• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yes! Roy finally gets an upgrade, he was my first 5* as well and I will be happy to refine his weapon so I can use him again.  This update means I will finally promote Lilina and Fir since they have been waiting for their turn to be 5*ed.  Poor Lloyd might finally be useful again, I 5*ed him for that mini TT where he was a bonus unit but I have not used him since.  As to the others I don't have them so I can't do them, but it is always fun to have options.

Wow Soleil's stats at 4* with life and death are stellar enough for me not to promote her. Guess Fir is my next 5*

Edited by silveraura25

Maybe I'm underselling Berserk Armads. For a regular Hector with Distant Counter, Wary Fighter, and Glimmer, how would Berserk Armads compare to regular Armads + QR seal?

Boring weapon upgrades since I don’t really use any of those characters. Lilina getting Forblaze probably means that we’ll never get Athos and that kinda upsets me. Dang it all.

I hope this doesn’t mean that Raigh or Sophia could end up with Apocalypse in a future weapon upgrade list. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maybe I'm underselling Berserk Armads. For a regular Hector with Distant Counter, Wary Fighter, and Glimmer, how would Berserk Armads compare to regular Armads + QR seal?

Berserk Armads is definitely an upgrade. Hector is very strong as is of course, But Armads has built in QR2 where as Berserk Armads is a Killer Weapon with built in Wrath. With Berserk Armads+QR seal regular Hector is all but guaranteed a retaliation kill with Glimmer or Moonbow and the existence of the seal frees you up to either do  something like Vantage for horrifying enemy phase capability or Bold Fighter for mixed utility. Hell, you could even give him Wrath as it stacks for the most terrifying specials in the game.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

At neutral weapon triangle with a neutral Hector, you deal 88 damage minus 1.5 times the opponent's Def on your counterattack with Glimmer. With Moonbow, you deal 62 damage minus 0.7 times the opponent's Def.

If you're up against the usual squishy things and most blue things, Berserk Armads will help you land one-hit kills and not need to take the opponent's follow-up hit before you land your kill. Berserk Armads also doesn't require Hector to remain at high HP to function.

But really, just like Valentine Hector, regular Hector would really just love to have Wrath as his B skill (with Quickened Pulse) because that will deal 90 damage minus the opponent's Def with Bonfire, and only armors and bulky red Triangle Adept users have much of a chance to survive that.

The reason Valentine Hector is ranked a full tier over regular Hector on the Gamepedia tier list is entirely because of how stupidly powerful Berserk Armads is. His superior stats are completely overshadowed by how much better his weapon is.

Personally I wish Regular Armads had a normal refine with QR3 + some special effect. Mainly because I like freeing up the seal/bslot. I get tired of dumping QR on literally everything that is enemy phase. But if regular Hector is just going to be Elvector lite maybe that means I can kill my Hector for DC and just use the seasonal one.

23 minutes ago, Tenniel said:

Berserk Armads is definitely an upgrade. Hector is very strong as is of course, But Armads has built in QR2 where as Berserk Armads is a Killer Weapon with built in Wrath. With Berserk Armads+QR seal regular Hector is all but guaranteed a retaliation kill with Glimmer or Moonbow and the existence of the seal frees you up to either do  something like Vantage for horrifying enemy phase capability or Bold Fighter for mixed utility. Hell, you could even give him Wrath as it stacks for the most terrifying specials in the game.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At neutral weapon triangle with a neutral Hector, you deal 88 damage minus 1.5 times the opponent's Def on your counterattack with Glimmer. With Moonbow, you deal 62 damage minus 0.7 times the opponent's Def.

If you're up against the usual squishy things and most blue things, Berserk Armads will help you land one-hit kills and not need to take the opponent's follow-up hit before you land your kill. Berserk Armads also doesn't require Hector to remain at high HP to function.

