Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Back on the topic of Seth, Titania and Mathilda, I’ve found much easier to level up Seth than Mathilda. 

Also, training 4*’s, I’ve found a good candidate for the Lunge + Obstruct sheningans for Arena Defense: Roderick. Maybe I can make a defense team with him and B!Lyn + Reinhardt (he’ll be 5* in a few hours e.e)

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Back on the topic of Seth, Titania and Mathilda, I’ve found much easier to level up Seth than Mathilda. 

Also, training 4*’s, I’ve found a good candidate for the Lunge + Obstruct sheningans for Arena Defense: Roderick. Maybe I can make a defense team with him and B!Lyn + Reinhardt (he’ll be 5* in a few hours e.e)

Well, Seth already arrives with a weapon to kill/resist his wanted opponents (Green Units)... and he's more bulky.

Edited by Troykv

Seth may not be amazing, but he's good for AA, like the other gem weapon users. I use him and Stahl a lot against the greenies (usually Ike or Hector), while Titania is incredibly useful against the Nowis of the world. 

The only three I ever struggled to level were Jagen, Mathilda and Clair -.- 

Got 47 orbs and had considered pulling just a little more, but instead I stopped to ponder who would be on the next Legendary banner and whether I'd be better off saving til then. Speculation go!

• Legendary Ike (confirmed)
  • Brave Roy (since we got Brave Lucina and Lyn together)
  • Winter Tharja (unless they put in both Henry and Inigo for greens, in which case I'd say Tome Eirika)
  • Legendary Ephraim (confirmed)
  • Shigure (1 of 4 seasonals, only blue left before Winter banner)
  • Michaiah (recent 5* exclusive, and following up from RD banner)
  • New Green Legendary (effectively confirmed by Gunnthra not returning-- I suspect Veronica)
  • Brave Ike (to match Brave Roy, though is somewhat less likely due to the glut of green seasonals)
  • Halloween Henry or Inigo (though I could see them putting in both in lieu of Brave Ike)
  • Legendary Robin (confirmed)
  • Halloween Jakob (only remaining seasonal colorless before NY Takumi)
  • Mist (only remaining non-seasonal colorless, otherwise they'd have to put in a repeat or NY Takumi)

Assuming they keep to the trends, we're assured 4 seasonals, which would definitely include Jakob, very likely Shigure, at least one of Henry or Inigo, and if we don't get both, then it leaves only room for Winter Tharja or Robin.

18 minutes ago, Johann said:

Got 47 orbs and had considered pulling just a little more, but instead I stopped to ponder who would be on the next Legendary banner and whether I'd be better off saving til then. Speculation go!

• Legendary Ike (confirmed)
  • Brave Roy (since we got Brave Lucina and Lyn together)
  • Winter Tharja (unless they put in both Henry and Inigo for greens, in which case I'd say Tome Eirika)
  • Legendary Ephraim (confirmed)
  • Shigure (1 of 4 seasonals, only blue left before Winter banner)
  • Michaiah (recent 5* exclusive, and following up from RD banner)
  • New Green Legendary (effectively confirmed by Gunnthra not returning-- I suspect Veronica)
  • Brave Ike (to match Brave Roy, though is somewhat less likely due to the glut of green seasonals)
  • Halloween Henry or Inigo (though I could see them putting in both in lieu of Brave Ike)
  • Legendary Robin (confirmed)
  • Halloween Jakob (only remaining seasonal colorless before NY Takumi)
  • Mist (only remaining non-seasonal colorless, otherwise they'd have to put in a repeat or NY Takumi)

Assuming they keep to the trends, we're assured 4 seasonals, which would definitely include Jakob, very likely Shigure, at least one of Henry or Inigo, and if we don't get both, then it leaves only room for Winter Tharja or Robin.

How  do you know that legendary Ike confirmed for the next seasonal banners?

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

How  do you know that legendary Ike confirmed for the next seasonal banners?

The in-game notification for the current banner says so:

• Ike: Vanguard Legend - early May
  • Fjorm: Princess of Ice - late May
  • Gunnthra: Voice of Dreams - late May
  • Robin: Fell Vessel - early May

1 minute ago, Johann said:

The in-game notification for the current banner says so:

• Ike: Vanguard Legend - early May
  • Fjorm: Princess of Ice - late May
  • Gunnthra: Voice of Dreams - late May
  • Robin: Fell Vessel - early May

Oh. Thanks.

@Johann That is why I skipped this legendary banner and am waiting for the next one, I need H!Jakob in my armor team.  I am still salty about not getting him when he came out, I even have SI fodder saved just for him.  Watching the orbs pile up is rather fun and I am hoping it is worth the wait.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

@Johann That is why I skipped this legendary banner and am waiting for the next one, I need H!Jakob in my armor team.  I am still salty about not getting him when he came out, I even have SI fodder saved just for him.  Watching the orbs pile up is rather fun and I am hoping it is worth the wait.

