• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is not a benefit of running cavalry or even mobility. Any pair of units with the same movement range can do this, but it also requires the fact that the unit that ends up attacking can actually kill the opponent, which is not always possible, especially when the opposing team has Rallies to screw up their advance. (It's always nice when the AI backpedals their entire front line to Rally someone in the back to advance, isn't it?)

Also note that this mode of play pretty much negates much of the benefit of using units with more reach.

It doesn't have to be the same movement range, just at least 2 move on both of them and 2 range on both of them.

Regarding the AI advance---it's actually pretty easy to predict outside of Future Visions and Dance. Because those are the two order changing skills that give the enemy more board control while changing the order at the same time. Everything else changes the order at the cost of advancing slower, meaning you have more turns to reorganize or wait for a favorable enemy formation.

And yes, you do give up your reach for raw stats when you make the choice to do that, and you make that choice during combat, rather than during unit building. The difference between horses and armors is that horses can get their reach back after the need for raw stats is over, but armors can't drop 20 BST in the middle of the fight for 2 move. I'd gladly run melee armors if they could make that trade on demand. (If you need both reach and raw stats then you do have to have pretty crazy AI prediction, though.)

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So where are your Res and Atk (and maybe Spd) buffs, then? Surely your team is not running buffs for only one stat, especially with the steady increase in the number of dragons.

Res happens in 3 situations, dragons, tomes, and staves. If you get hit by staves you've already fucked up, badly. So that leaves dragons and tomes. Tomes are either Reinhardt, who you shouldn't be tanking with Selena, or -blade tomes who you need Dull Ranged rather than Res buffs for. Dragons, on the other hand, suffer from low enough speed that they'll basically never double Selena outside sword-breaker or bold fighter. Regular dragons don't have enough Atk to OHKO Selena on offense unless they're a strong blue, and armored dragons who use bold fighter to double her will consistently KO regardless of res buffs.

That is, my res buffs are probably carried by Selena herself since she's not the one using them.

I can't imagine Selena needing more speed than already available (that is, a +6 from either Tactic or Atk/Spd Link & her +2 from Ally Spur)---either she's fighting dragons who never double her outside of Bold Fighter, tomes with Dull Ranged (which negates their speed buffs), or physical units while having around 50 def.

Atk is her main problem, but it's such a big problem that if she doesn't have enough (After a +6 Tactic/Link & +2 Ally Spur) to do her job then the solution is replacing her rather than running more Atk buffs.

Aversa is now the first GHB/TT unit I've ever actually merged. Amazing art and she's strictly better than my +def -res H.Nowi, though no Hone Fliers. At +2 she's +1 atk and -1 spd against my +res -def S.Tana as well. What a great free unit.

Now it's just hard to decide whether to build her around her prf, which won't work on most content that matters without a ton of HP pumping, or just go the same blade tome build yet again.. Interesting prfs are neat and all, but so is blowing stuff up.

29 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Aversa is now the first GHB/TT unit I've ever actually merged. Amazing art and she's strictly better than my +def -res H.Nowi, though no Hone Fliers. At +2 she's +1 atk and -1 spd against my +res -def S.Tana as well. What a great free unit.

She is great, I totally agree, but I won't give her all merges myself.

First merge is +SPD/HP, second +ATK/RES? I'm considering to give her +1 for 1 SPD/HP at least. 

30 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Now it's just hard to decide whether to build her around her prf, which won't work on most content that matters without a ton of HP pumping, or just go the same blade tome build yet again.. Interesting prfs are neat and all, but so is blowing stuff up.

I'll play with her tome for sure (+HP seal is already upgraded), in next TTs and perhaps in a themed clear. In the long run she'll get more use with Rauðrblade+ though. Was pondering how to use her yesterday, would appreciate your input: 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

First merge is +SPD/HP, second +ATK/RES?

Correct. Her lvl 1 stats are 18/7/8/4/7. The order of merge stats should be HP/Spd, Atk/Res, HP/Def, Atk/Spd, Def/Res, and repeat.

Edited by Vaximillian

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Correct. Her lvl 1 stats are 18/7/8/4/7. The order of merge stats should be HP/Spd, Atk/Res, HP/Def, Atk/Spd, Def/Res, and repeat.

Thanks!

I don't know why I keep checking level 40 stats, but in this case the result was the same. 

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

She is great, I totally agree, but I won't give her all merges myself.

