutCase, Reinhardt is also low effort for high rewards. All you need to do is give him Death Blow 3. That might be steep if you can't get a Klein or don't have 20k feathers to 5* a Hawkeye or Ursula, but =Atk 5* Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 is enough to tear apart most of the cast. Death Blow 2 and considering Narcian's getting a re-run soon, he could get Lancebreaker 3 easily unless you want him to run a different B-skill. CYL Lyn would want to inherit Brave Bow+ and L&D3. Both 5*-only skills and then there's getting a different B-skill and C-skill if you won't want to run Sacae's Blessing and I think her C-skill is Attack Smoke or something.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

CYL Lyn is basically a -Atk bride Cordelia or Innes with 1 more speed. Decided to check what this would lead with a custom character with her stats and compared with bride Cordelia and Innes. All three are running Brave Bow+, Luna, and L&D3.

Reveal hidden contents

If all are neutral, CYL Lyn gets 123 wins, 6 losses, and 35 draws; bride Cordelia gets 132 wins, 4 losses, and 28 draws; and Innes gets 120 wins, 8 losses, and 36 draws.

If +Atk, CYL Lyn gets 135 wins, 5 losses, and 24 draws; bride Cordelia gets 145 wins, 2 losses, and 17 draws; and Innes gets 133 wins, 7 losses, and 24 draws.

Against units with Fury 3, +Atk CYL Lyn gets 118 wins, 6 losses, and 40 draws; +Atk bride Cordelia gets 127 wins, 5 losses, and 32 draws; and +Atk Innes gets 113 wins, 7 losses, and 44 draws.

With +4 Atk/Spd and against units with Fury 3, +Atk CYL Lyn gets 145 wins, 4 losses, and 15 draws; +Atk bride Cordelia gets 154 wins, 3 losses, and 7 draws; and +Atk Innes with a Speed +1 seal gets 144 wins, 5 losses, and 15 draws.

With Hone Cavalry and against units with Fury 3, neutral CYL Lyn gets 149 wins, 5 losses, and 10 draws while +Atk CYL Lyn gets 157 wins, 3 losses, and 4 draws.

Also, just because, with Hone Cavalry and against units with Fury 3, +Atk, -Spd Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and Lancebreaker 3 gets 142 wins, 5 losses, and 17 draws.

@DehNutCase, Reinhardt is also low-effort for high rewards. All you need to do is give him Death Blow 3. That might be steep if you can't get a Klein or don't have 20k feathers to 5* a Hawkeye or Ursula, but =Atk 5* Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 is enough to tear apart most of the cast. Death Blow 2 and considering Narcian's getting a re-run soon, he could get Lancebreaker 3 easily unless you want him to run a different B-skill. CYL Lyn would want to inherit Brave Bow+ and L&D3. Both 5*-only skills and then there's getting a different B-skill and C-skill if you won't want to run Sacae's Blessing and I think her C-skill is Attack Smoke or something.

Note that her prf is good enough that, like Reinhardt who has -blade access for some of his more absurd sets, Lyn would have no problem functioning as a 'budget' unit. Her niche would be: Mage counter-kill by relying on res buff stacking, and dinging physical units to death with her excellent speed tier.

The niche is different, like how DB 3 Dire Thunder and -blade CC Rein are different, but the payoff would still be a excellent unit.

13 minutes ago, Logos said:

LOL. Well in all fairness Lyn can be pretty vulnerable during player phase just need to lure her in, or put up someone who doesn't take that much damage from her 47 ± 3/4/5/6 Atk, even if they get doubled, and then just kill her on player phase. Whereas if Ike's Urvan would mitigate a lot of damage from anyone trying to double him, he would be pretty OP in player phase and enemy phase, especially with DC, and Beorc's Blessing.

Point was that even if Ike's weapon works for doubles, she would still be better than him utillitywise.  Ike may be a great tank, but she is an even better glass cannon.  Ike is totally stoppable, Liliana would destroy him in an instant.  He's still weak to Goad buffs.  Specials will still do serious damage.  My point was that IS has a history of making OP units so saying something isn't going to go one way b/c it would be unbalanced is irrelevant.  

