Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, and I somehow missed this. It Ishtar is not on the horizon, then Cecilia is my next promotion, and then a Nino to supply a blade+ for her.
Who can say no to such an intelligent, elegant, and beautiful lady as Cecilia? No one, that’s who.

People with 4*+10 Cecilias?

Also when you mention Thunder Thighs, the only person I think of is this: 

Spoiler

shermie_by_g305-d9kzpk2.png

Shermie from King of Fighters.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Congratulations, your terrible puns delayed the introduction of the laguz into Heroes for another three years.
Aren’t you grateful?!

C'mon man, just Lethe him have his fun.

I still want Thracia so I'm delaying the laguz on purpose.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nai-la la la lah. Nai lalalalah!

Volug is rug on which I want to roll.

Skrimir when here there will be nothing to fear.

Come on Heroes, you Caineghis do it!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Congratulations, your terrible puns delayed the introduction of the laguz into Heroes for another three years.
Aren’t you grateful?!

Laguz units exterminated with extreme Lethe-ality. Ranulf said.

14 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That's cool.

You should play better games tho.

Earthbound is a 7/10. 

#Bait

Gr8 b8 m8 I rate it 8/8

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Agreed.

Earthbound Beginnings is way better.

Mother is a good game too, but it aged pretty poorly in my opinion.

Flashbacks of Duncan’s Factory

By Tuesday I will have the whole Askr trio promoted. I’m not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, I won’t have to worry about needing a bonus unit again. But on the other, wow. Running 1 range infantry is like playing with one hand tied behind my back.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

C'mon man, just Lethe him have his fun.

I still want Thracia so I'm delaying the laguz on purpose.

How dare you have Ulkirior motives!

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Laguz units exterminated with extreme Lethe-ality. Ranulf said.

Janaff said.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also when you mention Thunder Thighs, the only person I think of is this: 

Reveal hidden contents

shermie_by_g305-d9kzpk2.png

Shermie from King of Fighters.

It's about time I see a KoF reference here. Although maybe there would be more if Orochi from Fates was in Heroes too...

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mother is a good game too, but it aged pretty poorly in my opinion.

Flashbacks of Duncan’s Factory

I still need to actually play it myself. I've seen Let's Plays of it, so I at least know how the game plays out, but I want to play it someday regardless.

And then I get reminded of things like this, and I get intimidated again, haha.

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

As much as Shanna winning is an unexpected surprise, it feels a bit awkward to celebrate it by foddering her off to the new Katarina I almost finished training... ^^;

Funnily enough, I did the reverse (sacking the -Atk Katarina I recently pulled for Swift Sparrow) of this as my first act of rewarding Shanna for her victory. The next, of course, is actually promoting her to 5* once the next arena pay-out comes in.

Is it bad that part of me also wants to axe off Hinoka to give Shanna Brave Lance+ and Hone Fliers? It would be symbolic and everything!

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's about time I see a KoF reference here. Although maybe there would be more if Orochi from Fates was in Heroes too...

I still need to actually play it myself. I've seen Let's Plays of it, so I at least know how the game plays out, but I want to play it someday regardless.

You have good taste. I knew I liked you for a reason

Riot of Blood Orochi when  I guess Reina took the bloodthirst part between Mikoto's retainers

Well there's different games and it varies depending on the year/game, which one do you want to play in particular?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

You have good taste. I knew I liked you for a reason

Riot of Blood Orochi when  I guess Reina took the bloodthirst part between Mikoto's retainers

Well there's different games and it varies depending on the year/game, which one do you want to play in particular?

I will admit, I am mildly disappointed that I didn't get to make an Athena reference first. And I could've had the perfect chance when I pulled that +Spd Athena recently...

Chris gets introduced as a Trainee unit, and just outright turns into Orochi when he's 5-star, with art changes and everything. And he doesn't even need feathers to promote; just a simple real-life blood sacrifice will work. So generous of them! 

I think you might've mistaken my comment on Mother/Earthbound Beginnings as a comment on KoF. I believe the only main KoF games I have yet to play are 2001, 2003, XI, and XII, plus a bunch of the spinoffs and old handheld titles.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Better! Good ear for puns!