But really, just like Valentine Hector, regular Hector would really just love to have Wrath as his B skill (with Quickened Pulse) because that will deal 90 damage minus the opponent's Def with Bonfire, and only armors and bulky red Triangle Adept users have much of a chance to survive that.

The reason Valentine Hector is ranked a full tier over regular Hector on the Gamepedia tier list is entirely because of how stupidly powerful Berserk Armads is. His superior stats are completely overshadowed by how much better his weapon is.

I don't have any Wrath or Bold Fighter fodder on hand, but I do already have Vantage on him. I've been preferring to have him use Wary Fighter, but going nuts below 75% HP does sound fun. I'll have to give that a try.

16 minutes ago, Usana said:

Personally I wish Regular Armads had a normal refine with QR3 + some special effect. Mainly because I like freeing up the seal/bslot. I get tired of dumping QR on literally everything that is enemy phase. But if regular Hector is just going to be Elvector lite maybe that means I can kill my Hector for DC and just use the seasonal one.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. Even if this is more effective, it keeps them from being as distinct as if they each specialized on their own takes on Armads.

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Boring weapon upgrades since I don’t really use any of those characters. Lilina getting Forblaze probably means that we’ll never get Athos and that kinda upsets me. Dang it all.

I hope this doesn’t mean that Raigh or Sophia could end up with Apocalypse in a future weapon upgrade list. 

Heroes has been taking liberties with weapons since the very beginning. Michalis has Hauteclere despite never putting his hands on it in the games he appeared in. Caeda has a Wing Sword rather than a spear. Raven has Basilikos when it was in possession of morph Brendan Reed and could have gone to Linus whenever he comes along. Athos can simply get Forblaze at a later date or even settle for Aureola. Doesn’t mean he’s doomed to never appear.

And why not? Because it hurts Niime’s already slim chances of being added a year sooner? Gee what a loss. Sophia and Raigh could use Apocalypse given their very underwhelming spreads, especially Raigh who has nothing going for him while Sophia at least can use raventomes.

47 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Why? You want Brammimond?

I wonder how good the Binding Blade refinement and Forblaze are going to be, if those are underwhelming then I'm going to use my dew on Hector (although I don't know how to feel giving up Omni breaker for Berserk Armads). The others I don't care about in the slightest so yeah.

24 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I wonder how good the Binding Blade refinement and Forblaze are going to be, if those are underwhelming then I'm going to use my dew on Hector (although I don't know how to feel giving up Omni breaker for Berserk Armads). The others I don't care about in the slightest so yeah.

The new weapon of Felicia for example is also very good without refinement. 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The new weapon of Felicia for example is also very good without refinement. 

Soren's too I think (actually his owl refinement is a bit underwhelming considering his stats but it's base effect is pretty neat). Then again Lilina is a nuke so she'll need something pretty awesome to compete with the OHKO Raðrblade.

40 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Why? You want Brammimond?

Brammimond, Canas or Niime. I feel it would be a waste to throw Apocalypse on sub-par units such as the FEH versions of Raigh and Sophia. 

@SilvertheShadowIt certainly lowers his chances. Also, “settling for Aureola””...?

What?

This is ridiculous. Forblaze is his prf tome in FE7. Having that tome given to Lilina already grinds me gears. I know the divine weapons are S Rank weapons in FE6 so I could kinda understand Lilina or any FE6 mage getting it. It’s just Lilina  that I never liked in the first place. Aureola...Lucius and Serra both missed that one so it would fall on Renault, Saul, Elen, Tiena, St. Elimine herself or Yoder. 

44 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

And why not? Because it hurts Niime’s already slim chances of being added a year sooner? Gee what a loss. Sophia and Raigh could use Apocalypse given their very underwhelming spreads, especially Raigh who has nothing going for him while Sophia at least can use raventomes.

Why indeed. I’d rather have Niime or Brammimond use the tome instead. Heck, even Canas would do. Raigh and Sophia...those two are beyond saving in my eyes. 

