Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What are the chances of the Master weapons being introduced in a Jugdral banner as evolved versions of Brave weapons? Finn's probably going to get Finn's Lance as a a unique Brave Lance or something, but I was wondering what they could do with the Master weapons. They could make them evolved Brave weapons allowing Brave weapons to be upgraded, but not to a degree that regular weapons could be. Probably not ideal and it could set up for refined Master weapons being even more powerful than refined Brave weapons.

I really dont think brave weapons need an upgrade, they are allready very powerfull on the units that can put them to good use. Brave bows definitly dont need an upgrade. I'd rather IS go further with the plan to further introduce personal weapons to every unit.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I understand the idea behind what you're saying but I simply can't see the reliability. Before refinement was a thing I was on the fence about making a Blade Tome Lilina purely on the principle that if she doesn't kill in that one hit she's done.

But... The same principle applies to tharja, if she doesn't double she has immediately failed her job and on top of that if desperation is not up she probably dies to a counter. Also in terms of reliability Lilina or Sanaki have their B slot free so they can run sword breaker giving them a guaranteed win against swords. I would know this cause I run a +spd, blade Katarina (the superior version of tharja) and she is not exactly the speediest thing ever and loses fights to fast swords or slow swords like zelgius who just one shot her back 

Speaking of brave weapons, I'd like to see some more brave tomes. The only one we have so far is Dire Thunder and it's the only reason Reinhardt is so good. So maybe if we saw some more, we'd see more than just Rein being that good in the mage department. Some mages are still good, but he's still the most dominant.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of brave weapons, I'd like to see some more brave tomes. The only one we have so far is Dire Thunder and it's the only reason Reinhardt is so good. So maybe if we saw some more, we'd see more than just Rein being that good in the mage department. Some mages are still good, but he's still the most dominant.

I'll only agree to this if you give them like 3 MT at max. Brave Weapons by themselves are already a bit too good and being able to hit the generally weaker Res stat is going to throw this game into chaos, like it'll make stuff like Deflect Magic almost mandatory to survive.

With that stuff Lilina, Delthea and other high Atk mages will go up into S+++ tier which sounds amusing but the very thought makes me shudder. Not to mention that mages in general are pretty fast so they'll have almost no issues quadding everything, or to make it more scary imagine this: Bold Fighter W!Tharja/H!Henry/LA!Lyn with said brave tomes...oh god no!

Even if said new weapons were to be Legendary so no inheritance shenanigans it would be a bit too imbalanced. Reinhardt alone was enough reason to create TA greens (be it DC+Emerald axe or TA Raven/Owl/whatever for mages) because he is THAT broken. Then again a huge part of that is because he has 35 Atk which is pretty high, if the new mages had Olwen tier Atk then it would be better imo but then it would end up in the "0x4 change to a Blade tome" bringing us back to square 1.

13 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I'll only agree to this if you give them like 3 MT at max. Brave Weapons by themselves are already a bit too good and being able to hit the generally weaker Res stat is going to throw this game into chaos, like it'll make stuff like Deflect Magic almost mandatory to survive.

With that stuff Lilina, Delthea and other high Atk mages will go up into S+++ tier which sounds amusing but the very thought makes me shudder. Not to mention that mages in general are pretty fast so they'll have almost no issues quadding everything, or to make it more scary imagine this: Bold Fighter W!Tharja/H!Henry/LA!Lyn with said brave tomes...oh god no!

Even if said new weapons were to be Legendary so no inheritance shenanigans it would be a bit too imbalanced. Reinhardt alone was enough reason to create TA greens (be it DC+Emerald axe or TA Raven/Owl/whatever for mages) because he is THAT broken. Then again a huge part of that is because he has 35 Atk which is pretty high, if the new mages had Olwen tier Atk then it would be better imo but then it would end up in the "0x4 change to a Blade tome" bringing us back to square 1.

