Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Yes, I do. ^^ I often write FEH news for the front page as well, in addition to my Cipher posts. I'm kind of casual about it, but I do enjoy the game quite a lot (and of course having fun collecting my favourite units).

That's cool. It'd make sense for you to like one if you like the other, I suppose. I would want to collect Cipher cards, but I wouldn't have anyone to play with, and since I'm moving around a lot lately I would have to ferry them around, or only buy in sprees.

The only Cipher card I have is the limited edition Lucina from JP Fates' first edition, and for some reason I decided to keep it on my person. Perhaps that's why Lucina was my first 5*, and I got Bunny Lucina very easily; I had a catalyst lol. Perhaps you should advertise Cipher cards for this.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's cool. It'd make sense for you to like one if you like the other, I suppose. I would want to collect Cipher cards, but I wouldn't have anyone to play with, and since I'm moving around a lot lately I would have to ferry them around, or only buy in sprees.

The only Cipher card I have is the limited edition Lucina from JP Fates' first edition, and for some reason I decided to keep it on my person. Perhaps that's why Lucina was my first 5*, and I got Bunny Lucina very easily; I had a catalyst lol. Perhaps you should advertise Cipher cards for this.

I've actually made summoning circles for Heroes with my Cipher cards! The success was, uh, dubious, though.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese wording is the source of truth. 連続 is the word translated as "consecutive" and implies unbroken repetition.

Also, "after the first" is the word "sequential", not "consecutive". "Consecutive" implies unbroken sequence.

I am prepared to believe someone who speaks Japanese over my own reading, so I will assume that means doubles will not work.  However, not going to throw in the towel just yet, hopefully it does end up working for doubles.

A lot of people are saying that would be OP but think about it.  If you would do 20 damage and attack twice, that's a total of 40 damage. With Urvan, 24 damage.  With a skill that buffs def by 5, such as fortress def, you would block a total of 10 damage when attacked twice and thus they would do 30 damage.  So the difference is only 6 damage between them.  Obviously, the weapon would still be one of the best, but it is not 'unstoppable' at all.  If anything, it's fairly situational and wouldn't be good if it weren't for 16MT and killer effect along with it.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I am prepared to believe someone who speaks Japanese over my own reading, so I will assume that means doubles will not work.  However, not going to throw in the towel just yet, hopefully it does end up working for doubles.

A lot of people are saying that would be OP but think about it.  If you would do 20 damage and attack twice, that's a total of 40 damage. With Urvan, 24 damage.  With a skill that buffs def by 5, such as fortress def, you would block a total of 10 damage when attacked twice and thus they would do 30 damage.  So the difference is only 6 damage between them.  Obviously, the weapon would still be one of the best, but it is not 'unstoppable' at all.  If anything, it's fairly situational and wouldn't be good if it weren't for 16MT and killer effect.

Wait, did Urvan reduce consecutive damage TO 80% or BY 80%

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

By 80%. 20 becomes 4, etc.

That is when i know i fucked up

RIP Memewood ORKO Urvan Ike dream

Regardless that basically make him the best Green in the game with DC

Edited by JSND

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

So, somebody posted this on the FE sub:

Hide contents

9uqoyd3cxliz.png

Does this warrant a topic?

I think there's already a topic somewhere about FEH Anime?

Also, after a pulse of remorse I've decided to go F2P on CYL banner, I currently have almost 30 orbs, we're getting 4 daily orbs at minimum until special login ends, we're getting sept quests, the paralogue orbs, its quests, the gauntlet and that'll be like 3 full sessions plus free hero. I'm positive I'll get at least 3 of them!

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Also, after a pulse of remorse I've decided to go F2P on CYL banner, I currently have almost 30 orbs, we're getting 4 daily orbs at minimum until special login ends, we're getting sept quests, the paralogue orbs, its quests, the gauntlet and that'll be like 3 full sessions plus free hero. I'm positive I'll get at least 3 of them!

If your luck is as bad as mine, you may never be able to get them :P

I hit 4.5% and 5.25% on the two summer banners and now I'm on 3.5% for the Hector CYL

I only managed to get a few summer units... and that was because the banner lasted a while! 

