Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I beat it on my first try using a team of Cecilia, Ike, Ephraim and Hector. I just used hard counters for each of the units there. Cecilia is a raven triangle adept user with bow breaker. Ephraim is + defence with sword breaker. Hector was a standard build. Ike had axe breaker from when I gave it to him for the legion battles. This made the final map incredibly easy.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Congrats on the clear!

Also, I pulled a +atk -res 3-star Eliwood. Would it be worth investing in him? I like the +atk, but considering that Eliwood's res is one of his strongest points, is it worth havingĀ -res on Eliwood?

EDIT: Also, is a +atk -spd Clair worth it? This is my only Clair.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Congrats on the clear!

Also, I pulled a +atk -res 3-star Eliwood. Would it be worth investing in him? I like the +atk, but considering that Eliwood's res is one of his strongest points, is it worth havingĀ -res on Eliwood?

I've had good use with a +speed -Res Eliwood so you can work around his lowered res. From what I've heard + Attack can make him a monster with Durandal and death blow on the player phase. Don't know about Clair though.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

For what it's worth, that's the 5* Clair I intend to use as a base for a merging project.

I'd like an answer too, but no pressure.

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just putting this out there, but only Seth got dropped to 4-5 star status. Amelia, Innes and Tana are all still 5* only unless if I misread the list.

Huh, looks like you're right. That's frustrating, but all of them had reasons to stay, I guess. Hope this doesn't become a pattern.

I'd been hoping to bank on Amelia dropping, but it looks like I'll have to pull for her sometime later. Still glad I saved my orbs for CYL instead, though. And it looks like the Black Knight is coming soon, so he can take her spot as my fourth armor, as well as helping to cover the team's weakness to ranged attacks.

Haha, Ike is built like a fucking tank---Urvan might as well read: TA-3, unit gains triangle advantage over ranged units. His speed is pitiful, but: A, his def is Hector level, B, mages have to fight through Urvan, which is total bullshit as long as youĀ don'tĀ run distant counter. Next turn you just Aether them in the face and heal to full.

It never really hit me before now, but... I have so many pre-Modern 5* in comparison to Modern ones. I use a lot of 4* Moderns, yes, but I thought the ratio was more skewed in favour of Moderns.

Of the 27 "favourited" 5* (there's also an Abel whom I intend to mulch), 3 are Modern, and 2 are from Askr. 2 are also Classics in costumes.

...(9 are from Echoes, 10 if you count Camus).

Ā 

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Haha, Ike is built like a fucking tank---Urvan might as well read: TA-3, unit gains triangle advantage over ranged units. His speed is pitiful, but: A, his def is Hector level, B, mages have to fight through Urvan, which is total bullshit as long as youĀ don'tĀ run distant counter. Next turn you just Aether them in the face and heal to full.

Can you tell me how his A skill works with the cooldown reduction? Does he get +1 immediatly when he is engaged, but before the first actual attack? Or is it more like every time he gets attacked he gets +1 after the enemy attack, which would mean Reinhardt for example would give him +2 after the second proc of Dire Thunder? I take it it's the latter, but I'm asking just to beĀ sure.

9 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Can you tell me how his A skill works with the cooldown reduction? Does he get +1 immediatly when he is engaged, but before the first actual attack? Or is it more like every time he gets attacked he gets +1 after the enemy attack, which would mean Reinhardt for example would give him +2 after the second proc of Dire Thunder? I take it it's the latter, but I'm asking just to beĀ sure.

His A-slot works every hit he takes, and every hit he deals. That is: Reinhardt double instantly charges Aether (4 cd, 2 per hit), if Ike doubles back, he'll Aether on the first hit, and the second hit gives him 2 charge to Aether, bringing it to 2/4 charge.

Mind, I could be remembering wrong, really late right now.

Edit: Mind, that's only when he's being attacked---his A-slot does nothing if he's attacking.

Edited by DehNutCase

25 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

His A-slot works every hit he takes, and every hit he deals. That is: Reinhardt double instantly charges Aether (4 cd, 2 per hit), if Ike doubles back, he'll Aether on the first hit, and the second hit gives him 2 charge to Aether, bringing it to 2/4.

