Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lilina most definitely does not replace Lugh. She will be severely underleveled by the time you get her and her Spd, which is Lugh’s most important lead over Lilina, will never be up to par.

Having played FE6 several times with each of the three mages on HM, Lilina is the most overrated and the weakest mage overall. Lugh compensates for his low Atk with his Spd and using a weapon that targets Res. Hugh, while having a really dumb recruitment is well-balanced and is the actual substitute mage for mid-late game if you did not raise one. Lilina does nothing but miss because of her nonexistent Skl, as well as starting with a Thunder tome, and she just gets doubled and dies. Aircalibur can’t fix that problem unless you actually went through all that trouble to raise her up to that point. Because reasons.

That being said there are some low-turn strats where Lilina’s levels get RNG-abused to use Bolting at certain points. That doesn’t really change how she plays in a casual, semi-efficent playthrough though.

Okay

But

As someone who has played FE6 1.5 times

Lilina is way cuter than Lugh

So

I don't think Lugh can really stand up to her at all

Also, on a legit note, does Lilina actually have bad Skill? She was my primary mage in my 1.5 playthroughs (still need to beat that second one), and she normally hits 80%-90% accuracy with a Thunder tome. After she catches up in levels, of course; she takes a bit more work when training, but that's what the side chapter immediately after her is for. Her Speed is definitely poor though, I cannot argue that.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I need to watch Scarface one day, until then I don’t get that particular reference either.

Immaculate and Wisdom stand for Maria and Minerva for obvious reasons.

The clerics being Boxed Lunches is the most hilarious and the most precise thing I’ve read for a long while.

A fork is what you stick into your food, if you get what I mean.

You did better than I did then; I didn't even know what Scarface was, haha.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe as a staff bot, but her stats are pretty terrible by that point in the game.

You mean Cecilia? Her join chapter is awful, but her utility from staff and tome rank and Mov is better than...whatever Lilina does.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Okay

But

As someone who has played FE6 1.5 times

So

I don't think Lugh can really stand up to her at all

Lugh is the son of a cinnamon roll, so he is in fact cuter than Lilina. Even his edgy brother is still cuter than her. No bias whatsoever.

Also, on a legit note, does Lilina actually have bad Skill? She was my primary mage in my 1.5 playthroughs (still need to beat that second one), and she normally hits 80%-90% accuracy with a Thunder tome. After she catches up in levels, of course; she takes a bit more work when training, but that's what the side chapter immediately after her is for. Her Speed is definitely poor though, I cannot argue that.

5 Skl base with 20% growth is terrible. She has support options to prop up her accuracy, but her Hit without switching tomes is just awful. She has 85 Hit before factoring enemy avoid at base, so grinding her in Ch. 8x is going to be hell not a surprise given the map’s terrain eh when most of the enemies there can double her for a quick hook while she is 2HKO’ing at best with a less than ideal hitrate.

I’ll lighten up and say my evaluation of her is based on playing FE6 HM, which is a lot less forgiving than playing on Normal, especially with how borked the hitrates are in that game.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

You mean Cecilia? Her join chapter is awful, but her utility from staff and tome rank and Mov is better than...whatever Lilina does.

Yeah, I meant Cecilia.  I guess if Clarine dies, she would be a decent replacement.

I used Lilina, just because I like her, but I was pretty lucky with her getting RNG blessed in both of my playthroughs.

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

First of all: I'm sure this is in reference to something, but it just ended up making me hungry the more I read it.

It isn't a reference to anything. I just chose to avoid using spoilers by using code names, all of which relate somehow to the uncoded meaning. (This is late, but I spend forever on my posts):

Spoiler

Scarface- Michalis gets a scar on his face in FE12, until Minerva saves him. The movie name was just there for ease of use, I'm not actually referencing it.

Immaculate- Maria is a version of the name Mary. The Holy Virgin Mary is of the Immaculate Conception. Also refers to Maria's purity of character.

Wisdom- Minerva was the Roman goddess of wisdom.

Boxed Lunch- If you don't recruit the four maidens in the final chapter and kill Medeus, he eats them one by one to restore his HP.

