Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Maybe that is because Roy and Lilina do not have mothers to begin with. They have two dads. The developers never mentioned that the Elibe universe required one man and one woman to procreate. Eliwood and Hector have a secret affair and they became pregnant with Roy and Lilina (that is why Hector is wearing extra armor to protect his baby and hide his pregnancy; Eliwood is on a horse, so he can always just escape). Unlike Eliwood who is a sexual deviant who believes in free love (he even slept with an ice lizard), Hector worries about their children more which is why he is against Roy and Lilina being incestuous since they may produce genetically impaired offspring.

This is one of the weirdest workarounds for a headcanon I think I've ever seen.

And I am accepting it as fact from now on.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, I'm just messing with you. :p

Sol Katti has a high critical rate and +5 resistance in Blazing Sword and Awakening. Considering that it wasn't given any kind of resistance boosting effect in the beginning and the upgrade paths for all weapons are all implied to be attack, speed, defense, and resistance, it might have its unique option being something related to high critical rate. In that case, -1 special cooldown, +10 special damage, and built-in Flashing Blade 3 could be its unique effect option. Oh, and considering that Siegmund's Hone Attack 2 was shown to be upgraded to Hone Attack 3 regardless of the upgrade option, Sol Katti would also have Desperation 3 when upgraded. That would pair very nicely with Wrath 3 and -1 special cooldown or +10 special damage would be really good as well.

Yeah, I'm expecting either Flashing Blade or +10 damage for specials. Although, the kinda weird thing is, pretty much all of her options are already being used by other personal swords. Eldigan has the -1 special cooldown, Ayra has Flashing Blade, and now Mia has +10 special damage. I guess we already have a few different swords with Distant Counter though, so Sol Katti taking another sword's effect for its upgrade wouldn't be too out there. Regardless, there really aren't many effects that wouldn't be super helpful for her, especially when combined with Wrath. Shame that Nephenee isn't on the upcoming banner.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

And then Roy comes and one-ups his dad easily with a harem twice as large. Lilina, Sophia, Cecilia, Shanna, Sue, and Larum all at the same time.

How could you forget Guinevere? Marth's plans to dominate Elibe politically via well-placed mistresses is incomplete without Bern under his thumb.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Maybe that is because Roy and Lilina do not have mothers to begin with. They have two dads. The developers never mentioned that the Elibe universe required one man and one woman to procreate. Eliwood and Hector have a secret affair and they became pregnant with Roy and Lilina (that is why Hector is wearing extra armor to protect his baby and hide his pregnancy; Eliwood is on a horse, so he can always just escape). Unlike Eliwood who is a sexual deviant who believes in free love (he even slept with an ice lizard), Hector worries about their children more which is why he is against Roy and Lilina being incestuous since they may produce genetically impaired offspring.

But Eliwood didn't get a horse until FE7 was more than halfway through, assuming Eliwood mode canon (with the Hector exclusive characters, chapters and scenes too), it'd be over three quarters of the way in. Does that mean they did it during the events of Blazing? Maybe after Elbert died or after Ninian's death for Roy? I can see Lilina being conceived in the process of calming down Hector after Uther's passing. Sorrow sympathies sex sounds soooo romantic.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

No wonder Roy and Lilina never mention their mothers. Not even the developers know which girl they actually came from.

...Oh no... this headcanon might make Roy and Lilina another Seliph and Julia situation...

Worry not, in all the worlds where Roy and Lilina share parentage, Merlinus was entrusted with a sealed indestructible letter that contains official court artist illustrations depicting in graphic and vividly colored detail the birthing of Roy and of Lilina.

Unfortunately, this revelation isn't enough to dissuade them from doing it in all worlds. In one world, Merlinus is drowned in the Laus River after having his eyes gouged out, and Her Majesty Princess Uthora rules Lycia with an iron fist and a slight lisp. In another, Prince Eltor is mentally enfeebled and the pawn of the ambitious Leocadia, Marquess of Ryerde.

