Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I think the real rub is veterans get the stat penalty on top of the cavalary stat penalty. Seems kind of needless since I doubt we'll ever get infantry vets (and the only flying vet I can think of would MAYBE be that fe6 peg knight you rescue from prison?).

I wonder why the Veteran class exists, anyway. Like ok, conceptually, I guess they wanted to pay homage to the "Jagen" archetype but that seems like a really slim niche for this game? The only other possible vets I can think of would be Aran (who also gets horse penalties) and........I actually don't know?  If they stick specifically with the "trash growths, bad stats, early game" niche of Jagen/Gunter the only real runners are Arran, Marcus and idk did FE4 & 5 even have them? Trainees reach a lot more people, even before them adding the "young dragons" to them.

But I digress. In the main games, these characters exist to baby your other units so they can grow by feeding them kills, or to have an emergency early game nuke option. That doesn't really apply here, where you're not guaranteed to get Jagen (Gunter is at least a free unit) or any other future vet. 

At least distribution means they can try and make the most of it. Gunter is a nice example: he is surprisingly handy since he gets solid hp, attack & defense. Like he'll never be outstanding, but I had no trouble using him even without horse buffs before I silently replaced him with Titania. Jagen is the other side of that coin...just kind of low everything (and explicitly lower  than gunter almost across the board) aside from Res. I'm sure he's still workable somehow since there's no unit in this game that can't be brought up to usable status with enough SI, but still, kinda needless.

e: Oh there's Mycen and maybe Nomah. Forgot about them since they're late game versions for whatever reason

Edited by r_n

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I think the real rub is veterans get the stat penalty on top of the cavalary stat penalty. Seems kind of needless since I doubt we'll ever get infantry vets (and the only flying vet I can think of would MAYBE be that fe6 peg knight you rescue from prison?).

I wonder why the Veteran class exists, anyway. Like ok, conceptually, I guess they wanted to pay homage to the "Jagen" archetype but that seems like a really slim niche for this game? The only other possible vets I can think of would be Aran (who also gets horse penalties) and........I actually don't know?  If they stick specifically with the "trash growths, bad stats, early game" niche of Jagen/Gunter the only real runners are Arran, Marcus and idk did FE4 & 5 even have them? Trainees reach a lot more people, even before them adding the "young dragons" to them.

But I digress. In the main games, these characters exist to baby your other units so they can grow by feeding them kills, or to have an emergency early game nuke option. That doesn't really apply here, where you're not guaranteed to get Jagen (Gunter is at least a free unit) or any other future vet. 

At least distribution means they can try and make the most of it. Gunter is a nice example: he is surprisingly handy since he gets solid hp, attack & defense. Like he'll never be outstanding, but I had no trouble using him even without horse buffs before I silently replaced him with Titania. Jagen is the other side of that coin...just kind of low everything (and explicitly lower  than gunter almost across the board) aside from Res. I'm sure he's still workable somehow since there's no unit in this game that can't be brought up to usable status with enough SI, but still, kinda needless.

Jagen can be a decent red mage counter killer in Arena Assault, although that is pretty expensive.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

If they stick specifically with the "trash growths, bad stats, early game" niche of Jagen/Gunter the only real runners are Arran, Marcus and idk did FE4 & 5 even have them? Trainees reach a lot more people, even before them adding the "young dragons" to them.

FE4's closest match for the Jagen archetype is Oifey in Gen 2, but he's more like Seth/Titania/Frederick: since they don't have the Veteran status, I expect he wouldn't have it either. (Similarly, I think FE6 Marcus would have it but FE7 Marcus would not.) Gen 1 doesn't really have anything Jagen-like at all: the overpowered promoted unit you get at the start is Sigurd himself. FE5 is a bit wonky: Eyvel, Dagda, and Finn all have partial but not complete resemblance to the archetype. Dadga is probably the closest match for the gameplay function of "promoted unit you get at the beginning of the game but then doesn't grow", but with him not being a knight, I think it'd seem strange, and it's not like anyone wants more characters classified as Veterans anyway.