Forks- You stick one into food and penetrate it to eat. Much as a male lover penetrates their female beloved.

Side Dishes- Minerva and Michalis are related to a Boxed Lunch- Maria. Marth and Matthis are also Side Dishes. And none of them want to penetrate the Lunches, so they aren't utensils. And since Maria is a food item, that'd make Minerva and Michalis food too, hence the name Side Dishes- related to but not a part of the main course that is the Boxed Lunch itself.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m almost the embodiment of casual though, and will invest in Lilina and Cecilia out of sheer favouritism.

On average, Lilina hits 30 Magic by 20/11. So she can wreck things pretty easy if she hits.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hugh, while having a really dumb recruitment is well-balanced and is the actual substitute mage for mid-late game if you did not raise one.

Again, I've never played FE6, but I've taken to Hugh. Partly out of pity, partly out of character, partly out of stats. I like his balanced Mag + Spd combo being between Lugh and Lilina, and his unique durability lead. Sadly the durability doesn't come fast enough and you can buy Robes in his joining chapter.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well a 20/10 Lugh has 21 Skl and 15 Luck, a 20/10 Lilina has 13-14 Skl and 18 Luck. A Fire tome is 95 hit, a Thunder 80, Elfire 75, an Aircalibur 85. Let us assume the average foe has 30 Avoid. You run the numbers- I don't want to do them.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

This:

Spoiler

lilina.pngLilina

Vs.

This:

Spoiler

lugh.pngLugh

I tend to be shotacon, but I can see grounds for liking Lilina more. She is the Caeda of FE6, with a good deal of attention on her, and gets a cargo ship of supports- as many as Roy!

This said, I think I'd lean towards using Lugh barring stat screwage.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

5 Skl base with 20% growth is terrible. She has support options to prop up her accuracy, but her Hit without switching tomes is just awful. She has 75 Hit before factoring enemy avoid at base, so grinding her in Ch. 8x is going to be hell not a surprise given the map’s terrain eh when most of the enemies there can double her for a quick hook while she is 2HKO’ing at best with a less than ideal hitrate.

I’ll lighten up and say my evaluation of her is based on playing FE6 HM, which is a lot less forgiving than playing on Normal, especially with how borked the hitrates are in that game.

Huh. I probably just got a lucky Lilina then, because that definitely sounds awful.

I'd say that Normal is probably a safe assumption for most casual players. Especially for first-time players, because Hard has to be unlocked first, if I remember right. But even Gwendolyn is usable on Normal, so arguing unit viability might be kinda pointless for Normal regardless. And this is why Lilina/Gwendy is the only Support option for both of them that makes sense, because of their shared questionable usefulness. Hm, maybe I should start that Support in Heroes...

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It isn't a reference to anything. I just chose to avoid using spoilers by using code names, all of which relate somehow to the uncoded meaning. (This is late, but I spend forever on my posts):

Hide contents

Scarface- Michalis gets a scar on his face in FE12, until Minerva saves him. The movie name was just there for ease of use, I'm not actually referencing it.

Immaculate- Maria is a version of the name Mary. The Holy Virgin Mary is of the Immaculate Conception. Also refers to Maria's purity of character.

Wisdom- Minerva was the Roman goddess of wisdom.

Boxed Lunch- If you don't recruit the four maidens in the final chapter and kill Medeus, he eats them one by one to restore his HP.

Forks- You stick one into food and penetrate it to eat. Much as a male lover penetrates their female beloved.

Side Dishes- Minerva and Michalis are related to a Boxed Lunch- Maria. Marth and Matthis are also Side Dishes. And none of them want to penetrate the Lunches, so they aren't utensils. And since Maria is a food item, that'd make Minerva and Michalis food too, hence the name Side Dishes- related to but not a part of the main course that is the Boxed Lunch itself.

Ah, gotcha. I understood who you were talking about for all of them, so I guess the code names served their purpose pretty well in the end.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This:

Hide contents

lilina.pngLilina

Vs.

This:

Hide contents

lugh.pngLugh

I tend to be shotacon, but I can see grounds for liking Lilina more. She is the Caeda of FE6, with a good deal of attention on her, and gets a cargo ship of supports- as many as Roy!

