Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, r_n said:

I still remember when Rein was first release everyone was calling him the worst unit in the game

I'm sure those people only saw that his weapon gave a pitiful +4 net stats on top of his ranged and cavalry stat penalties and didn't care that he made the game so much less frustrating.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually surprised it took so long for people to realize just how ridiculous Reinhardt is. I was deleting units left and right back when he was a bonus unit after begrudgingly removing Takumi from my line-up (I didn't care about arena score back then, just getting seven deathless wins was enough since I had an ample source of feathers from my first month of whaling extremely hard).

I did not even realize there was a ranking system at first. I was low balling my score on purpose so my Hector can curb stomp everyone while having just enough score to get 4,001 points to get the Hero Feathers.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I'm sure those people only saw that his weapon gave a pitiful +4 net stats on top of his ranged and cavalry stat penalties and didn't care that he made the game so much less frustrating.

Yup! Just looked at his lame stats and his "lame" weapon, blind to his true potential

Incidentally, something like Waste or the Snake Spirit would probably be like 6 tops right if they ever released a unit with them? Or I wonder if they'd over compensate and make 'em even weaker

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Yup! Just looked at his lame stats and his "lame" weapon, blind to his true potential

Incidentally, something like Waste or the Snake Spirit would probably be like 6 tops right if they ever released a unit with them? Or I wonder if they'd over compensate and make 'em even weaker

I hope they use the calculator when balancing the game, so they do not overcompensate and make it too weak.

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

Brave Bow+ is 7 Atk and only 1 Atk lower than the corresponding melee-range Brave weapons. Chances are any generic Brave tome would have 6 Atk to be 2 Atk lower than the corresponding melee-range Brave weapons so as to match the standard ranged weapon damage penalty.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

♪♫ There's no escape ♫♪
♪♫ I can't wait ♫♪
♪♫ I need a (double) hit ♫♪
♪♫ Baby, give me it ♫♪
♪♫ Reinhardt's dangerous ♫♪
♪♫ I'm loving it ♫♪

How to get banned 101 :P:

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually surprised it took so long for people to realize just how ridiculous Reinhardt is. I was deleting units left and right back when he was a bonus unit after begrudgingly removing Takumi from my line-up (I didn't care about arena score back then, just getting seven deathless wins was enough since I had an ample source of feathers from my first month of whaling extremely hard).

The meta he was released in was one where Linde/Lucina deleted a bunch of things for no reason, meaning light and fast units got the spotlight.  His Speed is terrible, and the other available Brave users ranged from decent (Cain) to "life is suffering" (Draug) - none were really used as nukes before Rein was around.  Well, maybe Camilla, but she didn't have the absolute firepower that Rein does.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

The meta he was released in was one where Linde/Lucina deleted a bunch of things for no reason, meaning light and fast units got the spotlight.  His Speed is terrible, and the other available Brave users ranged from decent (Cain) to "life is suffering" (Draug) - none were really used as nukes before Rein was around.  Well, maybe Camilla, but she didn't have the absolute firepower that Rein does.

The thing is that a Brave weapon is effectively equivalent to infinite Spd on player phase (provided you couldn't double attack naturally) combined with unrestricted Desperation, meaning Reinhardt was literally the fastest magic user in the game, not to mention had an existent Atk stat.

So it looks like the CYL Banner is only lasting a couple weeks, and not the month people expected.  Does this mean they might be permanently added to the pool?

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I thought brave users like Abel were pretty good back in the initial ranking system .---.

I loved Abel on my Arena team.  He was on my first Horse Emblem team, before Camus eventually replaced him.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

How to get banned 101 :P:

:wtf: What!? You do not like the Britney Spears? She was like the Reinhardt of music back then! At least to me anyways.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So it looks like the CYL Banner is only lasting a couple weeks, and not the month people expected.  Does this mean they might be permanently added to the pool?

I think they are permanent. I saw the banner video on YouTube and it does not say that they will limited at the end.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

:wtf: What!? You do not like the Britney Spears? She was like the Reinhardt of music back then! At least to me anyways.