Regardless of who could fit, I think the Veterans so far have gone over poorly enough that there's unlikely to be more added in the future. So other potential candidates will probably either be featured with regular stat distributions or not included at all. The nice thing is that even though Arran and Marcus have incarnations that would seem strange to depict as non-Veterans, they each also appear in another game, and that game's version of them could be added as a regular unit just fine.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm only going into tomorrow with just a fourth of what you have (5) and there isn't a single orb left for me to collect from quests, Chain Challenge, etc. The most I've ever saved was about 40 (20 of which were from the April Voting Gauntlet) going into World of Shadows. Of course, my number of orbs will go up to 21 tomorrow assuming the quests accompanying Paralogue 11 will be the same as the last couple and give 3 orbs. The September quests should give out a total of 22 orbs if it follows past trends as well.

I don't have any more orbs from the Chain Challenges or quests either. I used the quest from Armor Emblem completed (on the last day!) to expand my barracks so I'm still sitting at 20. The CYL Paralogue will bring me up to 35 and completing a few monthly quests will take me up to 40. I'll either do a full pull on CYL and a few snipes on the VG Banner for Lyn or just two full pulls on the CYL banner.

CYL is priority though. I'm only trying once on the VG Banner, if I get any red *5 other than Lyn, my dream will have to go on standby. These CYL units are too good to pass up and I want them all. A Lyn banner will eventually come along with an Elibe BHB or TT but we have no idea when these CYL characters will come around again.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE4's closest match for the Jagen archetype is Oifey in Gen 2, but he's more like Seth/Titania/Frederick: since they don't have the Veteran status, I expect he wouldn't have it either. (Similarly, I think FE6 Marcus would have it but FE7 Marcus would not.) Gen 1 doesn't really have anything Jagen-like at all: the overpowered promoted unit you get at the start is Sigurd himself. FE5 is a bit wonky: Eyvel, Dagda, and Finn all have partial but not complete resemblance to the archetype. Dadga is probably the closest match for the gameplay function of "promoted unit you get at the beginning of the game but then doesn't grow", but with him not being a knight, I think it'd seem strange, and it's not like anyone wants more characters classified as Veterans anyway.

Regardless of who could fit, I think the Veterans so far have gone over poorly enough that there's unlikely to be more added in the future. So other potential candidates will probably either be featured with regular stat distributions or not included at all. The nice thing is that even though Arran and Marcus have incarnations that would seem strange to depict as non-Veterans, they each also appear in another game, and that game's version of them could be added as a regular unit just fine.

Also before they bless us with more 3 star units it would mean a veteran unit would be a focus unit and at worst be a 4*-5* unit. That's......really not a great idea, I'd think, unless they were decked head to toe in amazing skills

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Also before they bless us with more 3 star units it would mean a veteran unit would be a focus unit and at worst be a 4*-5* unit. That's......really not a great idea, I'd think, unless they were decked head to toe in amazing skills

Yeah. At this point I really don't think more 3-4* summons are happening, either. They're already releasing so many new characters and other content as-is, and it looks like their preferred way of dealing with the decreasing odds of summoning a new character is to lower the 3* rate. I get the idea they're just going to keep doing that until eventually the 3* rate goes away completely and summons are exclusively 4-5*.

As things currently stand, the place for the most innocuous new units seems to be the free TT unit each month, giving us units as generic as Tobin and Clive. So if they really did add another veteran unit, it'd probably be there, or somewhere else free. Would mean at least people wouldn't have to pull for them, or upgrade them for that matter, but still, who wants even that.

38 minutes ago, r_n said:

e: Oh there's Mycen and maybe Nomah. Forgot about them since they're late game versions for whatever reason

Thinking about it they already run out of veteran candidate yeah

Arran is a funny case where he fits as a veteran, yet is only one because of the story. He's pretty young

I want to see a banner with units that appear during Lyn's story mode and these are the units I want to see and how I want to see them:

Nils: A green breath unit

Weapon: Wields Ice Breath+ (Reduces def/res -5 after combat)

Support: Sing

B Slot Skill: Thor's Might (Gives an allied unit plus 4 atk if the unit with this skill use dance on them)

C Slot Skill: Hone Speed 3

Kent: Red Sword Cavalry

Weapon: Mani Katti (Mt 14: Deals super effective damage against armors and cavalry.