My Reyson for being on this board is fun. 

So while it looks like I'm Ranulfing around the Muarim of Heroes gameplay, I'm actually Lyreing in wait, hiding in Tibarn, for a chance to pounce on something good. 

Kyza believe I come around as much as I do? Ena I don't believe it! 

You can come to Leanne on me to inject some diversity here. I come bearing the Giffca of silliness. Almedha your day better with laughs. 

Naesalayers can say I contribute Kurthnaga zero zilch here. But I don't try to Rafiel anyone's feathers, so you can pay me no heed. 

Neal-uchi before me, the Rajaion of bad pun making! I have produced a Dheginsea of atrocities! This is the Nasir of writing quality. No one can Gareth all. Soan your Agony and Pain and Lehran me out of town for this if you must. If that isn't enough, break out a bottle of Vika.

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

There is a patch which balances the difficulty in a few ways, namely by reducing random encounters and increasing EXP gain. But I know you’re better than that

Oddly enough, I’ve never finished Mother 3, and I probably never will.  It feels too different from the other two games for me to really enjoy it, especially since the story plays out in an episodic format.

@mcsilas I’ve played Metal Slug, am I cultured enough for you

Edited by MrSmokestack
You still need the teleport skill to run away

29 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I will admit, I am mildly disappointed that I didn't get to make an Athena reference first. And I could've had the perfect chance when I pulled that +Spd Athena recently...

Chris gets introduced as a Trainee unit, and just outright turns into Orochi when he's 5-star, with art changes and everything. And he doesn't even need feathers to promote; just a simple real-life blood sacrifice will work. So generous of them! 

I think you might've mistaken my comment on Mother/Earthbound Beginnings as a comment on KoF. I believe the only main KoF games I have yet to play are 2001, 2003, XI, and XII, plus a bunch of the spinoffs and old handheld titles.

Well that's what happens when the quote command removes your quotes XD

I'll say don't worry about 2001. It's...a mess. Unless you really like 4 on 4 team battles (or any combination up to 4). Or playing Foxy, K999 and original voice actor Angel- but then again, 2002UM has you covered for Foxy.

2003 is decent, I like it for introducing Shen (hence my 2nd account name). Malin is also really fun to play (or annoying if you face her) way better than Choi. Shingo's qcf+C move has a change to make a small spark of fire which is a neat Easter egg!

XI is a personal fave and is really fun, best tag system so far (well the only other tag one is 2003). Really shook things up and they took some risks, like leaving some staples like Mai and Leona out and the change in Time Over conditions. Final boss can be pretty annoying though. Lots of neat characters like Oswald debuted here (who sadly isn't back yet). Lots of neat returning characters like Vanessa made it a personal fave of mine, and the PS2 version adds NGBC characters like Mr. Big, Geese, old Robert, Mai and Hotaru to name a few.

XII isn't really worth it and is an obvious beta. Too bad those sprites took too long to make which stuffed up the schedules.

Alternate Athena in an idol costume and with a Psycho Sword when?  What about Vanessa and Seth lol (funny how both of them are FE8 characters).

Kyo, Iori, K' and Ash are all melee magic red tome users with their flames.

edit: @MrSmokestack More than me since I only played one Metal Slug game haha. More of a fighting game fan.

Edited by mcsilas

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What about Vanessa and Seth lol (funny how both of them are FE9 characters).

Unless you cound BS FE as FE5, Sacred Stones is usually FE8.

And this reminds me that I want to Kyle×Syrene and Forde×Vanessa next time I’m playing Sacred Stones. Bros and sises! (is that how you pluralise “sis”?)

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless you cound BS FE as FE5, Sacred Stones is usually FE8.

And this reminds me that I want to Kyle×Syrene and Forde×Vanessa next time I’m playing Sacred Stones. Bros and sises! (is that how you pluralise “sis”?)

Shoosh I blame 9 for being next to 8. And I blame 7 for scaring 6 because 7 8 9.... okay I'll go

I just finished watching a Let's Play of FE8, too.