Edited by Lushen

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Note that her prf is good enough that, like Reinhardt who has -blade access for some of his more absurd sets, Lyn would have no problem functioning as a 'budget' unit. Her niche would be: Mage counter-kill by relying on res buff stacking, and dinging physical units to death with her excellent speed tier.

The niche is different, like how DB 3 Dire Thunder and -blade CC Rein are different, but the payoff would still be a excellent unit.

I meant that if you wanted someone to nuke stuff, Reinhardt is very low budget: "Here's Death Blow 3, go wreck stuff. As for you, Lyn, we're gonna need to do a down payment on this Brave Bow+ and L&D3."

CYL Lyn running Firesweep Bow also gives her a different niche, especially since she has access to cavalry buffs.

Neutral CYL Lyn with Firesweep Bow, L&D3, and one Hone Cavalry gets 137 wins, 0 losses, and 27 draws against vanilla units and 124 wins, 0 losses, and 40 draws against Fury 3 units.

+Atk would give her 147 wins, 0 losses, and 19 draws against Fury 3 units.

My only dilemma is that CYL Lyn would be good with almost any bow, but with the recent BHB and GHB traumatizing me a bit and preferring to use legendary weapons just for fun, I think I'm just going to get CYL Lyn as my free summon and build her around her Mulagir which is a good legendary bow unlike someones. She'll be my 5* archer and mounted archer since I missed getting any of the "rare class" units. I didn't get spring Camilla because I was a dumbass and I gave up on getting summer F!Corrin since my luck was just terrible in getting her or tomato Leo for that matter. Free mounted archer after those incidents? Sure, whatever. It would be pretty damn easy to somehow get a +Atk Gordin -- or a Gordin who isn't -Def -- or Virion considering they're 3* and 4* units, giving them Death Blow 3 and having them be the Brave Bow archer for singleplayer maps. +Atk Setsuna should work too... =Atk 4* Leon would definitely work and Leon's pretty good. Speed isn't as great as Innes, Jeorge, Klein, or Takumi's, but you can't have everything can you?

Edited by Kaden

Because DB fodder are so abundant, yeeeeeah.

I kept my spare Ursulas and my unholy green luck ensures I get Hawkeyecandy from time to time. :p

Now, if only I could get a Klein. >_>

Because DB fodder are so abundant, yeeeeeah.

6 characters have it.

'Course the only ones that have DB3 at 4 star are Klein and Alphonse. But my Reiny has DB2, he makes do.

Ooh, update. Datamine info yet? Hopefully the next notification gives us the deets on whether CYL is seasonal, how long it will last, etc.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I kept my spare Ursulas and my unholy green luck ensures I get Hawkeyecandy from time to time. :p

Now, if only I could get a Klein. >_>

Never got a Hawkeye or Klein.

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

6 characters have it.

'Course the only ones that have DB3 at 4 star are Klein and Alphonse. But my Reiny has DB2, he makes do.

Ooh, update. Datamine info yet? Hopefully the next notification gives us the deets on whether CYL is seasonal, how long it will last, etc.

Alfonse having DB is fucking irrelevant. Delthea is 5⋆-locked, and Hawkeye and Klein might as well not exist at all with regards with my awful luck.

There’s a datamine thread on reddit.

Edited by Vaximillian

28 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Point was that even if Ike's weapon works for doubles, she would still be better than him utillitywise.  Ike may be a great tank, but she is an even better glass cannon.  Ike is totally stoppable, Liliana would destroy him in an instant.  He's still weak to Goad buffs.  Specials will still do serious damage.  My point was that IS has a history of making OP units so saying something isn't going to go one way b/c it would be unbalanced is irrelevant.  

Well it's important to keep any unit away from their one-shotters, but I think even without having a 80% mitigation on a second individual strike, and instead just a literal consecutive strike Ike would be pretty great utility wise, as much as Lyn. Nonetheless I don't disagree with you on IS making certain "broken" things, but my doubt is still there though.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, Alfonse getting DB helps me so fucking much. Delthea is 5⋆-locked, and Hawkeye and Klein might as well not exist at all with regards with my awful luck.

There’s a datamine thread on reddit.

Alfonse could spend time teaching other heroes how to use Death Blow, but he doesn't want to get too attached...

Whoa, I wonder why they didn't mention that in the stream :O

Spoiler

New paralogue. We're halfway to the next Chain Challenge. Shame there's no info on the banner.