I normally wouldn't either, but I think I think I'll actually end up using her a lot. I use Nowi and Tana a fair amount, and since neither have merges or outstanding IVs I think I like Aversa the best for her mix of stats/art/character.

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'll play with her tome for sure (+HP seal is already upgraded), in next TTs and perhaps in a themed clear. In the long run she'll get more use with Rauðrblade+ though. Was pondering how to use her yesterday, would appreciate your input: 

I definitely like her tome a lot. You're right though, that in the long run I guess a blade tome will always be good to have as an option for her. I guess I'll be giving her builds for both.. It's just I'm burning like 100k feathers all of a sudden on her, but it's probably worth it

For your situation, I'd probably say a blade tome sounds like the best fit with either a flier to tactics team with her. If she's going to have all those buffs available to her, might as well make the most of them. I'm personally putting a wind blessing on her, since I think her prf could work well with Gunnthra for some fun team options aside from the usual flier buff team.

Also, I'd say your Morgan doesn't need a blade tome, but you do have a perfect IV for it. I personally stick with the base kit + QR and Glacies which works pretty well even on my -atk one, but I also already have +atk S.Corrin and Camilla to do blade mage stuff. Morgan's default kit is good, but also pretty niche. If you want more blade tome fliers, I'm sure she'd do well.

Edited by Alkaid

@Vaximillian Oooooh congrats! She's gorgeous. 

I just finished my Caeda too. Got enough feathers from GC and did all of her merges at once. She's my first non-infantry +10. And she's absolutely amazing. Tactics team is a really good idea. I really want to try one myself, but don't really have the characters I want to pull it off just yet. You're really hammering out these merge projects. Is Clair next? Do you have someone else in mind?

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

You're really hammering out these merge projects. Is Clair next? Do you have someone else in mind?

Well, what else to spend my feathers on if not my favourites? Haha, now I wish even more for Queen Caeda With Actual Wing Spear as an 8% alt. With Ephraim, Lyn, Hector, Ryoma, and Tiki already having received one, anyone can get one without any rhyme or reason necessary.

Yeah, Clair will be my next +10. She can theoretically be +8 now because I need to pull blue a little more (she’s +2 at the moment with six books on the shelf).

My next promotion, however, is going to actually be Aversa. I can use a ranged flier that isn’t Nino (not that I have anything against her).

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

It's just I'm burning like 100k feathers all of a sudden on her, but it's probably worth it

Yeah, that's my problem too. I try to keep my feather stack up in case I get the missing copies to finish my third +10 project.

But if Aversa want's all those stuff, how could I say no? 

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

For your situation, I'd probably say a blade tome sounds like the best fit with either a flier to tactics team with her. If she's going to have all those buffs available to her, might as well make the most of them. I'm personally putting a wind blessing on her, since I think her prf could work well with Gunnthra for some fun team options aside from the usual flier buff team.

Wind blessing is no option for her in my case (even if she would be great with L!Lucina who also got ATK tactic and gives +3 SPD ...), since Wind is all horses. They got enough of Bladetomes (grOlwen, L!Arachel, Eirika) and other ranged nukes (Gunntra, LA!Roy). 

I'm leaning towards Water blessing. Mixed team for AA doesn't mean I couldn't run her with the fire blessed Fliers in other modes. 

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Also, I'd say your Morgan doesn't need a blade tome, but you do have a perfect IV for it. I personally stick with the base kit + QR and Glacies which works pretty well even on my -atk one, but I also already have +atk S.Corrin and Camilla to do blade mage stuff. Morgan's default kit is good, but also pretty niche. If you want more blade tome fliers, I'm sure she'd do well.

She got a Fire blessing, but is more or less my least favorite option in AA with her current kit. In my score range I don't see many red tomes, somehow even WE!Tharja became a rare sight (no idea why though). I'll consider the Bladetome set for Morgan, but it doesn't have priority yet. 

Thanks! 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, that's my problem too. I try to keep my feather stack up in case I get the missing copies to finish my third +10 project.

But if Aversa want's all those stuff, how could I say no?

Same here, though I keep saying that and then despite all the orbs I've been dumping on the colors I need I haven't gotten many merge copies I'm looking for. I'm leaning towards just trying to have some more fun with my feathers lately to make up for the stagnation of my merge projects. Like I ended up promoting a Titania and building her the other day since I finally got another Legault to give her a triple tactic build.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Wind blessing is no option for her in my case (even if she would be great with L!Lucina who also got ATK tactic and gives +3 SPD ...), since Wind is all horses. They got enough of Bladetomes (grOlwen, L!Arachel, Eirika) and other ranged nukes (Gunntra, LA!Roy). 

