Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Looking at reactions from different reddit post comments and here it seems that it really is cringey as a majority of comments point out Aversa/Loki interraction as being bad

Honestly, I don't think places like reddit or here usually represent what the majority of the community thinks on this sort of thing. Aside from being pretty tiny relative to the total number of fans, these places seem to attract a disproportionate amount of the long-standing and "hardcore" types of fans(who would more likely bother to participate on a fire emblem fan site/board), so the opinions seem to skew toward what they think. I think a bigger portion of fans like or are at least neutral toward things like fanservice that are commonly complained about here.

It's kind of like all the gripes about female-heavy banners I see here, but you know all those waifu hunters are out there and so does IS's sales data, so it keeps happening.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Honestly, I don't think places like reddit or here usually represent what the majority of the community thinks on this sort of thing. Aside from being pretty tiny relative to the total number of fans, these places seem to attract a disproportionate amount of the long-standing and "hardcore" types of fans(who would more likely bother to participate on a fire emblem fan site/board), so the opinions seem to skew toward what they think. I think a bigger portion of fans like or are at least neutral toward things like fanservice that are commonly complained about here.

It's kind of like all the gripes about female-heavy banners I see here, but you know all those waifu hunters are out there and so does IS's sales data, so it keeps happening.

I wouldn't overplay the reaction. Just that a majority of those among the ones who speak their mind are of the opinion that it's just bad.

Anyways,  I'm off to bed. The legendary hero trailer won't be in for a few days so I won't have to bother getting up at 6 AM to see the trailer. Sigh. There won't be anything of interest going for the next couple of days. My interest in this game is dying. If November doesn't do anything good then I just might sell my account. It just feels pointless to me at this point to continue playing a game that I constantly have issues with. Granblue winning me over isn't helping

Edited by silveraura25

Because of the nature of FEH, technically IS doesn't even need to pander to the majority of players -- they just need to pander to the majority of whales.

So even if the actual majority of players don't care for characters sucking up to and worshipping the summoner and don't like the idea of women fighting over them (because they find it uncomfortable or are not attracted to women), if the majority of whales are straight men who will shell out stupid amounts of money for 2-D waifus to fight over them, well, that's what everyone is getting.

What's in the "majority" doesn't even really matter, what the majority of whales want does. Or are you going to seriously tell me that the majority of players actually wanted Bride Sanaki over Groom Marth on a banner? It doesn't matter if more people want Marth on the banner if more people who are willing to pay want Sanaki on that banner.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Reddit is vocal but tiny in the grand scheme of things.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I think there's enough of a consensus to be drawn from generalized reactions on online interactive services even if there is one significant one in this case. I will agree that reddit is tiny for CYL and other stuff like that. 

Approximately a quarter million players participate in the Arena every week. If you see a post get 1,000 up-votes, that's less than half of a percent of the active player base.

I finished Infernal Valter just right now but i can not figure out Michalis. I don't have anyone with HP high enough to  tackle Panic Ploy 1, and Aversa, even with all the HP buffs can't touch the stupid lance that's being fortified. (all my armours are low HP as well). really have to go take a think on that one. 

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Because of the nature of FEH, technically IS doesn't even need to pander to the majority of players -- they just need to pander to the majority of whales.

So even if the actual majority of players don't care for characters sucking up to and worshipping the summoner and don't like the idea of women fighting over them (because they find it uncomfortable or are not attracted to women), if the majority of whales are straight men who will shell out stupid amounts of money for 2-D waifus to fight over them, well, that's what everyone is getting.

What's in the "majority" doesn't even really matter, what the majority of whales want does. Or are you going to seriously tell me that the majority of players actually wanted Bride Sanaki over Groom Marth on a banner? It doesn't matter if more people want Marth on the banner if more people who are willing to pay want Sanaki on that banner.

Pretty much this.  As much as we like to blame IS, if their practices cost them money or a large amount of outrage (not just a few people on reddit) then certainly they would change.  Whales almost completely finance the game.  Also though US has large playerbase Japan is biggest by some margin and the game is Japanese made.  I think Japanese are much more into this harem every girl fight over the guy kind of thing.  That's how the world works yo.  I am a guy.  I go into a high end dance club, and suddenly all these 10/10 women are fighting to the death over me.  I say "Stop!  There is enough of me to go around!"  They also call me a legend and hero just because.  

