Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Is there a risk that I could get banned? I do recall something about plenty of emulator users getting banned on FEH.

Well, technically any automation—and there is an automation feature in MeMU—is against the rules but the cases of banes I’ve heard about were caused by said users hacking rather than just botting. Emulation itself doesn’t seem to be against the rules.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do have Ishtar and Olwen from there, but I wouldn’t mind getting merges or better natures, and I’d certainly love to get Linde or try for Ophelia… if only I didn’t have to save at least some orbs for Spd Tactic.

34 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Is there a risk that I could get banned? I do recall something about plenty of emulator users getting banned on FEH.

Technically it's against the rules (MEmu is pre-rooted, it's an device Nintendo doesn't support and the automation option), I'm using it since some months without issues though. Like @Vaximillian wrote, automation on iOS would be against the rules as well. 

12 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Because of the nature of FEH, technically IS doesn't even need to pander to the majority of players -- they just need to pander to the majority of whales.

So even if the actual majority of players don't care for characters sucking up to and worshipping the summoner and don't like the idea of women fighting over them (because they find it uncomfortable or are not attracted to women), if the majority of whales are straight men who will shell out stupid amounts of money for 2-D waifus to fight over them, well, that's what everyone is getting.

What's in the "majority" doesn't even really matter, what the majority of whales want does. Or are you going to seriously tell me that the majority of players actually wanted Bride Sanaki over Groom Marth on a banner? It doesn't matter if more people want Marth on the banner if more people who are willing to pay want Sanaki on that banner.

That's true about the whales, but these communities are also prone to becoming echo chambers if nobody considers the fanbase beyond them. I remember back during the flier gauntlet when the majority here voted for Minerva and thought she stood a chance of winning. Then Camilla completely squashed her numbers, because she's much more popular overall despite being disliked by a lot of people here. I'm just saying be careful not to always pin even a consensus from these places as actually representative of the bigger picture.

This is the second time regular Linde has been on a voting gauntlet banner, right? This is the third time I summoned her and there was a chance it would have been my fourth or fifth if I had chosen to spend some orbs. I have summoned three of each Kippu drawn regular Elincia, Linde, and Ninian. All I need now are three summer Lindes and I'll have a +2 Kippu team assuming I merge Ninian that is.

This... This is a conspiracy.

14 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Like others have said, there isn't that much of a risk of getting banned by using Memu if you don't us it to bot or hack.

I have been using Memu since launch to play in my Alt account without any problem whatsoever. I even use the macro function of memu to play the Tap battles. The only problem with playing in emulators is that you can't use the shop. 

21 minutes ago, Rhein said:

Like others have said, there isn't that much of a risk of getting banned by using Memu if you don't us it to bot or hack.

I have been using Memu since launch to play in my Alt account without any problem whatsoever. I even use the macro function of memu to play the Tap battles. The only problem with playing in emulators is that you can't use the shop. 

Wait, is there a difference between macros and bots? I normally see the 2 terms used interchangeably.

28 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wait, is there a difference between macros and bots? I normally see the 2 terms used interchangeably.

The way I understand it, Macros are commands input by the player to complete a series of actions, such as in MMOs you'd set up a combo of skills to perform in perfect synchronization. It may sound innocent, but you'd be able to force commands that'd be impossible for humans to perform, even by pros at the game.

A Bot, meanwhile, is a program that performs a given action without further input from the player, such as gold grinding in an MMO.

...I played an MMO where both were big problems overall, so I only know of Macros and Bots in the MMO sense...

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Bots generally require external programs and are more sophisticated than macros, or that is what I understand about bots. In certain games, macros are allowed generally, while bots are always frowned upon.

If you don't abuse the macro function of Memu, I don't think that you will get in problems. I use it only for Tap battle and I have to start the macro for each floor.

16 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So, guys, convince me that it's not worth going after Tana with my pity rate at 3% and with only 23 hours left and me refusing to purchase orbs after I used up my gift card. She will be back on a banner at some point, right? Getting Innes, one of the characters I wanted, with a good nature is enough for this banner, right?

Tana's a cute girl, so she definitely will be back soon. If it was Innes you were lacking, I couldn't say for sure (have Luke or Saber even been on another banner?)

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

have Luke or Saber even been on another banner?

Nope. And it's not like IS has forgotten they exist since Luke is slated to be an Arena bonus unit starting this week and Saber was among the legendary Marth and Doorway to Destiny group of bonus units.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Tana's a cute girl, so she definitely will be back soon. If it was Innes you were lacking, I couldn't say for sure (have Luke or Saber even been on another banner?)