I'm leaning towards Water blessing. Mixed team for AA doesn't mean I couldn't run her with the fire blessed Fliers in other modes.

Have you used many of your blessings, or are you still hoarding most? I started handing them out to get a good variety of units within each element, both for gardens and AA scoring use. I was focusing on movement types to match the legendary heroes I had first, but I've sprinkled some other units across them now too.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Like I ended up promoting a Titania and building her the other day since I finally got another Legault to give her a triple tactic build.

Triple Tactic Titania sounds like a great buddy for Aversa. 

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Have you used many of your blessings, or are you still hoarding most? I started handing them out to get a good variety of units within each element, both for gardens and AA scoring use. I was focusing on movement types to match the legendary heroes I had first, but I've sprinkled some other units across them now too.

I distributed most of them to get full AA scores. Each element got 4 full teams (earth got 5 teams), legendary heroes included. Wind is Cavs, Fire is Fliers, Water is mixed and Earth is mixed plus dragons. 

Still have some blessings left (8/11/13/11), but I would like to prevent wasting blessings. They are too valuable as SP multipliers. 

I wonder how long it will take them to release a Phantom HP sacred seal that acts like +15 HP, now that we have gotten quite some handfull HP based skills that arent trash. I mean it would help hose units in PVE content (and to a lesser extent Arena).

Hey, first time on the general discussions topic. I didn't think it was worth making a new topic, but I had to tell this to somebody.

I usually have a certain level of indifference towards GHBs. I'm a collector and the Grand Heroes rarely excite me as units. I just pick the 3* version and that's it. If I like them I 5* them with just 2000 feathers more than if I bothered to play on Lunatic and that's enough for me. There's also the fact that until recently I rarely used skill inheritance and extra copies just wasted all of my space. This is the "norm" for me, but...

for your wife you would break any rules ;)

So I'm just waiting to get enough feathers to evolve all of my Awakening wives while my Fates wife looks at them with jealous eyes xD

I will put them on different flier teams to avoid any risk of infighting :P

Screenshot_2018-10-25-23-56-13.png

53 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Is there a skill tgat acts kinda like Parity or Nihil? Or rather that stops skills like Vantage etc?

I remember seeing one that starts with P, but can't find it anywere.

Hardy Bearing negates combat order affecting skills---like Vantage or Desperation. It's a sacred seal. (There's also a few weapons with its effect.)

Main problem with it is that it's so much more convenient to just run a Dazzle Staffer.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hardy Bearing negates combat order affecting skills---like Vantage or Desperation. It's a sacred seal. (There's also a few weapons with its effect.)

Main problem with it is that it's so much more convenient to just run a Dazzle Staffer.

It's also worth noting that the weapons of the Festival in Hoshido heroes all have Hardy Bearing's effect built into them too.

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yes, that's the one. I was just so hang up on Parity that i even thought it started with P.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Yes, that's the one. I was just so hang up on Parity that i even thought it started with P.

Pathetity. Because that might as well be its name.

Edited by Vaximillian

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, what else to spend my feathers on if not my favourites? Haha, now I wish even more for Queen Caeda With Actual Wing Spear as an 8% alt. With Ephraim, Lyn, Hector, Ryoma, and Tiki already having received one, anyone can get one without any rhyme or reason necessary.

Yeah, Clair will be my next +10. She can theoretically be +8 now because I need to pull blue a little more (she’s +2 at the moment with six books on the shelf).

My next promotion, however, is going to actually be Aversa. I can use a ranged flier that isn’t Nino (not that I have anything against her).

We've got Hero King Marth. We definitely need Queen Caeda. But since we've gotten both Marth and Tiki, we may have to wait for her a bit. Definitely one of my fave FE heroines. 

Aversa looks really, really good. I'll probably promote her myself. I kinda want to slap a -blade tome on her... She's definitely a GHB unit with a lot of utility. And Clair's really good too. I desperately need to build mine since I've been slacking. I think the 5 star copy I pulled WAAAAY back when is +RES -DEF which is pretty good for ploying. But Shigure's gonna be my main flier. I think I need 3 more copies of him. XD And then I'm going to do a stupid DC+Berkut's Lance build... 