By the way, if we ever get an Eliwood Mk. II (FE6's Elder Eliwood?), I don't want it be a Sword of Seals swinger. I want him to be the master of the Maltet- he has an S Lance in FE6 and was supposed to be a Lance oriented Lycian Knight originally in 7. Or we can give Maltet to Juno and make her good for something other than ferrybotting for once. Melady? Tate? I'd rather shoot them with an Arrowspate. Zealot I admit has a better claim to it though than Juno, since its original bearer was a male Paladin named Barigan.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorrow sympathies sex sounds soooo romantic.

Most likely. Dudes know how to please each other better since they share the same junk.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Most likely. Dudes know how to please each other better since they share the same junk.

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links, ladies and gentlemen, where we discuss why yaoi pairings work better.

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Obstruct isn’t used on a weapon just yet.

Don't talk to me or my family ever again.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Worry not, in all the worlds where Roy and Lilina share parentage, Merlinus was entrusted with a sealed indestructible letter that contains official court artist illustrations depicting in graphic and vividly colored detail the birthing of Roy and of Lilina.

Unfortunately, this revelation isn't enough to dissuade them from doing it in all worlds. In one world, Merlinus is drowned in the Laus River after having his eyes gouged out, and Her Majesty Princess Uthora rules Lycia with an iron fist and a slight lisp. In another, Prince Eltor is mentally enfeebled and the pawn of the ambitious Leocadia, Marquess of Ryerde.

Let's not forget the worst (or best, depending on your opinion) world of them all: the one where learning that they're siblings only makes them more interested. The vivid story of Roy and Lilina's birth is a story passed down from generation to generation. Songs and ballads are written to describe the event, festivals and theater productions are held to reenact the glorious moment, and even the family crest contains an artists rendition of the legend.

43 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I'm expecting either Flashing Blade or +10 damage for specials. Although, the kinda weird thing is, pretty much all of her options are already being used by other personal swords. Eldigan has the -1 special cooldown, Ayra has Flashing Blade, and now Mia has +10 special damage. I guess we already have a few different swords with Distant Counter though, so Sol Katti taking another sword's effect for its upgrade wouldn't be too out there. Regardless, there really aren't many effects that wouldn't be super helpful for her, especially when combined with Wrath. Shame that Nephenee isn't on the upcoming banner.

Well, most weapons seem to have similar effects in their home games which is probably why the developers changed Wo Dao's effect from it being a stronger Killing Edge. And then Slaying Edge happened. Anyway, a weapon with high critical rate in their home games is likely going to have something that deals with special cooldown which would either be -1 special cooldown or a X Blade skill. They haven't introduced a weapon with a built-in Breath skill, but that's likely on the table as well. Otherwise, +10 special damage. Then you have your stat boosts which most if not all legendary and personal weapons have.

Also, as a reference to Mani Katti, they could make the unique effect effective damage to cavalry and armor. We don't have a weapon with two effective against movement type effects yet. Micaiah. The only other weapons that have it other than the rapiers are PoR Ike's Regal Sword, Ephraim's Reginleif, Micaiah's Thani, Caeda's Wing Spear, and Hector's Wolf Beil. Regal Sword might never make it in since Ike's associated with Ragnell and Ragnell's Distant Counter is really good. I feel like weapons with Distant Counter and eventually, Close Counter, might not get offensive, "self-benefiting" effects since CC and DC are powerful skills. At most, I can only see ally support skills. Anyway, I digress.

Reginleif is a bit weird since Ephraim could be a stronger offensive unit, but he's also a good support unit because of Siegmund and Siegmund's unique effect is a modified Brash Assault, so that's also good for him. Cavalry Ephraim with it could be cool. Micaiah's not even in the game, so Thani should be fine with its effects and Caeda having Wing Spear would make her a different unit considering she'd a be a lance flier. Hector, however, I could see old Hector with it since old Hector no longer wields Armads. Giving him Brave Axe would make sense since he starts with it in his inventory, but it would kind of be lame since anyone can inherit Brave Axe and unlike Arden, I don't think he'd have any exclusive skills, so why not give him Wolf Beil?

Edited by Kaden

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links, ladies and gentlemen, where we discuss why yaoi pairings work better.

Would you expect anything less from the person with the most wonderful sig in the world?