26 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Brammimond, Canas or Niime. I feel it would be a waste to throw Apocalypse on sub-par units such as the FEH versions of Raigh and Sophia. 

@SilvertheShadowIt certainly lowers his chances. Also, “settling for Aureola””...?

What?

This is ridiculous. Forblaze is his prf tome in FE7. Having that tome given to Lilina already grinds me gears. I know the divine weapons are S Rank weapons in FE6 so I could kinda understand Lilina or any FE6 mage getting it. It’s just Lilina  that I never liked in the first place. Aureola...Lucius and Serra both missed that one so it would fall on Renault, Saul, Elen, Tiena, St. Elimine herself or Yoder. 

Why indeed. I’d rather have Niime or Brammimond use the tome instead. Heck, even Canas would do. Raigh and Sophia...those two are beyond saving in my eyes. 

Nameless Blade, Hauteclare, Awakening Falchions + other Falchions before weapon refinement, Dire Thunder

You're kinda overreacting that Lilina got Forblaze and thinking that he'll never get Forblaze. While I'm also making assumptions, I can at least say there are units in the game that share legendary weapons.

Just because units have bad statspreads doesn't mean they don't deserve a chance to get a new weapon. New weapons are meant to boost a unit's viability. You would deny someone if they're given the chance to prove themselves?

Edited by silveraura25

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Nameless Blade, Hauteclare, Awakening Falchions + other Falchions before weapon refinement, Dire Thunder

You're kinda overreacting that Lilina got Forblaze and thinking that he'll never get Forblaze. While I'm also making assumptions, I can at least say there are units in the game that share legendary weapons.

If anything, I’d be expecting a Forblaze variant considering how they’re doing weapons now. I never said that he’d never get Forblaze: it just lowers his chances now. Having it on Lilina is what I didn’t like. 

Just because units have bad statspreads doesn't mean they don't deserve a chance to get a new weapon. New weapons are meant to boost a unit's viability. 

To me they don't. They already failed to catch my attention the first time. 

You would deny someone if they're given the chance to prove themselves?

Yes. If I never cared about them in the first place, why should I bother? There’s no interest. If that someone wants to “prove themselves”, they should do it to someone who actually cares. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Lilina getting Forblaze probably means that we’ll never get Athos and that kinda upsets me.

There is literally nothing preventing Athos from being added with Forblaze or a variant of it.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I never said that he’d never get Forblaze: it just lowers his chances now.

We got female Grima two banners after male Grima, both using the exact same unique weapon.

Athos's popularity is the only thing that would slow down his implementation. Forblaze being available on another character means nothing.

37 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’d rather have Niime or Brammimond use the tome instead.

Unless the developers are being merciful, Nimue would almost certainly have the veteran modifier and be more beyond saving than any of the other red tomes.

37 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Raigh and Sophia...those two are beyond saving in my eyes.

Raigh is tiered in the same tier as Roy is currently at 6.5. And Roy already has a 16-Mt weapon.

Sophia is tiered at 7.5, which is one tier below the fast Raudhrblade users.

Just because you don't like the characters and haven't used them doesn't mean they are "beyond saving".

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So the VG log-in bonus will be available in the next daily reset. Do VG banners drop at the same time as the log-in bonuses?

Yeah, they do so we should get confirmation about what we already know about this VG tomorrow.

I don't think Lilina getting Forblaze lowers Athos's chances. If they want to introduce Athos, they'll introduce him. If they don't, they won't. It's important to get past the mindset that an un-added weapon will turn out to be a way of forcing in a character who wouldn't otherwise make it in.

---

Looking forward, Yato is the most obvious future refinement candidate, but most other pre-CYL, non-DC/brave legendary weapons that don't yet have refinements are also looking pretty underwhelming at this point compared to the alternatives. In particular, Nidhogg and Dark Excalibur have effects that show up as just half the effect of refined weapons (Wind's Brand and Hauteclere), but there's also one post-CYL weapon with that distinction: Grimoire, which just has the Fujin Yumi refinement effect. Wonder if any of those will get refinements in the next few updates.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is literally nothing preventing Athos from being added with Forblaze or a variant of it.