Because the clock went back by one hour in some places expect the daily reset to occur earlier for those of you affected (getting up at 5 AM feels nice just to watch a banner trailer)

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Because the clock went back by one hour in some places expect the daily reset to occur earlier for those of you affected (getting up at 5 AM feels nice just to watch a banner trailer)

Daylight saving switch is a crime against humanity.

I like this VG theme. I tried to summon on the all female one. Three blues, wrong focus units. Anyways going with Tailtiu

Lol. There are pairs for this VG. Aura girls, the Dire Thunder siblings, Bloom girls and father/daughter

Edited by silveraura25

>eight blue focus units

>four on each banner

This is not a good banner. You'd think they'd learn after the healer gauntlet and the Falchion banner.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

>eight blue focus units

>four on each banner

This is not a good banner. You'd think they'd learn after the healer gauntlet and the Falchion banner.

No, the all girls one is good as all of them are 5* exclusive characters, the other one is bad though. You also have an increased chance to get a focus unit

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

No, the all girls one is good as all of them are 5* exclusive characters, the other one is bad though. You also have an increased chance to get a focus unit

Not if I already have 2/4 of the characters on that banner and only want one of the two that I'm missing.

If you just want a 5-star, then it's great. If you're aiming for any specific focus unit, then it's a horrible banner.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

there was a cleric gauntlet?

There was indeed a gauntlet of cleric imoutos. Lissa, Priscilla, Lachesis, Elise, Maria, Mist, Sakura, and Clarine all were participants.

So, guys, convince me that it's not worth going after Tana with my pity rate at 3% and with only 23 hours left and me refusing to purchase orbs after I used up my gift card. She will be back on a banner at some point, right? Getting Innes, one of the characters I wanted, with a good nature is enough for this banner, right?

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The probability of getting any individual 5-star character isn't great, but the probability of getting a 5-star character in general is enormous. At base rate, there is a 13% chance of pulling a 5-star character when pulling blue.

If you're not picky about who you get, single-color banners are by far the best banners to pull for 5-stars.

For the record, the old Wyvern Riders banner had a massive 17% 5-star rate when pulling green.

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The probability of getting any individual 5-star character isn't great, but the probability of getting a 5-star character in general is enormous. At base rate, there is a 13% chance of pulling a 5-star character when pulling blue.

If you're not picky about who you get, single-color banners are by far the best times to pull for 5-stars.

For the record, the old Wyvern Riders banner had a massive 17% 5-star rate when pulling green.

Wasn't the "hard limit" for how good these kind of banners are at 3 unit on the banner? I'm aware of this though, a lot of people praised Ayragate and Falchiongate nowadays since they are objectively some of the best banner the game have

Don't have anyone on the second VG banner, so my chances would be very high to get a new blue tome lady ...if I had orbs to spare. 

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wish I could join in the farming HM on Rival Domains but alas, I play FEH on iOS so I can't seem to find an automated method.

You just need a PC (with Windows and ideally Intel CPU) to do this:

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wasn't the "hard limit" for how good these kind of banners are at 3 unit on the banner?

A banner with all focus colors of the same color has the same 5-star rate as any other banner with all focus colors of the same color, regardless of the number of characters on the banner (as long as the banners are the same color as each other and the non-focus pools are identical).

A banner with only 1 blue character and nothing else has the same 5-star rate as a banner with 50 blue characters and nothing else. The only difference between them is the probability of getting a specific character.

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Don't have anyone on the second VG banner, so my chances would be very high to get a new blue tome lady ...if I had orbs to spare. 

I do have Ishtar and Olwen from there, but I wouldn’t mind getting merges or better natures, and I’d certainly love to get Linde or try for Ophelia… if only I didn’t have to save at least some orbs for Spd Tactic.

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You just need a PC (with Windows and ideally Intel CPU) to do this:

Is there a risk that I could get banned? I do recall something about plenty of emulator users getting banned on FEH.