Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I am surprised that IS decided to go with Kaze instead of Brave Lyn. This makes me believe that Brave Lyn can be in the October Legendary Banner, although I am not sure about it.

Also, when we will have the others Smoke Skills in the summoning pool. Res Smoke isn't a issue, since Female Grima apppers every single month (which will change next month), but Def Smoke is only in a seasonal unit (Spring Afonse). IS could give us Def Smoke as a Seal, like what happened to Brazen Atk/Res, a skill which until this date is a seasonal unit skill (only Summer Linde has it).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Wait, did the 3 orb Tap Battle quests disappeared?!?

I think I missed out on them ><

I was waiting to claim then when I needed more orbs... and have a safety net when I spend too many orbs too fast

The whole month-long Tap Battle period skewed my perception of when those quests ended. Ugh.

Edited by mcsilas

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

This would make me pull for Linde +10

That does look really good. They are improving combat animations a little lately, such as with Odin's Missiletainn, but this takes it to a whole new level.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If that were a real Starlight Breaker, it should be hitting for several hundred damage.

Serenes Forest's secret #1 Nanoha fan here.

Then better not watch the zero-damage version

43 minutes ago, XRay said:

They are improving combat animations a little lately, such as with Odin's Missiletainn, but this takes it to a whole new level.

I also like some new little details, like how Ophelia flips her tome. 

No idea how IS could integrate such exaggerated awesome animations. Perhaps when killing the final boss of TTs or CCs with a damage special? 

Edited by mampfoid

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But okay, how to do this map?

Snipe the dancer. Or use bulkier units.

Tharja can't reach the bottom-left corner of the danger zone even if she is danced, so you can just put a green magic tank there to pull Sanaki and Ninian.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You could bait Sanaki and Ninian with a green RES tank and bait Marth with a sword. In my case Tharja Rallys Ninian, gets danced and Rallys Marth. 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fake Starlight Breaker spotted.

It's still Beta perhaps. 

So today was a bust. All three summons I got to do had no orbs of a color I wanted. No green in the smoke, no red in either of the sessions I could open for a better Myrrh. So now I am going through my long backlog of Squad Assaults and hoping I'll grind up enough that with Arena orbs I can safely open another session today and hopefully get an color I want.

As for this being here. Good Grief I forgot how much I HAAAATTTEEEE Squad Assault. It wouldn't bother me too much if I could pick up where I failed at(with previous units still barred of course), but good grief is it annoying. But I am the type of person who easily forgets how I cleared something. So even with it remembering my team setup I can easily end up having to redo dozens of times. due to minor movement/posistioning differences on my part throwing the AI way off the path it took the first time.

@mampfoid My first thought was that looks like something that would fit into a Super Robot Wars game. The over the top attack animations of the powerful attacks while getting skipped alot can still be lots of fun to watch!

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Snipe the dancer. Or use bulkier units.

Tharja can't reach the bottom-left corner of the danger zone even if she is danced, so you can just put a green magic tank there to pull Sanaki and Ninian.

At last I figured it out. My tanks weren’t tanky enough. Thanks for the advice!

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You could bait Sanaki and Ninian with a green RES tank and bait Marth with a sword.

I did bait Marth with a sword and bait Sanaki and Ninian with a Res tank… but it didn’t come to my mind to do it at the same time. Because I’m a master tactician, obvously. Thanks for the advice!

Screenshot_20181029-211710.png

Map 1: Lyn, Celica, Soren, Ishtar;
Map 2: Joshua, male Robin, Flying Nino, Merric;
Map 3: Elincia, Catria, Est, Cherche.

10 minutes ago, Usana said:

@mampfoid My first thought was that looks like something that would fit into a Super Robot Wars game. The over the top attack animations of the powerful attacks while getting skipped alot can still be lots of fun to watch!

I think it would be a good situational addition, of course it would have to be skippable to not become the most hated change. 

Btw: I enjoy Squad Assault, but a kind of reminder what moves you did the last time would be nice. Something like in racing games, where you can see a shadow version car of your last attempt to beat the clock. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks for the advice!

You are welcome!

Congrats on finishing that set. They aren't easy with the blessing restriction and Squad Assault-like stats. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Map 3: Elincia, Catria, Est, Cherche.

Nice team! 

Where is Palla? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Nice team! 

Where is Palla? 

I oh so much wish for Palla to get a prf. I’d love for it to be the ladyblade with whatever stats and skills they decide to throw onto it. I just don’t like how goofy the gem weapons look like.
Oh, and everyone on this team except Catria is using a brave, while Catria is the honourary (and honoured) tank of the group.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Starlight Breaker beta test destroyed an entire mock-battle arena.