We’ll have to wait and see for that one since we don’t know the effect yet. I’m more on the side that he’d get a variant instead.

We got female Grima two banners after male Grima, both using the exact same unique weapon.

Lore-wise, they’re the same character so it gets a pass. 

Athos's popularity is the only thing that would slow down his implementation. Forblaze being available on another character means nothing.

As I said, vanilla Forblaze for Athos seems rather unlikely now but I’d like to be wrong on that one.

Unless the developers are being merciful, Nimue would almost certainly have the veteran modifier and be more beyond saving than any of the other red tomes.

We’ll have to wait and see. 

Raigh is tiered in the same tier as Roy is currently at 6.5. And Roy already has a 16-Mt weapon.

Sophia is tiered at 7.5, which is one tier below the fast Raudhrblade users.

I don’t care about the tiers at this point so that is lost on me. 

Just because you don't like the characters and haven't used them doesn't mean they are "beyond saving".

They’re beyond saving in my eyes. Now, if others seek value in them, that’s great for them, I guess. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I wonder what the Nameless Blade will do. Karel, Karla, and I guess Fir are associated with the Wo Dao, so Nameless Blade having +10 damage when Special triggers makes sense and -1 special cooldown works too as a way to combine Fir and Karel's default weapons together and reference their connection together. If that happens, they might as well make it Berserk Armads, -1 special cooldown and Wrath 3, at least as its unique refinement. They could slap Flashing Blade on it, maybe a -blade tome effect, Niu's effect, or something else. Well, whatever, we'll see. Anyway, I looked up Nameless Blade to see if it was actually in any of the Fire Emblem games and no, it was not. Nameless Blade, however, is a weapon in NieR and Dragon Age: Inquisition. NieR's Nameless Blade in particular has a description since I think all of the weapons in Drakengard and NieR have stories to them. The last section for Nameless Blade reminded me of Karel (descending into madness) and a bit of Fir if she was way over her head:

Spoiler

SLASH SLASH SLASH SLASH
The sound of flesh being slashed apart on the battlefield.
The sound of killing, killing whoever. The sound of killing people.
Can anyone help me? It hurts. It hurts. Help me, mother.
SLASH SLASH SLASH SLASH...

Roy getting a Steady/Warding Breath effect on Binding Blade would be pretty awesome. Watch it get +6 Def/Res when attacked as its regular upgrade and Recover Ring as its unique refinement instead. He'd be pretty damn bulky with those effects, but it's not as ideal as having a Breath effect speeding up his special charge. Neutral Roy would have 78 total or 55x2 physical bulk and 81 total or 58x2 magical bulk and be able to recover 10 HP per turn.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Lore-wise, they’re the same character so it gets a pass. 

Them being the same character actually adds to my point. One would think releasing the same character twice in a short time span would be less likely than releasing the same weapon twice in a short time span.

Not to mention we now have Fir and Karel, two different characters, being implemented with the same weapon coming from two different weapon bases.

The rest of your responses more or less are "Well, I don't think so and you can't convince me otherwise", which adds nothing of value to the discussion and is simply fueling the flames, which is one step away from actively trolling. If you're not going to come into a discussion least willing to listen, you may as well be shown the door out because no one will lose anything from the lack of your presence, and we can gain from not having to clutter the pages with rebuttals against a wooden post with an attached broken record.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, I looked up Nameless Blade to see if it was actually in any of the Fire Emblem games and no, it was not.

The weapon itself is brand new to the series. Its name in Japanese actually translates to "unsigned clan sword". Unlike most famed Western swords, which receive "proper" names similarly to, say, pets, most famed Japanese swords are referred to by the signature on the sword's tang, indicating the swordsmith who forged the weapon. The Nameless Blade would therefore be a sword passed down among their clan bearing no signature of the blade's smith.