Support: Draw Back

A slot skill: Armored Blow

C Slot Skill: Fortify Cavalry

Sain: Blue Lance Cavalry

Weapon: Slaying Lance 

Offensive Skill: Ignis

Slot A skill: Fury

Slot C skill: Hone Cavalry

Rath: Bow Cavalry

Weapon: Rienfleche (16 Mt: Has desperation 2 built into it)

Offensive Skill: Iceberg

Slot A skill: Death Blow

Slot B skill: Vantage

Notes: The reasoning behind Sain having the Mani Katti is that Lyn gave the sword to him as a gift of friendship as Kain was the only one she knew well that could use a sword well.

Aaagh, the anticipation for the new banner is killing me.

Why am I getting so excited and eager for a cash sink? I am 20 years old damnit, I should have higher priorities, like... contemplating how to properly store Halloween candy to make it last for until Christmas candy becomes commonplace!

...shaddup I'm an adult.

I got curious about the odds of pulling each CYL hero. Had to make an assumption about which Sacred World units would drop to 4*, so I went with Seth and Amelia since they seem likely. (It's easy to change the numbers, anyway.) If that assumption is correct, then as long as I did this right:

p1gBqnU.png

Results:

• Red orbs are:
    • 36.84% likely to contain a 3*
    • 57.15% likely to contain a 4*
    • 3.51% likely to contain a regular 5*
    • 2.51% likely to contain CYL Roy
  • Blue orbs are:
    • 35.31% likely to contain a 3*
    • 58.68% likely to contain a 4*
    • 3.00% likely to contain a regular 5*
    • 3.00% likely to contain CYL Lucina
  • Green orbs are:
    • 33.93% likely to contain a 3*
    • 59.53% likely to contain a 4*
    • 2.69% likely to contain a regular 5*
    • 3.85% likely to contain CYL Ike
  • Colorless orbs are:
    • 37.27% likely to contain a 3*
    • 57.17% likely to contain a 4*
    • 2.63% likely to contain a regular 5*
    • 2.93% likely to contain CYL Lyn

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I want to see a banner with units that appear during Lyn's story mode and these are the units I want to see and how I want to see them:

Nils: A green breath unit

Weapon: Wields Ice Breath+ (Reduces def/res -5 after combat)

Support: Sing

B Slot Skill: Thor's Might (Gives an allied unit plus 4 atk if the unit with this skill use dance on them)

C Slot Skill: Hone Speed 3

Kent: Red Sword Cavalry

Weapon: Mani Katti (Mt 14: Deals super effective damage against armors and cavalry.

Support: Draw Back

A slot skill: Armored Blow

C Slot Skill: Fortify Cavalry

Sain: Blue Lance Cavalry

Weapon: Slaying Lance 

Offensive Skill: Ignis

Slot A skill: Fury

Slot C skill: Hone Cavalry

Rath: Bow Cavalry

Weapon: Rienfleche (16 Mt: Has desperation 2 built into it)

Offensive Skill: Iceberg

Slot A skill: Death Blow

Slot B skill: Vantage

Notes: The reasoning behind Sain having the Mani Katti is that Lyn gave the sword to him as a gift of friendship as Kain was the only one she knew well that could use a sword well.

I don't know if lore-wise that's possible since Lyn is the only one who can wield the Mani Katti. Only Lyn can unsheathe it and use, according to the bishop on the sword's altar, plus the spirits chose her and only her to draw the sword.

If anything, Heroes should have another Lyn with Mani Katti, else I'll raeg.

Instead, Kent can get Firesweep Sword+, having high spd, average atk and average to low defenses but high HP. On the other hand, Sain will probably be Camus 2.0 in terms of stats, or have Ogma-level res.

From Lyn's Legion we're missing Kent, Sain, Wil, Dorcas, Erk, Rath, Nils and Wallace.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Lol why not? What has Wallace done to you :P:

Wallace took Lyn's revenge from her off screen during the time skip. Then proceeds to lecture her about not harboring a grudge. Lyn's revenge against the Taliver bandits is another sub plot either resolved off screen or never at all. #JustFE7Things

26 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Instead, Kent can get Firesweep Sword+, having high spd, average atk and average to low defenses but high HP. On the other hand, Sain will probably be Camus 2.0 in terms of stats, or have Ogma-level res.

From Lyn's Legion we're missing Kent, Sain, Wil, Dorcas, Erk, Rath, Nils and Wallace.