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

If your luck is as bad as mine, you may never be able to get them :P

I hit 4.5% and 5.25% on the two summer banners and now I'm on 3.5% for the Hector CYL

I only managed to get a few summer units... and that was because the banner lasted a while! 

Aww, a shame. Instead I yolo'd 5 orbs to insta get Xander and Corrin. And then did like 2 sessions to get Elise.

Luck be with us!

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Transfer some to me! I don't have ike after fest and por banner!

What is an Ike to 10.000 copy of Reinhardt

Fuck Hero Fest seriously, if i don't fall to that false advertising of a banner, i'd have 180 atm

Just now, JSND said:

Fuck Hero Fest seriously, if i don't fall to that false advertising of a banner, i'd have 180 atm

Never pulled on it :PPPP I wasted all my time trying to get Corrin from summer

I COULDN'T EVEN PULL FOR MINERVA ON THE LND BANNER

Just now, JSND said:

Lol

I'm saving everything for CYL because Gauntlet sux and CYL has OP stuff. Plus illustrations are better.

Also, Lucina is blue Veronica 0/10. Same artist tho

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Never pulled on it :PPPP I wasted all my time trying to get Corrin from summer

I COULDN'T EVEN PULL FOR MINERVA ON THE LND BANNER

This is why you go all melee Flier Emblem or no balls

I want Minerva too

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Lol

I'm saving everything for CYL because Gauntlet sux and CYL has OP stuff. Plus illustrations are better.

Also, Lucina is blue Veronica 0/10. Same artist tho

Yeah only did 2 pulls per banner because i want to restock Repos and Fury by going for Red Green on Gauntlet

CYL is probably going to be RGC fest for the better characters + restock on Deathblow

1 minute ago, azurrys said:

Quick question: the CYL Heroes are here to stay, right? They'll still be around when their banner ends?

Probably.  Maybe not.

Also flier emblem >>>> horse emblem.  It just takes more work / whalism.

Edited by Lushen

Thinking about what they'd do if later on they made a CYL-like banner with the runner-ups: Chrom, Camilla, Hector, and Tharja. I don't think they'd give any of them the Ike/Lyn treatment of increased stats and a personal passive, but I can see them all getting Roy/Lucina-level treatment, to give them reason to release more characters on that power level. To give them weapons as appropriate as possible while also being exciting and covering all four colors, my idea is:

• Hector: Forblaze
  • Tharja: New blue tome (or blue Goetia)
  • Camilla: Bolverk
  • Chrom: New bow

Camilla is the only one with a weapon she has as close of a thematic connection to as Ike, Roy, and Lyn, so that seems like an easy choice. And like the first two of those, it's her father's weapon, although in a completely different context. She could stay as an axe flier, since flying is cool, or she could become an armor to be more like Garon and so that she wouldn't be completely carrying over her original unit type.

Hector could use some sword, or some lance since he can use them in FE6, but there just aren't any he has any connection to other than like... Durandal, which is what Roy already did, and Sol Katti, which just seems kind of silly. On the other hand, he's buddies with Athos, who fights alongside him with Forblaze in the final battle. Also a mage armor would be cool, and a nice follow-up to Lyn as the first bow cavalry.

Chrom basically gets forced into bows because none of the other characters would make much sense as colorless, while he has an archer reclass. Could be either infantry or mounted, since he does have a Bow Knight promotion, but mounted would step on Lyn's toes a bit while infantry is closer to his Great Lord class.

Tharja can just kinda do whatever, since tomes are pretty flexible about color, so this setup puts her in blue. Like Chrom and Lucina, she gets hit by the issue of a lack of Awakening-specific ultimate weapons, although it does have Goetia. Dark magic tends to be red in Heroes, but I don't think it'd be too strange as a blue tome. Also like Chrom, she could be mounted based on her promotion options, but mage cavalry already heavily leans blue as-is, so that could get a bit odd, and it's probably not necessary. Also in Awakening, Tharja can't use dark magic if she gets a horse, but I don't think anyone would care about that.