Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Spoiler

So about Gunnthra's quotes. Apparently siblings was the the correct term as Fjorm has a brother. Surtr also has only 2 children. That guy we saw in the trailer is basically one of his henchmen

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do we know what Julius' skills are yet? Or what his Tome does? 

Spoiler

His time gives him the dragon status. Res +3 and chill atk for all who don't have a dragon effective weapon

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

So about Gunnthra's quotes. Apparently siblings was the the correct term as Fjorm has a brother. Surtr also has only 2 children. That guy we saw in the trailer is basically one of his henchmen

Oh? Where is this revealed?

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do we know what Julius' skills are yet? Or what his Tome does? 

Spoiler

Grants +3 res. The unit is vulnerable against effective skills against dragons. -6 Atk to the opponent during combat if unit does not have weapon effective against dragons (Naga, Falchion, etc.).

LOPTYR ANIMATION

Spoiler

bz65rfia5rw01.gif

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Reddit post. Said the info came from the datamine

Huh. Interesting. Wonder if they'll be new legendary heroes, or otherwise recruitable.

6 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Grants +3 res. The unit is vulnerable against effective skills against dragons. -6 Atk to the opponent during combat if unit does not have weapon effective against dragons (Naga, Falchion, etc.).

LOPTYR ANIMATION

Reveal hidden contents

bz65rfia5rw01.gif

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

His time gives him the dragon status. Res +3 and chill atk for all who don't have a dragon effective weapon

Thanks, chaps. 

Does he have any juicy skills? 

Thanks for Praying Gift is great. Glad I converted to the Church of Fire Emblem Heroes. 

And they moved the GHB Round 2 maps right next to Round 1. Finally. That's worthy of being in the update notification.

Julius coming with Distant Def is fantastic. Very nice to see DD3 available in an easier way now. Stuff like a DD6 Faye build might not be such a pain to make now.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Julius coming with Distant Def is fantastic. Very nice to see DD3 available in an easier way now. Stuff like a DD6 Faye build might not be such a pain to make now.

Where did you read this? I just saw someone else say guard and atk ploy

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Where did you read this? I just saw someone else say guard and atk ploy

Welp, looks like multiple people were pushing the wrong thing. They were saying Distant Def and Seal res/spd.

Here's the real one, you're right.

Spoiler

1525841247117.png

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, Corrin's refinement isn't the best thing ever, but there are certainly worse ones. I won't say no to +2 to all stats, either. With a speed refine, neutral speed Corrin hits 37 speed. With the darting blow 3 I gave him, he hits 43 on initiation. Since his support partner is PA!Azura, he can potentially get +3 to all stats after getting sung for, and +2 to all stats if he's right next to her.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with Corrin's refine. Possibly enough to make Yato my next refine.

I find ironic that anything nice my Male Corn gets, Female Corn gets a better thing. The same way the fanbase generally feels about them.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Hide contents

Of course the new male OC looks pretty grotesque and obviously evil. Should I be surprised? Because I'm not.

Does he? Idk I like his design. I will admit that the faces he makes outside his attack and injured pose are strange but wouldn’t really go as far to say grotesque. Don’t really care about the unicorn ornament though.

That's a... unique refine on Corrin's Yato.

Not the Spectrum boost, though that is pretty neat, if a little impairing on Corrins own Speed.

I mean, that Special refine is... quite odd, to be honest. It means that Corrin needs to be supported with someone, and that the refine is useless otherwise.

Also means that if you face a Corrin with that refine in Arena, it's basically a useless boost, lol.

I... don't know how to feel about these new weapons.

Oh, Clair got the Wing Spear as her personal weapon. I've got a +Atk/-Def Clair as a candidate and I'm thinking that's optimal. Atk superboons are always too good to pass up, and this keeps her magic bulk intact.

Well I have officially lost my freakin mind. I not only sent SO MANY UNITS home to get the feathers together, but I ALSO gave Azama [+Def -Atk] the Close Counter and Renewal 3 skills to make him into a bulky wall that won't be penetrated by anyone anytime soon.

Between him and ArmorApocalypse Soleil, I do believe there is sufficient enough evidence to send me to an insane asylum. Good thing we got free 4* Taco Meme though, so I don't feel quite as bad about using the spare Taco Meme I had laying around as I would have otherwise.

And yeah, I do like Azama... well, maybe like isn't the right word... I enjoy Azama's actions in Fates, and I feel like having a bulky healer who will never die will be a nice change of pace from the usual no defense healers that normally populate the game. The only way he could be better is if he had Sinmara's effect as a C skill, I'd say.