I got an Innes in the Halloween banner. it was odd. 
(I always feel if you shop in grey (and green) long enough you get really good 5* units. )

also that moment that every Gwendolyn build includes sacrificing a Nephenee for her. 
nope.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

also that moment that every Gwendolyn build includes sacrificing a Nephenee for her. 
nope.

There's this monster.

Most builds I've seen with lance units, particularly armors and high resistance and/or defense ones involve sacrificing Berkut for his lance. Anyway, I also remember @Ice Dragon talking about facing a Firesweep Lance, Steady Breath? Gwendolyn and there was a post on Reddit about this weird build for scoring using Firesweep Lance, Distant Counter, and Poison Strike. I can't seem to find it.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

There's this monster.

Most builds I've seen with lance units, particularly armors and high resistance and/or defense ones involve sacrificing Berkut for his lance. Anyway, I also remember @Ice Dragon talking about facing a Firesweep Lance, Steady Breath? Gwendolyn and there was a post on Reddit about this weird build for scoring using Firesweep Lance, Distant Counter, and Poison Strike. I can't seem to find it.

Yah i've seen that too. Effie (and Wendy) tend to get the Berkut Lance. now i have 4 of them, I was thinking maybe i could give up the one we got this month for someone, but i don't know. Berkut hits like a truck from what i've seen and it would suck to give up a few of him for the lance, but to have a beasty Wendy would be awesome. (that is one scary monster for true). lol i think that's the problem with me. i don't know if i'd ever have the stomach to sacrifice a 5* rare unit

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Berkut hits like a truck from what i've seen and it would suck to give up a few of him for the lance, but to have a beasty Wendy would be awesome. (that is one scary monster for true). lol i think that's the problem with me. i don't know if i'd ever have the stomach to sacrifice a 5* rare unit

I am very hesitant to sacrifice limited units from GHBs, TTs, whatever. F!Robin is the biggest offender when to this day, we still have not been introduced a unit with B Tomebreaker. We still don't have a blue mage with Keen Blarwolf and axes as usual being screwed out of stuff where Gerome's the only one with Poleaxe, but that's not as bad as straight up not being able to access a simple -breaker skill without sacrificing a limited unit. It's also not that crazy of a skill, so they could just dump it on a new, obviously not going to be demoted unit with three passives as their filler passive or some chump demote with it. The other thing is while we do get several copies of limited units, I still keep them around for freebie strategies as backup or if I don't want to figure out a map and because many of them are pretty good units.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I am very hesitant to sacrifice limited units from GHBs, TTs, whatever. F!Robin is the biggest offender when to this day, we still have not been introduced a unit with B Tomebreaker. We still don't have a blue mage with Keen Blarwolf and axes as usual being screwed out of stuff where Gerome's the only one with Poleaxe, but that's not as bad as straight up not being able to access a simple -breaker skill without sacrificing a limited unit. It's also not that crazy of a skill, so they could just dump it on a new, obviously not going to be demoted unit with three passives as their filler passive or some chump demote with it. The other thing is while we do get several copies of limited units, I still keep them around for freebie strategies as backup or if I don't want to figure out a map and because many of them are pretty good units.

i had accidentally booked F!Robin (not that it matters because i mean i can level her up and merge her) but i am the same way. like i am even nervous about booking them. even though i know it basically means nothing for GHB/TT units coz they are netural so it's a moot thing. they are all just sitting there being "I'm gonna use them one day." It makes no sense that B Tomebreaker isn't included with anyone else. this game is bonkers at times. i had thought that once they were "gone" (or merged) you could get them again but that wasn't the case. oopsie. 

6 minutes ago, AceTrainerDan said:

If this is about Slaying Lance+, Gwendolyn can upgrade her natural Killer Lance+ in the Weapon Refinery.

Yeah, I was assuming it was about Wrath because the slaying lance she can get her hands on naturally, haha.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I was assuming it was about Wrath because the slaying lance she can get her hands on naturally, haha.

no it was the lance i was referring too :)
I didn't know Killer Lance could become the Slaying Lance :)

Hmm, a very interesting banner have arrived. Sigurd, PegaNino and Kaze. Thing is I already have all 3 of them (2 copies of Sigurd), who should I summon for free? Maybe I should try green first, so if I get pitybroken, there's the miniscule chance I get a Lewyn.