Barely out and I'm already annoyed by Aversa in GC (She would be fine in TT and the like, just annoying), as if I needed another reason to be frustrated with the game at the moment. Having reached max rank, I already pretty much stopped caring to increase my score in the final round, and the first match I kinda wanted to play out I got her in the back of all the enemies, not even moving after the first turn, wasting my time behind a 2HP breakable wall, making it impossible to reach her and basically turning my team into a handicap parade. Yeah, I'll totally continue playing this round. At least Aversa is a good unit and would make a fine member of Flier Emblem team #3.

Also, good to know how IS has another notification about faulty descriptions to skills and STILL hasn't fixed Ares Dark Mystletainn's description in German. I've told them on release per Feedback and another time per inquiry. And yet, it still says that its effect triggers before or AFTER combat, when it clearly works for before and DURING combat. At least it's clear they don't care about what I have to say.

Book 3, save me and reinvigorate my passion for this game a bit, please?

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

I wonder how long it will take them to release a Phantom HP sacred seal that acts like +15 HP, now that we have gotten quite some handfull HP based skills that arent trash. I mean it would help hose units in PVE content (and to a lesser extent Arena).

As cool as it sounds to use, it'd be absolutely horrible to fight against and you can be certain a lot of people would put her on defense teams, etc. Her having "good but not absurd" HP is enough of a challenge for most units/teams, and to go all out with an HP build for her weakens her as a fighter, which is a fair compromise.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

We've got Hero King Marth. We definitely need Queen Caeda. But since we've gotten both Marth and Tiki, we may have to wait for her a bit. Definitely one of my fave FE heroines. 

Aversa looks really, really good. I'll probably promote her myself. I kinda want to slap a -blade tome on her... She's definitely a GHB unit with a lot of utility. And Clair's really good too. I desperately need to build mine since I've been slacking. 

Can we give up Ryoma, Ephraim, and Tiki in exchange for Caeda? Especially Ryoma, his 8% alt bothers me a huge lot.

Yeah, her prf isn’t going to be extremely useful in this world of overbloated stats—especially HP, as the Infernal version of herself can show—while flying bladetomes have become slightly more accessible thanks to tactics buffs (which I tend to overlook because my lacking Hinoka is forever a sore wound for me). Oh well, I really don’t have the feathers for that, and her season is going to overlap with Sharena’s, and Naga knows I cannot miss Sharena’s season. Sadness.

I like how interchangable Caeda and Clair are thanks to their identical function (bar colour application). I can easily switch either for another when need arises, especially after me having given them identical builds, haha. Skewering those nasty Tikis and slicing up those nasty Grimas is fun, of course, even if undesirable in the current babysitter arena. Which I utterly detest.

This leads me to the other aspect of current Heroes I completely abhor: the whole concept of 8% alts and their providing boosts to score during their seasons. The thing is, the arena works in 3+1 (core plus bonus) structure, and there is no place for an 8% (that isn’t Fjorm for obvious reasons) past the fortnight of their release, unless you’re Ice Dragon-grade sea mammal that can afford to merge up new shiny 8%s every month. Why spend and pull for 8% then? Only for collection purposes? (like me and King Marth, honestly) Fodder? (like me and two delicious Hectors last time and Lyn this upcoming time)

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can we give up Ryoma, Ephraim, and Tiki in exchange for Caeda?

Nah, the only ones who deserved to be sacrificed for Queen Caeda are the two who aren't legendary in any way or sense (Fjorm, Gunnthra).

If our next legendary is seriously the ice prince, I'll not only refuse to spend any orbs on his banner but might convert to being complete F2P for at least a month so maybe then I'll finally pre-order my copy of Smash Ultimate. That would seriously make me that angry.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, the only ones who deserved to be sacrificed for Queen Caeda are the two who aren't legendary in any way or sense (Fjorm, Gunnthra).

If our next legendary is seriously the ice prince, I'll not only refuse to spend any orbs on his banner but might convert to being complete F2P for at least a month so maybe then I'll finally pre-order my copy of Smash Ultimate. That would seriously make me that angry.

While he's a possibility, so far we haven't had more than 2 characters per source game (though of course this won't last), and we're 3/3 on legendary reds being swords, so I dunno if this is his time. I'm suspecting it's far more likely to see Alm, Corrin, Seliph, or Roy if the trends hold up.