This said, I think I'd lean towards using Lugh barring stat screwage.

Plus, Lilina's appearance is Heroes adds to her cuteness. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people who loves her voice, and thinks it suits her perfectly. I'll give Lugh one thing though: at least he's not his brother. That alone makes him at least somewhat likable to me.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 hour ago, Coolmanio said:

What about P!Azura, Shigure, Olivia, Inigo?

Like I said: I have every dancer currently released other than either form of Azura.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Like I said: I have every dancer currently released other than either form of Azura.

Well you can't say you have every dancer then

I left performing Arts with 4.5%

How did you do it

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people who loves her voice, and thinks it suits her perfectly. 

What are you, my long-lost non-evil twin? I’m a huge fan of Julie Maddalena’s delivery as both Sharena and Lilina. I haven’t used Florina much so can’t tell.

Lugh is a banana boy. Bananas are cool.

Just now, Arcanite said:

How did you do it

I didn't get PA Olivia until I hit 5.5%.

I decided not to try for any of the others after that.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

How did you do it

I just got really lucky with that banner.

There have been a few banners that were really bad for me.

I’d say that Normal is probably a safe assumption for most casual players. Especially for first-time players, because Hard has to be unlocked first, if I remember right. But even Gwendolyn is usable on Normal, so arguing unit viability might be kinda pointless for Normal regardless.

You can get away with pretty much anything on Normal, so no it isn’t worth discussing individual units in that case.

But Hard Mode. Hard Mode. Especially for people who are new to FE6, you want to make choices that will make the game easier, not harder, especially in the early game because of how brutal it can be. It pans out towards the end though at least.

And this is why Lilina/Gwendy is the only Support option for both of them that makes sense, because of their shared questionable usefulness. Hm, maybe I should start that Support in Heroes...

I paired Lilina with Gonzales :^)

Lilina’s VA sounds way too squeaky even for Lilina’s age though. Maybe I was just expecting a softer voice for someone so refined as a noble.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What are you, my long-lost non-evil twin? I’m a huge fan of Julie Maddalena’s delivery as both Sharena and Lilina. I haven’t used Florina much so can’t tell.

The fact that you had to specify "non-evil" makes me scared of how many long-lost evil twins you have... I didn't care for her at first, but the more I used them, the more her voice acting started to grow on me. Florina is pretty good too, although I admittedly don't use her or Sharena as much as Lilina.

Lugh looks like a box of crayons. I just can't take him seriously with that color scheme.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You can get away with pretty much anything on Normal, so no it isn’t worth discussing individual units in that case.

But Hard Mode. Hard Mode. Especially for people who are new to FE6, you want to make choices that will make the game easier, not harder, especially in the early game because of how brutal it can be. It pans out towards the end though at least.

I paired Lilina with Gonzales :^)

Lilina’s VA sounds way too squeaky even for Lilina’s age though. Maybe I was just expecting a softer voice for someone so refined as a noble.

Yeah, exactly. Hard Mode is definitely more worthy of discussion, since unit choice actually matters there. Not that I have much experience with Hard Mode myself, but I know enough about it to know that Normal is far from comparing to it, especially early on.

I paired Lilina with Roy because I'm a simple guy. But with the wealth of options available in Heroes, I'd rather go for a more... unique choice, if I can.

It's not really the pitch that I like so much as the delivery. She sounds exactly like a dorky mage student should sound, and it's adorable to me.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Lugh looks like a box of crayons. I just can't take him seriously with that color scheme.

You have no found memories of crayons? Or bananas?

And bold bright primary colors is a cornerstone of FE6 character design. Another is cartoonish appearances, although not all designs are immature/unserious, many are both or one of those things within the aesthetic.

And honestly, FE6 has worse official art:

Spoiler

trec.png

bors.png

sin.pngmardoc.png

Lugh pops, but I think he pops rightly. So does Cecilia. He looks kiddy/cartoonish, but also does that rightly.