Edit: Mind, that's only when he's being attacked---his A-slot does nothing if he's attacking.

Thanks! I just had a reaaally interesting idea for a build >=)

Edited by Birdy

Late, but thanks to people who responded to my questions! I'll start training up the new Eliwood, and since the Clair is the only one I have, I'll just use her until I run into a +atk/-not speed one.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Late, but thanks to people who responded to my questions! I'll start training up the new Eliwood, and since the Clair is the only one I have, I'll just use her until I run into a +atk/-not speed one.

Lol i just saw your post

Ā 

Res only Eli really only matters if you want to run Dual Ploy Eli but is it safe to assume you dont have def ploy? The set would run Brave Sword and is essentially the strongest Brave Sword in the game after Cavalry buff

He should wreck Fae regardless thats essentially the only Green that somewhat matters on res counter basis. On DurandalĀ ATK Eliwood sitting at 54 should ORKO 45/41 Ike pretty much exactly on initiationĀ 

Edited by JSND

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

Res only Eli really only matters if you want to run Dual Ploy Eli but is it safe to assume you dont have def ploy? The set would run Brave Sword and is essentially the strongest Brave Sword in the game after Cavalry buff

He should wreck Fae regardless thats essentially the only Green that somewhat matters on res counter basis. On DurandalĀ ATK Eliwood sitting at 54 should ORKO 45/41 Ike pretty much exactly on initiationĀ 

I don't have summer Gaius, so no defense ploy for me XD The attack ploy seal is also better used on my Sanaki, who catches almost everyone with 37 resistance. But if -res doesn't hurt Eliwood, I'll just keep the new one then. Thanks!

Arrrrgghh. With only 28 orbs on my main, i wanted to hunt Ike. Guess what? Absolutely no green orbs at all....down to 4 so i better add more orbs.

so i decided to pull on my luckier second account. 1 green- so what is my free summon? Freaking Brave Ike!!! I was so happy i finished the pull, and did another full pull. And then i got another Brave Ike!?!?!? What is this luck- i wish i could transfer it to my main!

now i'm at a loss on what to do with the spare. It turns out my first was -Atk/+Def so i'm glad i received a second one.Ā Do i merge? Have a double Brave Ike defense? Inherit steady breath? So many options, the power is frightening.

Didn't get ike from hero fest on my second so this makes up for it. I could almost cry after a bad end to the day, too! Summer Tiki shall step into battle again to give some good ol' Axe Valour sp bonus

Ā 

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't have summer Gaius, so no defense ploy for me XD The attack ploy seal is also better used on my Sanaki, who catches almost everyone with 37 resistance. But if -res doesn't hurt Eliwood, I'll just keep the new one then. Thanks!

The idea is that 32 is actually the number to go since most unit that manage to stand on "not dying to any physical hit" vs "having high enough res for it to proc" is around that area

Ā 

Regardless yeah -Res doesnt hurt him and if its any point ATK Eliwood is better atm(imo) compared to SPD Eliwood was

Aha, fair enough, and that makes sense. My previous Eliwood is a +def -HP one (if I remember correctly), the +atk one should hit a lot harder compared to that one, I assume. So in that case I'll invest in the new Eliwood.

It's time to select who I want from the CYL banner. It'a between Ike and Lyn. I want Ike because my green 5 stars are the lowest, but I want Lyn because she is my favorite FE heroes character. Who should I pick?

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

It's time to select who I want from the CYL banner. It'a between Ike and Lyn. I want Ike because my green 5 stars are the lowest, but I want Lyn because she is my favorite FE heroes character. Who should I pick?

Are you planning on spending orbs on the banner as well? Pulling green is a lot more effective than pulling colorless at getting focus characters (when both have the same number): a green orb has a 3.95% chance of being Ike while a colorless orb only has a 2.91% chance of being Lyn, because non-focus green orbs are noticeably less common than colorless (and other colors). Colorless also has the lowest total 5* rate because it's more slanted towards lower rarities than the other colors.