Really? I haven't seen many fast mages. Maybe I just haven't pulled them yet. Also, mages like Delthea and Lilina have their really bad Def to balance them out. But also, we could just make more uninheritable brave tomes on some later added units.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This happens to be why Sanaki and Lilina are currently ranked above Tharja, Katarina, and Morgan on the Gamepedia tier list and why I don't think Lilina will be getting a new weapon anytime soon. @Zeo

download.png.f91cc234c3b2e0a0ae5a7c89530d8298.png

Uhhhhh, you were saying?

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm glad you approve of the nature choice. I plan to stick with his default weapon, but I figured the superboon in attack is too good to pass up regardless of role. As for the Hero Merit, he's just one of the units I grinded out from auto battling developer maps. Speaking of, I'm hoping for another batch of those soon. My stamina pot count is only climbing higher.

Rogue Dagger is the best weapon for him. Even if I had a Slaying or Wo Dao+ dagger they'd be better suited to someone else. He's the only unit that has just the right amount of speed and bulk across the board to take advantage of Rogue Dagger+ buffs, combine that with Seals or Smokes and he becomes a serious cockroach. 

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

But... The same principle applies to tharja, if she doesn't double she has immediately failed her job and on top of that if desperation is not up she probably dies to a counter. Also in terms of reliability Lilina or Sanaki have their B slot free so they can run sword breaker giving them a guaranteed win against swords. I would know this cause I run a +spd, blade Katarina (the superior version of tharja) and she is not exactly the speediest thing ever and loses fights to fast swords or slow swords like zelgius who just one shot her back 

Bold: Um... no? Katarina and Tharja have identical offenses. All Katarina has on Tharja is native Swift Sparrow. If anything, Tharja's physical bulk eclipses Katarina's as on average she has 4 more HP and 8 more DEF. A lot of those sword units that will oneshot her probably wouldn't oneshot Tharja. Katarina has far more magical bulk, but it's not the mages that are generally the issue for blade tomes. Tharja is probably superior to Katarina as a blade tome mage if we're being perfectly honest. Tharja can actually take the one hit to get into Desperation.

As far as speed goes, Tharja and Katarina are generally going to reach a ceiling of around 40-43 SPD depending on their build and A skill, it can raise 4-9 points depending on supports, hones, drives, etc which is plenty. The fastest swords with refinements may avoid doubles but that still leaves the vast majority getting doubled, and that vast majority includes units that need 2 hits to die, one of which Lilina cannot provide which was my point. Lilina actually has similar physical bulk to Katarina, which means swordbreaker is potentially useless when all a strong DC user takes is one hit to kill her when she's a couple of HP short of one-shotting him. A -DEF or -HP Lilina has 51 physical bulk. Which means all a swordie needs is 51 ATK to oneshot her on the counter, which pretty much every top tier sword with DC you can imagine can very easily get.

Edited by Zeo

52 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Don’t know where that’s from, but it isn’t the tier list he was talking about:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena_Tier_List

Ah, I see. I mistook Gamepedia for Gamepress. I don’t visit the former much anymore, mostly because it’s harder to take them seriously nowadays, especially after changing the tier list drastically for Defense Ploy of all things. 

I'd bet the update is taking a while because they're scrambling to get out those apology orbs. I'm still hurt!

On 3/20/2018 at 12:23 AM, Glennstavos said:

The quest for defeating five foes with a green tome ally has a typo, only saying "use a green ally to defeat foes".

Misleading! Apology orbs when?

Edited by Glennstavos

It does seem a bit too good to be true, like the original Hardin stats that were published. On the other hand, Xanek is the guy who does the correct stats usually I think? I suppose it'd be easy for anyone to put a fake Xanek watermark on their work I guess.

As a dirty blade-abusing fiend though, I want that Catria so, so much.

Spoiler

I was about to say, Sharena’s stats looked real sad. But I guess if they’re really fake then there’s still hope for the princess.

It does seem a bit too good to be true, like the original Hardin stats that were published. On the other hand, Xanek is the guy who does the correct stats usually I think? I suppose it'd be easy for anyone to put a fake Xanek watermark on their work I guess.

As a dirty blade-abusing fiend though, I want that Catria so, so much.