Firesweep Sword+ would fit Kent, and the stats you proposed make sense. What about a banner with Eliwood and Hector themed units? Eliwood would probably have Marcus, Lowen, Isadora, and maybe a rare chance of FE 7 Bartre. Hector's banner would be Oswin, Farina, and Karla

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Forced me to promote him at level 12.

I think that almost coloured my perception of the LP I watched (it wasn't upfront about the fact that was forced.)

Edited by phineas81707
Why I Normally Avoid Mobile.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I think that almost coloured my perception of the LP I watched (it wasn't upfront about the tact that was forced.)

That the player is very good?

(It's kind of weird, instant level 10 promotion is the kind of thing that you do either when you're bad---don't know early promotion costs level ups---or when you're very good---when you don't need those extra stats for quick, reliable clears, because you use strategies that are more precise, with lower stat requirements. In the later game, of course, the early on early promotion usually speeds up the early maps by quite a bit.)

14 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Wallace took Lyn's revenge from her off screen during the time skip. Then proceeds to lecture her about not harboring a grudge. Lyn's revenge against the Taliver bandits is another sub plot either resolved off screen or never at all. #JustFE7Things

#FE7Supports

What's wrong with it? What Wallace did? Or the lack of expansion on said sub plot?

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Forced me to promote him at level 12.

he's clearly to be praised by teaching us how to promote units!

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Firesweep Sword+ would fit Kent, and the stats you proposed make sense. What about a banner with Eliwood and Hector themed units? Eliwood would probably have Marcus, Lowen, Isadora, and maybe a rare chance of FE 7 Bartre. Hector's banner would be Oswin, Farina, and Karla

Pherae banner can have Marcus, Isadora, Harken and Lowen. Lowen can make a different cavalier, more like Sheena with 3 mov. Also they should give him inverse LnD. Harken is the rightful owner of the Brave Sword! Hector banner can have Oswin, Farina, maybe Karla and MERLINUS. Merlinus with base 40 spd when.

Wow we're missing a lot of Elibe characters.

Wallace would be an insult just for the fact that he's not Oswin.

Oswin needs to appear and he needs to either have top tier DEF, or a skill that makes him invincible.

Weapon - Rex Hasta

MT: 16, Grants Res+4 During Combat

A Skill - Steady Stance 3 

If attacked, unit gains +6 DEF during combat.

B Skill - Impenetrable 3

If unit has less than 50% health, all damage reduced by 80% / Armor Units Only

Edited by Zeo

Just now, Quintessence said:

#FE7Supports

What's wrong with it? What Wallace did? Or the lack of expansion on said sub plot?

He's a terribly written character. Remember: You meet up with Lyn again when she's on the run from Laus' troops who have invaded her castle with the intent of killing her and her grandfather. Wallace could have stayed and served House Caelin, or returned to his retirement, but his epilogue says he left in search of a cause worthy of his blade. In this support it's revealed he made a cross country trip to slay his old friend's killers. Then has the gall to lecture Lyn about not holding a grudge? Tell me his trip wasn't personal. Awful writing, awful coverup for what could have been a good gaiden chapter while the lords were in Bern.

And he uses that master seal. But you can't hang on to that seal past Lyn's story, it just adds to her ranking's "funds" category. Can't use it on Sain or Kent. If you devoted all of Lyn mode's exp to Lyn, Sain, and Kent, they'd all be no higher than level 7.

Just now, Quintessence said:

#FE7Supports

He's a terribly written character. Remember: You meet up with Lyn again when she's on the run from Laus' troops who have invaded her castle with the intent of killing her and her grandfather. Wallace could have stayed and served House Caelin, or returned to his retirement, but his epilogue says he left in search of a cause worthy of his blade. In this support it's revealed he made a cross country trip to slay his old friend's killers. Then has the gall to lecture Lyn about not holding a grudge? Tell me his trip wasn't personal. Awful writing, awful coverup for what could have been a good gaiden chapter while the lords were in Bern.

And he uses that master seal. But you can't hang on to that seal past Lyn's story, it just adds to her ranking's "funds" category. Can't use it on Sain or Kent. If you devoted all of Lyn mode's exp to Lyn, Sain, and Kent, they'd all be no higher than level 7.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

First, it’s a knight’s crest, so Sain or Kent. Second, it’s entirely possible and plausible to have one of those promoted by the end of LHM.