So if you want to select one and pull for the other and you're about indifferent between the two, I'd recommend selecting Lyn and pulling for Ike. Personally, I also selected Lyn and have been pulling for Ike, although I wanted Lyn more due to her being a mounted archer.

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Most broken unit in Sacred Stones, my foot.

How are people going with P11-3? I've cleared it, but with unit losses... how to get orb?

Surprisingly...Jaffar. Ā You need a unit with obnoxious base spd mage or a nocolor 2rng unit (DC doesnt work) to tank and defeat Lyn in 2 turns. Ā Remember you can buff their spd up so just get a high spd one and use infantry buffs. Ā Then you can block Ike with a red unit. Ā Then, you need to make sure someone (blue unit preferably) is in Seth's range so he doesnt break the barrier letting Lucina in the area your red blocked. Ā Your green melee should be below the 'jaffar' so when Ike dies he can swoop in and kill or block Lucina when she breaks the barrier.

Edited by Lushen

The introduction of CYL Lucina, Tana, and although he gets resistance instead of defense, Berkut finally sunk in how hard Seliph and Tyrfing were shafted. Seliph only gets +4 defense if his HP is <= 50% and Tyrfing is equipped. Meanwhile, CYL Lucina gets a fixed +3 defense from Geirskogul, Tana gets +7 defense if she's attacked by axes, lances, and swords with Vidofnir, and Berkut gets +4 resistance if he gets attacked and has his lance equipped.

Oh, and I kind of want a +Def CYL Lucina now. 31 base defense and +3 from Geirskogul? Sign me up.

Anyway, for those who played PoR and RD, what was Nephenee like as a unit? Kind of wondering what she would be like in Heroes. I guess she could be a speedy lance unit since aside from CYL Lucina and Sharena, the other fast lance infantry are seasonal and everyone else is slow and bulky with the exception of Donnel who is about average in speed if you take off Brave Lance.

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The introduction of CYL Lucina, Tana, and although he gets resistance instead of defense, Berkut finally sunk in how hard Seliph and Tyrfing were shafted. Seliph only gets +4 defense if his HP is <= 50% and Tyrfing is equipped. Meanwhile, CYL Lucina gets a fixed +3 defense from Geirskogul, Tana gets +7 defense if she's attacked by axes, lances, and swords with Vidofnir, and Berkut gets +4 resistance if he gets attacked and has his lance equipped.

Oh, and I kind of want a +Def CYL Lucina now. 31 base defense and +3 from Geirskogul? Sign me up.

Anyway, for those who played PoR and RD, what was Nephenee like as a unit? Kind of wondering what she would be like in Heroes. I guess she could be a speedy lance unit since aside from CYL Lucina and Sharena, the other fast lance infantry are seasonal and everyone else is slow and bulky with the exception of Donnel who is about average in speed if you take off Brave Lance.

Nephenee in PoR was a pretty frail unit, with high skill and spd, basically a myrmidon with lances. Her innate skill is Wrath, which increases her crt when her hp is below 30% (double crt on PoR and flat +50 on RD). Once trained she's a pretty good unit and it is quite easy with BEXP and forges.

On RD she's the best lancer but suffers from AS loss due to equipping a heavy lance. But pretty much has the same situation that in PoR, just less harsh.

On heroes she has Slaying Lance from what I noticed, dunno about her skills, she might get Luna or Astra because Halberdiers and Sentinels get Impale as Mastery skill.

= EDIT =

Another skill that might fit her is a dual defiant skill, like Defiant Atk/Spd or Spd/Res, because she has higher res than def.

Edited by Quintessence

Apparently Seth's 4* skill is Fortress Def, so that's finally fully available without a 5*.

30 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm not sure Lucina counts, since CYL weapons are so much better than other ones. Like, Urvan does everything Hauteclere does plus the anti-Brave effect, and Blazing Durandal compared to original Durandal replaces Death Blow 2 withĀ Attack +3 and then adds Heavy Blade 3 as well.

Vidofnir does seem like much better way to do that sort of effectĀ than Tyrfing, though. Hopefully Sigurd will have a variant called like Shining Tyrfing or something with a better effect, maybe the Res version of Vidofnir. (Wouldn't be great without Distant Counter, but still.)