Yeah, main reason I'm glad I stopped when I did is that this current banner has too many characters I don't want (particularly seasonals), whereas the next one is likely to have more that I do care about or don't have. Managed to save up 415 orbs for this past one, hopefully I'll be able to get somewhere near that amount, though things like new modes (Blessed Gardens, etc) really helped.

I was checking my barracks and I'm just starting to notice that I have a ton of super good units that I barely use because Flier/Horse Emblem clears everything in minutes...

The others deserve some love too, maybe I'll start HM grinding them during the next tempest. Hopefully I won't get tired of grinding as quickly.

17 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I was checking my barracks and I'm just starting to notice that I have a ton of super good units that I barely use because Flier/Horse Emblem clears everything in minutes...

The others deserve some love too, maybe I'll start HM grinding them during the next tempest. Hopefully I won't get tired of grinding as quickly.

I'm much the same these days, I haven't properly built any of my units that I've gotten lately (and by lately I mean this year) no matter how good they are, because the older ones do the job just fine. These days I just find myself levelling the new units to 40 via the training maps, then leaving them there with no SI. Hell, most of them haven't even gotten the SP to learn their default kit. Part of this is because my enthusiasm for playing the game has been pretty low lately, I'm just in it for the rush from summoning.

Actually, looking back at all the 5-star units I've gotten this year, the only ones I've properly built are Horse Lilina and Airzura. I suppose Horses Chrom and Ephraim could count as well but that's because all I needed to give them for a functional full kit is Reposition. Poor Zelgius who I got during his launch banner can't even afford Black Luna yet (as I took him to do the Narcian armour quest today and fluked a win, no thanks to him).

Edited by Humanoid

I feel obligated to build any remotely useful 5* I get, unless they're reserved as fodder. This holds true even if I have that niche covered by another unit. I won't spend premium SI on said units I have no personal attachment to though. This probably explains why I never have enough fury fodder.

Legendary fodder banner
Felicia, L'arachel, Nino, Cain

And my free summon is... another Setsuna as my 4th free summon

Edited by silveraura25

Drat, I was hoping for my first L'arachel with that free summon but Abel showed up in her place. I've got eight of him on standby. The one I have waiting for a promotion is +Atk/-HP, but I'm holding out for the +Atk/-Res. Not concerned with firesweep build since the brave lance is free for him and Rody, Peri, and Oscar are all slightly superior wielders of that weapon.

41 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The first time I’ve seen something as deplorable:
Screenshot_20180403-142329.png

Fifty bloody speed.

I'll do my best. Tehehee

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The first time I’ve seen something as deplorable:
Screenshot_20180403-142329.png

Fifty bloody speed.

And that is why I really hate Nino these days. 

At least Green Tomebreaker is easy to get, so building Nino counters in AA isn't too hard. Valentine's Lyn is my bane, and Blue Tomebreaker is the hardest breaker of all to get. Ugh.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

At least Green Tomebreaker is easy to get, so building Nino counters in AA isn't too hard. Valentine's Lyn is my bane, and Blue Tomebreaker is the hardest breaker of all to get. Ugh.

Her attack is pitiful so using a green res tank can fix your problems

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Her attack is pitiful so using a green res tank can fix your problems

Two less atk and same speed, but with access to Hone Armor which more than cancels out the deficit. There's also the small matter of having 8 more res, and 8 more def (and 4 more HP). Sure a green res tank will easily survive, but they won't kill her without a breaker or QR, and if there's a WoM BK or Olivia around...

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Two less atk and same speed, but with access to Hone Armor which more than cancels out the deficit. There's also the small matter of having 8 more res, and 8 more def (and 4 more HP). Sure a green res tank will easily survive, but they won't kill her without a breaker or QR, and if there's a WoM BK or Olivia around...

Iceberg QR? Panic Ploy?

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Iceberg QR? Panic Ploy?

I mean I'm not saying that there are no options or that I can't beat her, it's just that she's one of the hardest for me to counter with what I currently have. I find her much more oppressive than pretty much every other mage, whether it be on player phase or enemy phase (as opposed to Winter Tharja for example).

At the moment my plan A is probably to smash her with a brave Cherche and hope I can escape retaliation from her allies. One or two of her in a run is probably fine, but AA was extra hellish when she was a bonus unit.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I mean I'm not saying that there are no options or that I can't beat her, it's just that she's one of the hardest for me to counter with what I currently have. I find her much more oppressive than pretty much every other mage, whether it be on player phase or enemy phase (as opposed to Winter Tharja for example).

At the moment my plan A is probably to smash her with a brave Cherche and hope I can escape retaliation from her allies. One or two of her in a run is probably fine, but AA was extra hellish when she was a bonus unit.

Well that's true. She's better than Tharja in the fact that she's good in both phases