Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holy shit that's a lot of free Sacred Coins.

I'm not even done with all the Sacred Seal Forge quests, and I'm already only 10 coins away from being able to fully upgrade a SS I already own.

That's... absurd, especially considering we JUST had a voting gauntlet, aka 135 Sacred Coins total.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

49 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Did you know that you can actually sort your units via Rating? Sadly, they did not update it to the new Arena rating. I think we should give them feedback to update that.

I always thought that rating was just BST. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I always thought that rating was just BST. 

It is. (Hence why it's pointless.)

Edit: Rating isn't even pre-skill BST, which is what Arena score is based on, it's post-skill BST, which is even shittier than just showing you BST, because things like brave weapons are undervalued, and fury and the like is hilariously over valued.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

It is. (Hence why it's pointless.)

Edit: Rating isn't even pre-skill BST, which is what Arena score is based on, it's post-skill BST, which is even shittier than just showing you BST, because things like brave weapons are undervalued, and fury and the like is hilariously over valued.

Do you have any idea which seal to upgrade for arena scoring? 

I have DD and Brash Assault on level 3, Panic ploy on 2. Panic Ploy plus another seal will be upgraded to level 3, or would QP seal be almost equivalent to a level 3 seal? 

Candidates are Hardy Bearing (no idea about the scoring/SP cost), Deflect X (not yet level 1), ATK Ploy or ATK Smoke. 

What I dislike is that most of the seals at level 3 don't have a big difference gameplay-wise to their level 2 version. Without the arena scoring I would have most of the seals at level 2. 

I just had a thought...

Why have we never had a Seasonal Sword unit?

Whenever new units are added, of course expect at least one or two swords, but if you're going to dress for Halloween, god forbid you further saturate the already oversaturated Sword market we have already.

Hell, the one Valor skill not on a seasonal is Sword Valor... why is it okay to keep throwing Swords at the regular unit pool?

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you have any idea which seal to upgrade for arena scoring? 

I have DD and Brash Assault on level 3, Panic ploy on 2. Panic Ploy plus another seal will be upgraded to level 3, or would QP seal be almost equivalent to a level 3 seal? 

Candidates are Hardy Bearing (no idea about the scoring/SP cost), Deflect X (not yet level 1), ATK Ploy or ATK Smoke. 

What I dislike is that most of the seals at level 3 don't have a big difference gameplay-wise to their level 2 version. Without the arena scoring I would have most of the seals at level 2. 

Seals should be the same as skills, that is, it's their SP costs that matter, so you can just look up their regular skill versions.

Unfortunately, 'unique' seals like QP, Hardy Bearing, etc. don't have base skills, so you'd have to either test their values yourself, find someone who already did and posted the results, or just guess. (I am very much not a tester person, I'm very much a 'hey, that data looks about the same as my experiences, so I'll use that until I find something wrong with it' kind of person, so I'm afraid I don't have any hard data I can point to for you.)

IIRC, QP should be a around half a merge of points (actually more like .75, but whatever), that is, about a 150 pt point like drag back or lunge, from an old reddit post on arena score testing.

And, if I had to guess, Deflect seals are 240 SP skills. Why? Because they cost 50 sacred coins to make, and spurs cost 30 coins and are 200 point skills. They could also be 300 pt skills, but all the 300 skill point skills have been single level skills, whereas 240 pt skills are often the third tier of a 'special' skill like renewal or swift sparrow.

Edit: Mind, I wouldn't worry too much about arena scoring, assuming you're always higher than T17. Why? Because arena score is something that costs feathers (for merges and skill upgrades) to obtain, and what do you get out of it? Feathers.

You don't even get more feathers out of it than you spend---T20 is only 1k/week more than T19, and the score requirement grows far, far, faster than .05 points/week (which is how much score a single merge, divided by 20, would get you).

AA is a different beast, and high score matters there, but the advantage of AA is that you can cheese the score requirement with total crap units you'll never use anywhere else, but offer tons of score (like armors with Prf and unique skills, *cough* Hector *cough,* trainee dragons, trainee armors, trainee infantry with Prfs (B!Ike, Ayra), etc. etc.) to inflate your score.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I just had a thought...

I think it’s balanced out by the fact that almost every other banner adds a sword unit to the game. Seasonals are unique and need a good reason to pull for other than “I like this unit”, hence why the seasonal pool has more variety other than melee infantry like traditional banners.

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I just had a thought...

Whenever new units are added, of course expect at least one or two swords, but if you're going to dress for Halloween, god forbid you further saturate the already oversaturated Sword market we have already.

Hell, the one Valor skill not on a seasonal is Sword Valor... why is it okay to keep throwing Swords at the regular unit pool?

Swordies deserve to use joke weapons, too!

Like the Daikon Radish! I mean I'm not sure what season that could be celebrating, but it's a start!

Still not over the fact Daikon Radish is a dual-wielded sword weapon in Fates

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think it’s balanced out by the fact that almost every other banner adds a sword unit to the game. Seasonals are unique and need a good reason to pull for other than “I like this unit”, hence why the seasonal pool has more variety other than melee infantry like traditional banners.

I mean it makes sense in explanation, but just take the last batch of new units. We had 3 new Sword units in a total of 6 new units.

I know swords are on the freaking logo more often than anything else (even though I don't think the Fire Emblem object has ever been a sword...), but I think it's okay to chill out with swords now.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Swordies deserve to use joke weapons, too!

Like the Daikon Radish! I mean I'm not sure what season that could be celebrating, but it's a start!

Still not over the fact Daikon Radish is a dual-wielded sword weapon in Fates

I'm having more and more doubts that the Robin we seen in the Christmas Datamine is a Sword user despite looking like a Sword user.

...also wouldn't Daikon Radishes fit the theme of some sort of Harvest Festival? Are Daikon Radishes something you harvest?

Also thinking of the 4koma strip where M!Kana and Siegbert complain about getting Bronze Swords meanwhile Ryoma is using a Daikon Radish, then another one where Xander breaks the bottom off a Bottle and is ready for battle... man the FE Fates 4komas were good!

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm having more and more doubts that the Robin we seen in the Christmas Datamine is a Sword user despite looking like a Sword user.

Looks like a lance robin to me, which I hope is wrong because we already have a lance robin and default robin is already blue

Oh right fates I thought that was just a series of interconnected challenge maps with no story 

Edited by Mackc2

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Fates didn’t stop being a thing that exists.

As much as some of us might wish otherwise...

Oh right, it was a sword in a game... how many years did it take for that to happen? At least 25 years since the release of FE1, and in the game with the luckiest bastard this side of Valla?

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sheena also has Slaying Axe instead of Killer Axe on Map 2. Hmm.

I haven't gotten to the other maps yet (didn't have enough stamina during the 3PM session). Roderick stood out because I'm terrified of Roderick because the Firesweep Lance is a pain to deal with.

The fact Rody's missing the entire reason to put a Rody in a map makes me wonder what I'm about to face.

Just now, bethany81707 said:

I haven't gotten to the other maps yet (didn't have enough stamina during the 3PM session). Roderick stood out because I'm terrified of Roderick because the Firesweep Lance is a pain to deal with.

The fact Rody's missing the entire reason to put a Rody in a map makes me wonder what I'm about to face.

This is so true it hurts, i actually specifically repositioned to get into Roderick face only to see i'm taking damage lol

Just now, Nosmur said:

So i cleared all the sacred seals encounters... I have 170 atm so idk which seal i'll upgrade U.u... :thinking:

Distant Def. Atk+ or Spd+. Deflect Magic. Panic Ploy.

Lots of good choices, but I recommend Deflect Magic because Reinhardt