I want Ross in the game. And Cormag. And L'arachel. Too many good side characters.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There is a patch which balances the difficulty in a few ways, namely by adding the option to actually run away from fights (yes, in the original you needed a teleport skill to escape fights, and no it didn’t work all the time) and increasing EXP gain. But I know you’re better than that

Oddly enough, I’ve never finished Mother 3, and I probably never will.  It feels too different from the other two games for me to really enjoy it, especially since the story plays out in an episodic format.

I have seen that patch floating around on some fansites, actually. It sounds like it would be super helpful considering how outdated and grindy the original is, but... unfortunately, the strikethrough part is a bit too true. I'll probably play the version on the Wii U (which I'm pretty sure is just the original English beta with an altered title screen), which gives me a single save state, and that's it. Hooray...

I know the least about Mother 3, honestly. I've heard opinions ranging from "It's easily the best in the series," to... well, yours, because it doesn't have the same feel that the others had. Someday I will play it, but there are too many other RPGs I need to beat first. That reminds me, I haven't continued my FF5 playthrough for a while...

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'll say don't worry about 2001. It's...a mess. Unless you really like 4 on 4 team battles (or any combination up to 4). Or playing Foxy, K999 and original voice actor Angel- but then again, 2002UM has you covered for Foxy.

2003 is decent, I like it for introducing Shen (hence my 2nd account name). Malin is also really fun to play (or annoying if you face her) way better than Choi. Shingo's qcf+C move has a change to make a small spark of fire which is a neat Easter egg!

XI is a personal fave and is really fun, best tag system so far (well the only other tag one is 2003). Really shook things up and they took some risks, like leaving some staples like Mai and Leona out and the change in Time Over conditions. Final boss can be pretty annoying though. Lots of neat characters like Oswald debuted here (who sadly isn't back yet). Lots of neat returning characters like Vanessa made it a personal fave of mine, and the PS2 version adds NGBC characters like Mr. Big, Geese, old Robert, Mai and Hotaru to name a few.

XII isn't really worth it and is an obvious beta. Too bad those sprites took too long to make which stuffed up the schedules.

Alternate Athena in an idol costume and with a Psycho Sword when?  What about Vanessa and Seth lol (funny how both of them are FE9 characters).

Kyo, Iori, K' and Ash are all melee magic red tome users with their flames.

I'll pass on 2001 for a while then. I did like '99 and 2000, but those and 2002UM are probably good enough to make 2001 not super necessary. Although actually completing that saga would be kinda nice someday. 2003 sounds neat (the username thing makes sense now that you point it out, haha), I'll likely get it before 2001 at least.

XI has been the one I've been looking for the most, so I'm glad to hear that it's that good. I like the sound of the gameplay system, especially since having a more unique setup would give me more of a reason to go back to it over other entries. Shame that Leona isn't in, but the NGBC characters sound cool (Hotaru was the main character I used in both Garou and NGBC), so that sounds like a solid tradeoff. Once I have enough money to spare, I'll have to try and find it for a decent price on Amazon or something.

That's sounds about right from what I know about XII, but I figured I'd list it anyway. I have XIII on like three different systems now, so I can pass on this one as well.

Great, now I'm imagining all of KoF Athena's voice clips in Heroes Athena's accent. Vanessa isn't in Heroes yet unfortunately, but I will fully take the blame for forgetting about Seth. Off the top of my head, Charlotte could be the fourth member of a hypothetical SNK team, even if she's the only one not in KoF. I just hope they don't make Vanessa a sword flier whenever they add her now...

Chang could totally be a dagger user. I would definitely give his "dagger" to as many units as possible, just to see them throw a giant ball and chain.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Wait what? Did they replace the usual Sunday’s orb? Or are they in addition to it?

Surprise Sunday quests! And a new daily bonus.

And they're giving out Sacred Coins and Great Badges. Probably to coerce people to upgrade more Sacred Seals like me

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Surprise Sunday quests! And a new daily bonus.

And they're giving out Sacred Coins and Great Badges. Probably to coerce people to upgrade more Sacred Seals like me

Just looked it up and woah, two free orbs. Just in time for another dose of fucking nothing!

Upgrading some seals is cool though.

Edited by Vaximillian