Also canceled out enemy phase music? Best change in the entire game.

Edited by Xenomata

Wait you guys didnt like M Corrin upgrade?

That shit is ball bustingly good like holy shit. Im somewhat sad there havent been this kind of unit on color besides Red but that doesnt diminish the absurdity of Infantry giving Themed Goad and Ward

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

That shit is ball bustingly good like holy shit. Im somewhat sad there havent been this kind of unit on color besides Red but that doesnt diminish the absurdity of Infantry giving Themed Goad and Ward

The main problem with it is that you're locked to supporting one unit and supports don't work in arena defense. Corrin himself really doesn't do anything by himself so there's that. Marth at least has effectivness against dragons as well as renewal 3 to help himself out

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

It's pretty cool in the player's hands and with a good pair up. It's just kind of lame it's useless for a defense team and whatnot, unlike Marth's. It's neat, but a somewhat restricted. Imagine supporting Corrin with the weekly arena bonus unit. That unit would get +10 hp +8/8/8/8 when near Corrin in an arena match. That's hilarious.

Also, I'm warming up to Camilla's Axe a bit. While I really wanted her to get something to make her resemble the death machine she was in Conquest, her axe still isn't bad by any means. I think with Moonbow in place of Iceberg she might keep a similar kill count to what she had with Slaying Axe, provided her Axe's buff is active. And she's buffing allies at the same time that way. A free +3/3 to my Cordelia is no joke, +7/7 if I switched Def Ploy for Goad, and +10/7 if I switched to Drive Atk seal. And they're supported together, so that'd be +12/9 total. Now this is podracing.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The main problem with it is that you're locked to supporting one unit and supports don't work in arena defense. Corrin himself really doesn't do anything by himself so there's that. Marth at least has effectivness against dragons as well as renewal 3 to help himself out

Being locked to one unit really isnt that bad. Most of the time Marth really only support 1 unit because the way Aura Mechanic works in this game its easier to funnel it into 1 big player while the rest of the part try to make do with what they are left with

I give you on the dragon SE though since MCorin stats isnt that good to justify his spot, e.g. basically Marths statsline after upgrade

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It's pretty cool in the player's hands and with a good pair up. It's just kind of lame it's useless for a defense team and whatnot, unlike Marth's. It's neat, but a somewhat restricted. Imagine supporting Corrin with the weekly arena bonus unit. That unit would get +10 hp +8/8/8/8 when near Corrin in an arena match. That's hilarious.

Also, I'm warming up to Camilla's Axe a bit. While I really wanted her to get something to make her resemble the death machine she was in Conquest, her axe still isn't bad by any means. I think with Moonbow in place of Iceberg she might keep a similar kill count to what she had with Slaying Axe, provided her Axe's buff is active. And she's buffing allies at the same time that way. A free +3/3 to my Cordelia is no joke, +7/7 if I switched Def Ploy for Goad, and +10/7 if I switched to Drive Atk seal. And they're supported together, so that'd be +12/9 total. Now this is podracing.

The super God combo is pairing Corrin with Dragons or Fallen Grima to take full advantage of Omni Counter

1 slot support that gives 4/4/4/4 is ridiculously busted in value, by itself it gave more stats than Themed Aura C slot wielding Spur Seals and thats before seals adds an aditional 4/3 on 1 stats. Thats like 44/28/39/31, which becomes 48/29/40/32 with 2 panel support and Drive ATK3 Seal

Ive been hyping up Paladin Chrom with Geirskogul and MCorrin is the closest we get to that

Camilla is pretty sweet if only because its a Flying buff on an actual flier

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Being locked to one unit really isnt that bad. Most of the time Marth really only support 1 unit because the way Aura Mechanic works in this game its easier to funnel it into 1 big player while the rest of the part try to make do with what they are left with

I wouldn't necessarily call it the worst refinement, but it doesn't help Corrin out. It's useful for assisted solos and bonus shenanigans, but just doesn't make Corrin good offensively and/or defensively

Edited by silveraura25

I'm willing to bet one of the Corrins is going to get a legendary with the Omega Yato which M!Corrin will be able to spec into. Now that the amount of Robins has exceeded the amount of Corrins, they'll be looking to rebalance it. So yeah, don't be too hasty to try on the new Yato if you don't want to get burned like I did refining Ephraim's Siegmund days before the Flame Siegmund upgrade path was announced.

Spoiler

Wow there's a great difference in the English and Japanese quotes of Julius. He's so edgy and moody in English, but feels cold and sadistic in Japanese. Still, both are great