They tried to calculate the damage with Integers. 

Buffer overflow > Starlight Breaker

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I oh so much wish for Palla to get a prf. I’d love for it to be the ladyblade with whatever stats and skills they decide to throw onto it. I just don’t like how goofy the gem weapons look like.

There are some nice inheritable swords out there, for example the swords introduced by the newest dancers. Palla was member of my original Flier Emblem (until Nowi happened), I'm still pondering what new role I could give her. Ruby sword is ugly indeed (ask my Olivia), but Sapphire Lance looks ok. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

There are some nice inheritable swords out there, for example the swords introduced by the newest dancers. Palla was member of my original Flier Emblem (until Nowi happened), I'm still pondering what new role I could give her. Emerald sword us ugly indeed (ask my Olivia), but Sapphire Lance is ok. 

Sapphire lance is ok because it was obviously meant to allude to the blessed lance Azura is associated with in all official art. Sully and Subaki getting it as well is just a side effect.

Ruby sword is almost ok if not for its excessively wide blade. It does remind me of the Roman gladii, so I can (almost) let it slide. Emerald axe is just no, though.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

They tried to calculate the damage with Integers. 

Buffer overflow > Starlight Breaker

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't quite reach the 2,147,483,647 damage to actually overflow any reasonably programmed calculation. Then again, with the comma debacle during the previous Voting Gauntlet, I'm not sure they can actually be trusted to code that reasonably to begin with.

You'd probably need something like a dozen simultaneous Aegis procs plus Shield Pulse to drop a Starlight Breaker's damage to zero, which would put the damage at about 20,000, give or take a few orders of magnitude (but that's still nowhere near 2 billion).

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't quite reach the 2,147,483,647 damage to actually overflow any reasonably programmed calculation. Then again, with the comma debacle during the previous Voting Gauntlet, I'm not sure they can actually be trusted to code that reasonably to begin with.

I guess any reasonably programmed calculation can be broken by comma debacles and/or loop labyrinths. 

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You'd probably need something like a dozen simultaneous Aegis procs plus Shield Pulse to drop a Starlight Breaker's damage to zero, which would put the damage at about 20,000, give or take a few orders of magnitude (but that's still nowhere near 2 billion).

The one time that (simultaneous) Ice Mirror could create real overkill. 

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ruby sword is almost ok if not for its excessively wide blade. It does remind me of the Roman gladii, so I can (almost) let it slide. Emerald axe is just no, though.

Ruby looks bad on Caeda, Palla and Olivia. That's enough for me to call it ugly. 

Emerald axe is in a similar corner position. I hope gem weapons get an upgrade with the next big update. Not sure if I want gem tomes though. 

Edited by mampfoid

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ruby looks bad on Caeda, Palla and Olivia. That's enough for me to call it ugly. 

Ruby looks bad on Palla and Olivia indeed but oh well, at least they work. They do need some upgrades, though.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I think it would be a good situational addition, of course it would have to be skippable to not become the most hated change. 

Btw: I enjoy Squad Assault, but a kind of reminder what moves you did the last time would be nice. Something like in racing games, where you can see a shadow version car of your last attempt to beat the clock.

Oh yeah, definitely skippable. Imagine finding out one of your only counters for a specific situation was used earlier and you need to change team arrangements. That would suck if you couldn't.

The shadow would help but it would still be annoying when I just need to find the right combo for map 5.  Just feels like busy working 'redoing' the same motions over and over again once you have solved the prior ones.

17 minutes ago, Usana said:

The shadow would help but it would still be annoying when I just need to find the right combo for map 5.  Just feels like busy working 'redoing' the same motions over and over again once you have solved the prior ones.

Perhaps I'm dulled from weekly Arena Assault, but I never experienced SA as overly annoying in that regard.  

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Screenshot_20181029-203050.png

You move anywhere: boom, Tharja got danced and killed you. You move anywhere else: boon, Sanaki got danced and killed you.

I used a red tome unit with Rauðrblade, a dancer, Titania with triple tactic, and a sword unit. In turn 1, I placed the sword unit in Marth's range (four spaces below him) and I placed the tome units in Sanaki range (three spaces below her). Tharja used rally on Sanaki, Ninian refreshed her, she attacked my red tome unit and died, Sanaki attacked my red tome unit and died, Marth attacked my sword unit and died, and, in turn 2, Titania finished Ninian.