I think they are permanent. I saw the banner video on YouTube and it does not say that they will limited at the end.

Remember the music video to Toxic?  Imagine Rein dressed up like that.  Hence the ban.

And good to know on the CYL guys.  That means I don't have to tear my hair out trying to get all of them during their introduction!

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Bow+ is 7 Atk and only 1 Atk lower than the corresponding melee-range Brave weapons. Chances are any generic Brave tome would have 6 Atk to be 2 Atk lower than the corresponding melee-range Brave weapons so as to match the standard ranged weapon damage penalty.

Wouldn't a standard Brave tome just match Brave Bow's Atk? "Silver" tomes match Silver Bows, same with other corresponding bow/tome pairs.

Since Brave weapons hit twice, changing the reduction from 2 to 1 makes sense. It's like how going from Brave Sword to Brave Sword+ only increases from 5 to 8 rather than the usual 4-point difference.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Wouldn't a standard Brave tome just match Brave Bow's Atk? "Silver" tomes match Silver Bows, same with other corresponding bow/tome pairs.

You are forgetting that the resistance on average is lower than defense. If it did, Reinhardt  would be more overpowered.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Remember the music video to Toxic?  Imagine Rein dressed up like that.  Hence the ban.

And good to know on the CYL guys.  That means I don't have to tear my hair out trying to get all of them during their introduction!

OHHH!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! I totally know what to request on the sprite thread now! I want to put Reinhardt's head on Nowi's YS!Robin's (still deciding) body! Ban me, I am filthy.

♪♫ Look what you made me do ♫♪
♪♫ Look what you just made me do ♫♪
♪♫ Look what you made me do ♫♪
♪♫ I'm sorry, the old XRay can't come to the forums right now. ♫♪
♪♫ Why? ♫♪
♪♫ Oh, cause she's banned! ♫♪

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

You are forgetting that the resistance on average is lower than defense. If it did, Reinhardt  would be more overpowered.

Bolganone, Thoron, Rexcalibur, and Fenrir all have the same Mt as a Silver Bow.

Whether or not it would be justified for tomes to have a Mt penalty compared to bows, the precedent is that they do not get one.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

But you're going into CYL with zero Orbs.

Who like, told you I'm pulling on CYL? ;)

I'm tooootally taking my Lyn and running to Saturn, never pulling ever again in my life unless it's for, like, fodder

Edited by Astolfo!

41 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I thought brave users like Abel were pretty good back in the initial ranking system .---.

Abel has innate Swordbreaker. It’s wonderful.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

But you're going into CYL with zero Orbs.

As am I.

Wow that brings me memories of my dusty, rustic, shitty team. It was Alfonse, Sharena, Lyn and Robin and anything in blue wrecked me. Lindes where my bane, a pair of an Abel being drawn back by a Nino gave me nightmares for days, and where do you leave THAT map where 2 units where on the upper right part of the map and the other 2 units where on the lower left part, and there were forest tiles and mountains. DISGUSTING, specially with that Cordelia that Galefork'd me!! Glad those days are over and now I find rejoice on the mightiest Crusader.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Wow that brings me memories of my dusty, rustic, shitty team. It was Alfonse, Sharena, Lyn and Robin and anything in blue wrecked me. Lindes where my bane, a pair of an Abel being drawn back by a Nino gave me nightmares for days, and where do you leave THAT map where 2 units where on the upper right part of the map and the other 2 units where on the lower left part, and there were forest tiles and mountains. DISGUSTING, specially with that Cordelia that Galefork'd me!! Glad those days are over and now I find rejoice on the mightiest Crusader.

Oh, nostalgia.  But I've vowed to make Virion/Raigh useful, somehow.  They may not break the meta in half, but I think they can be useful (well, that +Spd Raigh's far more useful than the -Spd Tharja I have in my barracks).

14 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I just finished building my Summer Corrin. It took me all of today, about 3000 sp, and about 24 stamina potions.

Wow, 24 Potions?  That's some dedication.  How many do you have left?