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Voting Gauntlet consisting of fruit and maybe vegetables? If Lugh = Banana, Takumi = Pineapple, Maria = Tomato, then what else do we have to work with? You've called Ike a Blueberry before, but do we want him in another Gauntlet (unless you're certain he'll be Buckled, Grunted, Cobbled, Jammed, Tarted, Pied and thrown atop a waffle/pancake)? We have other blues we work with. And let us leave the seafood off the table for now.

35 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I paired Lilina with Roy because I'm a simple guy. But with the wealth of options available in Heroes, I'd rather go for a more... unique choice, if I can.

How about Zephiel? Murderer and daughter of the murdered. Like BKxMist and RobinxLucina and ArvisxJulia. Not unique enough? Then try LilinaxCaeda. Or Lilina xEliwood or  Lyn or Florina? Fae would be cute.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You have no found memories of crayons? Or bananas?

And bold bright primary colors is a cornerstone of FE6 character design. Another is cartoonish appearances, although not all designs are immature/unserious, many are both or one of those things within the aesthetic.

And honestly, FE6 has worse official art:

Hide contents

trec.png

bors.png

sin.pngmardoc.png

Lugh pops, but I think he pops rightly. So does Cecilia. He looks kiddy/cartoonish, but also does that rightly.

How about Zephiel? Murderer and daughter of the murdered. Like BKxMist and RobinxLucina and ArvisxJulia. Not unique enough? Then try LilinaxCaeda. Or Lilina xEliwood or  Lyn or Florina? Fae would be cute.

On the contrary, I have more fond memories of crayons and crayon-related memorabilia than most people really should. That doesn't mean that I want fictional characters to look like a box of them. It's much harder to take a character like that seriously, in my opinion.

I think I like Cecilia's color scheme more just because it's green and purple, and those are two of my favorite colors, especially combined. Also her character is more serious in general, while I tend to not like young characters like Lugh. There's a reason why I was kinda disappointed to see Palom and Porom come back safely in FFIV.

I've actually been thinking about RavenxLilina, purely because of their voice actors. Raven's VA voices the main character in Ys for the more recent games, and Lilina's VA voices the main female lead in the English dub of the OVA adaption of the second Ys game. And as for why Raven and Lilina specifically: the main character in Ys has red hair, and the female lead of the second game is named Lilia, which is so very close to Lilina. Unfortunately, um... I've never pulled Raven once. So, this is all still hypothetical for now.

I really need to stop having characters adjacent to each other when there's an enemy dancer. My counter will block the opponent's first attack but then the dancer dances said unit to attack my unit who is adjacent to the counter -__-

Arena Assault can be such a chore. I really don't care about deathless runs at this point.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Arena Assault can be such a chore. I really don't care about deathless runs at this point.

I don’t care about arena assault at all. I only do beginner 7 on Tuesday and three daily battles the rest of the week.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t care about arena assault at all. I only do beginner 7 on Tuesday and three daily battles the rest of the week.

How much do you get for a Beginner run?

I have a feeling those new weapon forging items would be added into AA though. Hopefully just for normal Arena.

Also, this is just super wishful thinking but I heard other gacha games like Granblue have chances of guaranteed summons. I wish Heroes had something like that, maybe a guaranteed to get someone you want after a banner ends (nature can still be random) or after a period of time (1 month) or something. At the very least it helps alleviate the frustrations of trying to summon units who share a colour with another.

Just now, mcsilas said:

How much do you get for a Beginner run?

I have a feeling those new weapon forging items would be added into AA though. Hopefully just for normal Arena.

Around 4600–4610, usually enough for 15 coins per week.

Yeah, they will be added to assault, no doubts here.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Well now you have more reason to pull Blue.

She's only available to summon during legendary Hero events if you ever want a boon/bane for her.

Indeed, I actually would be happy to have merges and an ideal boon/bane for her now. Which really just leaves Xander as the only character I'm not crazy about getting, although I wouldn't be too upset if I get one or two of him. The limited availability seems a little weird, but I suppose it's not a huge issue, especially since everyone gets one of her for free anyway.

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

Until next year...

It says she'll be available again at the end of December, so still technically this year.

At least we get one of her for free anyway.

And finally, another DC lance user. Especially for those who missed Camus, Fjorm would be good.