We don't just stand by yaoi pairings. We stand by yuri too! Would you give shy little Florina over to a hulking beast like Hector? She'd be so afraid on the wedding night, the pain put upon her fragile constitution as Hector leans forward and rests his head upon her bosom, she wouldn't ever recover from it.

Lyn on the other hand is the one person she is most comfortable with, even more Fiora (certainly more than Farina). Lyn's hands, though callused by her swordplay and archery, are yet the softest in Florina's mind. For Lyn, she takes comfort in knowing that Florina would never reduce her to a mere housewife as she fears the men would.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would you give shy little Florina over to a hulking beast like Hector?

I’ve never allowed such a thought to even emerge in my mind. Hector×Florina is gross. Lyn/Florina is the way to go for both of them.

Edited by Vaximillian

I appreciate the unpredictability of this topic more than anything else. It's a beautiful thing. Perhaps not as beautiful as Eliwood and Hector's love or Florina and Lyn's for that matter, but beautiful nonetheless.

All of this needs to be one big fanfic. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yaoi is kawaii. Reinhardt/Seth/Summoner is one of the most powerful pairings triplings ever.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would you expect anything less from the person with the most wonderful sig in the world?

Thank you. Credit goes to @Lord_Grima. This is art at its finest.

Got a Rein from the new banner. Another Nephenee is tempting. Wrath would be nice for a few different people, but...gah. Gotta' save. I mean I'm still on the fence about the 8% banner. Micaiah could come in a month or two, and I wanna' be prepared...

Bait banner got four orbs out of me and in return I got a +spd/-res Olwen! That's pretty neat, I hadn't gotten her yet.

Edit: This isn't the pull topic oops. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

Bait banner got four orbs out of me and in return I got a +spd/-res Olwen! That's pretty neat, I hadn't gotten her yet.

Oh nice, that's the same Olwen that I have! Her raw offenses aren't as good as Reinhardt's, but with LaD and Desperation, she can do amazing with quad hits. Letting her one-round Lunatic 7 Hector on the Mini TT was a particularly fun experience.

Tried my luck for Nephenee in the Powerful Specials banner. Was presented with 2 blues on the first summoning session and got a 3* +Res/-Spd Sully and a pitybreaker 5* +Atk/-Res Clair.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Was presented with 2 blues on the first summoning session and got a 3* +Res/-Spd Sully and a pitybreaker 5* +Atk/-Res Clair.

How can this Clair be a pitybreaker if there wasn’t any pity to break to begin with?

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh nice, that's the same Olwen that I have! Her raw offenses aren't as good as Reinhardt's, but with LaD and Desperation, she can do amazing with quad hits. Letting her one-round Lunatic 7 Hector on the Mini TT was a particularly fun experience.

I think I'll definitely be giving her LaD, it'll be fun watching her blow things up, especially with cav buffs. I didn't think Ursula would be getting the bench so soon but here I am. RIP Ursula's career; I never got around to getting her Blárblade. Maybe one day I still will. 

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I think I'll definitely be giving her LaD, it'll be fun watching her blow things up, especially with cav buffs. I didn't think Ursula would be getting the bench so soon but here I am. RIP Ursula's career; I never got around to getting her Blárblade. Maybe one day I still will. 

¿Porque no los dos?

I mean, build both Olwen and Ursula. Both are cool, and they play in different ways. Go for both! ?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

¿Porque no los dos?

I mean, build both Olwen and Ursula. Both are cool, and they play in different ways. Go for both! ?

Ah I'm posting distracted, Ursula is benched from my main horse team. I'll build her the rest of the way eventually, she's just been pushed a bit further down the wait list :V

10 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Yeah, my own Ursula never even got the chance to be 5-star before Olwen showed up. I'd still like to build her up someday, but having Olwen makes it a little hard to be motivated to work on Ursula, haha.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, my own Ursula never even got the chance to be 5-star before Olwen showed up. I'd still like to build her up someday, but having Olwen makes it a little hard to be motivated to work on Ursula, haha.

f6Ftsm7.png

Here’s my Ursula. (QP is temporary measure for the arena)

I’ve built her long ago when I actually managed to save 40k for the first time.

I like her actually existing Res.